Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 223 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 223 Spoiler Thread

Looks like another excellent chapter. I'm gonna wait til the official chapter comes out to comment more. But Yun saving Komatsu...no comment. You know what I wanna say but I won't go there.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure Jirou won't come to stop the battle. Simple reason - he would one-shot everyone in a matter of seconds, even though he might have a reason (Setsuno).

I see this now as overwhelming victory incoming for the Bishokukai, kidnapping most of the chefs with the help of Nitro. They will then withdraw, having accomplished their goal, and Kings' fights will most likely be stopped, all in order to establish their rivalry and to set-up their final confrontations in the Gourmet World.

Things probably won't be so simple, especially for the 3rd faction is yet to make their move.

Must say what that Saiseya's did looked pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Buggy; February 20, 2013 at 07:43 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Might be a mishandling of the power levels here, some inconsistency. Yuda was said to be able to handle one of the Four Beasts, on that level, yet he gets one shotted by a Nitro. Yes, yes, a Nitro is on a completely different plane of existence than the individual Four Beasts, but still he got taken out pretty damn easily.

As I mentioned last chapter, with the way things are now the only available strong character who can take out the Nitro is Shigematsu. The way it stands now a bunch of extremely high level Chefs, who are strong fighters as well, getting taken prisoner.

Chiru and some other strong fighters, I don't know who to be honest, will be responsible for taking out the Chimera/Lye Beasts. That in itself will most likely be a tough fight for the Chefs and fighters.

Also, does this mean that the legendary Saiseya, the National Treasure, is part of the Bishokukai? After it was heavily implied that he revived the 4 Beast we all thought he was part of the 3rd Faction.

Looking at the end game here for this arc it is tough to see the silver lining for the good guys. Plenty of people will wind up either dead, captured, or beaten to a pulp. So what is the good outcome then?
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 223 Discussion Thread

Wow this chapter is epic I expect the Nitro to dominate knowing that they are one of the most hype monster in the Toriko world and the question I have is answered also on how they can tame the Nitro and that is the legendary Saiseya... It seems that this war is not favoring the good side either somebody from the 0th biotope will come over to help maybe mansam will join the battle against Nitro or Shigematsu.

Setsuno will definitely defeat Chiyo but something will definitely interrupt in their fight.... The heavenly kings fight will come later or they will be beaten off panel knowing that their enemy is already go to the Gourmet world so they must be stronger than them

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Disappoint to see Yuda went down so easily. That's a freakin beast there when most of the strong one had their hand fills. This battle is a lot more even than I thought.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

LoS - I don't think Yuda getting one shotted is a mishandling of power levels. Like I said before, I think the Nitro are just like humans, beasts, etc in the manga. Different ones have different power levels and the ones the Bishokukai have are clearly on a higher level than we've seen before.

But I agree with Buggy, I think the Bishokukai are gonna get at least enough chefs to be satisfied and withdraw with both sides suffering considerable damage. I think the 4 Kings fights will be stopped and they will have a sense of how much they need to grow to really put up a fight with their Bishokukai counterparts. Remember, most of the Bishokukai have been in the Gourmet World fighting stronger beasts and eating top shelf ingredients. I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings can't keep up yet.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like, at this point, that most of the major players in the Bishokukai are here at the fest, and yet the 0th only sent a suspected (however I'm sure it was more just suspected) traitor and another member to trail him while they rely on the chefs, gourmet knights, and heavenly kings to beat the bishokukai. The only reason I can see is that even stronger members are still in gourmet world, including Midora who I can't see getting involved right now. This battle is not going to fizzle out as defeats pile up on both sides, especially since we all know that's not how mangas play out lol. Some big catalyst is going to have to end this and I'm not convinced that it will be the 3rd faction.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner nivekthemenace's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

damn with this nitro, super strong bastards, and those new bishokukai alien looking bastards as strong as hell.
    what im curious about is that the master of the saiseyas is the one who have possibly captured those nitro. dang.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

i have this feeling that the 3rd faction is composed of old guys but wiith real talent and insanely strong. damn those people.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mr.danly's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter out on mangapanda! http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/223

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD grinpatch on the last page.... he is disgusting and I hope Coco melts him to a bug-splattered pulp.

Also, one major whoa moment: when the chefs asked "how did the bishokukai master the nitro?" Chiru answered by saying "because the head of the Saiseiya is even more of a monster" (the ingredient protectors like Yosaku, Teppei, etc.).

Another major clue that this head of the Saiseiya Mohyan Shaishai (one of the four gourmet national treasures http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/209/7) is a very bad dude. Chiru directly implies that he is working with/for the Bishokukai, whereas earlier it seemed like he might be doing his own thing with the four beasts revival. The big names are all lining up on the Bishokukai side.... scary stuff
    Currently Following/Completed: One Piece, DGM, HxH, Naruto, Deadman Wonderland, Air Gear, Psyren, Fairy Tail, Bleach.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

They call them nitro for some reason. I ain't disappointed because Yuda was defeated very fast. It was merely done to demonstrate that the tides have turned.

Let's not forget the animals. You never know that Terry and co are sensing all this. I think that on a certain moment the pets' arrival might have a role. It is good to know that beasts can have food honour too. Imagine that Terry gains food honour. Anyway Yuda is going to be kidnapped, Buranchi and Setsuno might be the top chefs who'll deal everything coming to by themselves. I am wondering whom the bishokukai might lose.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Surprised at how easily Yuda seemed to be handled. It seems as though the other chefs are being taken out slowly one by one. And Coco seems as though he might be outmatched for the moment. I'm interested in how long things favour the Bishokukai, and if Shaisai is actually allied. There seems to be quite a few bigs not yet engaged in the battle. I'm interested in seeing what happens.

Intl Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Juin Jutsu Team's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Scum beasts that are able to use the food honor... wow... and Nitro that go on rampage...
    The top of the Saiseiya is truly a monster if he is able to subdue beasts like Nitro and Shijyuu, i really thought he was a member of the 3rd faction, but seems that he is actually a member of the bishokukai... or he gaves just a little help to the bishokukai in exchange of something else?
    can't wait for next Wednesday

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Are we even sure Chiru was talking about Mohyan Shaishai ? It may be the Bishokukai's own Saiseya, Kaitora who is behind this... I mean all the top management guys were shown when Ichiryuu came to their HQ and no one like Mohyan Shaishai was shown there

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner nivekthemenace's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

nah, i dont think that the bishokukai's saiseya is the one who captured the nitro. look at how strong these creature's are. it will take a very exceptional talent to capture these things. look at how weak the saiseya when the ichiryu came.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I thought that was smoke coming off of Grinpatch when I first read the chapter. But after re-reading it, I don't think it's smoke. I think they are lung sacs.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast