Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

4 2.60%
  • 2] Average

5 3.25%
  • 3] Good

28 18.18%
  • 4] Great

60 38.96%
  • 5] Epic

48 31.17%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

9 5.84%
New Reply
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 699 Discussion / 700 Predictions

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 699 Discussion / 700 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    I forgot about Vergo too, it means it got a direct ticket to Impel Down, because the marines saved him.
    very unlikely,smoker was barely alive,they had to treat him,though I'd like to see what happened there,as the laboratory was crashing,and there might have been other problems,such as shinokuni,the yeti cool bros,other dragons,ecc. they though vergo was died,imo. I bet he will join this arc again,and will be defeated by zoro . then he will be sent in ID,after receiving Akainu's punishment

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Vergo just made Smoker look worse actually... Especially when Law basically did a OS to him, Vergo won just because he had Law's heart, once he got it back, the fight was settled

Anyway, VA never left a good impression IMO, but then again we've never seen them fight seriously with the exception of Vergo/Smoker, but I still do think Luffy/Zoro can take one of them anytime, as for Sanji not sure, he seemed overwhelmed by Vergo honestly
    Well, to be fair sanji had taken a beating from when nami had his body. Sanji was not quite 100% then. By the time vergo was defeated though he had fought sanji and taken a diable jambe and he had been fighting smoker and law at the same time. 100% vergo against any one of the enemies he had would be ambiguous at this point IMO, there were too many variables.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, to be fair sanji had taken a beating from when nami had his body. Sanji was not quite 100% then. By the time vergo was defeated though he had fought sanji and taken a diable jambe and he had been fighting smoker and law at the same time. 100% vergo against any one of the enemies he had would be ambiguous at this point IMO, there were too many variables.
    But then again Vergo wasn't fighting at 100% until Law got his heart, even if he took some damage, he got OS, and Law too took some damage either. It was obviously clear that Law is stronger than Vergo

As for Sanji, the very first hit he received, he had a crack already... That's really a very bad sign, if that fight lasted too long, I think Sanji would've lost

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    And we still have seen so little of the Vice-Admirals. It's very hard to make general statements about them yet. Until Punk Hazard they have been in the background. Even at Enes Lobby and Marineford, they were not involved in any of the headline fights.
    That is quite true... all we saw them do at marineford was make short work out of luffy however taking out a tired pre time skip luffy on adrenaline hormonos is not even a feat as luffy at that time was fodder even at full strength. Still, if the VAs are not by themselves that big a deal then I really could not imagine just how the marines keep even the first half of the grand line in check. The whitebeard pirates alongside their pirate allies showed that they were as a force just about as powerful as the world government overall. Each yonko is supposed to be about as powerful as that overall. When we saw shank's crew he had just about 10 members who were his main crewmembers and fighting force if I recall. WB himself had his 16 commanders each of whom was supposedly insanely strong. The other yonko also are likely to have a main fighting force similar to that.

Now, the marines at large basically have to deal with all the yonko and at least at a superficial level in the new world keep them in check. How exactly would the marines do that if the vice admirals are overall weak? Luffy is strong but he is still not one of the top dogs, at best he is strong enough to survive in the new world without having to join a yonko. He still needs to grow a lot before he can become the pirate king in the end. The marines gathered their main assets at marineford for the war however would it have been wise for them to literally have everyone there? If they had done that the yonko would have taken the chance to take over a lot of places as the whole thing would imply the marines left the new world defenseless which makes no sense. In other words the marines necessarily have to have enough forces to fight WB and at least keep the yonko at bay in other places. Still, military power in OP depends on how many insanely strong individuals a group has meaning that among those who did not participate in the war there had to be quite a few people with actual power keeping the peace.

Now, taking all of that in consideration lets take a look at what the VAs not being all that implies. The main implication is that the only real asset the marines would have are the admirals to deal with any potential real threats. I don't see how the marines could possibly function if the VAs weren't a larger force than what we have seen even now (15 is a pretty large number but I would argue they need even more) and with more power than what we have seen.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

But then again Vergo wasn't fighting at 100% until Law got his heart, even if he took some damage, he got OS, and Law too took some damage either. It was obviously clear that Law is stronger than Vergo

As for Sanji, the very first hit he received, he had a crack already... That's really a very bad sign, if that fight lasted too long, I think Sanji would've lost
    yeah,law was above vergo,but I bet vergo could have done him a hard time,if he ahd known about law's strength,he would have used Soru to dodge the slash,and then he would have won in a physically clash. btw,I'd like to see his rankyaku powered with Haki,I hope zoro will fight him and that attack

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

There are enough big fish in the pond aka Dressrosa so i don't really care about Vergo tbh I'm curious to see Doflamingo's crew and to see Luffy stomping everyone in the end I know i'm evil but i hope someone will piss off Luffy really bad 'cause i wanna know a very serious time skip Luffy

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    That is quite true... all we saw them do at marineford was make short work out of luffy however taking out a tired pre time skip luffy on adrenaline hormonos is not even a feat as luffy at that time was fodder even at full strength. Still, if the VAs are not by themselves that big a deal then I really could not imagine just how the marines keep even the first half of the grand line in check. The whitebeard pirates alongside their pirate allies showed that they were as a force just about as powerful as the world government overall. Each yonko is supposed to be about as powerful as that overall. When we saw shank's crew he had just about 10 members who were his main crewmembers and fighting force if I recall. WB himself had his 16 commanders each of whom was supposedly insanely strong. The other yonko also are likely to have a main fighting force similar to that.
    It's a little off topic, but I think the idea is numeric superiority. It's not the strength of individual members, but collective power of the entire Marine, along with the collective power of the Shichibukai. An individual VA might not be able to defeat a Yonkou, but the Marine and Shichibukai collectively can, as Marineford demonstrated. The reverse probably is also true. Under different conditions, any one Yonkou crew could potentially destroy the government. Both sides generally agree not to break the peace though, knowing that the victory would be left weakened and vulnerable. The World Government was willing to fight Whitebeard only because Ace was Roger's son. Eliminating that bloodline seems to take precedence over everything else.

That is why I think Kuzan said what he did, about this situation potentially being the most dangerous of Akainu's tenure. It's hard to tell how much he knows, but Kuzan seems to have surmised the situation could devolve into complete chaos. We know that if Law's plan succeeds, it really will.

Quote Quote:
    Now, the marines at large basically have to deal with all the yonko and at least at a superficial level in the new world keep them in check. How exactly would the marines do that if the vice admirals are overall weak? Luffy is strong but he is still not one of the top dogs, at best he is strong enough to survive in the new world without having to join a yonko. He still needs to grow a lot before he can become the pirate king in the end. The marines gathered their main assets at marineford for the war however would it have been wise for them to literally have everyone there? If they had done that the yonko would have taken the chance to take over a lot of places as the whole thing would imply the marines left the new world defenseless which makes no sense. In other words the marines necessarily have to have enough forces to fight WB and at least keep the yonko at bay in other places. Still, military power in OP depends on how many insanely strong individuals a group has meaning that among those who did not participate in the war there had to be quite a few people with actual power keeping the peace.

Now, taking all of that in consideration lets take a look at what the VAs not being all that implies. The main implication is that the only real asset the marines would have are the admirals to deal with any potential real threats. I don't see how the marines could possibly function if the VAs weren't a larger force than what we have seen even now (15 is a pretty large number but I would argue they need even more) and with more power than what we have seen.
    I think that the Whitebeard situation was unique. Wiping out Roger's bloodline was all that mattered, the Government didn't care about the consequences. It might be that the other Yonkou were not held in check. There was no one to stop Shanks from showing up at Marineford. Kaido was the only one who tried.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

For me Sanji was superior from the start when it comes to kicking/ speed wise- he sended Vergo flying twice- once when he shown up and second time after short exchange of kicks just at start of their fight. Then he underestimated Vergo- Smoker and Law didnt underestimated Vergo because they knew him for years and wouldnt even think about tanking one of his heavy kicks. There is a chance that Law went all out with slash that cut Vergo in half, Trafal guy used to his advantage that Vergo underestimated him. Sanji had plenty of time to dodge that fat kick that cracked his leg bone, he even had time to comment on Vergo being type that Luffy hates the most while Vergos kick was flying to him. So Sanji was cocky, gotten his fibula cracked and that handicaped him but he wasnt overwhelmed just after that, he continued fighting. Sanji with healthy body, not one that was bombed by Cesar when Nami was in Sanjis body, knowing what Vergo is capable of would give him very good fight, maybe win. Dont underestimate Mr Nosebleed.
    If fight would continue without Sanjis leg getting cracked/ there would be rematch he would send Vergo flying with his kicks over and over and push him to use his bamboo stick. From then? We would get to see some new, strong moves form Sanji(blue diable jambe for anyone?) and his light speed.
    (aaaaand Vergo has metal paramecia mark my words, sideburns on his face- just another hint)
    Last edited by vagabond87; February 22, 2013 at 05:08 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    There are enough big fish in the pond aka Dressrosa so i don't really care about Vergo tbh I'm curious to see Doflamingo's crew and to see Luffy stomping everyone in the end I know i'm evil but i hope someone will piss off Luffy really bad 'cause i wanna know a very serious time skip Luffy
    Same with me, I'm excited about all the new characters. I didn't really like Vergo that much, anyway. I really want to see the rest of Dofla's crew. I'm also hoping for Law flashbacks. This arc would be the perfect time. Serious Luffy would be epic! I bet he gets serious, during the final fight.

Wouldn't it be great if Dressrosa becomes Luffy's first territory? We have been told the island has been thrown into chaos/confusion (depending on translation) after Dofla's resignation. What if, over the course of defeating the Donquixote Pirates, the Strawhats help restore order, just like at Alabasta, Drum Island, or Fishman Island. But this being the New World, the new leaders form an alliance with Luffy, and ask to fly his Jolly Roger. With Doflamingo defeated, they would be looking for a new protector. Given what we know about how the New World works, any island without protection is fair game for riff-raff pirates like Brownbeard.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy having his own territories sounds crazy ...i like it and Dressrosa as his 1st territory is awesome but that place we can say it's already taken by FI It's not official , meaning not everyone knows but we can already consider it as his 1st territory

Also i like for that to happen mainly 'cause that would be the biggest humiliation for DoFlamingo . His kingdom becoming the SH's territory, a rookie crew lol how evil can that be l

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

but it's clear that oda won't overlook vergo's situation. And I'm already foreseeing what will happen in the end of the saga: dd is defeated,but he will be killed by Moria. Vergo is sent to ID,but before that akainu punishes him by shooting a magma punch which destroys half part of his body notwithstanding the haki shield.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Luffy having his own territories sounds crazy ...i like it and Dressrosa as his 1st territory is awesome but that place we can say it's already taken by FI It's not official , meaning not everyone knows but we can already consider it as his 1st territory

Also i like for that to happen mainly 'cause that would be the biggest humiliation for DoFlamingo . His kingdom becoming the SH's territory, a rookie crew lol how evil can that be l
    True, FI would already be his territory if not for Mam. Switching allegiance to the Strawhats is more or less inevitable, at some point.

We also have to consider Luffy is now conspiring against a Yonkou. There's a strong possibility that by the end of the saga, Luffy takes Kaido's place. It would make sense if, over the course of the arc, the Strawhats acquire allied territories. We know allied territories are a requirement for being considered a Yonkou. That could also explain the presence of Kinemon, why Oda chose to formally introduce a living Samurai this arc. Over the course of the saga Luffy could befriend Wano Kuni. An alliance with the Samurai would go a long towards earning consideration for Yonkou status. Luffy already has an allied crew, the Heart Pirates. At some point Jinbe and the Sun Pirates also will ally with the Strawhats. That fulfills the other major requirement.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 22, 2013 at 05:26 PM.

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Same with me, I'm excited about all the new characters. I didn't really like Vergo that much, anyway. I really want to see the rest of Dofla's crew. I'm also hoping for Law flashbacks. This arc would be the perfect time. Serious Luffy would be epic! I bet he gets serious, during the final fight.

Wouldn't it be great if Dressrosa becomes Luffy's first territory? We have been told the island has been thrown into chaos/confusion (depending on translation) after Dofla's resignation. What if, over the course of defeating the Donquixote Pirates, the Strawhats help restore order, just like at Alabasta, Drum Island, or Fishman Island. But this being the New World, the new leaders form an alliance with Luffy, and ask to fly his Jolly Roger. With Doflamingo defeated, they would be looking for a new protector. Given what we know about how the New World works, any island without protection is fair game for riff-raff pirates like Brownbeard.
    The people of Dressrosa are in an uproar because of the sudden resignation by Doflamingo. What I'm wondering is how similar to Amazon Lily is Dressrosa? I mean we know that The habitants of Kuja are sort of an extension to the Kuja pirates and that only the best and strongest become members of the crew. Are the people of Dressrosa aware of Doflamingo's underworld ties or simply believe he is a Shichibukai and his title gives them protection over other pirates trying to overrun his territory? If they are indeed not aware of his underworld connections then it's possible for Luffy to claim the island after restoring order and the people would be behind him. If that isn't the case and they all know that Dofla= Joker then it would mean the island and habitants are an extention of his family/crew and therefore difficult for Luffy to claim it with the support of the people.

Also weighing on the Kuzan being a member of the revolutionaries; I don't think this is the case. From what Dofla had said and what he later said himself, I'm believing he's a man on a solo mission, what the ultimate goal of this mission is, we don't know yet. We do know now that since his leaving, he has discovered a number of things regarding the World Government that he would never have known had he still been there and has a different perspective looking from the outside in.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Before that I think we have to know how Dressrosa chooses its king and how comes that DoFlamingo managed to become it. Also wouldn't Law be a more logical choice than Luffy ? Maybe the 'seat' Buffalo was speaking about before was the seat of King.
    Also I'm not sure it is possible to claim a territory at this stage when Yonkou are still supposed to be the ones in charge

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    The people of Dressrosa are in an uproar because of the sudden resignation by Doflamingo. What I'm wondering is how similar to Amazon Lily is Dressrosa? I mean we know that The habitants of Kuja are sort of an extension to the Kuja pirates and that only the best and strongest become members of the crew. Are the people of Dressrosa aware of Doflamingo's underworld ties or simply believe he is a Shichibukai and his title gives them protection over other pirates trying to overrun his territory? If they are indeed not aware of his underworld connections then it's possible for Luffy to claim the island after restoring order and the people would be behind him. If that isn't the case and they all know that Dofla= Joker then it would mean the island and habitants are an extention of his family/crew and therefore difficult for Luffy to claim it with the support of the people.
    Yeah, a lot depends on the nature of Doflamingo's rule. I think the only clue we have so far is that after resigning as a Shichibukai, he also had to abdicate his thrown. This suggests that the people of Dressrosa would not accept a criminal as king. If his people shared his temperament, I am not sure they would have cared. He may have hidden his true nature from them, playing the role of benevolent king. Kind of like how Crocodile was still hailed as the hero of Alabasta when Luffy arrived. I do not think that he acts as a tyrant, or a Wapol style usurper. Luffy's arrival could expose the truth, revealing that Dofla was really an underworld dealer, using the island as a front for his criminal enterprise.

Quote Quote:
    Also weighing on the Kuzan being a member of the revolutionaries; I don't think this is the case. From what Dofla had said and what he later said himself, I'm believing he's a man on a solo mission, what the ultimate goal of this mission is, we don't know yet. We do know now that since his leaving, he has discovered a number of things regarding the World Government that he would never have known had he still been there and has a different perspective looking from the outside in.
    It seems to me that over the last two years, Kuzan has learned what the audience already knows. I think whatever lead him to the Marine still guides his action. I liked his line, after Smoker asks about his underworld connections. "I'm still me". I think that Kuzan means his sense of justice is still intact, Smoker might not like the course his life has taken, but it's merely a means to an end. It does seem that whatever he is doing, Kuzan is working alone. Dofla's statement would not have otherwise made sense.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Before that I think we have to know how Dressrosa chooses its king and how comes that DoFlamingo managed to become it. Also wouldn't Law be a more logical choice than Luffy ? Maybe the 'seat' Buffalo was speaking about before was the seat of King.
    Also I'm not sure it is possible to claim a territory at this stage when Yonkou are still supposed to be the ones in charge
    That's exactly right. We're to early in the arc to do anything other than explore the possibilities. Anything more and we'd be writing the manga, instead of making predictions.

Those are exactly the questions I have: how does Dressrosa choose a king, and how did Dofla come to power. goldb raised another good question: what is the disposition of the population? Those three points will probably determine the outcome of the arc, and the status of Dressrosa after Doflamingo is defeated.

I say Luffy because I believe this saga is building towards Luffy becoming a Yonkou. He will need territory to earn that status. Building alliances, by accident, over the course of the saga is the most expedient way for Luffy to gain allies while still remaining within the plot. He may gain more allies later, but that would be a workable start. Luffy sweeping onto an (sometimes hostile) island, earning their trust and respect, is something of an OP trope.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 22, 2013 at 07:52 PM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast