Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Toriko 224 Discussion Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 224 Discussion Thread

Zehahaha
    Well, in terms of maturity and intellect Komatsu obviously isn't on a level of an average human in a normal life. He seems more like on Inoue's level in terms of this. Well, of course it's natural for Shounen manga, but he still has to have at least some progress in terms of intellect and maturity, but he is always like a small child. For example, Coco's speech in this chapter... it didn't bring anything new to the story, but Komatrsu was so shocked like he never knew about the value of Chefs. If he doesn't know even this in his 25 during Gourmet Age, then he is a strange person... If he surprises on half of the info... Even Zebra looks more knowledgeble at some points than Komatsu...
    You know if a character is physically weak, then he has to deliver in other fields and well... Komatsu can't bring anything to the plot. Most of his cooking is just brought out of nowhere. Like a Food Luck. It's just the same as Plotkai or Plot no Jutsu... Even in the Tournament he wouldn't have advanced if he didn't get help from Buranchi.

P.S. Komatsu wasn't just some Chef. Of course he wasn't in Top 100, but he still was in quite a famous restaurant and he was the Head Chef there.
    P.P.S. I wouldn't say that Komatsu is an average human in any sense. In terms of physical strength he looks more like a 10 year-old boy, in terms of intellect and maturity he looks like the guy from elementary school... Well, in terms of an Average Shounen Character he fits, but not for a real average person. In a normal Shounen a person should be a bit more smart than an actual idiot to be a genius...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

All that Komatsu lack most of the time is self confidence. He just doesn't see himself to be as valuable as others see him. He only sees himself as an ordinary chef who was lucky to be in combo with a top bishokuya. That's why some readers find him weak and stupid.

Komatsu only does what he is supposed to do. If he tried to join the fight and got caught or injured, or if he tried to help the Kings and ended up being a burden to them, people would still call him stupid and idiot.

He is very good at what he's good at. He knows a lot about ingredients. He even discover new ingredients and techniques that other top chefs failed to. What else do we want him to have? Let's leave the fighting and getting strong to the Kings and leave cooking to Komatsu. Just like what Coco said, Komatsu is more valuable than them. That's why they would protect him even if it costs them their lives.
    Last edited by llydnarz; February 28, 2013 at 11:37 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner nivekthemenace's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

damn that wicked dung fly with its very high capture level. well who would like to capture a shit by the way. i;ve lost some of my respect to tommy rod. ahahahha

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nivekthemenace View Post
    damn that wicked dung fly with its very high capture level. well who would like to capture a shit by the way. i;ve lost some of my respect to tommy rod. ahahahha
    Well, from the extras in volume version that I had, most of tommy rod stuff is say to be pretty much inedible. Each insect had a page for themselves.

High capture level =/= delicious.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Katoo's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Well, from the extras in volume version that I had, most of tommy rod stuff is say to be pretty much inedible. Each insect had a page for themselves.

High capture level =/= delicious.
    Scan those for us D:
    English is not my first language,so sorry for any mistakes!

My ''z'' is broken right now,so I will be using ''s'' for time short!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katoo View Post
    Scan those for us D:
    It's in Thai. I don't think it'll be any use even if I scan it. And I don't want break my book. It's a collection.

Anyways, information from those include stuff like

-species' size (height and length, that kind of stuff)
    -size relative to normal human
    -weight
    -capture level (A lot of things that aren't mention to have capture level in manga is normally lower than 1, so Toriko's author hasn't quite forget about it) (some monsters will have different capture level depending on location, such as devil snake, which have capture level "immeasurable in gourmet world". So that explain why they are a match for battle wolf as well as why Coco and Toriko can take some down so easily)
    -price in market as food, and other stuff (jewelry, blah blah blah)
    -Location you can find them in (sometimes, it say gourmet world)

There's also general information on the species. They said that there's a pack of "Battle Wolf" running around freely in gourmet world, for example.
    Last edited by -Ken-; March 03, 2013 at 04:36 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, what would impress me now is if Komatsu, rather than running away ro Toriko, would actually stick around during the battle. Not to fight mind you, even with the Derous Knife and Food Honor, Komatsu wouldn't last. But if Komatsu maybe tried to save the captured Chefs or sabotage the Bishokukai, that would probably make the story more interesting. And it will prove that he has some courage. However if I were to be honest, I think Komatsu will most likely be most useful if he finds some ingredients and cooks something up for all the good guys. Maybe something that will ensure recovery and Gourmet Cell evolution. Though in the end, I think he will be the most likely to be captured.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like him to be captured actually, because that would mean an encounter between Midora/Ichiryuu very soon, heck imagine if Setsuno is caught too (which I doubt honestly)... Honestly, I really want to see Bishokukai vs 0th Biotope, that would be sweet

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4