Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Reasons to hate Naruto

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top 5 Reasons to hate Naruto

1. Book no Jutsu
    2. Hug no Jutsu
    3. Izanami
    4. Edo Tensei
    5. Tobi was Madara then he wasn't, then Madara was revived anyway. This only took an ungodly number of years to resolve.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member flow like's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

peoples just understand this manga and characters personality... this manga about emotions, growing up and senses ...some people who do not understand this dumber more than naruto....justifiy this only with stupid pnj

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zancrow View Post
    1 .Rasengan - S class jutsu - everybody has it
    what?
    Last edited by flow like; February 18, 2013 at 04:37 AM.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would you follow a manga that you hate? I don't get it... I can see a lot of people posting here reasons why they hate a manga they keep reading... Seriously makes NO sense to me...

If you hate it why not stop reading it and posting in the Naruto section? All this topics where people whant to change the name of the manga, hate the manga, having problem with how it is made (Keke and stuff) on the front page and all in a short time interval are getting a little iritating...

I don't remember the last time i noticed a topic with "top 5 reasons why i love this manga" or similar in nature... Of course i gues its an area to discuss the manga and i hope i don't insult people with this but how about we try focusing on the good sides of things... I for one have been enjoying this manga for a long time now and i do belive i am going to keep enjoying it for as long as Kishi keeps writing it.

5. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Then make "Top5 Reasons Why I Love Naruto," then. Nothing is stopping you from doing it. We're allowed to share what we think about Naruto, and us "hating" it doesn't mean we'll stop reading. I still read it out of loyalty and because I don't like dropping manga. If Naruto gets better, I'll love it again. Hating Naruto now doesn't mean hating it, it means hating the direction it's going in.

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

This post is so funny, good comedy

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

My top 2 reasons why I hate naruto.

1. This manga should be at least twice a week. Because one chapter a week isn't enough dosage for my addiction to naruto.

2. This manga should be at least 40 to 50 pages per chapter.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    My top 2 reasons why I hate naruto.

1. This manga should be at least twice a week. Because one chapter a week isn't enough dosage for my addiction to naruto.

2. This manga should be at least 40 to 50 pages per chapter.

Ha, finaly some reasons to "hate" the manga i can agree with

@M3J

I think you lost the meaning in what i said. I don't need a "why we love the manga" topic or i would have made one. I was poiting to the fact that people are focusing to much on the negative side of the manga.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't lose the meaning. While people are focusing too much on the negative side, you can't blame them for thinking so when they think the manga's basically bad or going in a bad direction. At least it's in a thread that you can avoid reading if you choose to rather than in Chapter Discussion.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think think I'm just starting to come to terms with the fact that I hate Naruto. It's a hard thing. I've loved Naruto for years. Defended it from people I thought were "haters". Now I find myself on the other side of that fence, the irony of that is not lost on me. Lord knows, I never wanted to hate what was once my favorite series. Hating what I read doesn't make me happy. It makes me sad. But I read on for the same reason I sit through the last 20 mins of a bad movie. The story and I have come this far together, I'll see it through to the end if I don't like where it's going. Maybe I shouldn't, but I'm set in my ways.

Anyway, the 5 main reasons I feel like this would be....

#1 Naruto

Naruto's Dattebayo catchphrase was translated in English as "Believe it". For me there is profound irony in that because what's happened in the last 2.5 arcs makes it increasingly hard for me to believe in him. His potential, his hopes, his dreams. Every chapter I read makes me believe in them a little less. Part of this is how stupid he's been acting. Part of this how he relies more on strength given to him, than strength he's earned. Part of this is utter failure to show any kind of leadership potential. But the largest part of this are his ideals which "conveniently" always seem to avoid a true trial of fire; leaving me with the impression that even Kishimoto himself really doesn't believe in him.

#2 Lack of Combat Balancing

When every Jutsu had a price and required an amount of chakra of which each ninja had a limited amount. It kept a kind of balance to the combat that made me enjoy it. Lately chakra limitations are all but forgotten and with introduction of the Rikudou Sennin, Kyuubi-mode, Edo Tensei, and the ever increasing powers of the Sharingan that balance has been discarded. Lost with it, has been my interest in combat.

#3 Lousy Storytelling

Storytelling is an art not a science. People make up countless rules for it most of which really amount to bull@#$%. At the end of the day, if it works it works. Naruto has featured prominently many storytelling mechanisms that simply have not worked for me...at all.
    • Obnoxious overuse of flashbacks
      How many Edo Tensei's got flashbacks, I lost count. Half of them were unnecessary and the other half took place when the battle was over with, preventing it from really adding anything to the scene.
    • Soap opera levels of melodrama some places and none in places where it's actually needed.
      Chouji your fat..get over it already you massive(and yes that's fat dig) pansey. Then when somebody actually dies it just rolls off everyones' backs. (Did Tenten know that Neji guy? She didn't seem like she did.)
    • Emotionally flat dead loved ones
      Brought back from the grave to kill their comrades/loved ones, and yet not once did I feel a sense of tragedy from any of them. They were always a plot device and never part of the plot. What a waste.
    • Character motivations that lost my empathy and understanding
      Why did Kabuto put 100% of his resources to helping Tobi again? Why is Orochimaru so obediently helping Sasuke, like his little puppy dog? Then there was the Kyuubi's drastic paradigm shift, turns out all he wanted was hug...yeah right.

#4 Face-palm Inducing Plotting

"Oh, Looky here! A scroll I found by punching a random wall which will allow Sasuke to find out the truth, which we don't even know he wants to learn. So we'll just wander around, with no tracking nin, until we find Kabuto's well hidden underground cave hideout hundreds of miles away, which they had no way of finding( much less knowing that's where Sasuke would be headed to), just when he needs it. See any logical problems with any of that? Nope. No siree. Downright ironclad plotting is what that is.

#5 How Naruto's World Has Gotten Smaller

Here's the thing about making the Senju, Uchiha, and Rikoudou so much more important than everybody. As a side effect, everybody else(all the other clans and villages) are "less important". The result of this is that the number of really important people in the Narutoverse shrunk to 2 family trees. Everybody else is on a lower tier.
    Last edited by Jammin; February 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

15. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention, Kishi made Naruto as a character worse in his attempt for peace. I still believe that Part I Naruto would have been able to establish peace or had the best chance of establishing peace. He could relate to more people with bad childhood, he was more straightforward and smart (his reaction to Inari being all "you don't know my life!" was one of the best of the series in my opinion), and he was just Naruto, the same Naruto that managed to change Sasuke for the better, changed Neji, changed Gaara, and taught Gaara that there was hope, Neji that destiny could be changed. That's the Naruto I want to see, someone who fought tooth and nails for what he believed in, and wasn't afraid to say it like it is. That's the same Naruto that made Zabuza finally admit he cared about Haku, who in Part II gave Chiyo hope for the future.

The current Naruto is just horrible and devolved, in my opinion. Kishi changed him too much to be a generic peace-lover who depends on Kyuubi's power. That's not what made Naruto epic. That's not what made him change people or make them admit their true feelings. Naruto could have been similar to what he was in part I but with the maturity that he showed when he fought Pain.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    The current Naruto is just horrible and devolved, in my opinion. Kishi changed him too much to be a generic peace-lover who depends on Kyuubi's power. That's not what made Naruto epic. That's not what made him change people or make them admit their true feelings. Naruto could have been similar to what he was in part I but with the maturity that he showed when he fought Pain.
    The first part i completely agree with, you said it perfectly.

Im conflicted with the second bit, i have a hard time believing Part I Naruto would have been able to change someone so far gone like Obito or Madara. I wish the same as you, Part I Naruto (the character etc) but the way the Manga is currently going, Naruto will just become worse and worse, characters now, like Jammin perfectly noted, have less depth and most of them are off character.

I guess we will have to see how the story plays out.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he could have changed both, maybe Kakashi would have played a part in changing Tobi back. But from what we saw, Madara became evil because he was betrayed by his own clan and suffered the death/sacrifice of his brother. Naruto can just use family or bonds - Izuna died to protect the Uchiha, and Madara was spitting on his memory. Though, I'm not sure if he could change Tobi or Madara either, but I guess they're more like the enemies he have to beat to overcome, not necessarily change.

I dunno, but I can see them being changed to good again.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Not to mention, Kishi made Naruto as a character worse in his attempt for peace. I still believe that Part I Naruto would have been able to establish peace or had the best chance of establishing peace. He could relate to more people with bad childhood, he was more straightforward and smart (his reaction to Inari being all "you don't know my life!" was one of the best of the series in my opinion), and he was just Naruto, the same Naruto that managed to change Sasuke for the better, changed Neji, changed Gaara, and taught Gaara that there was hope, Neji that destiny could be changed. That's the Naruto I want to see, someone who fought tooth and nails for what he believed in, and wasn't afraid to say it like it is. That's the same Naruto that made Zabuza finally admit he cared about Haku, who in Part II gave Chiyo hope for the future.

I agree. As Naruto was, I always felt he was learning about others and through that understanding was able to befriend, help, or change them. It was personal.

Now he just preaches them into submission. He doesn't really learn or understand anything. He just stand up declares he's right, spews miscellaneous dialogue, and then declares he'll never give up; without even really understanding whats going on. It works out for Naruto, I think, because Kishimoto is afraid to tackle what happens when it doesn't and that's where the real meat of his character development could have been.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Gelcertified's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really not a fan of Naruto and I don't get why people can be so psyched about it, but I don't hate it.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto Re: Top 5 Reasons to hate Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Chouji your fat..get over it already you massive(and yes that's fat dig) pansey. Then when somebody actually dies it just rolls off everyones' backs. (Did Tenten know that Neji guy? She didn't seem like she did.)[*]Emotionally flat dead loved ones
    GOT F***ING DAMN.
    I MENTIONED THIS ONCE IT HAPPENED IN ANOTHER THREAD AND PEOPLE WERE GIVING ME ALL KIND OF CRAP OF HOW LEGIT IT WAS WHEN NEJI DIED.
    THERE WAS NO EMOTION IN HIS DEATH.
    Gai and Tenten gave close to zero f*cks.
    He gave Neji a dog's death. A neighbour from way down and across the street's dog's death at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelcertified View Post
    I'm really not a fan of Naruto and I don't get why people can be so psyched about it, but I don't hate it.
    You may not have been around during the 2006-2009 era where Naruto was getting #1 in the Weekly rankings almost week in week out more consistently than any other manga.
    Its not just people on MH, but more or less Japan itself was fully psyched about it.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; February 21, 2013 at 02:12 PM.

24. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast