Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 224 Discussion Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 224 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    So if we talk about match-ups, then the color page might have shown us what to expect. And it seems that as some of the forum members had suggested Zebra might fight the leader of those Nitro who came under Bishokukai control.
    Should be a damn interesting fight.

And well, Coco's and Sani's fights should be as well.
    Coco seems to be not as good as I expected as it seems that his poison is quite overhyped, since most of the actually relevant characters (powerwise) seem to have quite a strong resistance to most types of the poison, hence he would have quite a difficult fight here, swince he isn't a powerhouse like Toriko or Zebra, so he should apply some tactics to win this one.

And Sani... well, Tommyrod is GROSS, so we shouldn't say anything more. It's already a damn problem for Sani.)) Seems it won't be easy for Sani, neither mentally nor in terms of powers, since Tommyrod is quite strong (even though I would call him the weakest among Sous Chefs), but he also has tons of his troublesome bugs that a considerably strong as they are. Even though Sani has his instinct which is also boosted by Food Honour, but his Hair aren't as indestructible and incuttable as they were supposed to be. For Tommy they seem to be quite normal, so Sani would have damn problems as well.
    I think Coco is still very strong but Grinpatch is just a freak of nature. In fact it's likely everyone in these match ups will be very equally matched.

I'd like to point out though based on past feats and known power ups I'd say the heavenly kings have shifted somewhat. It used to be it was Zebra, Coco, Sani, and then Toriko but based on their match ups it may be Zebra, Toriko, Coco and then Sani. Of course there is no way to judge accurately with these fights just beginning.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, as much as Sani tries to run away from all the ugly, it seems the ugly always find a way to buzz towards him

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it seems that every person who has Gourmet Cells and is relevantly developed is some sort of a frick of nature.

Well, Heavenly Kings obviously developed after getting Food Honor. Well, in terms of power I would say that it was always like this: Zebra, Toriko, Coco and then Sani, but after achieving Food Honor I got an impression that Toriko went to the last place (based on the fits shown durting the fight against Four Beast), but now it seems that everything still is the same.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Zebra is going to fight the Nitro, but there are two of them, three if you count the lumpy mutated-looking one. Is Zebra going to fight them both?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Coco would really go into a last resort poison that might also get himself killed in the process. Sunny seems to be getting serious now after Tommyrod had pissed him off by using those disgusting insects against him.
    "Marine Admirals"

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Each chapter feels so short. But it's just so fun XD.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Coco's speech was quite motivating.
    Anyway I liked the chapter, but I hope that now we will see true battles, because to me until now we have just saw little skirmishes.
    Sani is hilarious. XD

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Coco has "that jutsu", Sani activating hair haki... you see where this is going - Toriko has a bankai!

Haha, it's a transition chapter, but that speech was very nice.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Coco told Komatsu "go where toriko is"

toriko will win against star.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Black Rain's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

It Seems all the fights are well balanced right now , with the Anomaly being nitro , which if we go according to the color page , Zebra will be fighting .

Future Chapters looks promising.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by milek View Post
    Coco told Komatsu "go where toriko is"

toriko will win against star.
    I also think this might be an outcome that he predicited with his skills. Coco must have used his fortune telling skills. The chances that Komatsu might survive this whole thing - in the meaning of not being kidnapped - are higher when he is with Toriko. I think that the four heavenly kings will win their fight. It doesn't mean they will finish their opponents for good but it might be that they will be immobilized/captured and imprisoned.

Going by the colour page, I'd say that Zebra's role will be extended. It looks like he'll become that nitro's opponent. I think that the fights in the colour page are the decisive fights in this arc. I think that Buranchi, Setsuno, Toriko, Sani, Zebra and Coco will win their fights. Since Setsuno has imo the easiest opponent, I wouldn't be surprised if IGO might lose her due to an upcoming fight against Limon.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Love on the explanation on how chefs are the most important thing in the Gourmet World because it really explain why the wars on chefs and why do the bishoukukai is doing this... Coco told Komatsu go to Toriko because he needs help mainly by feeding him something... I think Star is one of the vital enemy so him losing against Toriko without any help will be a waste a Draw is always welcome but Toriko defeating him is a waste.... If I will pick an enemy to be defeated it is tommyrod because I don't think his power is really that amazing and I don't think he had a potential to become a great enemy... Grinpatch is also a great enemy and had potential because it seems he is only having fun and not taking the fight seriously.

Zebra will defintely take on the Nitro and I think Setsuno will be immobilize or something by the 3rd faction or some trump card by the enemy but I don't see her being kidnap or killed or else Jirou will be another enemy for the Bishoukukai and that isn't good for them.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bonifide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Komatsu is being so dumb right now. He always been in danger now he's acting like a damn wuss. It's not like their killing the chefs. I use to tolerate him but if he keeps acting like this is will be put on my sakura and rukia list.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DarkRyu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bonifide View Post
    Komatsu is being so dumb right now. He always been in danger now he's acting like a damn wuss. It's not like their killing the chefs. I use to tolerate him but if he keeps acting like this is will be put on my sakura and rukia list.
    The difference before when he was in danger is that usually it was some animals trying to kill him, or a dangerous environment, or if the bishokukai were there it was because they were fighting over an ingredient. Suddenly learning that someone is trying to enslave YOU specifically for doing what you love would be pretty shocking, usually it's nothing personal or about Komatsu in particular it's usually over an ingredient for some reason.

Also think of it like this, Komatsu at least to an extent, is supposed to be the regular human point of view (AKA our point of view as the reader) in the manga, maybe Shima used him to have Coco better explain why the Bishokukai wanted the chefs so much, though it was kind of obvious, it hadn't been particularly explained if you think about it.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast