Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is the CHAMPION?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Whitebeard

46 50.55%
  • Shanks

45 49.45%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: FINAL: Whitebeard vs. Shanks

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: FINAL: Whitebeard vs. Shanks

Guys I want to make one comment. Whitebeard has the dangerous devil fruit I agree but Shanks not having one doesnt make him weak. Garp didnt have one, it was not hinted Roger had one or Rayleigh either but these characters are freaking powerful. Whitebeard has CoC agreed but I think even in CoC there are levels and I bet(intuition) of all present now in one piece shanks has the highest level of CoC. Haki Vs Devil fruit in this case is like unstoppable force vs immovable object.

Shanks for me

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DRAGON-PEIN-SAMA's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well since Oda has made him the strongest man in the world... Confirmed it again through Sengoku.. Dont really see any point for people to argue about who is stronger. Ppl can like Shanks more than WB but no one can say hes stronger than WB.
    Dragon-D-Pein-Sama

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    I think titles like this one are taken too seriously here (same deal with Mihawk). One Piece is a vibrant world, and the real situation may change faster than the perceptions of the citizens. I still voted for Whitebeard, but not because he's "The Strongest Man in the World."

It's because he did to Akainu in 5 minutes what Aokiji couldn't do in 10 days.
    well, it wasn't just a title,but rather a matter of fact. not to mention all the statements made by the other important characters (gorosei,sengoku ecc.). surely shanks isn't much weaker,but WB really was said to be able to defeat anyone,not to mention he was ill!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I give to shanks because oda had build up shanks as a character that he is in the top and oda just teases with his power but what WB did in the war vs the marines is something that a regular human couldn't possibility handled and to add that he was really sick, it makes everyone shit their pants around WB but a healthy WB vs sharnks, i don't know the out come of this battle.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, everybody who's just coming out of the woodwork now to say 'This isn't a tournament, nobody compares skills, it's all about popularity!' I have one question? Where were you all during Enel vs Blackbeard? The Closest fight we've had in this tournament, both sides giving strong arguments, and most importantly actually analysing abilities rather than just saying 'Shanks is cool he can beat anyone!!111!1!'

Now, back to this fight - I'd honestly give it to Whitebeard, if only due to the amount of damage he caused while so injured and ill. WB, when he went mad and started stomping people of Akianu's standard (who, by the way, is still one of the strongest people in one piece behind the 4 Emperors and Rayleigh), had been stabbed repeatedly, shot with lasers, and on top of all that was dying anyway. I'm not going to talk about 'healthy' Whitebeard in this, as we haven't seen 'healthy' Whitebeard fight. But, for a bit of WB's power context, in the Battle for Marineford Squard stabbed him, Aokiji froze him, Akianu hit him with a magma attack, various marines stabbed him, Kizaru shot him with lasers, and after all that he still had enough strength left in him to practically OHKO Blackbeard AND Akianu in very rapid succession.

I appreciate Shanks is strong, as is up there in terms of the strongest OP characters, but all Shanks has done in the series so far in terms of feats is show he can spar with Mihawk and Whitebeard, and block one of Akianu's attacks with a sword. Now, bearing in mind at this point Akainu had already been beaten up by WB and fought the majority of the WB pirates, it's not all that impressive. Shanks's great conqueror's Haki won't do anything against someone as strong as WB, and while he has shown almost godly haki levels WB isn't exactly slouching either...

Plus, WB with his Nagatina and Gura Gura no mi provides him with a little bit more versatility - If he swings his Nagatina with his right arm in a wide arc while his left summons a shockwave, Shank's one arm really becomes a disadvantage.

Also, Sachsenhesse, I hope after spending the entire tournament voting against those who showed less feats, you didn't just vote for Shanks :P

Epic Brofist!

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not that Shanks is a regular badass with some of his appearances in the manga. It would be a shame if Oda does not live him name up to the badassery. I mean he was the FIRST cool character we kind of met in the series. Sure characters have been hyped? But SHANKS?... Come on, we know him from the start ...

Though to say a fight between yonko can go either way. The thing is WB was the strongest of the yonko ... supposedly, in his prime he would beat Shanks, and that STRONGEST MAN was probably about his prime more, of course I still think in a battle when WB is old and Shanks is in his current age, Shanks has the upper hand, just by a bit ...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    It's not that Shanks is a regular badass with some of his appearances in the manga. It would be a shame if Oda does not live him name up to the badassery. I mean he was the FIRST cool character we kind of met in the series. Sure characters have been hyped? But SHANKS?... Come on, we know him from the start ...

Though to say a fight between yonko can go either way. The thing is WB was the strongest of the yonko ... supposedly, in his prime he would beat Shanks, and that STRONGEST MAN was probably about his prime more, of course I still think in a battle when WB is old and Shanks is in his current age, Shanks has the upper hand, just by a bit ...
    Fair enough, if you think that, but can I please ask why? I know Shanks must be strong, but I don't understand how people can vote him above the likes of WB (or even Rayleigh!) - from all we've seen from him, I can't see him winning.

I'm not saying you're not right, but I just don't see the logic and was hoping for enlightenment...

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shanks is a yonko, 4 strong pirates that everyone are terrific to hear their name and WB and shanks got that title while Rayleigh could easily be between them or above them i he wasn't retired but when it comes a battle between titans, the battle could go either way.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    Fair enough, if you think that, but can I please ask why? I know Shanks must be strong, but I don't understand how people can vote him above the likes of WB (or even Rayleigh!) - from all we've seen from him, I can't see him winning.

I'm not saying you're not right, but I just don't see the logic and was hoping for enlightenment...
    We have seen from him so little, but can we look at this as: HAVE WE SEEN ENOUGH? ... To say for sure he is below them. He is a mystery character, but we can not underrate him just because his time to shine in the series has not come yet, but let's compare stuff:

YONKO: 4 emperors, 4 strongest pirates that rule the NW. (Now with BB being one we know 5 that have had this title.)

Whitebeard vs. Shanks

Whitebeard - yonko, strongest man in the world(do not know at what time-during the war many mentioned his time had faded), became yonko though was always seen as the strongest among them(we have not really seen Big Mom and Kaido though - if we judge fairly they are just below him, but only JUST!) Fact is Whitebeard is from a different era, I assume these 3 are from the great Age of Piracy more. How can we even compare yonko going on the title alone, we can assume they are almost all equal, and are all afraid of attacking each other.

Going by some logic Shanks seems to be the youngest of them, I would go even further to say that he became yonko earlier in his life than any of them. So how can he be weak? So young and he is at that stage? Shanks is a newer era, a different type of pirate. We can flatter WB all we want but I see Shanks as the strongest thing of the Great Age of piracy, just look at how far he got?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote for Whitebeard.

He was the strongest man after Roger and during the War with bad health managed to fight several Admirals at once and also trash Akainu, even though he already had an illness, tons of injuries and half of his face blown...

I don't really know how Shanks can logically win against Whitebeard, especially with only one arm...

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    So Whitebeard showed us more stuff than Shanks.

But then again so did Mihawk. And Shanks had like 75% more votes than Mihawk. (I was among 10 people who voted for Mihawk.)

Spoiler show

Now make Shanks beat Whitebeard too, because fuck it all, and then we'll have a one armed champion who never even fought on panel.
    Now that will be a change
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member leshrak's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted WB. Shanks never showed anything to be above WB. He sure is strong as hell but untill i see him defeating an admiral like WB did (against Akainu), he's nowhere near the old man.
    "There are some qualities, some incorporate things,/ That have a double life, which thus is made/ A type os twin entity which springs/ From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

http://pandatoryu.wordpress.com/ Brazilian blog about anime, manga and games

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Shanks! Whitebeard is only a shadow of his prime.

Shanks showed no fear who ever he was against with, in fact he pretty much does what ever he wants, and succeeded in everything he wanted to do. I believe being an ex crew of Gol D. Roger, he is the nearest to becoming the new PK, in fact he can pretty much get One Piece if he wants to, just that he doesn't. He's more interested in keeping the peace and the balance of the world. Red Hair Pirates are the Peace Corps in One Piece, making sure there is peace and balance. He only fights when it's necessary.

WB lost Ace, lost to the Marines and lost to BB, and he is dead, he died a loser.

If and when Whitebeard uses both hands, ambidexterously, Shanks has legs, but what's more important are what's above his shoulders, and Oda pretty much emphasized Shanks lost no battle power even with losing one arm.

If Squardo can drill a hole to Whitebeard, Shanks can do better. Heck I did not see WB stop Akainu's fist, only Shanks can do that, BB was not even afraid of the old man, but he waived the white flag to Shanks. Shanks, was even unscathed from his meet ups/skirmish with Kaido.

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    First of all, everybody who's just coming out of the woodwork now to say 'This isn't a tournament, nobody compares skills, it's all about popularity!'
    I read all of those comments as "Waaahh, my favorite character lost and I don't think they should have!"

Shanks is no pushover, but neither is Akainu, and Whitebeard made him look like he was.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Akainu was willing to become a pushover through WB. Yes sir, but not to Shanks, he'd rather lay it off and calm down than to fight Shanks.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast