Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Law's plan

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dacookester's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Law's plan

Ok, so we all know that Law has spent a lot of time planning his takedown of kaidou.
    So, here's my theory, remember when we were first introduced to Law and he engaged in a conversation with Drake before switching off panel, well my theory is that Law also proposed this alliance with Drake and that Drakes part in the alliance was to join up with kaidou and take down the crew from the inside and to gather information for Law.
    I have this theory for the simple reason that Drake could not have been stupid enough to just land into the new world and immediately confront the big-dogs especially when it seemed like he wated kaidou's attention. And for me it would be stupid for drake to quit being a marine and begin living as a pirate to just ally himself with someone stronger.
    I find the possibility of drake being part of the alliance to be intriguing.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 19, 2013 at 10:32 PM.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Law's plan

I don't get the theory that Drake has joined Kaido. "Hey, I just beat the crap out of the subordinate you left here to protect your favorite island, can we be pals now?" That's not a way to make friends.
    By that logic, has Kidd has joined Big Mom now that he sank two of her ships?
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just really assuming that he did it in a way to get his attention and prove he was strong enough to be his ally

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    I don't get the theory that Drake has joined Kaido. "Hey, I just beat the crap out of the subordinate you left here to protect your favorite island, can we be pals now?" That's not a way to make friends.
    More like "I'm strong enough to make you at least look at me, would you rather fight me or let me join you? Also, I don't like Marines."
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    Drake attacking a subordinate of Kaido, and Kidd sinking some of Mam's ships, are independent participles. There is no reason to believe their intentions or desired results were the same. We can not even assume the circumstances were the same.

Drake's actions were remarkably different than Kid's. Kid merely sank two ships, a trifle Mam seemed to care little about. Tamago had to convince her to accept Luffy's treasure, in order to compensate for the loss. She made it quite clear she was accepting the treasure for Tamago's sake, that a true pirate never compromises their desires. This fits well with Law's statement from chapter 698, when a small crew challenges a big crew, they should not expect to gain an audience with the captain.

Drake did something far more serious. By defeating Scotch, guardian of the winter island, Drake (presumably) seized control of the island. Kaido would not be able to allow a rookie to seize his territory. This might have been enough to earn Drake a direct audience with Kaido, or at least with someone suitably high ranking. What hope would Drake, a rookie, have of defeating Kaido at that point in time? Probably none. It would make more sense if he had different intentions, and attacked the island only to gain Kaido's attention, not to challenge him.

If a small crew has no hope of an audience with the captain after challenging a big crew, what hope do they have of forming an alliance? The Yonkou can't possibly accept every crew as allies. They must only accept those that they see as suitable subordinates. What that is probably changes depending on the Yonkou. As a rookie, Drake would have had no hope of winning such a direct confrontation with Kaido. But, if his intention was to prove that he would make a better ally than Scotch, attacking the Winter Island makes a lot of sense.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Drake attacked Kaido's island before Law even set sail for the New World. Earlier the same chapter Law said he was in no rush to cross the Redline. While not out of the question, it seems highly unlikely that Drake and Law formed an alliance before either set out for the New World, and that Drake waited two years for Law to initiate his part of the plan. Drake probably has his own agenda. If he is pulled into the alliance it would not be as a double agent, but because he has been fighting the Kaido Pirates for the last two years.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drake's plan

Quote Originally Posted by dacookester View Post
    Ok, so we all know that Law has spent a lot of time planning his takedown of kaidou.
    So, here's my theory, remember when we were first introduced to Law and he engaged in a conversation with Drake before switching off panel, well my theory is that Law also proposed this alliance with Drake and that Drakes part in the alliance was to join up with kaidou and take down the crew from the inside and to gather information for Law.
    I have this theory for the simple reason that Drake could not have been stupid enough to just land into the new world and immediately confront the big-dogs especially when it seemed like he wated kaidou's attention. And for me it would be stupid for drake to quit being a marine and begin living as a pirate to just ally himself with someone stronger.
    I find the possibility of drake being part of the alliance to be intriguing.

The title of this thread is very misleading, as the OP is focused primarily on Drake's intentions, not Law's plan. There are already plenty of threads to discuss Law's plan, and his alliance with Luffy. Thread title changed to better match the OP. /Kaiten
    When did Law conceived his plan for the first time, or some important parts of it? More than 2 years before the present time. Since when Drake attacked Scotch, Law already wanted to get the position of Shichibukai. And to get that position was part of his plan, now we know it. So yes, it's possible their actions were parts of the same plan. Even more, they didn't have to talk the first time we saw them, and their negotiation could take place after it and before the Drake's attack.

Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Also im not sure if i remember this right but wasn't caeser surprised that Law knew of the SAD production?
    If this is true it indicates that Law might have an insider but this is complete speculation anyway

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Also im not sure if i remember this right but wasn't caeser surprised that Law knew of the SAD production?
    If this is true it indicates that Law might have an insider but this is complete speculation anyway
    He had been in cahoots with Doflamingo for a long time. Even while he was on Punk Hazard, Doflamingo still thought Law was loyal.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Fixit's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt be surprised if Drake is scheming with law, the former marine doesnt seem to be a bad guy that works with some shitty pirate lord. plus, the other pirate alliance have three captains, why the one with luffy cant? (shitty argument)

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

We know Ceasar was surprised by Law's knowledge about Joker, but we ignore if he was surprised by Law's knowledge about SAD. I believe Law should knew about the smileis, and about SAD as an element of his production long time ago. Smileis were, even before Marineford War, already a promising business as it was clear from this dialogue between Dofla and Disco. But I think Law didn't know about Caesar when he conceived his plan for the first time. And that when he arrived Punk Hazard, he wanted to know more about the production. That would explain, among other things, why he didn't kidnap Caesar and destroy the facilities once he arrived there, since he had the power to do it. (I explain it in detail in this review).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Drake did something far more serious. By defeating Scotch, guardian of the winter island, Drake (presumably) seized control of the island. Kaido would not be able to allow a rookie to seize his territory. This might have been enough to earn Drake a direct audience with Kaido, or at least with someone suitably high ranking. What hope would Drake, a rookie, have of defeating Kaido at that point in time? Probably none. It would make more sense if he had different intentions, and attacked the island only to gain Kaido's attention, not to challenge him.
    Was it ever said that Drake defeated him ? I don't remember that

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, but it would be pretty god damn stupid if Drake got his ass kicked off screen

New Reply