Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Reasons to hate Naruto

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Top 5 Reasons to hate Naruto

(Just pretending to Rant. I still love Naruto lol...oops top 5 reasons I mean)

1. Its too overrated just like bleach and Death note.

2. Naruto is plainly annoying and a Dumb ass one of those types of anime characters that are the most hated.

3. They try to make it sappy and connect people with Naruto. so what if u are alone and u want to prove your make something of himself but its never going to happen in the real world because he is a dumb ass who probably can't even pass elementary school.

4. It makes Ninjas look bad no way in hell a dumb ass can become a great ninja. a ninja has all skills not just particularly just one and a ninja must not let his emotions get to him.

- But look at the Uchiha...they let EVERYTHING get to them.

5. Makes Shonen jump look bad if u compare it the other shonen jump series its in bottom place look at Dragon-ball and DBZ it was freaking awesome, Bleach is overrated but better than Naruto, and Rurouni Kenshin one of the best series of all time, Prince of tennis is OK, Yu-gi-oh was OK, Shaman King was pretty good, and One Piece is great entertaining but too many episodes.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top 10 Reasons to hate Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post

1. 1. Its too overrated just like bleach and Death note.

2. Naruto is plainly annoying and a Dumb ass one of those types of anime characters that are the most hated.

3. They try to make it sappy and connect people with Naruto. so what if u are alone and u want to prove your make something of himself but its never going to happen in the real world because he is a dumb ass who probably can't even pass elementary school.

4. It makes Ninjas look bad no way in hell a dumb ass can become a great ninja. a ninja has all skills not just particularly just one and a ninja must not let his emotions get to him.

- But look at the Uchiha...they let EVERYTHING get to them.

5. Makes Shonen jump look bad if u compare it the other shonen jump series its in bottom place look at Dragon-ball and DBZ it was freaking awesome, Bleach is overrated but better than Naruto, and Rurouni Kenshin one of the best series of all time, Prince of tennis is OK, Yu-gi-oh was OK, Shaman King was pretty good, and One Piece is great entertaining but too many episodes.
    Don't hate on deathnote, it was pure Genius before L died....after that it was still good.

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 14 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

there r some people who did bad in school but did good in real world (after school/college etc)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would anyone hate either of the mangas brought up? Bleach is up and down, even the most hardcore fans admit this, when it is up it is very good, when it's down it's still decent. Death Note was a great series, it was a fresh take on how to deliver a story and characters and both Kira and L are character of epic proportions.
    Naruto has some parts that are really good, the first arc is wonderful, the begining of Shippuuden is great, the Chuunin exams and the aftermath of those are great and the lore of the Naruto universe has been really good. At one time it even had some of the best character rosters out there too with a relateable character for each and every reader.
    To hate something takes a lot from me, hating this series, there is just no chance.
    Meh

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    Why would anyone hate either of the mangas brought up? Bleach is up and down, even the most hardcore fans admit this, when it is up it is very good, when it's down it's still decent. Death Note was a great series, it was a fresh take on how to deliver a story and characters and both Kira and L are character of epic proportions.
    Naruto has some parts that are really good, the first arc is wonderful, the begining of Shippuuden is great, the Chuunin exams and the aftermath of those are great and the lore of the Naruto universe has been really good. At one time it even had some of the best character rosters out there too with a relateable character for each and every reader.
    To hate something takes a lot from me, hating this series, there is just no chance.
    Just add my own thoughts to what you say (agree with the rosters by the way - good point!)
    Bleach - when it is up it is awesome, when down terrible
    Deathnote was also awesome before L died - should have ended with Light winning (the 2nd half did not sit well with me).

Naruto however has flopped for me, I can not agree with the 2nd half at all
    shame, as I really love the characters and the original concept..;.
    Infinite RAGE!

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top 5 Reasons to hate Naruto

For me it flopped when madara showed up. Until then I was ok with the Edo tensei, the fan service and the war having a probable outcome with madara being sealed. What flopped it for me was madara breaking the Edo tensei, tobis ludicrous back story that could have been good had more work gone into it,, the odd killing of neji, Naruto ability to charge people up, the uzimaki shrine, seriously, a shrine in the village with masks that breaches death has been there all along and only when sasuke needed it was it mentioned? And the uchiha neurological disorder grinds my gears. With all of this I still am far from hating Naruto.
    Meh

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As someone said already, it take a lot of efforts and skills to hate something. This kind of thread have been brought a lot in forums, and I think the posters need to consider many factors when posting.

1. First how do you rate something such as a series? My answer will include many factors and you can add yours.

- Originality
    - Relevance of the story to real world situation
    - Relevance of the story to the readers' culture, knowledge

For example, if someone create a story that showcase a great Japanese legend, all the Japanese will take a look at it just for the legend.

In the case of Naruto, the conflict of two brothers over an inheritance is relevant to many culture in the world, and I can go even farther to say that it has been a story in almost every traditional family. This is evidenced by the harsh antagonism between Senju and Naruto's fandom and the Uchiha fandom, and it makes Naruto specifically tours above all the other series you cited.

For example, i will give you a couple of example.

---> Arab vs Jews is an example where the father gave his inheritance to the younger son
    ---> Latter, Jacob the younger son of Isaac was chosen over is elder son Esau, giving another conflict.

I also heard that something similar exist in Japanese story. This baseline in Naruto, and the way Kishi depicts it is the reason why the series is followed and discussed a lot. People are complaining because they all love it, and they would like it to be more interesting. In fact, you can create another story if you want.

2. How do you judge the content of a story? The flow?

Without trying to offend anyone, I think many intrinsic factors come to play at this level:

---> Your own abilities and capabilities to understand something
    ---> Your own worth, I mean your knowledge base and the diversity of your own culture. For example, what is a joke to an american might be a stupidity to someone else. Justice in Christianity is way different from justice in our systems. The meaning of pardon in religious community is different from the meaning of the same to a non-religious person.

---> Your belief and level of religiosity. As you have seen, people dislike Naruto a lot, because of fact such as faith, prophecy, fate, mutual understanding. I particularly love Naruto because of these. Without these, I believe it is impossible to explain humanity, and obviously, everyone end up someday saying, "help me God", though each person might refer to a different god.

I could go on and cite many factor that makes Naruto an almost universal series, far better than all the cliches series without any historical/cultural/religious backgrounds, but I am pretty sure I can stop here. My opinion is that Kishi created a very nice story, but was forced by money maker and fanboys into watering it a bit. In his series, you will see all the lesson you saw in the other series you cited. Moreover, you will see a lot of thing that do not exist in the other series.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps you've lost your mind on this last one.

http://populationgo.com/post/3417343...e-volume-sales
    I'll tell you the order in popularity of the Top 10 in the whole of Shonen Jump according to sales of all-time as of Oct 2012:
    1.One Piece
    2.Dragon Ball
    3.Kochikame
    4.Naruto
    5.Slam Dunk
    6.Bleach
    7.Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
    8.HUNTERXHUNTER
    9.Rurouni Kenshin
    10.Yu Yu Hakusho

This is according to actual sales.
    You have confused the DBZ manga with the DBZ anime.
    The DBZ manga was insanely popular, but by volume sales it isn't top 10, but the anime iirc is Top5.

Naruto most certainly doesn't make JUMP look bad. Prior to World War fully kicking off, this manga was simply amazing.
    Almost flawless. Notice I say almost if people want to attack my opinon.
    Sure it has the dumb shonen main character, and the Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura relationship is based straight off of Slam Dunk but it an extremely original concept.
    Its about Ninjas dammit. The author has managed to make ninjas mainstream.

I don't necessarily agree with your points although I do agree with the thread in that there are minor aspects of Naruto that I hate passionately.
    Overall Naruto is still amazing. I'm not gonna write it down because of some failed plot twists.

But to say makes JUMP look bad? Naruto itself has dragged in millions of fans from France, India, Brazil, UK and USA of the younger generation (kids born from 1998 and after) into becoming fans of other JUMP Manga.
    You're crazy if you think it makes JUMP look bad. You really have to look past the absolutely dreadful plot points we've had in the World War.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

The things I hate are not in the manga but in it's author.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; February 16, 2013 at 01:08 PM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

1. It's turned into a DBZ-esque manga, with power levels increasing and being off teh charts. Kyuubi Naruto is far too overpowered, and Sasuke shouldn't have had Susano'o.

2. Naruto as a character changed far too much from Part I. If Kishi wanted to go with the peace theme, he should have kept Part I Naruto, as that Naruto had the ability to change people for the better. Look at what he did with Neji, INari, and Gaara. Naruto also believed in working so hard that he'd have to faint from exhaustion just to stop, although he does work hard, I guess.

3. Kishi keeps being inconsistent with Naruto. I don't mind seeing Naruto be an idiot socially like usual, but at the least keep him serious and epic in fights like he was against Pain and Kumo. Humor or whatever reason he had, it didn't justify making him stupid against Nagato, that was out of character. Hell, Kishi went from making Naruto look like an idiot to making him look smart or clever when he guessed how the Third Raikage hurt himself. Kishi shouldn't be keeping Naruto as a generic shounen hero, he needs to let Naruto evolve as he has been doing.

4. Kishi's too scared to make the manga and its characters more complex. At least, too scared to make Naruto more complex. Kishi could easily make Naruto one of the most complex shounen heroes, given his past. He added to the complexity when he showed us that Naruto still distrusted and resented the villagers even after finally being accepted by them.

5. A lot of Naruto the manga fans are idiots or far too close minded.

18. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Things I hate about Naruto:

1. Naruto

In the beginning Naruto was a dumb but humorous child, likeable for his naive pluck and moral integrity. Now he's an insufferable, overpowered peacemongering moron who has the plot equivalent Itachi's Susanoo's Yata Mirror. Yeah it's a shonen manga, but it used to be believable. Someone else posted a thread about why they hate Naruto and it covered most of the points I'm going to make here.

Naruto's conquest for peace isn't the product of a moral philosophy grounded in reality and the harsh lessons it imparts, it's the upscaled, mindless bull-charging of a cockblocked zealot. Jiraiya accepted that he could not save his friend Orochimaru, that he had walked down a path that placed him beyond redemption; in other words, he accepted his pain and loss, grew up and got over it. Does this sound familiar? That might as well have been Pain talking, which is why he made such a sympathetic villain and one who I endorsed completely up until the terrible, plot-destroying regression of Nagato's character through the ultimate genjutsu of Naruto's preachings.

Naruto is so bent over failing to save Sasuke that he has turned his unsatiated sphincter outwards into a towering phallus of sanctimony that he proceeds to scream and wave about at every opportunity. Despite Obito's shitty motivations for becoming evil, i.e. wah wah my 10 year old boyfriend killed my 10 year old girlfriend, he at least presents a compelling case for why he's doing what he's doing in the present. It's basically much the same as Pain's philosophy but we have to remember there's only so many prior causes for being evil, either you're just being evil because you ARE a dick, or something bad happened to you and you became a dick. So shouldn't I forgive Naruto for being a dick because other people are dicking him? No, because I don't LIKE his dickishness. He's continually depicted as vastly intellectually inferior to his opponents yet somehow manages to win battles and convince people he's right. I prefer to root for people who are in the wrong for the right reasons than people who are in the right for the wrong reasons.

Speaking of which, let's talk about his fighting style, or as it's otherwise known: kage bunshin and rasengan bait and switch. You can argue that in a real life situation doing something that has worked successfully before means you should do it again, but in this particular manga where fighting styles are heavily analysed in order to give the tactical edge, it's impossible to believe that so little is known about the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki by his enemies that even the LEADER of Akatsuki couldn't have predicted the ways in which he'd fight (and regrettably beat) them. It also makes for a boring, unevolved manga. What will Naruto do in this fight, children? Is it a) Kage Bunshin and Rasengan... b) Rely on someone else to help him, c) Plot no jutsu including one or all of the above. Yes, Naruto has jumped the shark (long before Kisame's death) and now consists of an increasingly watered down rehashed set of jutsu while Kishimoto desperately tries not to think about writing baseball-themed skits. It's so painfully obvious that all of the enemies are basically forced to lose in contrived ways.

2. Hashirama Cells/Mangekyo Sharingan/Rinnegan

If all of the above had been used just once, they'd have been believable. Instead, the list of Mokuton users includes:

Yamato (a thoroughly redundant character)
    Obito
    Madara
    Danzo
    and probably now Orochimaru

Rinnegan users:

Madara
    Obito
    Nagato
    Sage of the Six Paths (yet to appear but I'm calling that he will, everyone else in the entire history of Naruto has been Edo Tensei'd. I'm betting he's hiding inside the Juubi like Minato was with Naruto)

MS users:

Sasuke
    Obito
    Madara
    Itachi
    Izuna
    Shisui
    Kakashi

What was once purported as unique and rare are now the only real currency being exchanged in ninja battles.

3. Too few good-guy casualties

The 3rd Hokage's death was impactive. Asuma's death was impactive. 40000 faceless fodder nin? Who gives a shit? The manga castrated itself in the same stroke as it went balls-out with Pain's Chou Shinra Tensei wiping out Konoha by Nagato Rinne Tensei'ing everyone back to life. "Finally" I thought, "FINALLY there's some fucking consequences being exacted for Konoha's misdeeds in the past. But no, it was just a dream all along! Dogshit tensei and poof! Everyone is magically alive, making their deaths completely pointless, inconsequential and may as well not have happened. The same goes with all the Edo Tensei summons, oh and that shitty tensei Chiyo used to bring back Gaara.

Basically anything that includes the word "tensei" is a warning that a giant extinction-level plot meteor of faggoty bullshit is about to hit the ninja world.

4. Naruto's stupid grin that makes me want to punch him in the face

5. Sasuke because he's completely redundant at this point
    Last edited by Ermac; February 21, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

1- Naruto
    2- some crap about child of destiny , saviour , and philsophy thing while these stuff don't make any sense
    3- making villain dumb against so called good guys ...
    4- TNJ , LNJ , FNJ and etc ...
    5- Naruto ( again )
    6- few bad guys ...
    7- Naruto ...
    8- and Naruto ...
    خداحافظ

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't personally understand fully why the hate, which requires so much effort.
    Are they just disappointed things didn't turn out the way they would have liked?
    Because if someone simply didn't enjoy a series I presume they would just drop it without making a fuss.
    But then if they used reasons such as the ones listed (and I think the ones attacking the characters and turn of events are quite common excuses, but often invalid due to subjectivity) then why are they even reading shounen manga lol?
    Naruto is exactly what I would expect and want to see in JUMP. Feel free to grow up from it, or downgrade to CoroCoro or the likes if they like making such a non-appreciative fuss lol.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it has become a convoluted peace of shit like Death Note with hollow unimpressive characters and their strikingly interesting personalities that are as deep as a half-filled glass of tang.

1: Will of Fire. 600 chapters later, I still can't seem to sympathize with this concept. If Obito - if it turns out - has Uzumaki blood (in theory), then he will be another one to slip down this toilet. Not that he needs any help anyway, the way he is handling things now that is. One push, and splash.

2: Ever continuing this beyond Pein arc. This was horrible idea. It just proves that whenever things are stretched beyond said limits they become desperately mundane.

3: Turning this manga from Ninjas to impossibly godly characters from DBZ. They share more than just a passing resemblance now.

4: Skewed forms of gross Jingoism with following justifications for potentially criminal acts. This Kishimoto guy is either penning this patriotic tripe on-purpose, or he is just criminally retarded at this point.

5: Most Konoha ninjas, mainly Naruto himself. Possibly one of the most unrealistically optimistic buffoons I have ever seen in fiction. This guy holds no verisimilitude of realism.

There are more, but I limited them to these.

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 AM ----------

I feel compelled to add more:

6: Legendary ass-pull Techniques: No one was bothered when Itachi pulled Yata Mirror and Izanami straight out of the deepest reaches of his ass to completely turn the tables. A blatantly obvious bad writing that feels like Chimpanzee on acid. Nagato's foot-ball word cup of cuntry by reviving everyone in Konoha. It was about time they felt the brunt of their own atrocities. But everyone came back, as happy as a Unicorn farting rainbows out of his ass. I won't be surprised if Obito snorts the same shit up his ass as well, starts seeing long hope towers that touch the smiling sun and shit, and revives everyone. Really.

7: Senju Dna plot faggotry has been taken to unflattering proportions that every character needs a shot or a snort up his orifices to 'Feel' Hashirama power coursing through him. It just feels tasteless and smells like one pound dead fish. This author needs to stop treating it like some revelation vision for the Veritable St Martin Luther. This masturbatory effect is becoming really gross now.

8: Kishimoto: At this point, I am inclined to believe that this guy has fallen off his rocker, HARD. There is just no recovering from there.
    Last edited by shahdan; February 17, 2013 at 06:40 PM.

25. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

1 .Rasengan - S class jutsu - everybody has it
    2. Sharingan - Every single uchiha has it
    3. Rinnengan - Legendary eyes ? Everybody has it
    4. Sakura - shes a bitch with no boobs but somehow everybody loves her
    5. Mascot - Every manga has a cute mascot but naruto
    Last edited by R3D; February 17, 2013 at 09:53 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast