Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: What is Kaido?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just a different kind of human like Moriah or Oars

24 32.43%
  • A regular animal like Bepo

4 5.41%
  • An animal who eat a new Hito Hito no Mi model

16 21.62%
  • A Kaiju (i.e. Godzilla)

14 18.92%
  • A Vampire, Mummy or other folkloric being

8 10.81%
  • A demon

12 16.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What "creature" is Kaido?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What "creature" is Kaido?

how about vampire or werewolf .

when i say vampire or werewolf i didnt mean its DF vampire or DF werewolf but original vampire or werewolf. we have see toys, mermaid and other creature so why not one of strong creature of night

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm betting that he's some sort of humanoid dragon.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He's a creature(probably a wolf) who ate the totem totem df. He is his crew's source of power-up. Kinda like grayback from battle realms,only that grayback is a human from the wolf clan. Or kinda like a serpent/dragon who ate a pheasant pheasant df(Kenji). Or a witch like Yvaine or Zymeth from the lotus clan. But judging from the island where we saw x drake and caribou, I think kaidou is a robot, or something created by technology. I think he is a robot with a human brain,a cyborg like franky or kuma. Or he could be a robot created by vegapunk who then had its own way of thinking but same knowledge as vegapunk.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's Typhon. That's a Titan, thus a god, and a whole new level of mythical Zoan. But my guess is close to Typhon, however. An offspring of his in Greek mythology.
    Mythical Zoan type: Chimera
    Chimera are mythical creatures that are a combination of a goat, serpent and lion. But nowadays the name is used for most amalgamations of animals. Kaido of the 100 beasts? His Chimera fruit allows him to morph parts of his body into whatever animal parts he likes. A worthy fruit of a Yonko, and probably the most powerful Zoan fruit.
    *Waiting for BB to come in when Kaido is defeated to steal his fruit.* :P

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

100 beasts = king of beasts = lion possible. Sign of the beast (serpent /dragon) maybe. I am gonna throw out a completely different idea and say that he is a giant centipede that at a human paramecia. Mainly because that would be awesome and the transformation forms with 100 legs would leave a lot of very dangerous configurations.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member David Rose's Avatar
    Too far from sea to swim. Still inconsistent weather
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaido | appearance, abilities, motivations and general concept

Hey,

before i start, there already is a similiar topic to the matter, what kind of creature Kaido is:
    You can find it here.

Since i want to go in a slightly different direction i will just qoute the conclusions that i found important:

Kaido's relation to a dragon zoan:
    Quote Originally Posted by junjun2 View Post
    Yamata no orochi or another multi-headed dragon like Hydra.
    Yamata no orochi is also the main villain in a town of Dragon Quest 3 called Zipangu which clearly imitates the ancient Japan. Dragon Quest is Oda's most favorite game series. There is a monster named King Hydra in the game too.
    Oda has shown some dragons in PH arc, which suggests Kaido is something related to dragon. The fact that Kin-e-mon hates dragon strongly supports this idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I find it particular that Kinemon talks about vengeance regarding dragons while also being scared of the name Kaidou
    Quote Originally Posted by stormking1 View Post
    Kinemon either hates dragons because Kaidou is a dragon or because Ryuma was well known for slaying a dragon. It would be natural for the people of Wano to hate dragons because Ryuma their greatest hero slayed one in the past so all dragons must be vile beasts to them.
    Allot of people think Dragon has dragon devil fruit so I am sure they would be against Kaidou having a dragon devil fruit, though I believe dragon is wind logia since it fits his whole winds of change persona so I guess Kaidou could be a dragon.
    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Definitely a dragon.

There's been talks about Dragons since the beginning of the arc, and Kinemon hates dragons, etc, etc.
    It's pretty clear that Kaido is a dragon.

Ceasar was creating artificial devil fruits that could mimick the Dragon fruit (Momo ate one of those artificial fruits).
    Opposed by:
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    Yamata no Orochi is actually an attack used by Sandersonia of the Kuja pirates (when she was fighting Luffy). I guess there's no reason why it wouldn't also be the model for a character though.
    Quote Originally Posted by junjun2 View Post
    Oh, I was forgetting about that. And Hydra is one of Magellan's attacks. hmm..
    Kaido having a lion zoan:
    Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    I'd be okay with him being a Giant who ate a Neko Neko no Mi: Model Lion... even though Typhon sounds cool...

I just want Kaidou to be prideful... and be worthy of Luffy's fist...
    Kaido beeing a Cyborg, or similiar to that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Roarchu View Post
    This is not my theory, but someone on the predictions thread suggested Kaidou might be a creature of Vegapunk
    Kaido having another ancient or mythical zoan:
    Quote Originally Posted by Smerten View Post
    Mythical Zoan type: Chimera
    Chimera are mythical creatures that are a combination of a goat, serpent and lion. But nowadays the name is used for most amalgamations of animals. Kaido of the 100 beasts? His Chimera fruit allows him to morph parts of his body into whatever animal parts he likes. A worthy fruit of a Yonko, and probably the most powerful Zoan fruit.
    *Waiting for BB to come in when Kaido is defeated to steal his fruit.* :P

In conclusion we have these possibilities from the discussion:

- dragon zoan (or him beeing a dragon in general)
    - ancient or mythical zoan
    - cyborg
    - lion zoan
    - other note before metioned (alien, greek titan ability, werewolf)

So we can assume two things: His title of beeing the strongest of all creatures (100 beasts) seems to be a big deal, or hint to his powers. Also he has an army of artificial Zoans, duh. I think it's a must for his set-up to be the strongest Zoan-user out there.
    The other thing is the hint to Wano and him beeing a dragon and the possible conflict with Monkey D. Dragon and his concept.

I wanna qoute myself on that topic and regarding dragon zoans in general:
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rose View Post
    Well, at least we do know that there is some sort of Zoan out there, that transforms you into a dragon. :P So there are two different ways:
    1. Vegapunk recreated the dragons and then made his own artificial Zoan with their "genes" or whatever
    2. there actually exists an ancient dragon Zoan which he tried to copy.

Also we have to think about Momo's appearance: all of Vegapunk's dragons were western dragons. Momo is eastern though. This could be because he belongs to the Samurais, but this far into the Mange we never had the animal-form of a Zoan be affected by the origin of it's user. Thus there could be the possibility for an ancient Zoan that can control weather and fits into the eastern dragon mythologie.
    In my opinion we're getting a bit too much dragon lately. Searching for mythical beasts and kings of animals brings up some similiar possibilities:
    - Manticore (mentioned in the thread, but not "king" of something)
    - Leviathan (could be anything since it's a wide spread name)
    - Basilisk (my current guess, also the king of serpents)

The problem with those mythical types is they all appeared somehow before. We had a Sphinx in Impel Down, which is equal to a Manticore in most ways. The concept of a Leviathan ist kinda wacky since simply beeing huge is kinda lame and also we already have someone lika that in BB's crew.
    My guess is Kaido having a Basilisk Zoan. This truly is a powerful ability that can even reach up to Marco's. Yet again, we already had a Basilisk before, guess where: Impel Down. Also i think such an ability would only be plausible without the kings disposition, since both do roughly the same.

I gotta finish due to lack of time. I don't see Kaido beeing a lion with the same reasons i don't see him as a dragon. We already had enough of those.

I know I'm missing the other half of the whole topic. But maybe we can start a new discussion anyway and I'll add to it later.

In my opinion there hasn't been as much speculation about Kaido as I'd wish, since he will become very important soon.

>>David rose to beat the Philistines, with five smooth stones and a sling.<<

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the strongest creature is generally used to refer human beings. But since Chopper already ate the fruit ,

I m inclined to say titan/leviathan/Virus . But i am also thinkingo n the lines of some pharamon type fruit as beasts tend to be more sensitive to smell .

Also , if it does turn out to be something stupid , itmight be a wife wife fruit [there is nothing scarier than a wife]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Mythical Zoan fruits are even scarcer than Logia, my guess is that he is the strongest Mythical Zoan.
    The three brothers

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    Well, the strongest creature is generally used to refer human beings. But since Chopper already ate the fruit ,

I m inclined to say titan/leviathan/Virus . But i am also thinkingo n the lines of some pharamon type fruit as beasts tend to be more sensitive to smell .

Also , if it does turn out to be something stupid , itmight be a wife wife fruit [there is nothing scarier than a wife]
    I think you meant pheromone... and I like this idea more than any other idea I've heard...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MOYcano 0.23's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Re: What "creature" is Kaido?

I hope he ends up being some sort of super-strong human who turns at will into a Kaiju. The battle against Luffy with his gear third would be awesome!
    Please excuse my Spanglish

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Griffin is the Greek mythology creature that give arise to Harry’s house called Gryffindor. The creature itself is an amalgamation of two creatures, the body of a lion, and the wings and head of an eagle. Given that both the lion and the eagle are kings of animals and birds respectively, it is said that the Griffin was the king of all creatures
    Maybe?

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

I was also thinking of Typhon.
    Quote Quote:
    Typhon is one of the most powerful Greek mythology creature. Together with Echidna, it gave birth to many of the monsters that were featured above including Chimera, Cerberus, Sphinx etc.

Typhon is said to be really huge. Its upper body is human like and is said to be taller than a mountain. His bottom half comprised of large vipers that can reach far out in any directions.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member David Rose's Avatar
    Too far from sea to swim. Still inconsistent weather
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so I'll now write some of my original ideas, that i wanted to include in the above post, before sending it:

We know nothing about Kaido's ability, but we do in fact know some things about his personalilty. Il just quote this directly from http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Kaido .
    Quote Quote:
    From what is shown, Kaido is a merciless and confident warrior who never lets an opportunity slip by, as evidenced by his plan to attack Whitebeard during the latter's attempt to save Portgas D. Ace from execution.[6]

He is also pitiless and not open to negotiations and excuses, which makes it seemingly unwise to provoke or underestimate him. This is enforced dramatically when Donquixote Doflamingo, a Shichibukai known for his fearless and confident attitude, is very afraid of Kaido when he may be unable to fulfill his end of their accord due to Trafalgar Law holding Caesar Clown as a hostage.[7]

It was also stated by Scotch that Kaido has a favorite island, a winter island that was guarded by a cyborg and visited by X Drake.[8] He has some care for his subordinates, or at least values Scotch, as Scotch confirmed that Kaido would be angry if Scotch were to be attacked.
    To me this seems like the perfectly fitted personality for the ultimate beast, as he is aggressive, confident, but with a certain amount of cunning and intelligence. He also seems to be very opportunistic, given his attack on WB, which obviously was more meant to delay and intercept him. It would be kinda dumb to confront the strongest man alive in an open battle, while he has his whole military force gathered.
    And, regarding the whole broker and Smile topic, he has some big plan. That does fit with his planned attack on WB in some way, since the execution of Ace would've been an added desaster for WB's crew. Also this was kind of an ulimate move from Kaido if he would've succeded, since he would've been the second target on WB's hitlist after. That could mean he already was ready for war in some way and is now pushing even more to increase his army for some territory gain in the New Wolrd.

>>David rose to beat the Philistines, with five smooth stones and a sling.<<

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member omegakai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think since he is call Kaido "the beast", he might be a chimera with abilities and powers of different powerful beast

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Vampy's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kaido | appearance, abilities, motivations and general concept

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose View Post
    Hey,

before i start, there already is a similiar topic to the matter, what kind of creature Kaido is:
    You can find it here.

Since i want to go in a slightly different direction i will just qoute the conclusions that i found important:

Kaido's relation to a dragon zoan:

Opposed by:

Kaido having a lion zoan:

Kaido beeing a Cyborg, or similiar to that:

Kaido having another ancient or mythical zoan:

In conclusion we have these possibilities from the discussion:

- dragon zoan (or him beeing a dragon in general)
    - ancient or mythical zoan
    - cyborg
    - lion zoan
    - other note before metioned (alien, greek titan ability, werewolf)

So we can assume two things: His title of beeing the strongest of all creatures (100 beasts) seems to be a big deal, or hint to his powers. Also he has an army of artificial Zoans, duh. I think it's a must for his set-up to be the strongest Zoan-user out there.
    The other thing is the hint to Wano and him beeing a dragon and the possible conflict with Monkey D. Dragon and his concept.

I wanna qoute myself on that topic and regarding dragon zoans in general:

In my opinion we're getting a bit too much dragon lately. Searching for mythical beasts and kings of animals brings up some similiar possibilities:
    - Manticore (mentioned in the thread, but not "king" of something)
    - Leviathan (could be anything since it's a wide spread name)
    - Basilisk (my current guess, also the king of serpents)

The problem with those mythical types is they all appeared somehow before. We had a Sphinx in Impel Down, which is equal to a Manticore in most ways. The concept of a Leviathan ist kinda wacky since simply beeing huge is kinda lame and also we already have someone lika that in BB's crew.
    My guess is Kaido having a Basilisk Zoan. This truly is a powerful ability that can even reach up to Marco's. Yet again, we already had a Basilisk before, guess where: Impel Down. Also i think such an ability would only be plausible without the kings disposition, since both do roughly the same.

I gotta finish due to lack of time. I don't see Kaido beeing a lion with the same reasons i don't see him as a dragon. We already had enough of those.

I know I'm missing the other half of the whole topic. But maybe we can start a new discussion anyway and I'll add to it later.

In my opinion there hasn't been as much speculation about Kaido as I'd wish, since he will become very important soon.
    What about that slave trading list? It had "Snakeheads" and "Minks". Those are pretty much beasts. The Dwarfs were on the slave trading list as well. I wonder what, "Minks" and "Snakekheads" look like. Maybe they're human shape beings like, Fish-men.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, there is also the alien possibility..... an alien and the ufo ship...
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast