Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who dies first?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • The 5th Elder (Lady Werewolf)

1 10.00%
  • The 7th Elder (ex-Clan Leader Zarga Siraina)

2 20.00%
  • Yuri (Douchebag of Legend)

3 30.00%
  • They're all going to live.

4 40.00%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 272 Review

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 272 Review

The poll last week was on what action RK-4 would take to try and help the poisoned school students. The majority thought they would call Franky but in a surprising twist they did....pretty much nothing and kept fighting. So, uh...good luck Shin Woo.

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

You know...I bet they'd make a good couple; though their children would be absolutely terrifying.

This week picks up with M-21 fighting Yuri, Kelvin, and Mark (fake M-24) in the school. Yuri and Kelvin look down upon through a hole he just made in the roof but neither is injured and Yuri remarks with only mild interest that he's stronger than he was before. Just as they get ready to attack him together. Takeo appears and attacks Yuri at the same time Regis does the same to Kelvin.

As soon as M-21 sees them he yells a warning about the students having been poisoned. This comes as a nasty surprise to all of them since M-21's mic was broken at some point when he was fighting. Tao decides the the only course of action is to concentrate on beating Yuri and his gang and he focuses the RK-4 on doing that.

Regis goes after Kelvin, Takeo goes after Yuri, and Mark attacks M-21 down in the school room. The strength of Mark's attack takes M-21 off guard and sends him flying out onto the school yard.

Back at the scene of the battle with he Elders, Frankenstein feigns embarrassment at "accidentally" impaling the 8th Elder with his dark spear while he was fighting Rajak. As the spear tries to consume the 8th, he tries to pull it out which only seems to make the situation worse.

Seeing all this, the Lady Werewolf decides it's time to join the fun and attacks Frankenstein. He is quickly pushed back and forced to call the Dark Spear back to himself before it can consume the 8th. He comes at her again, this time with spear in hand, but she stops it with her bare hands. Then unleashes her Werewolf power and forces him back yet again, and things get...furry.

Chapter Review

I feel, after 271 chapters of shirtless bishi's fighting, I am entitled to a hot werewolf who battles topless.

Substance

Not a lot to talk about substance-wise this week. Since Tao and the others didn't know about the poison the school kids have been exposed to, any type of response to that has been delayed. So they mainly just fought Yuri's group. Nothing happened that was decisive or suited to drawning conclusions from either. It was just the opening rounds of what will probably be a heck of a fight

We got our first taste of the Lady Werewolf's power and, as expected, she's no joke. Pushing Frankenstein back twice while almost making it look easy, is not small feat. He seems to have finally found himself a worthy opponent. Next we'll have to see how she holds up when the spear fully manifests.

The 8th Elder miraculously, and unsurprisingly, survived his dark spear impalement. He's pretty beat down but still probably dangerous (a good opponent for Seira maybe?).

The 7th Elder has remained surprisingly quiet through all this. With Franky having his hands full with a "fiery woman" it would probably be a good time for him to take some shots at the still injured Seira and force Rajak to defend instead of just dodging. So in the coming chapters I expect he'll start moving as well.

Presentation

The was art really the weak point of this chapter. There were detail problems littering the chapter. Regis looking stone faced and completely non-expressive. Takeo's face just looked odd in some panels. Then there was the Lady Werewolf, who suffered from numerous detail problems. The most significant of which was her hair color. In every chapter before this one she had black hair...

Spoiler: Like this... show

This week her hair was a greyish brown color. I assume this was meant to show her hair color changing to match her "Werewolf body hair color". The problem was that the color change happened before the full transformation. The hair just started being a different color all of a sudden; which looked pretty bad.

In terms of pacing, the transition (if you can even call it that) between the school and the battle with the elders which was a bit sudden for my tastes. It was also fairly slow going, overall, due to how it focused a lot on things that happened last week. Franky's spear back stab and the poison thing. The dialogue tied to those events, while not out of place, slowed things down a little too much for my liking

Overall Rating

A below average combat chapter. I still enjoyed it but sadly the presentation issues and slow pacing hold down it's rating pretty significantly.

I, regretfully, give it a 2 out of 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction
    • The 7th Elder will go after Seira and/or Rajak while Franky is occupied.

Old Predictions: (22 Wins/ 27 Losses)

Nothing confirmed or disprove this week.

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Last edited by Jammin; February 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 272 Review

Mhm, presentation issues... while I wouldn't mind the 5th's hair color changing if it simply meant something like using her power / partial transformation, it just happened to have a different color when she was standing there talking.
    But what confuses me more is how the lipstick is popping up and vanishing again. Gotta give it to her, putting on lipstick in the middle of a fight
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it's now natural for Zarga to fight Rajak. The curious part, like you said, is how their fight would start.

I guess Franky is playing around like always. Well, 5th might be a strong opponent but Franky can't be underestimated nonethless. I am hoping that at least one of the elder manages to escape. Union can't be always in dark about good guys. It's time for the plot to move. So I am wondering who will escape out of those three? Personally, I am rooting for 5th.

I believe Yuri won't die. He would escape and give Crombell the fake data. I wonder why people hate him? Yuri is one of my favourite characters

Edit:
    On 5th Elder- Her hairs were both grey and black from last 2-3 chapters. She looked like sister of Na Yonsu in many panels.
    Last edited by strixflash; February 18, 2013 at 07:21 PM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that shes engaged in battle I doubt that the 5th elder would run away, the 8th is too dumb to think about retreat and probably thinks hes winning so that leaves Zarga and if Frankenstein defeats the elder or if Rai somehow shows up hes outta there.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Mhm, presentation issues... while I wouldn't mind the 5th's hair color changing if it simply meant something like using her power / partial transformation, it just happened to have a different color when she was standing there talking.
    But what confuses me more is how the lipstick is popping up and vanishing again. Gotta give it to her, putting on lipstick in the middle of a fight
    I noticed the lipstick but that seemed like less of a big deal to me; because, if you think about it, putting on lipstick during a fight would be difficult but feasible. Dyeing your hair a whole different color, that's straight up impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    I guess it's now natural for Zarga to fight Rajak. The curious part, like you said, is how their fight would start.

I guess Franky is playing around like always. Well, 5th might be a strong opponent but Franky can't be underestimated nonethless. I am hoping that at least one of the elder manages to escape. Union can't be always in dark about good guys. It's time for the plot to move. So I am wondering who will escape out of those three? Personally, I am rooting for 5th.

I believe Yuri won't die. He would escape and give Crombell the fake data. I wonder why people hate him? Yuri is one of my favourite characters

Edit:
    On 5th Elder- Her hairs were both grey and black from last 2-3 chapters. She looked like sister of Na Yonsu in many panels.
    I'm also rooting for the 5th to escape. She's the best villain so far IMO. It would be a shame to see her die so soon after appearing. I'm afraid the odds are against her longevity though.

As for why the Yuri hate, can't speak for others, but I hate him because he reminds me of Kabuto from Naruto. I find him more annoying than threatening. I also hate the way he always acts proud of himself for doing pathetic things. Like shooting Cerberus members in the back.

Her hair has faded in and out but it was black the vast majority of the time until this chapter. I went back and checked panel for panel. Even at the end of last week when she noticed the spear stab the 8th it was jet black.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I almost forgot the main reason Zarga must live. Gejutel must avenge not only his own son but also the Loyard clan leader who like the rest of the clan leaders were placed in his care. I think hes going to die against 1or 2 so he at least has to get that accomplished before he goes. If it happens its going to be a thorough stomping too.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jammin, perhaps this would somewhat change your mind about Yuri?
    And elders dying is somewhat similar to this

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, this chapter just didn't do it for me. Especially after last week's amazing final page!

I don't really care that much about seeing everyone fight. Someone's fight could be over in 2 panels, I don't care. What I do care about is the character development, which RK-4 are in need of. Siera got some already, but Rajak still needs some as he really only fought. Franky got a chance to be Franky, cheap-shotting the 8th Elder.

---

I also like Yuriy's character, he is the only villain who's stuck around and who isn't dumb (Even Crombell comes across as somewhat dense for not having at least a theory about who Franky is.) Yuriy's been the only threat, also. So hopefully he gets seriously dangerous, or we get some other compelling villains.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i think this time both elders have high chance to not die . unlike others(10,11,12) were human and less powerful. 5 is werewolf & 7 is noble. as we have see 7 is more powerful then rajak or seira who know how is 5.she can have same personality as frank also i think first werewolf we see after m21 to die this soon is bad and most impotently the werewolf we got is girl and in noblesse we have see very few females and specially in active (powerful) role and fight topless
    Last edited by suraj5898; February 19, 2013 at 08:34 AM.

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mister K's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Green Grin Re: Noblesse Chapter 272 Review

I feel Frankestein has finally found his better half. Such a scary woman is the one that fits him the best. A sadistic man loves having his flesh cut by her claws hehehehehe
    Last edited by Mister K; February 19, 2013 at 09:12 AM.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Jammin with the following you made my day:

Firstly:

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post

You know...I bet they'd make a good couple; though their children would be absolutely terrifying.
    "Franky x miss werewolf" is a pair beyond me, why their characters fit perfectly with one another, but as you said god help their childern...

Secodly:

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post

I feel, after 271 chapters of shirtless bishi's fighting, I am entitled to a hot werewolf who battles topless.
    Ehemm, ehemm me second, but I wonder how Franky is gona fight a woman that's incredibly strong, and comes after you directly !!!

To top it all her personality is "very agressive", what is scary combination together with her dvastating weapon(boobs --> "topless"), so if you ask me she's the worst kind of opponent for our Franky, that's why I wonder how he is going to handle her...

Haaa, Jammin with comments under pictures you choose, you know how to make an interesting chapter for me, even if it looks just ordinarly "plain" to me otherwise.

Thank you !!!

P.S. : Concerning the poll, I would vote for "Other" option, why I hope that 8th elder will die, but 5th and 7th will escape at the end !!!
    Last edited by Monsterguy; February 19, 2013 at 09:58 AM. Reason: spelling, adding PS,...
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

I also foud this chapter lacking in many areas.
    I'm starting to miss Rai and Franken and co. seem to miss him too.I don't know but I think when Rai was there, his underlings mind were all put at ease but this time it seems like all of our heroes are nervous and don't really know how to handle things.

If things continue like this then there will be no Seoul that Rai can stay at nor a school that Rai can visit.Franken will most likely go berserk too so who will be the one to stop him.

The biggest disappiontement for me is that Franken didn't go ape-shit on the 7th elder til now. I mean someone who tried to kill Rai is right infront of him but he either was talking about how great Rajak is or giving some side comments.This is not the Franken that we know and love. Where is the Franken who said he is going to murder Roctis?

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jammin, perhaps this would somewhat change your mind about Yuri?
    And elders dying is somewhat similar to this
    While it's a good attempt, it doesn't really change my mind on him.

I just don't like super-know-it-all villains. The villains that feel really dangerous to me are the ones who are smart and strong but don't go around advertising either, and he's had repeated monologues on the subject. That kind of character just isn't for everybody, I guess.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    I also foud this chapter lacking in many areas.
    I'm starting to miss Rai and Franken and co. seem to miss him too.I don't know but I think when Rai was there, his underlings mind were all put at ease but this time it seems like all of our heroes are nervous and don't really know how to handle things.

If things continue like this then there will be no Seoul that Rai can stay at nor a school that Rai can visit.Franken will most likely go berserk too so who will be the one to stop him.

The biggest disappiontement for me is that Franken didn't go ape-shit on the 7th elder til now. I mean someone who tried to kill Rai is right infront of him but he either was talking about how great Rajak is or giving some side comments.This is not the Franken that we know and love. Where is the Franken who said he is going to murder Roctis?
    Frankenstein is more controlled than I expected him to be too but I guess he is a pretty controlled person in his own way.

He didn't really have much choice here but to fight the Lady Werewolf, as she attacked him, and after that he is probably too busy for any vengeful thoughts. But they are probably still there and will no doubt surface sooner or later.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    Actually that is character development. If Franky charged recklessly at Zarga then Zarga would wonder how Franky knew that they tried to kill Rai. No one knew about the incident 820 years ago except Rai and traitors. Ultimately Zarga would realize that Rai is indeed alive.

While during the confrontation with 12th, Franky was sure he can easily kill him. But this time it's different...... He can't take any chances as the opponents are ultra strong.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually that is character development. If Franky charged recklessly at Zarga then Zarga would wonder how Franky knew that they tried to kill Rai. No one knew about the incident 820 years ago except Rai and traitors. Ultimately Zarga would realize that Rai is indeed alive.
    As long as Franky wouldn't go out of his way to let him know, Zarga should just assume Franky's attacking him because he knows Zarga's a traitor.

I actually wonder if the time to reveal Rai's alive and kicking (except for being quite exhausted) is near. He can't hide or one-shot every single enemy who sees him forever...

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    "Franky x miss werewolf" is a pair beyond me, why their characters fit perfectly with one another, but as you said god help their childern...
    More like god help everyone else if they do have children the ultimate sadists
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast