Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 138

Thread: Is Naruto becoming too focused on bloodline abilities?

  1. #121
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Naruto becoming too focused on bloodline abilities?

    Quote Originally Posted by vasilis View Post
    kakashi vs kakuzu "what, how you knew i did toton seals, it only took only a second" "it doesnt matter, as long as you dont hide your hands, one second is enough with sharingan"
    And yet Kakashi couldn't read Itachi's handseals because they were too fast. There are different levels of speed my friend. Itachi is known for making clones so fast no one even has any clue he made one.

    ---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    The Sharingan's predictive ability continues to work, and it can compensate extensively for a difference in speed. Obviously, if someone has speed that vastly exceeds the speed of a Sharingan user, the Sharingan is going to be unable to handle it. But it isn't because the Sharingan can't keep up, it's because its user is unable to. Naruto v Sasuke VotE shows what a difference the Sharingan's predictive qualities can make. I'd say speed is obviously capable of handling two of the MS techs, Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi. And if you're one of those few people capable of such a thing, the Sharingan has one final trick, Susanoo.
    It can compensate for a small difference in speed, not a large one. Sasuke was able to match pace with Bee despite Bee being faster than him, but Sasuke had to resort to Sussano to defend himself from the Raikage who was faster than Bee. Same thing happened to him when he fought Lee.

    When he previously fought Haku where his Sharigan wasn't evolved enough to see everything, he was still getting his ass kicked despite activating it. Later while fighting Naruto, his Sharigan had to evolve when fighting him, but even still he couldn't predict everything once Naruto changed.

    A similar thing happened for the most part when Kakashi first fought Itachi as he couldn't read his handseals and didn't even realize he was behind him in once instance.

    The Sharigan has limits, even a Sharigan as strong as Sasuke's couldn't see the Raikage so he could strike him with Amaterasu, and also couldn't keep up with Naruto and Bee once they transformed because their tailed beast forms were too fast and unpredictable. This is also why Sasuke was getting his ass kicked by Bee's sword style, it was too unpredictable.

    So while extreme speed has as much to do with the body's ability to keep up as the Sharigan's, the unpredictability of movement at high speeds is also a weakness of the Sharigan.

    Now, Sussano in an of itself is an ultimate defense. And while speed can't defeat it, it does have many other weaknesses, such as vulnerability at it's base, the duration of the technique, and extreme forces can penetrate it depending on what level it's at.
    Last edited by Delbi; March 02, 2013 at 11:01 PM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  2. #122
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,530
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Naruto becoming too focused on bloodline abilities?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Your phrasing implied you believed physical attributes had nothing to do with it. If that was incorrect, then good.

    Even if it's not more powerful, it's far more useful.
    So we agree on the first. Not sure about the second, it seems a bit like a hedge. But, good enough to end the debate on that front for me, I think we've made our opinions clear.

    Quote Quote:
    And if you're claiming that Kakashi wasn't able to seriously complete, even though he had Kamui in those situations, does that not dismiss your whole point?
    Nope, my point was that he wasn't able to compete without Kamui. The only time Kakashi has been particularly useful against the top tier is when he utilises Kamui. But, this argument is whether Kakashi without Sharingan would be on the same level as Kakashi without. You say he would be, I say Kakashi without Sharingan wouldn't be close to Kakashi with Sharingan. So it seems as though on the third of the remaining discussions, we remain on different sides of the argument. And it seems unlikely that that is going to change, and if we continue we're only going to end up down the road of barely relevant discussions that move us farther away from each other. So, on that note.......I'm just going to agree to disagree.

  3. #123
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,791
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Naruto becoming too focused on bloodline abilities?

    Still failing to understand how saving Chouji correlates to a better showing then going toe to toe with two Paths. Or how Kakashi taking down several Swordsmen and going up against a Bijuu doesn't show otherwise. But fine, let's agree to disagree.

  4. #124
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Naruto becoming too focused on bloodline abilities?

    If you take the sharingan from Kakashi NOW he ends up losing a ton of his power base... Thing is if he did not had a sharingan in the first place he would have trained diferently and i belive he would have got somewhere similar in power as he is now.

  5. #125
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Naruto becoming too focused on bloodline abilities?

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    If you take the sharingan from Kakashi NOW he ends up losing a ton of his power base... Thing is if he did not had a sharingan in the first place he would have trained diferently and i belive he would have got somewhere similar in power as he is now.
    Doubtful. The Sharigan makes Kakashi better in all facets of fighting and gives him his trump card Kamui. Without the Sharigan he would have slightly more chakra and would have to resort to more ninjutsu or would of had to develop something to make him top tier.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  6. #126
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    968
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool Well...

    While Kishimoto started the series with an aesop of unspecial kids superating gifted ones with hard work, he ended up inverting that all in the second part when Uchiha and Senju/Uzumaki are basically demi-gods descended of a crystal dragon jesus.

    Honestly, the moment Madara started spamming meteors did anyone think training actually meant something in the face of the most broken bloodline fusion ever?

    The problem I see is that Naruto is still tied to the old japanese anecdote of special families arranging marriages to produce gifted children, either your ancestors were awesome or you will just be a peasant.

    It should be fighting against nobility of clansmanship and taking the sides of the average folk becoming a legend because of unbreakable beliefs but Kishimoto choose the path of Naruto being the messiah because he is a descendant of the original messiah.

    As far as I am concerned, Might Guy, Rock Lee and Orochimaru are the only people in the series who follow the original moral lesson Naruto introduced because everything got down to having an absurd blood limit to make your character relevant.

    Besides the aforementioned, all Charles Atlas badasses of the series are dead. We had Minato, Sarutobi and Konan all building their own legacies only to die fighting someone with a broken blood limit.

    Minato and Konan died because of Tobi who has MS and Mokuton.

    Sarutobi died because Orochimaru summoned a pair of freakin Senju kages one of who was the source of all Mokuton.

    Now we have Naruto being a monster because his Uzumaki blood allows him to be a perfect jinchuriki while on the other side we have Sasuke, Madara and Obito who are all freakin Uchihas and the two later being bloodline hybrids.

    Whats worse is that at some time in the future Sasuke is bound to gain a Rinnegan wheter we like it or not because he needs to match Naruto's grow.

    The moment Kishimoto mentioned Karin being an Uzumaki I just realized he was going to do something between her and Sasuke so that he awakes the Rinnegan without getting a Hashirama face somewhere on his body.

    I guess this is one of the reasons people liked more part one, the fight were still fair and determination really mattered.

    Today if you don't have a Senju/Uzumaki or an Uchiha hidden in your surname, you will just end up doomed to the sidelines.

  7. #127
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Well...

    Quote Originally Posted by 1337 haxor View Post
    Besides the aforementioned, all Charles Atlas badasses of the series are dead. We had Minato, Sarutobi and Konan all building their own legacies only to die fighting someone with a broken blood limit.
    I don't know if we read the same manga, but for Pete's sake, minato didn't died fighting obito or anyone who had a broken blood limit. He sacrificed his life for kushina, naruto and konoha. Even if obito is somehow the reason on why minato sacrificed his life, but still, it's nonsense/baseless to say that he died fighting obito. Because the manga already shown that minato kick obito's ass, hurt him, cut off his arm, hit by rasengan and stabbed him. And oh, obito run like a coward. Befitting a true uchiha.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1337 haxor View Post
    Minato and Konan died because of Tobi who has MS and Mokuton..
    Just like i said, obito is just the responsible for minato's death. But Not by fighting nor because of obito's MS and mokuton. Obito just killed kushina and minato sacrificed his life. There's no other story or reason, and That's that.

    Again, Minato's death is all because of kushina, konoha and naruto. Obito's MS and mokuton has nothing to do with that.

  8. #128
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Naruto becoming too focused on bloodline abilities?

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Doubtful. The Sharigan makes Kakashi better in all facets of fighting and gives him his trump card Kamui. Without the Sharigan he would have slightly more chakra and would have to resort to more ninjutsu or would of had to develop something to make him top tier.
    You need to consider:

    1-He is a very popular caracter.
    2-This is a manga.
    3-Kishi needs to make him relevant.

    That is all you need to take into account. Yes i do belive that if he did not had his sharingan he would end up with something ELSE to make him relevant. Look at Gai and his gates. I am damn sure Kishi would have gave him something else.

  9. #129
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Naruto becoming too focused on bloodline abilities?

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    You need to consider:

    1-He is a very popular caracter.
    2-This is a manga.
    3-Kishi needs to make him relevant.

    That is all you need to take into account. Yes i do belive that if he did not had his sharingan he would end up with something ELSE to make him relevant. Look at Gai and his gates. I am damn sure Kishi would have gave him something else.
    Ok, first off, we are talking about a hypothetical situation as if Kakashi were a real person. Kishi has nothing to do with this so don't be using that as an argument. Since Kakashi is a popular character and this is a manga and he needs to be relevant, Kishi did a number of things, such as give him good lineage and a great master, a kekkai genkai, and he made him the main characters sensei.

    Saying that, Kakashi is a genius no doubt, but genius alone rarely gives you the ability to become top tier. In fact, there is only one known genius who didn't have a Kekkai Genkai or who didn't resort to Forbidden jutsu as his mainstay who became legendary and very powerful. It was Minato. And even he cheated since he already had great genes that gave him unimaginable reflexes.

    Literally everyone else in the manga has some kind of power-up if they are top tier. The Raikage's may be an exception, but their massive physique and biju like chakra are essentially the same thing.

    Kakashi is extremely talented and smart. But he lacks an elite chakra pool, lacks a kekkai genkai, doesn't seem interested in body modification like Orochimaru or Kakazu, and doesn't use forbidden jutsu.

    IMO, without the Sharigan, the only way Kakashi would be able to reach a high level would be by learning Hirashin. Yet, if he was capable of doing so, I'd think he would have by now.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  10. #130
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Naruto becoming too focused on bloodline abilities?

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313
    And oh, obito run like a coward. Befitting a true uchiha.
    Excuse me, but Minato is praised throughout the world as the fastest runner-away ninja to ever live so... yeah. His entire fighting style boasts of "flight as opposed to fight". Which I guess is the best strategy for a character of his power level.

    Quite honestly, of the 3 fights we saw Minato in, he literally walked away from all but one. And even in the one he didn't run away from, he only continued the fight because he was fighting an opponent who could follow him no matter where he went. If Obito couldn't teleport Minato would've never dealt with him. He would've just grabbed Kushina and fled.

  11. #131
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Naruto becoming too focused on bloodline abilities?

    I am still flabbergasted that we will never see Kakashi's thousand copied Jutsus. There was no point in even using this as some kind of Prowess highlighter, when this man (Kishimoto) never intended to showcase them, given the impossibility.
    Last edited by shahdan; March 04, 2013 at 03:43 PM.

  12. #132
    Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member blackjack612's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Naruto becoming too focused on bloodline abilities?

    I don't think so at all. Bloodline abilities have been fairly prominent since they were introduced, but I don't think they take away from the individuals effort.

    As much as Sasuke or Madara could be accused of spamming EMS too often, they've both been shown to have trained rigorously and towards a single goal in order to attain those abilities. You don't just start with an awakened eye. You've got to wake it up. And as a tool itself, it's effectiveness depends on the wielder. Both have shown in their own right to be gifted at battle strategy (Sasuke vs Danzo/Kage/Itachi/etc., Madara vs Hashirama/Kage).

    Nagato had the Rinnegan which was an effective tool and a definite bonus over other ninja, but when it initially awoke, it allowed him to kill (presumably) two fodder Konoha nin. Aftwards he forged those eyes by surviving wars, training with Jiraiya, spending his adolescence with Yahiko's Akatsuki, and finally corralling the infamous shinobi elite into his new Akatsuki.

    Likewise, you could make a case for Naruto's growth being valid as his training has both most effectively utilized what natural gifts he may have had (and here bloodline would be an inappropriate classification) and put in the time and effort since being the lowest ranked student in class in order to become someone worthy of recognition. It just so happens that the route he took (through Shadow Clones) allows him to greatly expedite that process. Is this unfair? Your mileage may vary, but I'm okay with it since he's constantly pushing himself to his limits in order to find ways to exceed them.

    So when things are posted like:

    Quote Quote:
    to sum up, i feel like 98% of the characters
    are overwhelming from abilities they got from birth
    and only the 2% have power reflecting from character and personal effort
    It seems to me a bit of a mischaracterization. Bloodline limits aren't the sum total of these characters. The Byakugan users also demonstrate strong taijutsu. The sharingan users have also trained in regular jutsu, the only difference being chakra capacity/manipulation but that varies by individual.

    But above all, it'd be more accurate to state the majority of the main characters are have a unique edge with the qualification that the characters we've followed have grown into the elite among a massive army of soldiers who for the most part are only adequately skilled. Could a series be made that focuses on one of these average nin whose skilled in kunai and moderately skilled in taijutsu. Maybe, but it would be a much different (and in my opinion slightly less) interesting story, and one that would strain suspension of disbelief even more if we were expected to follow such a regular nin facing off against the collective likes of Akatsuki, Orochimaru, Gaara, Zabuza, Kabuto, and Obito through determination alone.

    Eventually, the regular nin would need to power up. Naruto went that route but I think a lot of times when I see these discussions (and they pop up often), it's more a case of legitimizing one's favorite characters over anothers.

    Which is not to say that there aren't valid points that could be made about the consistency with which Kishimoto scales progress and powerups. There definitely are. But bloodline limits don't necessarily make for superior ninja. They can be sharpened into superior weapons and they can also be strategically useful for there rareness and the lack of information an enemy may have on such an ability, but the story has been littered with faceless Uchiha and Hyuuga who died as easily as the rest. And there are plenty of side characters like Suigetsu, Juugo, and Yamato who utilize their abilities well but who are not in the top tier of shinobi simply for possessing them.

  13. #133
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Greece
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Naruto becoming too focused on bloodline abilities?

    on sasuke being genius and sharigan helping only on "small speed gap"
    1- the whole point of being intelligent, is thinking fast and sharigan slows everything for you. The whoke point of being insightfull is the speed. uchicha hit with accuracy and nice judgement and they are known for that. The reason they are thought to be intelligent is the thinking speed.
    Take it in real life, u go boxing, and you see things in the last second before hitting you (or maybe not even then)....so if the opponent, was going half speed, wouldnt you immediately block it wisely? same here

    2- its an eye after all, it supposed to see and it already calculates aura, virtually predicts few seconds, cast genjutsu, help with chakra control, cast forbidden abilities
    if it is was to selfrespond to taijutsu as well, the user would go afk mode and let his eye do everything

  14. #134
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Naruto becoming too focused on bloodline abilities?

    whatever anyone says about Sharingan, it does not change the fact that Sasuke, Itachi, Kakashi, and Madara are geniuses WITHOUT their Sharingan. the manga establishes that, we see it, and MANGA establishes the fact.

    It's not the thinking speed or whatever excuse that make people think the Uchiha are intelligent, the fact is that they're shown to be smart. Look at how Itachi was said to have the wisdom of a kage when he was like, 5. Look at how Sasuke got the top grades in his class almost every year. The Sharingan isn't the Kyuubi, it won't make anyone smarter or supply them easy info.


    how does Sharingan help with chakra control? If it did, then Sasuke would have been able to climb the tree without a hitch, although he wasn't aware he already unlocked his Sharingan. And anyone can cast forbidden jutsu or have forbidden abilities. Look at Naruto and kage bunshin.

    The user would get owned against a fast opponent like Sasuke did against Lee, or like how Sasuke had trouble against Bee and Raikage. unlike the Kyuubi, Hiraishin, or whatever else, it's not a get out of jail free card, it still relies on one's own abilities.

  15. #135
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Naruto becoming too focused on bloodline abilities?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Excuse me, but Minato is praised throughout the world as the fastest runner-away ninja to ever live so... yeah. His entire fighting style boasts of "flight as opposed to fight". Which I guess is the best strategy for a character of his power level.

    Quite honestly, of the 3 fights we saw Minato in, he literally walked away from all but one. And even in the one he didn't run away from, he only continued the fight because he was fighting an opponent who could follow him no matter where he went. If Obito couldn't teleport Minato would've never dealt with him. He would've just grabbed Kushina and fled.
    No. Minato teleported away from obito to save naruto from the exploding tag. He also teleported away from obito to escape from being sucked by obito's kamui.

    And one more thing, minato didn't run away from his opponent like obito did. He walked away from raikage and bee simply because he wasn't there to fight them. And the fact that he's just showing off his caliber as a ninja that he never fail at all.

    Of course, minato would just grabbed kushina and baby naruto to protect them from obito. But it doesn't mean minato wouldn't kikc obito's ass. Fighting someone while protecting your wife and new born son is a very disadvantage scenario to minato. In fact, that would be a logical choice.

    And no. Minato isn't a killer maniac. But if obito would attack the konoha, then he'll going to deal with obito as a hokage. Yepz. Minato isn't a coward. He fight to someone who's a threat to konoha and to his family and walk away to someone or to a useless fight. That's his character. A very powerful ninja and yet a humble one and the one who value the life of others.

New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts