Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 622 Discussion / 623 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member weehoo107's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 622 Discussion / 623 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    These aren't things you'd be proud to tell to your kids. The situation has changed. Back then, toddler kids were used as pawns in a war of attrition, and they didn't seem a bit ashamed to do that.
    Hashirama, who raised his voice against this foolish Shinobi notion, would definitely like to erase those shameful marks from the history for the future generations.
    Definitely agree that the situation has changed for the better, but that history should never have been erased. Those shameful marks eventually gave birth to Konoha - and if history is forgotten, it tends to repeat itself (cough, Sasuke, Naruto).

And I do not think it would be in Hashirama's nature to deny future generations the truth - his little brother died in that war, among hundreds if not thousands of other children; hiding or replacing the truth would be trivializing the time-period. If anyone, I think the second hokage probably neglected the role of historian.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weehoo107 View Post
    Definitely agree that the situation has changed for the better, but that history should never have been erased. Those shameful marks eventually gave birth to Konoha - and if history is forgotten, it tends to repeat itself (cough, Sasuke, Naruto).

And I do not think it would be in Hashirama's nature to deny future generations the truth - his little brother died in that war, among hundreds if not thousands of other children; hiding or replacing the truth would be trivializing the time-period. If anyone, I think the second hokage probably neglected the role of historian.
    Ethically speaking, this is open to debate, but I don't see any reason what a bloodshed it was that had been going on before the village systems were established. Sasuke and Naruto also had to suffer from pain, but it's different. Remember the Kyuubi attack, where the likes of Gai, Kakashi, Kurenai weren't given permission to do anything since they were too young. Therefore, I don't think history has repeated itself so far, though there is fair resemblance.

That could be a mutual decision, I'm not sure. History classes in Konoha would probably include what has happened after the village was established and not anything from a prior time. As I said, it's a debatable policy.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Black God's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know someone had to mention it if not i will i think kishi could be showing his brother some love because itama has the same hair style as kishi's twin brother manga main character from 666 satan although the color's are on opposites sides.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oathencrantz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if this has been brought up by anyone yet but I knew I recognized those faces/hairstyles from somewhere:

http://www.mangapanda.com/93-403-18/...apter-398.html
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/622/14
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/622/15

Kishi doesn't forget!

Anyway I love history so these past few chapters have been a treat for me.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

History did change with the concept of "The King", something touched on deeply with Asuma's death and Shikamaru and Naruto's growth. Where they were once cannon fodder,young ninja now, like RK said above when using Kakashi's generation as an example are held back in some situations.

Saying that, when needed, the children fight, and they do indeed die. Nawaki is an example of this and Itachi was an example of a very young shinobi who knew war first hand. It's ironic, that Kakashi at 5 years old was able to be put in a warzone, but the generation ahead of him weren't allowed to fight the Kyuubi.

In any event, at 12 years old some of Konoha ninja became genin, making them ninja who could go into combat and die. That fact alone shows that there wasn't nearly as much progress as Hashirama would have hoped from when he was a child till 100 years later. The only difference is, war wasn't as common, and thus children didn't have to fight as often.
    Last edited by Delbi; February 27, 2013 at 11:25 PM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What could have happened to made madara this way, he wanted peace and it's to be more than izuna dying and the uchihas betrayed him...
    I hope kishi show a female uchiha or senju, i mean if little kids when to the battlefield, i dont see why don't send the moms/sisters/daughters..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Kishimoto watch boxing? I want to catch him watching a fight so I can shut it off at it's climax to tell him a story and see how he likes it. That juubi fight is not as exciting as it once was because it keeps getting cut off!.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J
    Also, Uchiha teamed up wiht another clan to take on the Senju. Further proof that Uchiha weren't as overpowered as people make them out to be.
    More like further proof that the Uchiha are pathetic emos that can't win a fight without resorting to stealing people's DNA, experimentation on themselves, or hiring other clans to help them fight, amirite!?

RITE!?!

Just kidding. I just expected someone to say this by now. I'm pleasantly surprised no one has attempted it. Whats-his-face must be banned again.

On topic though: a lot of people were questioning Madara's statement about how he "had", 4 brothers, and that if they all died while he's young, then how could Izuna be around to awaken MS later. Has anyone considered his parents giving birth to another child later? Madara could've been the youngest of 5 until Izuna was born, and then after the death of his parents or something, he looked after him on his own.
    Last edited by ninjabot; February 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM.

11. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    More like further proof that the Uchiha are pathetic emos that can't win a fight without resorting to stealing people's DNA, experimentation on themselves, or hiring other clans to help them fight, amirite!?

RITE!?!

Just kidding. I just expected someone to say this by now. I'm pleasantly surprised no one has attempted it. Whats-his-face must be banned again.

On topic though: a lot of people were questioning Madara's statement about how he "had", 4 brothers, and that if they all died while he's young, then how could Izuna be around to awaken MS later. Has anyone considered his parents giving birth to another child later? Madara could've been the youngest of 5 until Izuna was born, and then after the death of his parents or something, he looked after him on his own.
    Haha, i totally agree with you, it is surprising that nobody have say that about the uchihas, i mean many times in the manga being mentioned... the uchihas and senjus were equals in power if one side hired the senjus that opposite side hired the uchihas and that's how madara and hashirama end up having several encountered to the death in their battles..
    P.S i hope kishi show us an adult senju fighting techniques and see if they were as strong as hashirama...
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

RITE!?!

You totally don't get my point. It's not that Uchihas suck, it's that people can't whine they're overpowered as hell or cry about them being better than Senju, and Hashirama being the only savior of Senju. In other words, haters have less reasons to hate them or something.

I don't think Izuna was born after Madara stated he had four brothers, since their age is too close in the flashbacks.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In that case he just meant "I had four brothers... until one (or two, or 3) died."

Either one makes sense. I'd still like to see them though. I wanna see Izuna's MS jutsu too, but this could be asking for too much.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Senju's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i wanna see what madara's dad looks like :P
    Spoiler show

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

In that case he just meant "I had four brothers... until one (or two, or 3) died."

Either one makes sense. I'd still like to see them though. I wanna see Izuna's MS jutsu too, but this could be asking for too much.
    Not sure if either will happen. Looks like Kishi is running out of ideas... though maybe Izuna will have Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi as well. though it might be easier to show his brothers as Uchiha do tend to look alike.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    You totally don't get my point. It's not that Uchihas suck, it's that people can't whine they're overpowered as hell or cry about them being better than Senju, and Hashirama being the only savior of Senju. In other words, haters have less reasons to hate them or something.

I don't think Izuna was born after Madara stated he had four brothers, since their age is too close in the flashbacks.
    Hashirama is still the go to guy when it comes to the Senju. Just because we have a flashback of the Uchiha fighting other Senju doesn't change this. We kind of knew this was going on since the whole Uchiha vs Senju thing became such a big deal in the first place. It doesn't change the fact that the Uchiha have a far better connection to things like japanese folklore, and so forth. Barring anything that Tobirama shows in the future, his elder brother is still the big cheese when it comes to the Senju. Even still, there was literally an army of Hashirama clones, not Senju clones. Plus his DNA seems to be the key to making everything better. How does it even make sense that his DNA has the ability to strengthen one's control over Edo-tensei? A technique invented by his brother Well, that's how it happened.

Despite appearances, we never know the actual age gap between Madara and his little brother. so, it can't be said that their ages are too close because we don't know them.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; February 28, 2013 at 01:31 AM.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Hashirama can't be the go-to guy for Senju when he was just a kid and from the looks of it, didn't participate in every battle. Either way, if Uchiha were really as overpowered as people whine about, then they wouldn't have needed to team up. Hell, Senju would have been killed of before Hashirama was ever born.

they'd have to be close enough, considering the appearance.

New Reply
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast