Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Reasons to hate Naruto

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top 5 Reasons to hate Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Why would you follow a manga that you hate? I don't get it... I can see a lot of people posting here reasons why they hate a manga they keep reading... Seriously makes NO sense to me...
    Cuz they wanna see if it'll get better lol

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Athrin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Way too many one-dimensional characters. How is Tenten surviving as long as she is but Neji, the one with a fleshed out back story gets "killed?" Hell I would say I dislike the sheer amount of characters in general. I can probably count on one hands how many good guys have actually died in Naruto. I understand its a shounen and not many people die, but Mangakas have been proving that no character is safe. Naruto doesn't even give me that feeling--I know everyone survives.

2. The abandonment of all the concepts that was created. Naruto has basically become a series revolving around Sharingan, Harshima cells, and the Rinnegan. What was the point of even teaching Naruto (and us) about chakra natures and such if we no longer get nothing out of it? All that training Naruto did and all he basically can do is Kage Bunshin and variations of Rasengan.

3. Naruto's Kyuubi mode. There's really nothing that will get me to like that look at all. There really wasn't anything wrong with leaving the kyuubi chakra shroud around him. And summoning a huge ass chakra kyuubi instead of becoming the kyuubi itself like the rest of the tailed beast? C'mon brah we can do better than that.

4. Edo Tensei. I understand the enemy needed an army, but what the is this grand summoning yo? The jutsu is overpowered and weren't there limits like you needed the DNA of the person? Some of these people been dead longer than Naruto been born. DNA isn't infinite.

5. This entire war. Even the cliche ass I want to rule the world idea is better than the reasoning we seen to have this war. Putting the world in an infinite genjutsu? Obito sees the love of his life dies and he wants to put the world in an infinite genjutsu? He should've took a page out of Sephiroth's book and drop the entire MOON on those muhfuckas. Now that's a reason to go to war.

It blows me seeing what Naruto turned into what it has because at one point, I was fiending for a new chapter every week. When Naurto first used his summon (Which he doesn't even use now)? How about Kakashi giving Zabuza that work? Shit the Sound Five? Naruto had everything going for it, and since I wasn't into One Piece then, it basically won me over every week. What Im reading now ain't the same manga all because the core foundations have been rocked to the point where it makes you wanna stop reading, but you can't because you invested a lot of time to getting your questions answered. Naruto turned into someone who won't shut up about his beliefs instead of proving it. Sasuke's STILL brooding around and is as indecisive as ever. He never had the galls to go the extra mile and the fact that he needs to hear a story to help decide if he's gonna do something he was apparently dead set on doing earlier is just one of the many examples of the series falling short. I can't say I hate Naruto, but I sure as hell don't like the direction it took.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BlkPeregrine's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The biggest reason for me is that this manga has fallen big time from where Kishi had it before the timeskip. It is sooo inconsistent with what was set up from the beginning that it is painfully annoying. Also, there is no skill in the fights shown anymore, it is basically just overpower with chakra. All the fundamentals that were taught about to Naruto and others are canceled and no taijutsu is used anymore. Its all doujutsu and forbidden techniques. The major match-ups that were to look forward to are completely done off screen and poorly followed up. And last but not least, naruto in all the time he has spent with all these big time ninjas, and he doesn't learn any real new jutsu to become more skilled. he still needs clones to make the rasengan, and he uses the same tactic every time to beat someone: diversion with a clone and attack from a different angle. He still have poor skills and hasn't shown himself to be better than the genin skill level that he had pre timeskip.
    When you cross paths with a beast, are there any guarantees... that you won't be mauled by it

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

1 Inconsistency

2 Immature Characters

3 Not So Good Plot Twists

4 Too Much Attention to Naruto, Sasuke and Tobi

5 Supporting Characters are not well treated

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nawulf's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

1. None.
    2. Nothing.
    3. Still nothing.
    4. I tried, but still nothing.
    5. I can't hate it.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member arnold ronald's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

1.I can't hate it.
    2.I can't hate it.
    3.I can't hate it.
    4.I can't hate it.
    5.I can't hate it.

I'm Not Kidding

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member flow like's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by X3D2YFaust View Post
    1 Inconsistency

2 Immature Characters

3 Not So Good Plot Twists

4 Too Much Attention to Naruto, Sasuke and Tobi

5 Supporting Characters are not well treated
    1.your expectations from manga? 2. naruto very mature for his ages. 3.you just do not understand the totality of the plot . 4. because they two main hero and villian. 5.more development supporting characters=bitching about artificial lengthening of the manga
    Last edited by flow like; March 07, 2013 at 05:11 PM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

2. no he is not. Laughing at Tobi and being all "haha I know the names of the bijuu and you don't!" is not mature. He hasn't acted mature ever since the Pain arc. At least, not consistently mature.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    2. no he is not. Laughing at Tobi and being all "haha I know the names of the bijuu and you don't!" is not mature. He hasn't acted mature ever since the Pain arc. At least, not consistently mature.
    this made only for plot

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Kishi abandoned Naruto's story and focused purely on Sasuke/Uchiha for about 4 years. For about 200 chapters Naruto does nothing but run around while Sasuke fights powerful opponents. We could have seen Naruto go on epic missions/adventures and meet and fight people that would leave us with good memories. Instead we have this for Sasuke, who has the best fights in the series. Just go to youtube and look up "Naruto vs," then "Sasuke vs." The difference is tremendous. All the action Naruto is getting is rushed and at the end of the manga. Just look at KCM. Naruto only uses KCM now and can only stand a chance against powerful opponents because he has it. If his regular form is obsolete then that tells me he has been wasting his time since shippuden started. What Naruto could have been and what he is is just horrible.

2. Power scaling. Naruto didn't have any real one on one battles involving actual ninja tactics or skills since shippuden started and you can see it in modern chapters. Naruto, who knows only two jutsu can rape ninjas who have mastered thousands. Naruto basically meditates for a while and gains enormous powers that put him far above everyone else. I would like Naruto if he became stronger on his own over time through training and battles. I would have loved to see Naruto master wind style jutsu, summonings, Kagebushin and Hirashin to defeat opponents with tactics and when an opponent had superhuman strength or jutsu, he would rely on the Kyuubi's power. Like Athrin said, what was the point of teaching Naruto about chakra and it's limits?

3. There is no reason to be a ninja if you aren't related to Hashirama or Madara.

4. Eye techniques

5. The Women
    Last edited by GomuGomu_Getsuga; March 08, 2013 at 12:45 AM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flow like View Post
    this made only for plot
    Bad excuse as he constantly showed immaturity.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomu_Getsuga View Post
    1. Kishi abandoned Naruto's story and focused purely on Sasuke/Uchiha for about 4 years. For about 200 chapters Naruto does nothing but run around while Sasuke fights powerful opponents. We could have seen Naruto go on epic missions/adventures and meet and fight people that would leave us with good memories. Instead we have this for Sasuke, who has the best fights in the series. Just go to youtube and look up "Naruto vs," then "Sasuke vs." The difference is tremendous. All the action Naruto is getting is rushed and at the end of the manga. Just look at KCM. Naruto only uses KCM now and can only stand a chance against powerful opponents because he has it. If his regular form is obsolete then that tells me he has been wasting his time since shippuden started. What Naruto could have been and what he is is just horrible.

2. Power scaling. Naruto didn't have any real one on one battles involving actual ninja tactics or skills since shippuden started and you can see it in modern chapters. Naruto, who knows only two jutsu can rape ninjas who have mastered thousands. Naruto basically meditates for a while and gains enormous powers that put him far above everyone else. I would like Naruto if he became stronger on his own over time through training and battles. I would have loved to see Naruto master wind style jutsu, summonings, Kagebushin and Hirashin to defeat opponents with tactics and when an opponent had superhuman strength or jutsu, he would rely on the Kyuubi's power. Like Athrin said, what was the point of teaching Naruto about chakra and it's limits?
    ]1. naruto know only two jitsu? really? 2. 1 vs 1 stupid justify... main plot of this manga in teamwork 3. i think,naruto learn new jitsu equals bitching about his owerpower 4. this manga not about real ninja 5. i think,naruto need victory any price 5. you really want to see new jitsu from naruto ? 6. gaara in battle used only sand,hashi woods and oonoki jinton... and none bitching about this 7. naruto does not like to fight 8, naruto learn new jitsu in yhis war
    ---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Bad excuse as he constantly showed immaturity.
    show me his immature
    Last edited by flow like; March 08, 2013 at 01:00 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flow like View Post
    1.your expectations from manga? 2. naruto very mature for his ages. 3.you just do not understand the totality of the plot . 4. because they two main hero and villian. 5.more development supporting characters=bitching about artificial lengthening of the manga
    1- It's called decent writing, not expectations. 2 - Lol what? I curse the day Minato left his retard seed to grow in Kushina's belly. It should have been kicked out of the place unceremoniously. 3 - Tell us what you understood then. 4 - I agree with this . 5 - This is also partially correct.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    1- It's called decent writing, not expectations. 2 - Lol what? I curse the day Minato left his retard seed to grow in Kushina's belly. It should have been kicked out of the place unceremoniously. 3 - Tell us what you understood then. 4 - I agree with this . 5 - This is also partially correct.
    1. why decent? only because manga calling naruto not sasuke? 2. wow. this sound like pure butthurt from saucefan. 3. grou up of characters+love vs hatred+bromance between sasunaru= main plot of this manga.imo

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Just my 2 cents:
    1 - Some characters really should be better developed or at least get more attention.
    Tenten is regarded as support character yet we can almost label her as near non-existant as well as having pretty much no value at all for the story.
    Whatever happened to Anko?
    Or Yamato?

2 - Yeah, IMO Edo Tensei is crapping all over Character and their deaths.
    And even if you revive characters Kishi is using them little to none?
    EG. What's the point of Chuukichi if he does pretty much nothing?
    At least Shin had an emotional value for Sai.
    Fans waited years for the Mist Swordsmen only to off-panel them?

3 - Sharingan
    What I liked in part 1 was that Sharingan can copy.Where has that skill gone to?
    It's just an overpowered plot device now and a pokeball carrying Shinto Gods and a Flamethrower and if needed turns into a Kyuubi (The absolute monster) masterball.

4 - The Scientific Approach.
    Remember the days when Naruto was about Ninjas?
    Nowadays:
    Eye Transplants.
    DNA Surgeries.
    Cloning.
    Messing with the dead.
    I don't mind science in fiction but IMO it's a tad too much.
    Also, if you wanna make a Ninja Manga, keep more to Ninja Styles.
    Ninjas were majorly clever, not that I say they aren't in the Manga but it all seems to be just Power now than using Brains.

Can't think of a 5th one.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast