Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: What do you rate Bleach 527?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 -- Waste of time

3 9.68%
  • 2 -- Horrible

2 6.45%
  • 3 -- Poor

1 3.23%
  • 4 -- Fair

3 9.68%
  • 5 -- Average

2 6.45%
  • 6 -- Decent

0 0%
  • 7 -- Okay

2 6.45%
  • 8 -- Good

7 22.58%
  • 9 -- Great

6 19.35%
  • 10 -- Amazing

5 16.13%
New Reply

Thread: Bleach 527 The TW Review

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Bleach 527 The TW Review

Scantalation provided by MangaPanda

Central Characters

Kenpachi Zaraki

Retsu Unohana (formerly known as Yachiru Unohana)

Renji Abarai (LEFT)---Ichigo Kurosaki (RIGHT)

Ōetsu Nimaiya

Mela

The Background

Last chapter both Zaraki and Unohana concluded their long awaited second battle. During the fight a climax was reached once Unohana unleashed her Bankai and Kenpachi went complete Cool Crush Ice Killa mode on her. Some weird melty stuff happened and we learned that Unohana only had one true successor in the line of Kenpachi (Strongest) and it was Zaraki. After he finally found his motivation to fight again, Unohana crushes on him a bit (boy crush to be accurate which is borderline pedo...nevermind) and then is stabbed at the very end by Kenpachi.
    Last weeks chapter was rated a 5.5 by voters a tiny bit above average.

The Review

First I’ll start with the beautiful color page. It’s amazing how KT was able to change Unohana’s appearance. Almost like Aizens’ shift in personalities but this seems different. She seemed like a character who had passive control in almost all of her situations, even confronting Aizen in SS. Now her appearance just oozes crazy, disturbed, and an As Nodt look a like (lol not really). The color of her sword was nice as well; some people might not have understood she was using blood as her sword once she went Bankai last chapter and this clears it up. I think you can see a part of her chest scar? I’d think KT would have made it more obvious but I’m not complaining.

So as last chapter ended and this one begins Kenpachi finishes piercing her all the way through. Unohana drops her blood sword thus officially ending their fight. Ironically Kenpachi pulls his sword out and throws it a distance away (more on that later). He realizes that she’s not going to be healing herself from his last blow. He holds her and asks her not to die, reciprocating some deeper feelings for her that she had shown in the previous chapter for him.

Unohana isn’t able to respond to him but she thinks about why he should be sad. (I agree) So now comes the revelation that many people including myself were hoping for at the end of this fight. With Kenpachi having found his strength and love of fighting again, mixed in with friends worth protecting and an enemy worthy of being fought, Unohana explains that he now has someone to meet! She finally passes the torch of Kenpachi unto him. Visually we see her blood sword fade away or go into him, it’s sort of tough to comprehend exactly.

Ignoring Unohanas’ blissfully emo dying thought speech as she passes Kenpachi’s Soul Slayer calls to him. Zaraki never hearing the voice before is confused but it becomes clear who it is through the brief flashbacks. Kenpachi’s story for this chapter ends right before his Soul Slayer announces its’ name.

At the interlude we learn it’s been almost 3 full days since Renji and Ichigo started fighting the nameless soul slayers. Upon inspection we see Renji has come out of the fight well and standing but Ichigo is much worse having not beaten any it seems. While Ichigo argues that he still has time left Oetsu lets him know that the time is irrelevant and the issue is that the Asauchi did not CHOOSE him. What this means exactly is left unclear. What is clear though is that Ichigo is not a Shinigami.

HOLD UP
    Ichigo may not be a full Shinigami. He has been observed to possess hollow abilities, Full Bringer abilities, and Quincy lineage BUT! He definitely is a Shinigami! I know that it’s possible he’s more than a Shinigami or perhaps that Oetsu is telling him this to motivate him somehow, however it’s so wrong to just give Ichigo powers take them away, give, take, give, take, etc, rinse, repeat. It’s cool I’m over it now lol.

So this is likely where the chapter title “Eliminate from Heaven” is talking about. Ichigo is being forcefully kicked out of the Soul Societies version of Heaven. As Mela follows her orders in taking Ichigo out of his hole, Oetsu tells him to never come back to SS as he doesn’t belong. Ichigo inquires about Zangetsu and what will happen to him. Oetsu lets him know it’s not getting fixed “by him at least” and then reminds him he’s not a shinigami anyways. Ichigo becomes upset and goes after the Royal Guard. Oetsu quickly puts Ichigo down and transports him out with 2 quick snaps of the fingers.

As Ichigo is teleported away he reiterates that Ichigo is no good in his current condition (I’VE HEARD THAT BEFORE!) and about the Asauchi not CHOOSING him. His comments on Ichigo needing to learn his roots (background?) even if the knowledge means he can’t return to SS ends the chapter in anti-climatic fashion.

My Thoughts

In my review last chapter I expressed some distaste for Kenpachi’s newfound strength if it meant he still had no Shikai or Bankai to show for it. Looks like KT was thinking the same thing. Still the nature of his abilities are in question and how much they will help in a fight against Soul Slayer sealers/stealers remains to be seen.

Unohana is dead. While there is always a small tiny possibility she isn’t, I truly believe she is. Her purpose has been served and flashbacks were shown. There are more healers in S.S. and the best Healer is the Royal Guard guy anyways so enough with the, “Oh Noes! She was the best HEALER how is SS gonna TANK now with no RESTORE?”, I probably put too much into that but it needed to be said.

Oetsu sure did say a lot of things with double meaning. Here is what I gather from his speech to Ichigo an abridged format:

Someone else will fix your Zangetsu because you are a crazy Hybrid (Shinigami/Human/Quincy/Hollow), ALSO I’m sending you to a place that will let you learn about your Quincy Lineage. You won’t be able to come back until you choose who you want to fight for, Shinigami or Quincy. Later DUDE hope you come back with more resolve!

My questions

Why didn’t Renji help Ichigo? During the fight and before he was sent away?

What does the Asauchi not “CHOOSING” Ichigo mean exactly?

Does anyone know if Kenpachi’s Soul Slayer was female or male? (might be a translator question)

Predictions

See Oetsu Abridged Speech above. Hopefully Urahara or Isshin shows up next chapter as well. That’s it for this week see ya next chapter!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 527 The TW Review

I agree, I got that feeling too from Nimaiya like he knows more than he's letting on. He almost seems like he knows Ichigo is a Quincy, he probably dislikes Quincy anyway since he's been around for so long

Or, he was just saying Ichigo's zan is too weird and different for him to be able to do anything about it.

But anyway, could this lead to Ichigo having to train not only his Quincy powers, but his Hollow powers again? Like a hybrid training.
    Last edited by Notak; February 20, 2013 at 02:47 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I agree, I got that feeling too from Nimaiya like he knows more than he's letting on. He almost seems like he knows Ichigo is a Quincy, he probably dislikes Quincy anyway since he's been around for so long

Or, he was just saying Ichigo's zan is too weird and different for him to be able to do anything about it.

But anyway, could this lead to Ichigo having to train not only his Quincy powers, but his Hollow powers again? Like a hybrid training.
    I believe none of the Royal guards know anything about ichigo, and that is why he said you need to learn how to crawl before walking to ichigo, because we all know that ichigos learns how to walk and run before he gets to the basics of anything.

the asauchi not choosing him might be because the Quincy powers were just introduced to ichigos body and are still not full awakened and its hindering his Shinigami side, plus his Mind is probably not about getting his power or zangetsu fixed but answers to what Bach said about his mom and him being his father and whatnot.

If any of the captains knew that ichigo was a quincy then they will start questions on who hi sparents are and how he is a quincy and shinigami and hell would have come down.

The only ones that are probably aware that ichigo is a quincy are, Isshin,Ryuken,Bach,Hashwald,Urahara.
    Ryuken knows for a fact because he told ishida to stay away from ichigo because he knew that if he stayed with ichigo to long his power would awaken because of ishida Reitsu/Reishi. lucky is that ichigo and ishida never faught and ichigos first true quincy opponent was kirge.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My theory: The only reason Ichigo has a zanpakuto in the first place was because of rukia.

Without a zanpakuto he would've been a quincy elite.

His zanpakutos final form is a black cero because of his hollow side.

Ichigos final form will be a mix of everything, Quininihollowgamibringer

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember how years ago my friends and I would speculate about what might happen if Kenpachi was to learn shikai.
    The consensus at the time was that the world would simply cease to be. A powerup for someone like him would be the Bleach equivalent of 'rocks fall, everybody dies'. It's fun to speculate about these things and the circumstances for this powerup were always considered to somehow involve a villain stupid enough to hurt Yachiru.
    As Bleach progressed and Kenpachi's position of terrifying powerhouse became more and more shaky, that speculation ended. We figured Kenpachi would basically follow in Vegeta's footsteps of being a powerhouse, but one surpassed by allies and enemies alike.

Then this chapter happened.
    That page where Kenpachi realizes it's his sword talking to him...

it may go against all logic, it may very well be my inner fanboy, but when I saw that page, all I could think was OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIT.

I want to believe ;_;

Awesome review, but I'm a bit sad to see Unohana end up a stepping stone in Kenpachi's path to (full) power.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

cool review,I liked how you divided it,including the presentation of the main characters! good job!

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply