Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 224 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 224 Spoiler Thread

^^^^ Maybe it's just me, but Komatsu has always been a wuss. This goes back to some of the earlier discussions about if Komatsu will ever receive a physical power up. But in pretty much every arc where there's been a wild beast or a fight with the Bishokukai, Komatsu has been running around screaming and crying; yelling for Toriko to save him. The only times he showed any balls was when he wouldn't let Star take his knife inside the regal mammoth; and he had tears in his eyes then. And in Gourmet Pyramid when he took that wild, eyes closed swing with his knife at a beast. And that's why I was like "really" last chapter (and this chapter) when Komatsu was saved by Yun. Even Yun is stepping up now? At least Sakura and Rukia will put up a fight. I'm hoping Komatsu at least gets to their level (when it comes to fighting) one day.

But this was a nice transitional chapter. I figured Coco had something deadlier up his sleeve. I think Grinpatch has some kind of bodily system that lets him break down poisons or any other foreign substance that goes in his body any way he wants. I think once Coco figures that out he'll win.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So yeah that chater did nothing for me. Cool speech bro...not. Hopefully they jump into the Coco and Sani fight instead of just going over what everyone is doing in their match ups again which should have been what this chapter was.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a very satisfying chapter for me. But still not bad. Coco's speech was good but I guess we already know how important chefs are in this manga. I think it was a waste of pages.
    Coco already started to analyze Grinpatch's ability. So I guess he's using that to his advantage. I'm guessing he chose to jump into that hole to limit the air that Grinpatch could suck.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 224 Discussion Thread

I don't think Coco's speech are a waste. It's not really mention before, and since this arc is about chef, when I buy the volume when it comes out in my country (probably 6 months to 2 years from now, it varies), it will give a better impression of this arc to me.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was just ok.
    I wasn't actually touched by Coco's speech. And the thing I didn't like the most was that Komatsu is as useless as always. I really want him to get balls, but he disspaoints me all the time. He can't do anything on his own. Even a freacking pinguin can do more and actually save Komatsu.
    The author should change his character. He isn't a 14 year-old boy. If I'm not mistaken he is already 18 or over it, but he looks as a kindergarten level person in termws of intelligence and as the manga goes on he actually doesn't progress neither intellectually, nor mentally and that is what dissapoints the most.
    And of course he must get stronger and be able to defend himself. Otherwise he won't be able to assist Toriko and other Heavenly Kings in Gourmet World.

And well, Grinpatch is just a freacking monster! To make such an enormous hole with just his breath... it's totally unbelivable. And he easily manages to withstand Coco's poison and is also powered-up due to it.

IThe next chapter might show us either Coco's or Sani's fight, but might also turn to another direction and show Zebra starting his fight against Nitro. Anyways, it should be good.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Only1's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Lmao kamatsu is 25 years old. He acts like an 11 year
    For real tho he needs to Grow some balls and guess what toriko is 25 also.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I like how people say Komatsu is 25 years old and should grow some balls, while in front of him there's some living beings that are far away from " humans "
    I'd like to see you guys display your bravery when you'll see someone as creepy as Grinpatch

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Only1's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

He needs to why because this is the world he's living in. If this was real life situation people wouldn't be so reliable therefor you would need to learn how to defend yourself, kamatsu been through hell with toriko he knows what's out there but he never try to get stronger.this is not the first time he's crying and running around. Like most people would learn from that and try to use something to defend their own life.he's always trying to be a good chef why not a fighter also.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Katoo's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello guys!
    I do read the foruns,but this is my first account here

On the chapter,I think it is kinda short on development,and the last shots with sani gross=kills feels like re-using the same ones from the start of the the fight,although,the author needs a break sometimes,I guess,with this kinda of content+action packed arc.
    My opinion on Komatsu is always divided.
    -The first one is that he is the guy who is supposed to be ''us'' in this crasy world that is Toriko.The normal,averange guy,but....
    -He IS 25 years old,and as stated,its the same age of toriko.It just feels kinda wrong,like the actor just did that so he could drink alchool in any chapter he does wants to do.But as I said in my first opinion,toriko's world IS crasy,and even if he came from the ''bottom\normal'''part of it(5\10 stars),after all that adventures with toriko,he should at least know that he has to have some basic skills,and from the pshycological part of it,even if he still has ''fear'',he should be able to at least keep it under control after all this time,like,lets say,a experient soldier(on this point,I COULD understand he being scared,after all all of his '''superiors''[chefs] are having quite the trouble or are being overwhelmed,but the problem is that he is a WUSS EVERYTIME,its like the character developemnt that we were seeing in the shiny gurami and food honor arc is gone).

I cant be the only one that thinks that coco can now use another form of Aqua reiga,I mean,the whole trouble of it was time+energy+focus that it was needed to do it if I recall it correctly,and those 3 problems aren't what Food Honor is supossed to get rid of>

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Zehahaha
    Well, it's not only about terms of balls in front of monsters, but still it is also want Komatsu lacks in terms of a character.
    But more importantly as I mentioned in my post was that while he is a grown-up man, he is just an imbecile and crybaby. He lacks in everything (knowledge, experience even compared to average people of his age who aren't that bright actually). So overall his character really lacks.maturity. He needs to grow, but he can't. I really want to see it in a character. I don't only want to see growth in strength, but in mentality and intellect as well. But Matsu doesn't do anything.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Zehahaha
    Well, it's not only about terms of balls in front of monsters, but still it is also want Komatsu lacks in terms of a character.
    But more importantly as I mentioned in my post was that while he is a grown-up man, he is just an imbecile and crybaby. He lacks in everything (knowledge, experience even compared to average people of his age who aren't that bright actually). So overall his character really lacks.maturity. He needs to grow, but he can't. I really want to see it in a character. I don't only want to see growth in strength, but in mentality and intellect as well. But Matsu doesn't do anything.
    Oh come on, the guy was just come cook in some hotel, never went to GW, never met with top chefs, nor with any Bishokuya...
    You should see how he was in the beginning, and what he became now... Komatsu is always scared, he's like Usopp or Chopper, it's a trait of his personality, can't change that, he'll be brave when the situation dictate it (aka in Jewel Meat arc for example, or Gourmet Pyramid too)

Intellect... Well, what kind of intellect you expect ? He's a cook, that have a goal to be the number one cook... He's pretty smart when it comes to cooking, in the same fashion as Toriko when it becomes to being a Bishokuya...

Maturity... Again, how isn't he mature ? Did you see him being like " Waaaaaaaaaaah Bishokukai gooooo away, I want mah candyyyyyy " ? Again, Komatsu is an AVERAGE HUMAN, in a short time, he saw what others humans wouldn't be able to see in their whole life, he has been in situations that normal humans wouldn't suspect. Heck, should I remind you that the Komatsu that first appeared literally peed in his pants when Toriko used his intimidation, chapters after that he was standing firm in front of Staarjun, and during the Ozone Herb arc, even Toriko commented that Komatsu got reckless when he jumed to the Ozone Herb...

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, discussion is always fierce when it comes to Komatsu. To lighten a mood a little, I created a motivational poster:

Spoiler show

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see anything wrong with with Komatsu. Some people just want to see him as a fighter. But he's not. He is a cook. A very good cook.
    When it comes to his forte which is cooking, his level is very high. Even higher than Toriko's level when it comes to fighting.
    In their current state, Komatsu has a better chance of winning against Setsuno in cooking than Toriko winning against Jirou in fighting.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Oh come on, the guy was just come cook in some hotel, never went to GW, never met with top chefs, nor with any Bishokuya...
    You should see how he was in the beginning, and what he became now... Komatsu is always scared, he's like Usopp or Chopper, it's a trait of his personality, can't change that, he'll be brave when the situation dictate it (aka in Jewel Meat arc for example, or Gourmet Pyramid too)
    Unlike Komatsu, Chopper and Usopp have a few wins under their belts. Plus to me, while real, Usopp and Chopper's fear is used more as comic relief in One Piece. But like I said, in my last post when Komatsu was compared to Sakura and Rukia, I wish he was at least at Usopp or Chopper's level...even pre-time skip.

Maturity... Again, how isn't he mature ? Did you see him being like " Waaaaaaaaaaah Bishokukai gooooo away, I want mah candyyyyyy " ? Again, Komatsu is an AVERAGE HUMAN, in a short time, he saw what others humans wouldn't be able to see in their whole life, he has been in situations that normal humans wouldn't suspect. Heck, should I remind you that the Komatsu that first appeared literally peed in his pants when Toriko used his intimidation, chapters after that he was standing firm in front of Staarjun, and during the Ozone Herb arc, even Toriko commented that Komatsu got reckless when he jumed to the Ozone Herb...
    Have I seen Komatsu be like Waaaah Bishokukai go away? Why yes I have seen Komatsu do something like that...right here. At the bottom... The words are different but I think the feeling is the same.

At the end of the day, Komatsu doesn't have to end up being as strong as Setsuno...just let him man up some. Give him a few moves. Let him be able to at least be able to take care of himself in average situations.
    Last edited by VashDaStampede; February 28, 2013 at 08:23 PM.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Katoo's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Intellect... Well, what kind of intellect you expect ? He's a cook, that have a goal to be the number one cook... He's pretty smart when it comes to cooking, in the same fashion as Toriko when it becomes to being a Bishokuya...

In toriko's universe
    That is just sad
    Although,I just CANT see a badass komatsu
    English is not my first language,so sorry for any mistakes!

My ''z'' is broken right now,so I will be using ''s'' for time short!

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast