Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Naruto becoming too focused on bloodline abilities?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Naruto becoming too focused on bloodline abilities?

i have noticed, especially now that story does many flashbacks in senju and uchiha that manga is too much depended on bloodlines and not at the characters' individual effort

practically all uchiha clan are kids abusing their eye-powers, nagato is all about rinnegan and it keeps going

there are very few characters that are outstanding cause of their own effort combined with their prudence and skill regardless of natural gifts

examples
    itachi and kakashi, were brilliant with or without the sharingan, they were far better than that, mostly cause of their intelligence

rock lee- nothing to really say, his warrior spirit reflects on his energy, in my opinion he is the only guy that had no natural gift and just gains power through training and character
    i know it isnt rock lee the main but i would love to see him, someway open 4-5 gates without side effects

naruto, naruto if you forget the kyuubi, already has (according to kakashi) much chakra, and when he achieved something excellent for the character...(sage mode) booom, nine tails make it useless

sasuke nothing to say
    only cursed seal and sharingan

to sum up, i feel like 98% of the characters
    are overwhelming from abilities they got from birth
    and only the 2% have power reflecting from character and personal effort

opinions?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: its naruto becoming too focused on bloodline abilities?

Well on the one hand i want to agree, but on the other hand: Thats what makes people special: Their unique abilities and the strongest in the Narutoverse simply are The Uchiha and the Senju (and the Uzumaki). Those 2 families have the very strong powers and thus have a great impact on the ninja world.

However there are hard fighting people that get to the top. A has no bloodline limit, Onooki is awesome and Gaara is outstanding as well. You mentioned Lee but Kakashi already wouldn't be this strong without Sharingan (inspite of being a genius).

Generally i do not dislike the spam of Bloodline Limits, BUT I think a bit more versality wouldn't hurt.
    What makes it even worse is that Mokuton and Sharingan basically were wiped from the earth, yet every important character has access to this power! That doesn't make sense in so many ways and I'd just consider it somewhat poor writing and little imagination work.
    Why wipe out a cool clan like Kaguya with an awesome Bloodline limit why not use Hakus clan ability? Why not giving Naruto some versillaty and cool techniques despite his modes, rasengan and Kage Bunshin?
    It all goes in hand...

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's true. Just about all of the top tier shinobi has a special bloodline,but its been that way since the beginning. Mianto is an exception out of a small portion.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

jraiya was awesome alothough he is dead but oh well , orochimaru is still here , so i hope he somehow saves the manga

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a few individuals at the top without bloodline abilities. The current Kages have only one individual amongst their ranks with an inherited bloodline ability. Gai has been pretty impressive recently. Nagato, Tobi and Itachi are the only members of Akatsuki confirmed to be bloodline ability users. The others managed to excel without such abilities. The Hokages are pretty low on bloodline abilities, only Hashirama utilises an inherent ability. So some people worked with less. Of course, Hashirama's ability and the Sharingan are front and center at the moment, and their users are ridiculous. If the likes of Madara hadn't been revived, and there was less reason for Naruto to get such a ridiculous boost after controlling Kurama, fighters without bloodline abilities would be able to compete.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

now if u want to become more powerful u can use Hashirama's power. madara, obito, and orochimaru have using it just we have to wait to some others to use it . its is also easy power-up than as lots of guys say naruto get free power-up. for power-ups naruto train so its not free.

right now all big/top ninjas r with Uchiha , Senju and tail beast related

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    There are a few individuals at the top without bloodline abilities. The current Kages have only one individual amongst their ranks with an inherited bloodline ability. Gai has been pretty impressive recently. Nagato, Tobi and Itachi are the only members of Akatsuki confirmed to be bloodline ability users. The others managed to excel without such abilities. The Hokages are pretty low on bloodline abilities, only Hashirama utilises an inherent ability. So some people worked with less. Of course, Hashirama's ability and the Sharingan are front and center at the moment, and their users are ridiculous. If the likes of Madara hadn't been revived, and there was less reason for Naruto to get such a ridiculous boost after controlling Kurama, fighters without bloodline abilities would be able to compete.
    Just to make sure, if you counted Oonoki, you forgot Mei's Lava Release and Boil Release
    Ah, besides, Gaara's sand control, although not a bloodline limit, is a natural gift, as well. Hidan in Akatsuki also fits that term, I'd say.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

dont get me wrong, its not like i am no impressed by the natural abilities and i dont mind if all the "bad guys" got one

but from the "good side" i wanna see the soul of the individuals play more important role is the battle

as you guys mentioned many of the kages (especially the dead ones) were excellent shinobi, without practically any bloodline, like minato, sarutobi, third raikage , raikage of the present
    because with the bloodline festival it seems like a fatalist battle

ok, we already know that allied nations will win, but not make it so pro-determinated

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

First thing first, welcome!

Second, as many so well said before me, there are actualy exceptions that proved to be incredibly powerful without bloodline gifts:

-Orochimaru, 'nuff said.
    The fact that he has 3 Hokages under his thumb just puts him above almost everyone else
    -Jiraiya was incredibly strong, to the point a Rin'negan user believed he would lose if he had full knowledge of its abilities
    -Yondaime is another fine example, the guy combined talent with incredible skills, all without a bloodline
    -Kabuto was the main force of his war, and reached his height through research and incredible medical skills
    -Gai is a beast

Onorable mentions Gaara, Hidan, Kakuzu, Deidara ( all those are Hijutsus, secret techniques that anyone can learn ).

So while true that the majority of top tiers have Gekkei Kenkais, its also true that a fair number of powerful fellows managed to reach that height without them.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Just to make sure, if you counted Oonoki, you forgot Mei's Lava Release and Boil Release
    I counted Mei, but not Oonoki. Dust Release is classified as a Kekkei Tota, but Oonoki suggested that Mu passed on the secrets to him, and we've seen nothing of any blood relation between the two. I'm not sure what the deal is with this. Lava Release and Magnet Release are the same; individuals with seemingly zero blood relation utilising the same 'Kekkei Genkai', Roshi got his from Son, and the suggestion was that Sandaime Kazekage developed his iron technique from observing Shukaku. Recently the matter of Kekkei Genkais has been muddled somewhat for me.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps it is but i have to say i don't have a problem with it. As long as i like the story, caracters and what not... Well who cares?

@Uchiha_Blood

You know i always looked at that praise from Nagato as a ... Well PRAISE as he himself stated. That or he was refering to JMan going around Pein and going direcly to where Nagato is and ending him. JMan vs a guy in a wheelchair would not a be a real fight now would it :P I mean thing about it, JMan had big problems entering SM vs 1 single realm... Now imagine all the realms there.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    I counted Mei, but not Oonoki. Dust Release is classified as a Kekkei Tota, but Oonoki suggested that Mu passed on the secrets to him, and we've seen nothing of any blood relation between the two. I'm not sure what the deal is with this. Lava Release and Magnet Release are the same; individuals with seemingly zero blood relation utilising the same 'Kekkei Genkai', Roshi got his from Son, and the suggestion was that Sandaime Kazekage developed his iron technique from observing Shukaku. Recently the matter of Kekkei Genkais has been muddled somewhat for me.
    Since he also possessed the same Kekkei Tota, I believe the passed down secrets is actually related to the techniques. Hashirama's Mokuton is a Kekkei Genkai and before him, no one else had that technique, neither it was passed down to his family.
    The term bloodline is a bit confusing here, I believe.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Hakuteiken

Yeah not even sure if we should call Mokuton a Kekkei Genkai... Its more like an abnormality. The way i see it Kekkei Genkai applies to a clan and its passed down.
    Last edited by xXan; February 18, 2013 at 09:51 AM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

But Kekkei Genkai is basically the ability to combine two elements and make a new element. I suggest we should stop referring to it as bloodline limit, since it's not something that applies to a whole clan under all circumstances.
    Byakugan, Sharingan, Shikotsumyaku (Kaguya Clan and Kimimaro's Kekkei Genkai) and Haku's Hyoton aside (Yuki clan), I don't exactly remember the lineage thing playing a great deal of role.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @Uchiha_Blood

You know i always looked at that praise from Nagato as a ... Well PRAISE as he himself stated. That or he was refering to JMan going around Pein and going direcly to where Nagato is and ending him. JMan vs a guy in a wheelchair would not a be a real fight now would it :P I mean thing about it, JMan had big problems entering SM vs 1 single realm... Now imagine all the realms there.
    Its still the Akatsuki head, gifted with the strongest, legendary doujutsu ( on top of Uzumaki heritage ) giving praise to someone who doesn't have a thing, not even talent ( according to Oro ).
    Without talking about the fight, Jiraiya was a great shinobi that Nagato respected even if he hated him

New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast