Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: HSDK Chapter 510 Discussion / 511 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 510 Discussion / 511 Predictions

Chapter is ready.

Color Spread.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; February 20, 2013 at 01:12 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 510 Discussion / 511 Predictions

Im sorry but this is just getting old and tiresome. We've already seen Miu vs. Rimi, and now Miu who is in a level above all other disciples has released her Ki, but this fight just continues to drag on and on.

The Kushinada vs. Kisara/Ukita fight is the least interesting one of all that have happened this arc. I simply don't care for Kisara/Ukita, they are boring to me, and Kisara discovering some new technique or strategy to make her able to defeat Kushinada is boring. Kushinada is light years ahead of both fighters, but her feelings are supposedly holding her back.

This arc as a whole is just dumb, it really is serving no purpose thus far. If you wanted to introduce the concept of releasing ki, or sensing ki then there are much better ways to do it than some battle royale bouncing from one fight to another between characters not many people really care about.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mr Untouchable's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So this chapter is proving that Kushinada is not of the killing fist which is why she can't kill Ukita.

Miu and Rimi (I hate her) needs to end effective immediately, its boring and taking to long to wrap up.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter wasn't bad even though it's mainly about Miu vs Rimi. Miu went crazy with her ki but Rimi is keeping up with superior control. Makes sense. No real use in dragging this any longer, just gonna irritate already pretty irritated readers further. Kushinada unable to kill Ukita (presumably Kisara as well) is an important development I'd say. It means that she can actually win, which everybody reasonably expects, and not kill anyone.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont care if rimi has control of her dou ki miu is stronger thus shr should win over rimi

Kushinada should win - doesn't bother me if she is not a killing fist supposedly this may lead her sensei to turn her back on the yoma organization.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, while the miu bit is somewhat tiresome there is the plus side that we are getting a decent bit of insight as to why exactly dou ki is so dangerous to the user and to enemies. As far as this particular type of ki goes I doubt we will ever see explanations like the ones we are seeing. Miu is one of the more talented disciples out there, she is ideal for us to get a clear picture of the true nature of dou ki.

Right now we are something pretty interesting. Overall we know for a fact that miu is the superior martial artist in this match so rimi being able to continually stand up to her is a pretty big deal. The fact that just activating dou ki gave rimi that much of an advantage is an indication of just how much power it can give someone. Rimi went from being on an actual disadvantage to actually easily overpowering miu. Now, things got somewhat strange when miu activated her dou ki. Isn't miu's ki supposed to be so powerful that her body was hurt simply because it couldn't keep up with it? So, if miu is overall stronger than rimi them why exactly did activating her dou ki not give her an overwhelming advantage over rimi? We also know that right now rimi has an advantage over miu because rimi can control her ki while miu is in a berserk state where she can't actually control herself. The implication would be that being in a berserk state actually significantly hampers her overall release of ki. In spite of dou ki actually being released by unleashing emotions and anger in the form of a explosion of sorts it seems like the ki to actually using the full potential of dou ki is being in control. Its possible that the very release of ki is being limited by the fact that miu is not in control.

I still want to know what the downsides of sei ki are. Evidently not loosing control however perhaps in terms of behavior in battle we will see some interesting developments. If sei ki makes fighters more analytical and introvert then perhaps kenichi will be in a pinch in the future. He is a slow starter as it is, if activating sei ki has side effects in line with the characteristics of sei ki then perhaps there will be a point where he simply will be unable to initiate an attack at all. Takeda should not have this much trouble since to begin with he has greater tenacity towards martial arts and is more willing to fight just for the fun of it.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

I really had it with Miu, the last few hundred chapters have been too much about her (Sho Kanou, Kidnapping, her past, and now ki). It's nice to see her kicking butt, but she's really turning into a "perfect" character with too much spotlight. It's affecting the other character's development.

Luckily, the art has been getting better, though backgrounds tend to be non-exsiting in some places.

Can't say much for this chapter except "yay for Kushinada!"

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is Miu wearing shoes in some pages and barefoot in others? Guess she can slide her shoes on and off faster than the eye can see.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to update and yes! Her sneakers come on and off!

http://mangastream.com/read/hsdk/18046442/4

http://mangastream.com/read/hsdk/18046442/5
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; February 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mr Untouchable's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nitebreaker View Post
    Why is Miu wearing shoes in some pages and barefoot in others? Guess she can slide her shoes on and off faster than the eye can see.
    lol thought I was the only one that noticed

New Reply