Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 622 Discussion / 623 Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 622 Discussion / 623 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    madara said a had 4 brothers(in past sense), he commented that they were no longer alive so where is izuna?...madara didn't said , i have 4 brothers but 3 are dead..
    Having 4 brothers in the past doesn't imply they are all dead now. Just means he no longer has that number of brothers. If I have 4 dollars and give you one, I HAD 4 dollars. He just never said how many broters were still alive.
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was 10/10 for me.
    One of the best and deepest flashbacks I've ever read.
    From the moment we stopped seeing Naruto and Sasuke met with the Kages, we've just had some 10/10 few chapters.
    I think Kishi is just gonna turn it around and keep this level of storytelling.

Since you can really feel the background of Konoha here.
    The hatred and how special the meeting between Madara and Hashirama was is shown really well how key it is here.

3. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    i agree with you then that is why it got to be a mistranslated that madara said a had 4 brother but madara meant i have 4 brothers but 3 died and he got one left or it wasn't explained good what madara meant when he said i had 4 brother but in front of hashirama, madara acted that they were all dead..
    The flashback doesn't seem to be coming to a halt at this point, so, it's fair to expect a series of panels leading up to Izuna's death or at least Izuna himself showing up at a panel or two as a cameo appearance.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    I think I can successfully describe my reaction to this chapter with only one letter.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Pretty boring. Last week nothing happened. This week nothing happened. As I predicted, this is going to be a long, boring flashback. We as readers really only need to know a couple points that could be realistically (and lavishly) covered in fewer than 6 pages. Instead it's looking like we're going to get 6+ chapters. Can't say that I didn't see it coming, but having to wade through it is tortuously dull.
    C'mon dude, Kishi does his best art during flashbacks, and even if they drag on their stories are usually more well-thought out than most things that are happening in the present. "Nothing happened", but we're getting to see the lives of two of the most important characters in the story. Hashi's dad and the dynamics between the Uchiha and Senju are interesting to me so far. Both sons seem to disagree with their father in a way that rings back to Itachi's attitude toward Fugaku, and it seems like neither clan can go anywhere without being hired to combat the other clan. The way child-soldiering is talked about, it seems like it was inevitable that kids from either clan would end up as friends eventually. Even if their families were constantly at war, they're going to want to hang out with the other kid that's always across the proverbial street, no matter where either family lives. It's like Romeo and Juliet, but with childhood friendship instead of suicidal puppy love.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meeedoooz's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

my god, i always read all the pages of the discussion before i comment, these were the most boring i've ever read.

more than half of the discussion is about what madara said. even though it makes sense to say " i had 4 brothers " people are still arguing about it
    a story that can reach the hearts of people all around the world no matter what their culture or background is and be their favorite is truly and definitely a masterpiece . i hope you last a bit more Naruto. thanks Kishi for the most epic manga

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting chap .

I'm interested to know more about their past . Looking at them i really can see Naruto and Sasuke's beginning lol Hashirama was such a smart kid , i'm starting to like him even more . In the past the Shinobi's lives were much more cruel than now .Hope this story stirs something inside Sasuke

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this whole flash back had been really interesting while is something new besides regular talk not jutsu,we get to know more about these two legends of the shinobi world plus their jutsus..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

First three or four pages basically show that Hashirama and Madara were smart and observant at early age. So, both could have been considered geniuses by current village standards.

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    I think I can successfully describe my reaction to this chapter with only one letter.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Pretty boring. Last week nothing happened. This week nothing happened. As I predicted, this is going to be a long, boring flashback. We as readers really only need to know a couple points that could be realistically (and lavishly) covered in fewer than 6 pages. Instead it's looking like we're going to get 6+ chapters. Can't say that I didn't see it coming, but having to wade through it is tortuously dull.
    I don't know - there were some good parts to it. Reading it again I kind of liked it. THIS chapter, more than any of the others in this 'war', showed and talked about the consequences. Hashirama's younger brother. The imagery of it was IMO rather brilliant and drove home Hashirama's point to his father. They were kids... and there was a kid, his younger brother, outnumbered and overpowered by a group of powerful adults. And the look they gave him, despite his obvious fear (as would be expected of a child facing death... cringeworthy, really) was cold and IMO a little uncomfortable. We know how this shaped Hashirama, but I wonder if his father relaly found it so easy to continue down the same path.

I also liked the imagery of the river. Where they were at that time and that moment very well could be where they would fight at the VotE. It could have some symbolic meaning as well. They had the same idea - something in the world needed to change. But where they may differ is the way that they believe to get there. We can guess what more happened to Madara changing... Izuna, maybe he felt betrayed by Hashirama, etc. But it's being somewhat established that Hashirama will be caught in the middle of something and had difficult choices to make himself... as well as that he liked Madara. Not earth-shattering at all, but nice confirmation IMO.

Also - I think that this is laying the groundwork to the end of the war being a little bit more/different than just ending the jyuubi, sealing Madara, etc. Something will have to finally be resolved between Madara and Hashirama themselves, and that may be one of the reasons why we're getting some in depth information now. I'm kind of loving it!

Anyone else think that the garb they're wearing is interesting? Reminds me a little more of samurai outfits than the Naruto ninja outfits we're used to. Pet theory I had some time ago was that the sage of 6 paths was actually a Samurai that wanted to change the world.
    Last edited by jalix; February 27, 2013 at 04:25 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    First three or four pages basically show that Hashirama and Madara were smart and observant at early age. So, both could have been considered geniuses by current village standards.
    Honestly they seem more aware of the world around them as a whole and it's ideology, both want to get stronger for the sake of their ideals, I'd say that would put them well beyond the Konoha rookies by a good margin, Neji, Sasuke and Shino would be the only real potential rivals, and Naruto too after some carrying on.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First good non battle chapter in a long time. I wasn't expecting Sasuke to ask about the past and I thought I didn't care but this is good stuff.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Invader's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    C'mon dude, Kishi does his best art during flashbacks...
    Quote Quote:
    THIS chapter, more than any of the others in this 'war', showed and talked about the consequences.
    I am not saying that the art isn't fine. Nor am I saying that there aren't important plot elements being discussed. I'm simply saying that Kishi is taking about 10X longer than necessary to go over them.

If that's how this is going to roll then that is fine. I am not arguing against his choice to lavish some attention on this particular era and issue in the story. In fact, it can easily be argued that this is one of (if not THE) most pivotal parts of the story.

All I'm saying is that I MYSELF and already done with it. Just drop the shoes that we all know are coming and let's move on. I'm ready for this whole war arc to be over, and the way things are going? We're pretty much staring at the entirety of 2013 being dedicated to wrapping up the war arc. We've got this whole Sauske Vision Quest thing to finish... Then we've got Harashima versus ET Madara... Then we've got Obito & Kakashi... Then we've got the Former Kages versus ???...

We've got a lot of ground to cover before we can finally get rid of this interminably broken war-arc. I want to move it along - not walk it at a snails pace with flashbacks within flashbacks. One chapter. Two maximum. That's all we needed for this background material. Instead we'll have 6 to 10. :P I don't care how good the art is or how much gravitas about 'war and its consequences' we are getting. All I want is for this war to end ASAP, and if we have to rush through the backstory then so be it.
    Hidan... Naruto's ONLY real villain!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto could become like hashirama but as a kid hashirama was 10 better than naruto but adult naruto could be someone as hashirama after naruto experienced hatred forwarded him for being the kyuubi host and the pain that nagato made him go through as loosing jiraya plus naruto not having parents since day one..
    In other words naruto could have a bright future ahead of this war..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member flameorigin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is definitely interesting. This is before the organizations of Ninja. For some reason though I thought Hashi and Madara were the beginning of Ninjahood. But it'd be interesting to see how the leaf was built - still weird Madara started to rebel. Perhaps he succumbed to the curse of the Uchiha.
    Writer or Adventurer? Check. http://www.writerzweb.com

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Revvo's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

After all these giant-chakra-falcon, Complete Susanoo, meteoroid-throwing-madara, Giant-Buddah-Hashirama, tailed beast fight, chakra-sharing. Edo-tensei.... - BULL****

... I must say, I really enjoyed this chapter.
    The Uchiha and Senju looked impressive in their old armor.
    The story of Harashima and his brothers was told nicely...
    nothing to complain about this time

seems like the flashbacks have become the best part of th manga since the war started.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast