Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

4 2.60%
  • 2] Average

5 3.25%
  • 3] Good

28 18.18%
  • 4] Great

60 38.96%
  • 5] Epic

48 31.17%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

9 5.84%
New Reply
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 699 Discussion / 700 Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 699 Discussion / 700 Predictions

There is no color spread next week. And there won't be anything special either. Rhe only rounded notable chapter is nº100. So din't expect more thing than the usual.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackking187 View Post
    3 Sex in One Piece?
    Oda is giving hints that One Piece is getting more sexual humor? First example? When the Kuja pirates touched Luffy's dick. Another example is when Sanji and Nami switched body's and Sanji was showing of Nami boobs.
    If I remember well, there are no much pervert scenes in the first arcs.

So, that happens with the age and with a lot of work to do. The more age and the more work, more humor about sex and less good sex... Also when you work a lot, sex is not that good and then you become a funny pervert. Same when physical performance diminish with the age. Japanese know the human archetype: Rochi, Haposay, Jiraiya... Also Sanji, Usop, Brook and, I guess, Oda will be old pervert men.... Did I say Brook?

The recent short film Glorious Islad surprised me because being written by Oda, it looks like echii anime.
    Last edited by ukimix; February 21, 2013 at 08:47 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    A more classic humour chapter from One Piece. It's good to get these every so often. The big news, in terms of the plot, was the announcements of Doflamingo withdrawal, Law's withdrawal and alliance with the SHs, and the alliance between Kidd, Apoo, and Hawkins. A new journey is about to start, I wonder what we're going to get.
    wait,where did you read that law had withdrawn as well?? he didn't give up his status at all, that's why the WG didn't comment about that,as the newspaper reported.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Government can also revoke your status. I don't know why didn't do it immediatly (maybe 2 shichibukais less in one shot was to much) but Law is in a danger zone. Plus it's not as if he cared for the title much anymore. He took it so that he had access to Punk hazard

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Government can also revoke your status. I don't know why didn't do it immediatly (maybe 2 shichibukais less in one shot was to much) but Law is in a danger zone. Plus it's not as if he cared for the title much anymore. He took it so that he had access to Punk hazard
    Do you really think so? Shichis do this sort of thing all the time, more importantly though, the marines don't know what law is doing, he hasn't acted against them yet, and as we have repeatedly seen in the past, the government is willing to look the other way about a lot of things when the shichibukai are concerned. In addition we don't know what "deal" Law made with the government in order to earn his status, you're supposed to get something in return from them in addition to them cancelling your bounty.

http://www.mangapanda.com/103-56333-...apter-595.html

On the other hand, this certainly does it for Doflamingo's "deal" I have no idea what the repercussions of this will be. I'm also curious what kaido gave Doflamingo in return for the smiles.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry for having voted awful,but yesterday I was really pissed off by the fact they didn't fight at all. this chapter deserved a bit more,but oda should have made aokiji and dd fight a little more. Also,what happened to vergo and monet? or to brownbeard and the other marines inside? too many holes in this chapter,and I voted "epic" and "top ten" in the previous chapters,that's why I was really disappointed this time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Z1ppY View Post
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/12623735/20

Has anyone saw that Luffy poster have Usopp head there and Law have Bepo's head on his poster ? LOL )
    it indicates that bepo is alive and the heart pirates is alive

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alisdfd View Post
    it indicates that bepo is alive and the heart pirates is alive
    or that the Marine has to update its photo archives.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Aokiji did far worse damage to Akainu than lost leg and some scars...
    I would expect some broken off fingers stuff like that, maybe hand, nothing more.

Somehow I liked that even after getting his ass frozen for a moment Doflamingo still laft his foot on Smokers chest kind of mocking Kuzan:
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/699/5
    End of the chapter with Doflamingo reading a book, listening to music make him look like intelligent kind of person. He had some nice quotes till now so Its hard to wait for his clash with idiocy of Luffy.
    Luffys simple yet pure, strong in its simplicity way of seeing things.

if u look again it is not on his chest

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    or that the Marine has to update its photo archives.
    possible but the hat and his outfit in the picture is the same as the one he is wearing now

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    Couple things I took away grom this chapter.

1. The marines have multiple admirals under Red Dog.
    2. Aokiji could be an Underworld Broker....sort of
    3. Rayumma is a legend to the samurai
    4 Dofla is back on Dressrosa and the group is headed there.....its about to be a Royal Rumble on Dressrosa

One thing I am confused about.......Did Doflamingo leave Monet and Vergo on the island? I know Monet may be dead, but Vergo was still alive. I dont think Doflamingo and his gang stand a chance against Luffy and crew without Vergo and Monet
    both are done for now luffy & law face the rest of the crew

it is likely that vergo is going to fool the g5 men to fix him then he will run back to dressrosa

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Yeap. If Dofla would have been able to silence Smoker he possibly woulnd't resign his titles. If that is so, his resignation would mean quite the opposite to what kkck pointed:

Dofla could fear more the Marine, and possibly the WG, than Kaido. So Law could be really wrong with what he says that he did everything to retrieve Caesar. Because he coul be misunderstanding Dofla's acts and motivations, and that could have adverse concrete consequences.

Two things make more believable this potential scenario: (1) Vergo told him that Law ignores Dofla's past and that that could be his perdition. That past could explain why Law could be misunderstanding Dofla's acts and motivations. And (2) It's also posible that Dofla doesnt fear neithe Kaido, neither the Marine. He wants something that nobody is able to do right now, to be the pirate king. To be the pirate king, a guy would have to be able to go beyond what current yonkous have advanced. Si he could think that he should have to be able to defeat Kaido or pirates like him if they place in the middle of his way. So his resignation could just mean that once his double play discovered, he has to change his strategy to get that goal. Did he wanted to be the pirate king when he was selling slaves, before the creation of the smiles? Because if that is so, smiles could be just a tool in his plan: if he can't use it anymore, he could be scheming something now to get his primary objective using differente methods, ways, tools.

Anyway, Doflamingo listening music and reading music right now with that newspaper, doesn't seems to be the desperate guy Law seems to believe he is.
    i dont think law ignores DD past he knows what he is going up against

noo the journalist in the underground would have told the WG revoke his title in fear that rumours maay ocuur about vergo inflitrating the marines under the guidance of DD.

vergo said law doesnt know his past but dd also said that vergo will easily defeated law. DD was wrong similarly vergo will be wrong

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    People are making conclusions without considering the events. Doflamingo did not choose Kaido's alliance over his Shichibukai title. He had planned to keep both by killing Smoker, Luffy and Law, and taking Ceasar back but Aokiji's eventually showed up and saved Smoker's life. He actually cared so much about his Shichibukai title that he even risked his life trying to kill Smoker despite Aokiji's presence.

Since Doflamingo failed to kill him and could not go into fighting against Kuzan, he changed his plan and decided to accept Law's offer, the reason being that he knew Smoker would tell Akainu about Joker's identity and he would lose the title anyway. So he resigned from the Shichibukai as Law asked him instead of waiting for Smoker's report and lost it the same way Crocodile did.

That resignation made Law and Ceasar think Doflamingo chose Kaido's alliance over his Shichibukai title. That was unexpected as proven by their reaction and by the fact the Strawhats assumed he would send people to find them and then would come to retrieve Ceasar. Brook said it very clearly and they behaved as people in danger during the whole night until morning's newspaper.

The only conclusion we can draw is that Doflamingo was smart enough to resign the day after his skirmish with Aokiji. That way he could get Law's call and hope to get Ceasar back instead of losing the title later. He's just lost it earlier than Law will eventually do and didn't wait for a World Government revocation because it was useless to keep it several more days and was in his interest to do so.

That said, I wonder what Law is going to ask Doflamingo in exchange for Ceasar - the resignation was only for Joker to get a proposition on the morning's call. Law is supposed to make sense of the Ceasar's deal and his plan to weaken the Yonko Kaido, which are two diverging things. So I think that Law actually plan to trick Doflamingo by asking him to meet them on Green Bit while they will be going to Dressrosa to destroy the smile factory.

i fully agree with what you are saying but ukimix or another member (sorry if i didn't credit you) pointed out that the alliance was leaked to the newspaper so to probably was vergo's spying job for joker. i think that Akainu would be pissed over the situation if DD's title is not revoked hence with the killing of Smoker the WG would have to go after DD as he over stepped the mark.

DD's decision to go after law is obvious but DD clearly loved his privileges. my point was since the was a leak of the PH INCIDENT then DD's title was going to be revoked

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    Dofla is connected to the higher ups of WG (that's what he said when he killed? Moria ) and he can just call WG and call the newspaper agency that he did all those things (relinquishing his title and his royalty) maybe Dofla said that it's a trap for SH he can easily do that because of his connections every now and then they can put lies on everything maybe the one calling Dofla is one of his connections in WG or even on the newspaper agency
    nooo look closely it is law who is calling him

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Tunisia
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know how the Gouvernment knew about the alliances, for the one between Kids, Apoo and Hawkins, i think the 3 of them were negociating this alliance some time before declaring it, so few words could come out, but the one between Luffy and Law they just made it a day ago and no one knew about it and wasnt planned.
    The only way is smoker have told them but i dont understand why he should after all the help they gave him.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Szaman View Post
    Aokiji a revolutionary? Wouldn't that mean Robin HAS TO know about it? Since... you know, she's been a guest of honor at Dragon's hideout during exactly the time Kuzan would have to join. And she most propably knows a lot, lot more about the revolutionary network, members and ideology then we dare to think. Yet she didn't hint, tell, correct or in any other way let readers or characters in manga know about it (like when Jimbei was telling everyone about the admirals duel it out).
    Old ideas die hard. Kuzan has connections to the underworld. Not the revolutionaries. Oda spelled it out for us. All that is left is to learn the nature of Kuzan's underworld dealings. Predicting he is a revolutionary is still nothing more than raw speculation, with nothing from the manga to substantiate it. We definitively know now that he has been operating in the criminal underworld.

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomu_Getsuga View Post
    I'm still not sure what Aokiji's intentions are but he is definitely up to something. I don't understand why Oda made him leave the Marines in the first place. His leaving has to have some great importance otherwise it would be senseless. Could it be possible that Sengoku, Garp and Aokiji formed some kind of vigilante alliance?
    I'm not sure if you have noticed, but the World Government is corrupt, and cruel. They are tyrants. Kuzan has so far been portrayed as a good man, and honest. As part of the Marine, he could not advance as a character. That is why Oda made him leave the Marine. Ultimately Smoker will too. At some point all will fight against the government, when the true history is exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    A more classic humour chapter from One Piece. It's good to get these every so often. The big news, in terms of the plot, was the announcements of Doflamingo withdrawal, Law's withdrawal and alliance with the SHs, and the alliance between Kidd, Apoo, and Hawkins. A new journey is about to start, I wonder what we're going to get.
    Law did not withdraw, and the government has not kicked him out. They refused to comment on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by winterwyrm View Post
    Do you really think so? Shichis do this sort of thing all the time, more importantly though, the marines don't know what law is doing, he hasn't acted against them yet, and as we have repeatedly seen in the past, the government is willing to look the other way about a lot of things when the shichibukai are concerned. In addition we don't know what "deal" Law made with the government in order to earn his status, you're supposed to get something in return from them in addition to them cancelling your bounty.
    The government might consider an alliance with the son of Dragon to be a betrayal. Any other pirate, and they might have looked the other way. They probably will not be happy that he is allied with Luffy.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Nami and Robin sleep in one bed? Huh.

Aokiji looks homeless xD

I think those two new alliances will butt heads in the future. I wish I knew what Kidd is thinking...
    Last edited by natli; February 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

what an Epic chapter about Kuzen. Luffy he just does not give a shit or hes just so confident in himself which one is it? but one thing that i couldn't understand or it's actually i understood one way and now i felt like it's the other.

I predicted that Kuzen is an underworld dealer just to prevent bad things to happen/destroy the marine. But now i got confused with all this "rumors" DD mentioned. if it's bad rumors from DD's perspective which is going to be bad coz he a pirate. then that's mean the Underwolrd dealers knew him for a long time . then he did couple of deals ended up destroyed or burned by the marine. then the rumors appeared. cos there must be some1 who rat it(told the marine about it).

so any ideas/Theories guys what's going with that romuers.

I loved the many of posts but it's kinda rediclouse to just mention hem post by post and what i liked about them. but ill comment on some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/12623735/8 according to these "pant,pant" ,we could say that aokiji won! ahahah! I'm really pissed off,by reading that the 2 of them haven't fight at all. "tell sakazuki to dispatch the admirals", you are an admiral,moron! why didn't you stop him,wounding him whilst he tried to escape? bah...
    I think Akoji was more concerned about Smoker condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    A nice chapter, a good build up chapter for me honestly, because Oda definitely left some strong hints in this chapter :

1- About Aokiji, Doflamingo's comment about the rumors he hear about him... Revolutionary perhaps ?
    2- Aokiji himself not having a high esteem for the WG, that wasn't expected, I think it may be another hint he joined Dragon
    3- Doflamingo's will, he's really sacrified anything to get CC back... For that, I'd say he will be really one hell of a vilain
    4- Aokiji's comment about Dofla, and the comparison he made between him and Hancock
    5- Note how Aokiji didn't say " Admiral " but " Admirals ", which mean probably three or even more, and I bet there's some new faces in there

Now, things are gonna get good if Oda keeps this, I also think at some point, we may get to see Luffy/Law alliance meet with Kidd's alliance, although I was surprised such a thing leaked to the newspapers, I mean the people who knows about this are those who were in PH and Doflamingo... I don't think Doflamingo said to the world about Luffy/Law alliance but anyway
    reply for ur 2nd point.
    WG was the reason that made Kuzzen a "vagabond" and their injustice that he saw after leaving the Marine made his loyalty disappear. there are 2 types of soldiers 1- wanna protect himslef>his Men>People(citizens)> country(the place where he was born and raised etc.) 2- the one who get involved with the Politics and government, basically he will do the dirty work for them and example "WG:when we do dirty work u didnt c what we did did u ? Akino: no i dont". I have an uncle and he was almost there like Kuzen then they asked him things that he cant do because his royalty to his country and Religion (in ur point's of perspective it will be the things that he believes in).

Reply for ur 3rd point.
    I dont think that he did that for CC, I think DD did that for his ppl. He loves his country as a king, he consider their lives to be precious but not the marine. It might be that his country faced something like Ohara(Robin's home) but he manged to get a deal out of it with the WG. And some ppl do know like Smoker and Vergo. what made me say this is the consequences that CC will bring. i mean Kaidu being mad at DD. he will take whatever is precious \careabout to him.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt aokiji is a revolutionary,it looks like he is a wanderer and it wouldn't suit him if he were amongst them,especially as I expeect him to become the new fleet admiral after akainu's defeat.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I doubt aokiji is a revolutionary,it looks like he is a wanderer and it wouldn't suit him if he were amongst them,especially as I expeect him to become the new fleet admiral after akainu's defeat.
    Maybe, but there would be nothing bad in the rumors if rumors were telling that Aokiji is a lone wanderer. Implications are quite clear here. Oda didn't say much, but from what he did say, it's evident Aokiji is more an enemy than a friend to WG now.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

New Reply
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast