Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hangout Thread

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kingdom Hangout Thread

Kingdom
    By: HARA Yasuhisa
    Genre: Action, Drama, Historical, Seinen
    Serialized In: Weekly Young Jump
    Publisher: Shueisha

Millions of years have passed since the times of legends, when the worlds of man and gods were still the same. In these times it was the desires of man that moved the world. It is the era of the 500 year war: The warring states peroid. Kingdom is the story of a young boy named Xin who grew into a great general and all the trials and bloodshed that lead him there.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Kingdom by HARA Yasuhisa

Oh I was asking myself if I started a thread immediately or if I waited to see if the releases were really regular as the new team wishes, so thanks Joseph K for doing it first.
    This was in my 'wait for scan' list for some time ago (I don't watch the anime) and I read the ~20 chapters in one go. Thanks to a fast pace, the reading is really smooth and I understand how it has become a hit of the Young Jump. I'm not really familiar with China history so I won't really mind the unhistorical facts and it does not seem to be the point of the serie.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, manga that scream EPIC and have some sort of historic background really do well in Japan. Nice taste I might add, they are the ones that always get the awards. The art style here reminded me of Historie. So I really had to check it out.

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, this is a Manga where I force myself to read in its actual language rather than translation due to the absence of regular translation. This manga is terrific, I was so happy that a group is willing to pick this up again.

This manga is an example of a good and balanced combination between actions and drama. Not to mention that this Manga has strong elements of political and historical themes as well, so yeah bottom line I'd recommend it for those who're into the action-historical stuff. The Anime adaptation is a little bit.. underwhelming I suppose, they cut so many things from the Manga, but still, I'd say that the Anime is a good place to start too.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it me or Shin gives a Luffy vibes ?
    The fact that the girl from the cover was the Mountain tribe leader was a nice surprise. I wonder what the elders are referring to when they say that someone suitable to lead them has finally come. Probably it is some kind of divination.
    Also it may be for later but I wonder why Karyo doesn't want to learn more about her origins.

---------- Post added March 15, 2013 at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was March 03, 2013 at 03:28 PM ----------

So am I alone to have not watched the anime ?
    Fast releases are really bad for addiction. I guess I will enjoy them why they last. I didn't think it was that easy to cut limbs or body with a sword :-)

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried the anime but couldn't get past the first episode because the 3D animation of the faces is just so terrible I can't bare it.

---------- Post added March 27, 2013 at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was March 15, 2013 at 06:22 PM ----------

Shout out to Turnip Farmers for all the amazing work they did with the scans and restarting online interest in finishing the series!! If anyone from the group sees this, you work was much appreciated here!!

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it seems that fortunately some sense has come out of this unnecessary issue.

I finish reading volume 5. It's strange because I think I always imagined Ten as a girl so I was surprised not because she is a boy but because people think she is one...

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kingdom by HARA Yasuhisa

Finished reading volume 7 and I must say this volume is by far my favorite. I love the confrontation of General Ouki and Shin, and the idea of the two very different and opposite type of generals the two kingdom has but still makes the outcome unpredictable. I'm loving General Ouki more and more, and his assistant, who looks like a foreigner, Tou which reminds me of Beelzebub's Alaindelon in some way (lol). Well, we can almost bet that if ever Shin gets to be general he'll most certainly be that of the like of Duke Hyou which acts on instinct and strength.

Overall this Wei War Arc was done well. Probably better than the first, personally. Now all I can do is pray that the scanlation continues in a decent phase get me my dose of Kingdom epicness.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member junjun2's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I didn't know there is a thread for KINGDOM. I recommended this manga two years ago at this forum, but unfortunately it's not much translated in English yet?
    I'm happy that KINGDOM was awarded "TEZUKA OSAMU cultural prize" in the manga category a few days ago.
    http://www.asahi.com/shimbun/award/tezuka/13a.html

I know the anime version is shit, but it's still worth watching. Tolerate some boring episodes, then you'll see it's enjoyable.
    The season 2 starts soon, from June.
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/4c46c2246231476
    Last edited by junjun2; May 03, 2013 at 02:03 AM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit behind with the release at the moment but given that the 2 scan teams have catched up with season one and are releasing regularly. I don't see the interest of watching the anime if everyone agree to say it is not that good.

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I'm a bit behind with the release at the moment but given that the 2 scan teams have catched up with season one and are releasing regularly. I don't see the interest of watching the anime if everyone agree to say it is not that good.
    I don't think everyone says it's not good. Read some reviews atthis site. Many people gives very high scores.
    If you think it's boring after watching several episodes from the beginning, just skip ahead to the episode in which the first war begins, the episode 16 or 17.
    Keep in mind that the names of characters in the anime are translated in the manner of Chinese pronunciation, for example, Karyo Ten(in Japanese pronunciation) -> He Liao Diao, Ohki -> Wang Qi.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I personally don't watch anime of manga I read so it won't be for me good or bad anyway.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus it's not that the anime is boring, it just looks terrible, no unbearable at times. There is no excuse for those creepy 3D faces

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Kingdom short story in Shonen JUMP No.24!!

raw
    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2319687316

The story: Hisui, a daughter of a castellan in the county of Xin, was forced to marry with Gagyu, a general of the country of Gi. It was supposed to make peace between the castle and the Gi's millitary after she was handed over to him. But he betrayed the promise. Right after he received her, he launched a sneak attack, and Shin intercepted the attack.
    Last edited by junjun2; May 13, 2013 at 02:29 AM.

18. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

This is really an interesting development. Ten wants to become a stragetist in order to keep up with everyone, especially Shin. I have no idea though how things will develop considering that the place, where she is supposed to study, belongs to the Ryo faction. On the other hand, i don´t get the feeling that Ryo will be a huge obstacle, unlike Sei´s half brother for example. I think Ryo will be the second Ouki, impressed and persuaded by Sei´s dream to unite the seven kingdoms or, maybe even a better comparison, similar to Thorkell in Vinland Saga.

New Reply
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast