Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 133 Discussion/134 Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 133 Discussion/134 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    You mean the plot armor
    If you want to call it that. It's not like he pulled it out of nowhere. He did mention he stole his dad's armor inventory a few chapters earlier, when that snake guy tried to kill him.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    The more wrongs they do him the bigger the grudge he's going to have at the end of the road. And how many is too many before he snaps? I can't answer that question for Baam, only SIU can. But sooner or later it will be too many for him to take. If he should decide that his loved ones will be in danger from FUG no matter what he does, there is no benefit to dancing to their tune anymore; and FUG's control of him evaporates.

Do you seriously think they can just keep on hurting and killing Baam's friends one at a time and he'll just keep playing along?
    As you said, the breaking limit is for SIU to decide, but Yu Han Sung did say that the only way he'd know how many of his friends died would be to make it to the top and see. Yes, FUG's control would evaporate if they killed haphazardly, but they specifically said they'd kill if he failed a test or if he disobeyed. By tying the deaths to his specific actions, it would feel as if ultimately the responsibility lied on him. That plus him not even knowing if someone has died make it very difficult to know when enough is enough. I don't know how they'll handle any sort of death during the Factory Round, but I do know that Baam will have to continue playing along unless he's willing to allow every single last one of his friends to die.

You are incorrect. Xia's stated plan is to, and I quote,..

That's everybody Baam knows, except for Rachel. Who knows what she'll be doing. It true that them all dying isn't necessarily part of the plan. But it's putting the FUG team in a position where killing them is very much a possibility, whether it's part of the plan or not.
    Defeat all of the E-rank regulars in order to win the tournament. In chapter 50 her stated orders are "He wants to kill those that stood above the rest from the same rank as him, the E-rank." As I said, killing Team Tangsooyook is not part of her stated plan, whether it ends up happening or not. It does in fact make more sense to leave them alive as future hostages, which I'm sure isn't something she'll be forgetting.

Your talking as if FUG is one organization with everything being apart of one plan and that's just not the case. FUG is split into sub-factions regarding actions with Baam. I don't know how this Factory Stuff fits into what Karaka wants for Baam (as I've said I don't see an upside that comes near balancing out the downside), but I know that it doesn't fit into Ha Jinsung's plans because he pretty much told Karaka not to do it.

Xia Xia is disobeying Jinsung as much as she is obeying Karaka, or more likely Poken. They're running their own game here. Hwa Ryun clearly isn't inclined to play along, maybe because she disagrees or maybe because she's nutz, and I seriously doubt Ha Jinsung will be either.

-------------------------------------------

If things are as they seem to be it's pretty obvious how all this is going to go wrong.

Xia Xia's whole underlying rational is that they want Baam to climb the tower in "the strongest team". Meaning should Baam's friends prove to be stronger than the FUG team, suddenly they become the better choice, and the FUG hardliners gets mildly humiliated.
    Jinsung only told Karaka to not change Viole's teammates. Viole was under Jinsung's command when he announced to everyone that he was a Slayer candidate. Augusgus spread the rumor that he beat Love, then called up Yu Han Sung and told him that everything was going as FUG wanted. It's clear that FUG wants the power of the new Slayer candidate to be known. This latest action may not have been sanctioned by Jinsung, but Viole was going to turn up at the Factory Battle anyway and was certainly going to be recognized.

The exact reason for wanting his reputation to spread is unknown, but I don't think it's particularly surprising. FUG stands against Zahard and the 10 Families; by having someone openly recognized as a Slayer candidate of FUG climb the entire Tower is essentially a slap in the face of the power that supposedly rules the Tower. Love said that when Karaka climbed the Tower he received special assignments from FUG specifically to mock the rules of the test. Yes it increases the danger, but I suppose they feel that a Slayer should be able to handle it. Viole is technically a Slayer 'candidate,' and it appears that part of the test to become a true Slayer is to climb the Tower with a target on your back. If you end up succeeding, not only should it have made you stronger, but it makes everyone that much more afraid of you too.
    Last edited by Dacomp89; February 28, 2013 at 04:05 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    As you said, the breaking limit is for SIU to decide, but Yu Han Sung did say that the only way he'd know how many of his friends died would be to make it to the top and see. Yes, FUG's control would evaporate if they killed haphazardly, but they specifically said they'd kill if he failed a test or if he disobeyed. By tying the deaths to his specific actions, it would feel as if ultimately the responsibility lied on him. That plus him not even knowing if someone has died make it very difficult to know when enough is enough. I don't know how they'll handle any sort of death during the Factory Round, but I do know that Baam will have to continue playing along unless he's willing to allow every single last one of his friends to die.

Defeat all of the E-rank regulars in order to win the tournament. In chapter 50 her stated orders are "He wants to kill those that stood above the rest from the same rank as him, the R-rank." As I said, killing Team Tangsooyook is not part of her stated plan, whether it ends up happening or not. It does in fact make more sense to leave them alive as future hostages, which I'm sure isn't something she'll be forgetting.

Jinsung only told Karaka to not change Viole's teammates. Viole was under Jinsung's command when he announced to everyone that he was a Slayer candidate. Augusgus spread the rumor that he beat Love, then called up Yu Han Sung and told him that everything was going as FUG wanted. It's clear that FUG wants the power of the new Slayer candidate to be known. This latest action may not have been sanctioned by Jinsung, but Viole was going to turn up at the Factory Battle anyway and was certainly going to be recognized.

The exact reason for wanting his reputation to spread is unknown, but I don't think it's particularly surprising. FUG stands against Zahard and the 10 Families; by having someone openly recognized as a Slayer candidate of FUG climb the entire Tower is essentially a slap in the face of the power that supposedly rules the Tower. Love said that when Karaka climbed the Tower he received special assignments from FUG specifically to mock the rules of the test. Yes it increases the danger, but I suppose they feel that a Slayer should be able to handle it. Viole is technically a Slayer 'candidate,' and it appears that part of the test to become a true Slayer is to climb the Tower with a target on your back. If you end up succeeding, not only should it have made you stronger, but it makes everyone that much more afraid of you too.
    That was just silly of YHS to say. Baam's friends aren't just any old regulars, if Androssi, Anak, or Hatsu get killed then it'll be on the news and spoken about throughout the tower just like Koon's "death", and that's assuming that the rest of his team aren't as famous.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    That was just silly of YHS to say. Baam's friends aren't just any old regulars, if Androssi, Anak, or Hatsu get killed then it'll be on the news and spoken about throughout the tower just like Koon's "death", and that's assuming that the rest of his team aren't as famous.
    A good point. Perhaps that's part of why they intend to get rid of the strong and famous ones during the Factory Round. Baam does have a good amount of weaker and not famous friends though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    If you want to call it that. It's not like he pulled it out of nowhere. He did mention he stole his dad's armor inventory a few chapters earlier, when that snake guy tried to kill him.
    I don't mean it in a negative way. It's just that I like the pun

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

That is, if they get killed, which they won't. Baam won't let them die. It'd totally contradict the purpose of him becoming a Slayer cdt., which is to not let them die.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mean it in a negative way. It's just that I like the pun

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

That is, if they get killed, which they won't. Baam won't let them die. It'd totally contradict the purpose of him becoming a Slayer cdt., which is to not let them die.
    Unfortunately, aside from the regulars, Baam is the weakest person in FUG which has been shown to be an unstable organisation so they can quite easily get killed. TOG is also much darker than your typical shounen manga so I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the team gets killed, we got to see a hint of how Baam's character would be affected a couple of chapters ago so it would be interesting.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, aside from the regulars, Baam is the weakest person in FUG which has been shown to be an unstable organisation so they can quite easily get killed. TOG is also much darker than your typical shounen manga so I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the team gets killed, we got to see a hint of how Baam's character would be affected a couple of chapters ago so it would be interesting.
    I'm not talking about FUG rankers. I doubt they'd interfere in the Workshop battle, anyway. It'd undermine the point of showing the power of the new Slayer cdt. and his team.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not talking about FUG rankers. I doubt they'd interfere in the Workshop battle, anyway. It'd undermine the point of showing the power of the new Slayer cdt. and his team.
    Oh, you're talking about the workshop battle, I was talking about the entire story. But yeah, I doubt they'll be killed in the workshop battle

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think that was exactly a hint of how his character would be affected because im pretty sure at first everybody would react like that if somebody very important to them died. especially if you had a deal that nobody would try to hurt your friends.... You would be very confused and have mixed emotions.

What he does after will show his true character, im pretty sure he would go beserk and not give a shit about fug.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    I dont think that was exactly a hint of how his character would be affected because im pretty sure at first everybody would react like that if somebody very important to them died. especially if you had a deal that nobody would try to hurt your friends.... You would be very confused and have mixed emotions.

What he does after will show his true character, im pretty sure he would go beserk and not give a shit about fug.
    Not necessarily. He could have been speechless, shocked, or just purely sad. But we saw obvious anger which is unlike Baam, so I would say it is at least a hint of how he could become.

Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter

It appears Hwa Ryun is still connected to Yu Han Sung, but for the best is a stowaway into Fug. It's my favorite thought that fits to why she's telling Koon about Baam, or she detest other factions like Karaka's and is supporting the handsome Baam.

I would love to see Androssi & Anak Vs Baam. Rak coming back is something that i didn't expect to happen, let's see if Rak is another one to know the truth behind the new slayer candidate... and a good battle with Baam will be nice welcomed.

Didn't like to much Dan were alive, was a good point destroying on what he's proud and Rachel's trauma about legs, but still he won't be someone to arise into the Tower like Koon's idea to be indebt to. Kind of weird to think what ideas SIU has to him.
    Last edited by Mr. Arashi; March 01, 2013 at 10:06 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hands down best chapter of the season so far!!

Am I the only one who thinks that Dan dragged himself to Gyetang in order to die "together"? If it weren't for Aguero and Co. then he would've died from blood loss. So Rachel didn't only take his pride away (his legs) but she also let him suffer to this extent....

The return of the RAK!! I missed the gator he instantly saw through the news. I wonder where he is going most likely on 28F.

Credits:Shinsatsu

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post

The return of the RAK!! I missed the gator he instantly saw through the news. I wonder where he is going most likely on 28F.
    how powerful do you guys think he is now?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    how powerful do you guys think he is now?
    Since he wasn't shown with Leesoo's team it's likely that he is either climbing with the rest ( Sunwoo Nare, Hong Chunwa etc.) or he is actually climbing with Parakewl. Which would further indicate that Rak is strong enough to climb on his own - therefore strong as hell.

Credits:Shinsatsu

New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8