Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 223 Discussion Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bonifide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 223 Discussion Thread

Probably a long stretch but I think Zebra might try to take on the Nitro. I mean he is too strong for a regular opponent. We have yet to see him fight another human. Knowing Zebra you know he got a grudge against the Nitro for making him team up with Toriko to take just one of them down.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nivekthemenace View Post
    nah, i dont think that the bishokukai's saiseya is the one who captured the nitro. look at how strong these creature's are. it will take a very exceptional talent to capture these things. look at how weak the saiseya when the ichiryu came.
    That's just a bad comparison because Ichiryuu/Midora/Jirou are on a whole other level, they'd trash anyone there including Nitro probably, that's how strong they are

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy s**t, those Nitro aren't all talks; I feel sorry for Livebearer and the other chefs who have been defeated.
    Anyway this was an other epic chapter and I'm looking forward to seeing Chiru's abilities (nver thought she was a girl XD).
    Grinpatch really is disgusting, but as I suspected, he's giving Coco an hard time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

those are on a different level possibly even massacre half of the spectator

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner nivekthemenace's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

nah, that's exactly the point if the bishokukai's saiseya is the one responsible for capturing those nitro then i gues he would somehow have some fight against ichiryuu. so my point is the bishokukai's saiseya is not the one who captured those nitro.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like we will jump to Coco vs Grinpatch next chapter. That Grinpatch panel is possibly the craziest thing in Toriko so far. Grinpatch appears bloated and deformed from poison but he apparently eats it and likes it! He is a long range fighter, interesting to see how Coco would defend from his breath attacks. Coco has more powerful attacks in his arsenal, but also has to be careful about all the people.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Coco and Grinpatch's fight will be continued in the next chapter. Just like what happened to Toriko and Starjyun, Setsuno and Chiyo fights.
    I'll predict that at the end of the next chapter, we will see what's happening in the Sani and Tommyrod fight. And at the beginning, maybe we will see the one who will fight those Nitros. I'm guessing Zebra will be there.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

nah, that's exactly the point if the bishokukai's saiseya is the one responsible for capturing those nitro then i gues he would somehow have some fight against ichiryuu. so my point is the bishokukai's saiseya is not the one who captured those nitro.
    Your point is moot, you imply that the Nitro are extremely strong that they can cause problems for Ichiryuu, which is something that has yet to be proven and I don't think it is the case. It is clear that there's a difference between Nitro, some of them are stronger than others etc (for example, Toriko/Zebra defeated a Nitro while they were quite injured already), but just because we've seen a couple of them trashing some cooks doesn't mean they're extremely strong.

Remember, cooks are cooks, they ain't Bishokuyas, hence their strength will never reach the level of Bishokuyas with the exception of Setsuno perhaps IMO, because she was the combo of Jirou and we all know what that means.

Heck, even inside the Bishokuyas, Acacia's disciples are on another level, Ichiryuu alone could've trashed all the top management guys of the Bishokukai at that time, and he wasn't even at his full power there. Are you saying that all those guys there present are weaker than some Nitro ? No way in hell man...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Your point is moot, you imply that the Nitro are extremely strong that they can cause problems for Ichiryuu, which is something that has yet to be proven and I don't think it is the case. It is clear that there's a difference between Nitro, some of them are stronger than others etc (for example, Toriko/Zebra defeated a Nitro while they were quite injured already), but just because we've seen a couple of them trashing some cooks doesn't mean they're extremely strong.

Remember, cooks are cooks, they ain't Bishokuyas, hence their strength will never reach the level of Bishokuyas with the exception of Setsuno perhaps IMO, because she was the combo of Jirou and we all know what that means.

Heck, even inside the Bishokuyas, Acacia's disciples are on another level, Ichiryuu alone could've trashed all the top management guys of the Bishokukai at that time, and he wasn't even at his full power there. Are you saying that all those guys there present are weaker than some Nitro ? No way in hell man...
    Hey wasnt yuda the presidents combo partner? Or am I getting that wrong? Cause if he is I would think he would be in the same class as granny setsu, no? And if he is in the same class (or near to it) I bet the nitro will give her some problems unless she can take it out from a distance.
    ThatoneGuy1277

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThatoneGuy1277 View Post
    Hey wasnt yuda the presidents combo partner? Or am I getting that wrong? Cause if he is I would think he would be in the same class as granny setsu, no? And if he is in the same class (or near to it) I bet the nitro will give her some problems unless she can take it out from a distance.
    Where did you get that ?
    Ichiryuu had no combo at all, hence why he said to Toriko that a Bishokuya without a cook, his full course will be shit

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Where did you get that ?
    Ichiryuu had no combo at all, hence why he said to Toriko that a Bishokuya without a cook, his full course will be shit
    I went back to the part I thought I saw that on, wasn't there. My mistake.
    ThatoneGuy1277

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichi is like Midora who doesn't have a permanent combo but can choose anyone to cook for him. Just like when he called Setsuno to cook for him when he was awakening his gourmet cells.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner nivekthemenace's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

man, you're going to far from my point, i was responding on somebody that have hinted that it may be possible that the bishokukai's saiseya is the one who captured the nitros. like i was saying here i dont think that he is strong enough to capturethose beast, i didnt even say about the power class of ichiryuu or acacia;s other disciples. you're the one who is assuming that i said that or anything. come on man. even acacia when he first saw the nitro he even retreated and watched closely how it will react.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 223 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    Might be a mishandling of the power levels here, some inconsistency. Yuda was said to be able to handle one of the Four Beasts
    When was this? Speaking of him, has he been captured then?

Has anybody actually explained how the Bishokukai are even going to use the chefs? Also IGO aren't doing a very good job of protection there at the moment...

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

man, you're going to far from my point, i was responding on somebody that have hinted that it may be possible that the bishokukai's saiseya is the one who captured the nitros. like i was saying here i dont think that he is strong enough to capturethose beast, i didnt even say about the power class of ichiryuu or acacia;s other disciples. you're the one who is assuming that i said that or anything. come on man. even acacia when he first saw the nitro he even retreated and watched closely how it will react.
    Look at this

Quote Quote:
    nah, i dont think that the bishokukai's saiseya is the one who captured the nitro. look at how strong these creature's are. it will take a very exceptional talent to capture these things. look at how weak the saiseya when the ichiryu came.
    Quote Quote:
    nah, that's exactly the point if the bishokukai's saiseya is the one responsible for capturing those nitro then i gues he would somehow have some fight against ichiryuu
    You were the one who brought Ichiryuu into the discussion, not me...

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast