Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

4 2.60%
  • 2] Average

5 3.25%
  • 3] Good

28 18.18%
  • 4] Great

60 38.96%
  • 5] Epic

48 31.17%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

9 5.84%
New Reply
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 699 Discussion / 700 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 699 Discussion / 700 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Here's a thought: If the only true force capable of taking down Doflamingo are admirals, and if Luffy or Law beat him, what does that say about them? That only the admirals have a chance against either of them?
    I don't think there is a single VA right now who they couldn't defeat right now, even if it took a hard battle...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    I don't think there is a single VA right now who they couldn't defeat right now, even if it took a hard battle...
    Knowing Akainu, he'd probably order the admirals to focus on hunting down Luffy regardless of Doflamingo's resignation.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Where did you find he had connections with the underworld ? Doflamingo only said he heard rumors, and Smoker questioned him about it, only for Aokiji to say " I'm just me "
    It's inferred. Rather than patronize his readers by spelling it out, Oda has presented enough information that a satisfactory conclusion can be reached with logic and reasoning. Books work like that, sometimes.

If Kuzan does not have underworld connections, Smoker's question was a red herring. Not only pointless, but needlessly misleading, obscuring a truth that does not need to be hidden. It would also mean Kuzan's presence is little more than fanservice, his return would have little connection to the arc's storyline. Underworld connections provides a satisfactory explanation for Kuzan's return to Punk Hazard. Considering the importance of the underworld to this saga, it also allows for the possibility that Kuzan will have a greater role to play in this saga.

There's just too many hints that lead to being a revolutionary, and perhaps having some connections with the underworld... Also, it doesn't necessarily mean he's with the underworld as we've seen people like Kidd, Pekoms and Tamago watching that too
    What hints? When? Where? Links please.

Quote Quote:
    At this point, I'd say any theory is possible about Aokiji's affiliation, he could work solo too, he has enough strength for that too
    No, actually. Like it, or not, the author has now inferred Kuzan's affiliation. Could you please link to something that implies some other possibility?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was good ... and isnt it the first time oda drew robin without clothes.... way to go!!!! hehe ,,, {not much of an outburst i see}

Comments of Doffla was talking about certain rumors and that rumors could be anything ... However when smoker pointed out about him being connected to Underground .. he didn't say "no" for sure ... but got diplomatic and said, I am me ... Which could mean he must be having some source by which he got to know about the happenings of PH ... and being connected to underground.. hmm ... I think there will be pirates who are connected to underground dealers (if thats what underground means) ..there could be revolutionaries connected to underground as well as the marines could also be ...

With Dofl's tone the first thing came to my mind is .. Aokiji has given himself up for vegapunk's research .. but when he talked about things which u could not possibly know being in Marines... As someone previously suggested he and Garp could be working as one team .. or he could be the part of revolutionaries are the only options that come to mind...

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Zehahaha has some point in saying that Kuzan might be connected to revolutionaries- he hated idea of Akainu being fleet Admiral so much that he fought him to death. What is happening is most probably opposite of what he wanted of Marine to become. This chapter he adds that he never thought high about World Goverment. He sees world in different way now than two years ago, quitting Marines opened his eyes for new perspectives.
    So why cant he have ties with New World underworld and somehow cooperate with Revolutionaries?
    One Piece is by big part manga about people having their own points of view and values, depending on experiences and how was their lives. Kuzan bet his life for way he thinks, trying to defeat Akainu and dont let him shape Marines. After that he saw that it was what Goverment wanted and that Akainus vision fits theirs. You cant be more against something than putting your life against it. Look at Sengokus rection to decision that Goverment made when it came to level 6 prisoners and not letting marines tell to people about their escape. Marines with backup of World Goverment are going further and further from what is rightful for people.

Its not like Kuzan has grudge against World Goverment, they have different view on world and justice than him. They are doing what they believe is best for them, Kuzan is probably doing what is best for weak, common people- not himself. While World Goverment was shown many times to be corrupted with power, Kuzan was shown to always act after thinking if somethings right thing to do. For example imagine Akainu meeting strawhats like Aokiji did like 400chapters ago.
    Kuzans mindset on how things should look like is far closer to what we presume is how Revolutionaries see things. Even word "revolution"- its to change how stuff works in country/countries. Look at history of Europe for example and how it went.
    With all of this I do think that Kuzan allied himself with Revolutionaries by some degree, he is not working for them but with them for some cause.

All stuff that was said about him just discovering stuff in New World, his new perspectives doesnt go in collision course with what I say I think, if I am mistaken then Im open on correction.
    Last edited by vagabond87; February 22, 2013 at 02:32 PM.

7. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to Redon from Pirateking.

ONE PIECE 699 RAW HQ

http://exstorage.net/download/b9f662...ab850df8d1905d

I'll post the colour spead in HQ in the Mega Combo thread.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

but if Oda was so clear, what is exactly this underworld association Aokiji belongs to according to you ? The broker who watched CC video didn't belong to a single one in particular. It wouldn't be surprising that among them were some revolutionaries. So in that sense revolutionaries can be included in the 'underworld' term without contradicting the manga.

The only thing that Oda infered is that Aokiji had connexion with criminals. In no way does it imply that he works for them or belong to a group. So he can perfectly work solo. The fact that he says "I'm just me" confort me in this theory.
    Last edited by Akainu; February 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    but if Oda was so clear, what is exactly this underworld association Aokiji belongs to according to you ? The broker who watched CC video didn't belong to a single one in particular. It wouldn't be surprising that among them were some revolutionaries. So in that sense revolutionaries can be included in the 'underworld' term without contradicting the manga.

The only thing that Oda infered is that Aokiji had connexion with criminals. In no way does it imply that he works for them or belong to a group. So he can perfectly work solo. The fact that he says "I'm just me" confort me in this theory.
    Anyone could've intercepted that broadcast no ? Seems you just need some Den Den Mushi and you're set, CC doesn't seem he wanted to sell his weaps to brokers only, he said even some countries were interested by that weapon if I recall right
    Last edited by Akainu; February 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Aokiji is like lone wolf, doing as he pleases IMO. He does not really has to be a broker from underworld just because he knows about situation on PH. He was in Navy, they have their ways to catch calls and transmissions I am sure. That's pretty much the thing we're looking for.

Also, about the admirals thingy.. I approve ideas of some of you here. They could indeed be some leaders of other G-branches which Navy has set all over the world. Vergo was from G-5 and it was a freaking badass tank. And, what if the G branch leaders are set from the strongest to the weakest? Or some kind of hierarchy..

I would like to see a badass Zoan DF Admiral, a youngster if possible. (25-35 years is pretty much of a youngster compared to Sakazuki) And then some old geezer from a G branch, Haki user.
    Last edited by Akainu; February 22, 2013 at 11:25 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I doubt it was public. It would be uterly stupid that Marines can see it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Take example from Razh, when I gotten here years ago he posted similar to your posting now, now he is one of most understaning, patient members of this forum with wide open mind for creative thinking and different perspectives.
    Ahahaha, yeah, I had a bad temper back then. (It shows even today, sometimes.) ^^;

You start seeing members as friends instead as opponents, after a while.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Anyone could've intercepted that broadcast no ? Seems you just need some Den Den Mushi and you're set, CC doesn't seem he wanted to sell his weaps to brokers only, he said even some countries were interested by that weapon if I recall right
    Well yeah, but someone intercepting the broadcast should be aware that you're going to broadcast something in the first place. And as I gathered, brokers are pretty secretive. I think the implication was pretty clear in this chapter - someone without connections to underground couldn't have known what was going on on the island.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Well yeah, but someone intercepting the broadcast should be aware that you're going to broadcast something in the first place. And as I gathered, brokers are pretty secretive. I think the implication was pretty clear in this chapter - someone without connections to underground couldn't have known what was going on on the island.
    Well I guess it goes without saying that the brokers have their own network and stuff, heck I think everyone considered an outlaw by the WG standards could've access to that I suppose

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    I think that might not necessarily be the case, I would argue there is plenty of room for some of the VAs to be stronger than current luffy and other supernova. Just look at vergo... The guy is not even among the older admirals and he was a complete beast. He was indeed defeated but who is to say vergo was the strongest VA? The Vas are the government's main attack force after the admirals, there should be a wide range of power among them however the stronger VAs should definitely be insanely strong and perhaps even be close in combat power to the actual admirals.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Vergo just made Smoker look worse actually... Especially when Law basically did a OS to him, Vergo won just because he had Law's heart, once he got it back, the fight was settled

Anyway, VA never left a good impression IMO, but then again we've never seen them fight seriously with the exception of Vergo/Smoker, but I still do think Luffy/Zoro can take one of them anytime, as for Sanji not sure, he seemed overwhelmed by Vergo honestly
    Last edited by Zehahaha; February 22, 2013 at 02:18 PM.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think that might not necessarily be the case, I would argue there is plenty of room for some of the VAs to be stronger than current luffy and other supernova. Just look at vergo... The guy is not even among the older admirals and he was a complete beast. He was indeed defeated but who is to say vergo was the strongest VA? The Vas are the government's main attack force after the admirals, there should be a wide range of power among them however the stronger VAs should definitely be insanely strong and perhaps even be close in combat power to the actual admirals.
    And we still have seen so little of the Vice-Admirals. It's very hard to make general statements about them yet. Until Punk Hazard they have been in the background. Even at Enes Lobby and Marineford, they were not involved in any of the headline fights.

New Reply
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast