Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Gantz 378 Discussion/379 Prediction Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 378 Discussion/379 Prediction Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I'm sure he means the resembles of their wardrobe whilst out of the mecha suit.
    Which has a similarity to the Gatnz suits and the buttons but it just appears to be a design resemblance for the giants.

Edit - or Gonde's pants half I take as well....
    Design-wise you could also say that the alien ships and the soldier's armor also share similarities with the gantz gear, starting with the black-blue colors.

But other than that it doesn't look like they share the same similarities, that suit the blade warriors are wearing doesn't seem to enhance strenght or defense since that fighter dude cut the leg of that bearded giant very easily.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Coolperson1145's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You know how I'd love to see this final battle end? Kei fighting Gonde with the power-of-love-deus-ex-machina aspect and then at the end when it looks like Kei will win, his suit is worn out. I feel like we have not seen this in entire arc. Out of all the many battles this arc had, not one of these suits have been worn out and destroyed. It would be a nice old-styled Gantz twist to things. Sadly it probably won't happen :/

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^I think Anzu's and Nerdo's suit broke during this arc.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coolperson1145 View Post
    You know how I'd love to see this final battle end? Kei fighting Gonde with the power-of-love-deus-ex-machina aspect and then at the end when it looks like Kei will win, his suit is worn out. I feel like we have not seen this in entire arc. Out of all the many battles this arc had, not one of these suits have been worn out and destroyed. It would be a nice old-styled Gantz twist to things. Sadly it probably won't happen :/
    I do like this scenario. That in the end it's just Kurono's own ability against Gonde. I bet he'd die.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hdiuy's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    Its not explained.

But the aliens have technology that is very advanced also.

Its not hard to imagine they have performance enhancement suits.

Plus their's does different stuff than ours, like producing lightening and teleporting the persons limbs.

http://www.mangapanda.com/97-46727-7...apter-312.html

I think some people believe the giants can do this in a similar fashion to the oni aliens.

But from what you can see in the image, they are wearing garments that have nodes on them that are similar to the power nodes on the Gantz suits.

So yeah, they have advanced technology, I felt that explained it pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Could you post a pick of the Gantz-looking suit?
    I'm sure he means the resembles of their wardrobe whilst out of the mecha suit.
    Which has a similarity to the Gatnz suits and the buttons but it just appears to be a design resemblance for the giants.

Edit - or Gonde's pants half I take as well....
    Yup i was refering to the pants. They are pretty much similar to the point where i have to question if it will give them super strength and speed . I know such a thing did not happen (yet?) but i was thinking that if they do wouldn't they be like overkill? It's possible that somehow the designs are similar but still i couldn't help but wonder.
    ..: The night is forever old :..

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

If the aliens had the gantz suit technology in addition to their current strengths - it would be over kill.
    They'd be unstoppable or at the very least, very hard to defeat.... so I just take it as a cosmetic resemblance and nothing more.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Now my question is. If I were Kato, would I swiftly teleport myself back to Earth with Anzu to initiate some... emergency reproductive activities? Or would I step in and try to help Kei?

I predict that someone has to die. Either Kei, or Kato. I'm not surprised if the entire team steps in when Kei starts to lose.

Also notice this when they start fighting. Kei is going to be able to tank 10x the damage the USA team took before dying. As in the whole team.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

If any of the team members were to die - it will be the new ones that became the current team.
    Kato, I don't see him dying right now.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdiuy View Post
    Yup i was refering to the pants. They are pretty much similar to the point where i have to question if it will give them super strength and speed . I know such a thing did not happen (yet?) but i was thinking that if they do wouldn't they be like overkill? It's possible that somehow the designs are similar but still i couldn't help but wonder.
    These are giants. The giants are inherently stronger than regular humans because they are about 10 times our height.

So questioning whether or not they have super strength is unnecessary. They are stronger by definition.

Whether or not the suits give them super strength and super speed is also irrelevant.

As you can see.

http://www.mangapanda.com/gantz/374/14

the suits already do give them special abilities. If you didn't consider this ability over kill, then why would super speed or strength be over kill?

And remember, what does "super strength" imply? That they are stronger than average and can kill quicker.

There have been many battles faught in gantz where the opponents were able to do one hit kills. And those opponents were already over come, except the angels.

So even if the suit did make him "super strong" it'd be irrelevant because its an already used plot point. "oh my god he can one hit kill...........just like 70 bad guys we've defeated" (don't forget those insane skeleton aliens)

Gonde on the other hand for whatever unknown reason is different than the other fights. Our only description is that "his moves defy all logic" Whatever the fuck that means.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

If the aliens had the gantz suit technology in addition to their current strengths - it would be over kill.
    They'd be unstoppable or at the very least, very hard to defeat.... so I just take it as a cosmetic resemblance and nothing more.
    The story thus far already explains that these guys do not have Gantz technology.

its not directly said, but its implied heavily by the "god aliens"

The god aliens stated as a matter of fact, that the giants attacked them and failed.

Irrespective of how the outcome was achieved, the god aliens bested the giants.

Then the God aliens went on to specifically state that they purposefully gave us the technology for no reason what so ever. (Hey, its not our place to figure out the motives of multi-dimensional beings, other wise known as, "gods")

Oku is a shit writer, thats obvious.

But he's not stupid enough to write that the God aliens gave technology to enemies that attacked and lost to them.
    Last edited by kliff2004; March 12, 2013 at 03:03 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I would rate both Izumi and Nishi chaotic evil. From a viewpoint where good and evil exist, of course, otherwise they are just nihilistic egoists. And for being lawful you would expect them to have some kind of principles which I cannot find. They both seem to live in their personal myopia.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    These are giants. The giants are inherently stronger than regular humans because they are about 10 times our height.

So questioning whether or not they have super strength is unnecessary. They are stronger by definition.

Whether or not the suits give them super strength and super speed is also irrelevant.

As you can see.

http://www.mangapanda.com/gantz/374/14

the suits already do give them special abilities. If you didn't consider this ability over kill, then why would super speed or strength be over kill?

And remember, what does "super strength" imply? That they are stronger than average and can kill quicker.

There have been many battles faught in gantz where the opponents were able to do one hit kills. And those opponents were already over come, except the angels.

So even if the suit did make him "super strong" it'd be irrelevant because its an already used plot point. "oh my god he can one hit kill...........just like 70 bad guys we've defeated" (don't forget those insane skeleton aliens)

Gonde on the other hand for whatever unknown reason is different than the other fights. Our only description is that "his moves defy all logic" Whatever the fuck that means.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

The story thus far already explains that these guys do not have Gantz technology.

its not directly said, but its implied heavily by the "god aliens"

The god aliens stated as a matter of fact, that the giants attacked them and failed.

Irrespective of how the outcome was achieved, the god aliens bested the giants.

Then the God aliens went on to specifically state that they purposefully gave us the technology for no reason what so ever. (Hey, its not our place to figure out the motives of multi-dimensional beings, other wise known as, "gods")

Oku is a shit writer, thats obvious.

But he's not stupid enough to write that the God aliens gave technology to enemies that attacked and lost to them.
    I was responding to the other poster but the giants are a much better technologically advanced race already.
    I didn't imply that the giants were given technology similar to gantz by the gods. However, in relation to-the suits similarity in cosmetic appearance only, if they were, it would have been over kill.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhina View Post
    ... emergency reproductive activities...
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by hdiuy View Post
    I have been wanting to ask this for quite some time now : how did the aliens acquire the gantz-looking suit? I don't remember seeing it being explained.
    I would ask something too. How is Gonde in charge now? Just because he kicked the US team, now he can teleport KK to the ship, with voice recognition...? The giants couldn't do teleport before, now how..?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

The giants COULD teleport before. However in order to do this they seemingly had to hack control of the Gantz balls, which according to the God aliens have been disabled. (except for 1 of course..).

We know that the Gantzman could more or less control the machine with his mind... perhaps the giants have a similar capacity. Who knows? It's total BS either way.

As for how/why Gonde is in charge now... well, he's not. He's gone rogue. He killed his commander or whatever and has vowed to annihilate both races if Kei doesn't man up.

---

edit: in other words, I don't know! it doesn't make any sense how he would be able to do any of this stuff on his own.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Kurono was transfered thanks to the USA ball.

The voice recognition could be something the giants have on their ship, maybe Gonde sent the coordinates to the USA ball once Kurono said his name and then he was transfered...or maybe it's just another trick of the gantz ball.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6