Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: What is Kaido?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just a different kind of human like Moriah or Oars

24 32.43%
  • A regular animal like Bepo

4 5.41%
  • An animal who eat a new Hito Hito no Mi model

16 21.62%
  • A Kaiju (i.e. Godzilla)

14 18.92%
  • A Vampire, Mummy or other folkloric being

8 10.81%
  • A demon

12 16.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What "creature" is Kaido?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BlkPeregrine's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What "creature" is Kaido?

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    I'm betting that he's some sort of humanoid dragon.
    I'm going with Kaido having a dragon form. Only because Oda continuously foreshadows about the presence of a dragon. He has the country of Wano having a grudge against a dragon, the legendary samuari taking down a dragon, even Vegapunk made a few artificial dragons. So I'm going to go out there and say that this species is extinct in the OP world, but Kaido may have the df ability of a dragon.
    When you cross paths with a beast, are there any guarantees... that you won't be mauled by it

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner GumGumRep's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It'd be cool if he was always in his Zoan form and nobody even knows that he has a human form.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlkPeregrine View Post
    I'm going with Kaido having a dragon form. Only because Oda continuously foreshadows about the presence of a dragon. He has the country of Wano having a grudge against a dragon, the legendary samuari taking down a dragon, even Vegapunk made a few artificial dragons. So I'm going to go out there and say that this species is extinct in the OP world, but Kaido may have the df ability of a dragon.
    But Momonosuke already has that ability. There is nothing that says artificial DF abilities can replicate DF abilities.

The more interesting possibility is that he is a dragon that ate a human type of fruit, something like chopper. He probably ate a giant fruit giving him human abilities.

Moreover, the dragon has been overused in the story so far. I dont think it would bring an interesting twist.

The most important clue about kaidou is that Moria thought by getting Oars, he can defeat Kaidou. That means he is probably an animal which ate the giant giant fruit... that would porbably fit the dragon too.....
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Panda Bear! I called it!

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member David Rose's Avatar
    Too far from sea to swim. Still inconsistent weather
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    But Momonosuke already has that ability. There is nothing that says artificial DF abilities can replicate DF abilities.

The more interesting possibility is that he is a dragon that ate a human type of fruit, something like chopper. He probably ate a giant fruit giving him human abilities.

Moreover, the dragon has been overused in the story so far. I dont think it would bring an interesting twist.

The most important clue about kaidou is that Moria thought by getting Oars, he can defeat Kaidou. That means he is probably an animal which ate the giant giant fruit... that would porbably fit the dragon too.....
    I wanna quote myself again on that DF-topic. :P
    Quote Quote:
    Well, at least we do know that there is some sort of Zoan out there, that transforms you into a dragon. :P So there are two different ways:
    1. Vegapunk recreated the dragons and then made his own artificial Zoan with their "genes" or whatever
    2. there actually exists an ancient dragon Zoan which he tried to copy.

Also we have to think about Momo's appearance: all of Vegapunk's dragons were western dragons. Momo is eastern though. This could be because he belongs to the Samurais, but this far into the Mange we never had the animal-form of a Zoan be affected by the origin of it's user. Thus there could be the possibility for an ancient Zoan that can control weather and fits into the eastern dragon mythologie.
    To me the most appealing difference is that of western and eastern dragons. We never saw it before that the appearance of a Zoan-user changes regarding his origin.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by GumGumRep View Post
    It'd be cool if he was always in his Zoan form and nobody even knows that he has a human form.
    Well, we kinda got a glimpse on how he looks in his human form already, so i guess we will see it. Him using his ability most of the time because he feels more like a creature, as a human is another interesting assumption that would fit his title in some way. :P
    You can find it here.
    Last edited by David Rose; July 02, 2013 at 10:03 AM.

>>David rose to beat the Philistines, with five smooth stones and a sling.<<

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

There is also the misterious person in this cover:

Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    There is also the misterious person in this cover:

Spoiler show

I thought this is the order in the anticlockwise:

Jeant Bart
    hawkins
    killer
    shanks
    kid
    jimbei
    akainu
    doflamingo
    apoo
    hordy jones
    The center is
    i guess the jean bart part might be confusing... but i doubt that would be kaidou....
    this could be a hint / foreshadow that jean bart has a large bounty (over 100 million) and is not in Zo....

or is not a part of the heart pirates anymore.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    Panda Bear! I called it!
    panda man is the journalist Absa.... thats why you see panda man everywhere.
    Last edited by hokageji; July 02, 2013 at 01:41 PM.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

That color page is really not that hard to read. The overall theme is "New Era" with the key players gathered in one spread. In the middle, the SHs, Kinemon+Momo and representatives of Law´s crew are located because they just had formed an alliance and are thus the focus of the story. The outer characters are the other key players in this era: Kidd-Hawking-Apoo alliance, Jinbe as catalyst for the BM arc (and probably future SH member), Akainu as FA and probably the last antagonist, Aokiji as a wildcard, DD as catalyst for Kaidou arc and of course his own arc, Kaidou + Big Mum + Blackbeard as targets and Shanks as forth part of the Yonkou. The only one who is somewhat out of place is Killer but i guess Oda had to fill the 12th spot, so including the fourth Supernova in the KHA alliance makes sense.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaido is most likely human, since humans are the strongest beings...... But i guess he has a something in his body that make him look inhumane..... or like a monster. LIke the guy that was stucked in a chest for 20 years or like lion Shiki with a steering wheel on his head.. I guess...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cavendish's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    I thought this is the order in the anticlockwise:

Jeant Bart
    hawkins
    killer
    shanks
    kid
    jimbei
    akainu
    doflamingo
    apoo
    hordy jones
    The center is
    i guess the jean bart part might be confusing... but i doubt that would be kaidou....
    this could be a hint / foreshadow that jean bart has a large bounty (over 100 million) and is not in Zo....

or is not a part of the heart pirates anymore.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

panda man is the journalist Absa.... thats why you see panda man everywhere.
    I think the characters are pretty simple except in the top-left corner:

Kaidou or Jesus Burgess (the typical mouth but the hair aint correct and Oda wouldnt hide his face)
    Basil Hawkins
    Blackbeard
    Killer
    Shanks
    Kidd
    Jimbei
    Akainu
    DD
    Aokiji
    Schratchmen Apoo
    Big Mom (the eye feels familiar)

and btw Absa is actually the nickname for Absalom! :

Correct me if im wröng

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cavendish View Post
    I think the characters are pretty simple except in the top-left corner:

Kaidou or Jesus Burgess (the typical mouth but the hair aint correct and Oda wouldnt hide his face)
    Basil Hawkins
    Blackbeard
    Killer
    Shanks
    Kidd
    Jimbei
    Akainu
    DD
    Aokiji
    Schratchmen Apoo
    Big Mom (the eye feels familiar)

and btw Absa is actually the nickname for Absalom! :

Correct me if im wröng
    It cant be Jesus, the mask is missing. You are right about Big Mom, hordy;s eyelashes are prominent in his bottom eyelid. Also, hes grown old so the updated image would be shown.

I wasnt serious of Pandaman, it is obviously Absa

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who knows maybe kaido is special because he can turn into any zoan animal that he wants.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be surprised if Kaido was a Dragon type zoan, possibly awakened.
    My reasoning: Momo & Kinemon seem to have a history with Kaido, and it just so happens that when Kinemon slays the small dragon in Punk Hazard, he is hateful and tells Brook that his anger is "a parent's revenge". So I'm thinking there might be a tie with Kaido in that dragon business.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

IF kaido was large zoan creature wouldn't that make him a bigger target? like drake for example was a easy target for kizaru. I don't get how a guy with a bunch of zoans could be an emperor. Any smart guy would end the game by sinking his ship lol

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

"Just sink their ship and wave them goodbye"? The same can be said of almost every supernova or corsair captain that we've heard of so far; not to mention a large number of marine officers and the admirals. And Whitebeard, too, when he was still alive. And Blackbeard. And ...
    Yet, we don't see it happen very often. Maybe because those ladies and gentlemen do not act as the sitting ducks you assume them to be?

In other words, "a guy with a bunch oif zoans" gets to be emperor because he and his crew members are numerous and damn strong and will sink your ship first if you come asking for trouble, period.
    Last edited by Seafarer; July 12, 2013 at 09:19 AM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast