Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is the CHAMPION?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Whitebeard

    46 50.55%
  • Shanks

    45 49.45%
Thread Closed
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 76 to 87 of 87

Thread: FINAL: Whitebeard vs. Shanks

  1. #76
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: FINAL: Whitebeard vs. Shanks

    wow! this fight has finally ended,and it's been barely won by the strongest man on earth!

  2. #77
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: FINAL: Whitebeard vs. Shanks

    How the hell did Roger not end up in the finals? Shanks got scarred by Blackbeard. He got an arm bit off by a Sea King. Even Mihawk thinks Shanks is not on his level of swordmanship. Yup, this is definitely a popularity contest.

  3. #78
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: FINAL: Whitebeard vs. Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by mickdawgx81 View Post
    How the hell did Roger not end up in the finals? Shanks got scarred by Blackbeard. He got an arm bit off by a Sea King. Even Mihawk thinks Shanks is not on his level of swordmanship. Yup, this is definitely a popularity contest.
    you are wrong: shanks was wounded by bb when the former was just an apprentice,whereas he lost an arm when he hadn't got that power yet. After that he arrived at sabaody,as Rayleigh showed. Therefore,shanks hadn't entered the new world yet,as a captain that is. Now he is one of the 4 emperors,the strongest pirates,isn't that a proof of the fact he is stronger than both bb and Mihawk? In fact,he was ready to fight bb,who went away. Not to mention the latter escaped from akainu,who was easily stopped by shanks and owned by WB.

  4. #79
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: FINAL: Whitebeard vs. Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by mickdawgx81 View Post
    How the hell did Roger not end up in the finals? Shanks got scarred by Blackbeard. He got an arm bit off by a Sea King. Even Mihawk thinks Shanks is not on his level of swordmanship. Yup, this is definitely a popularity contest.
    It's been stated that Shanks didn't get any weaker by losing his arm, consequently proving Mihawk wrong (Mihawk's statement was an incorrect one based on the loss of an arm). Also, the reason Roger isn't up there is most likely because we do not know anything about Roger's abilities.

  5. #80
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: FINAL: Whitebeard vs. Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    you are wrong: shanks was wounded by bb when the former was just an apprentice,whereas he lost an arm when he hadn't got that power yet. After that he arrived at sabaody,as Rayleigh showed. Therefore,shanks hadn't entered the new world yet,as a captain that is. Now he is one of the 4 emperors,the strongest pirates,isn't that a proof of the fact he is stronger than both bb and Mihawk? In fact,he was ready to fight bb,who went away. Not to mention the latter escaped from akainu,who was easily stopped by shanks and owned by WB.
    What are you talking about I'm wrong.

    Like I stated...BB is 1-0 vs Shanks and even stronger now also.
    BB didn't want to fight Shanks at that time, because it wasn't going to be beneficial to him.

    Remember that Shanks was the one who told WB that Ace should be careful.
    And what are you talking about he hadn't got that power yet? The arm losing incident was the first time we actually saw Haki in play from the very beginning of the manga.

    And just because he's an Emperor doesn't make him stronger than BB. BB is also an emperor. Being emperor means he is leader of 1 OF THE 4 strongest crews in the new world. Remember that. He is 1 of 4. Dragon has the highest bounty, and numerous others don't care about that title.

    How do you ignore the fact that Mihawk, 1 of 7 Shichibukai...doesn't even respect Shanks swordsmanship enough to consider him worthy of sparring with.

    ---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    It's been stated that Shanks didn't get any weaker by losing his arm, consequently proving Mihawk wrong (Mihawk's statement was an incorrect one based on the loss of an arm). Also, the reason Roger isn't up there is most likely because we do not know anything about Roger's abilities.
    ---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

    "What is stated" in a manga is a lot of time hyperbole. But we know Mihawk does not have the same respect for Shank's fighting ability as he does for Whitebeard.
    If we should go by "what is stated"...there is no higher honor in the Manga than title of Pirate King.

    Pirate King vs an Emperor (1 of 4)....hmmmm, that's a tough one.

    Well, since we know Shanks from the beginning...and have never seen Roger fight...that should make Shanks stronger then.

    Lets get something straight here...we don't even know if Shanks is even stronger than Silvers Rayleigh.

  6. #81
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: FINAL: Whitebeard vs. Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by mickdawgx81 View Post
    Like I stated...BB is 1-0 vs Shanks
    Cool story bro.

    Give me a link showing anything about that fight beside Shanks getting scratches over his eye. Giving your opponent a scar doesn't win the fight. It's not like it was a disabling wound, like Luffy got vs Akainu.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  7. #82
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Austria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: FINAL: Whitebeard vs. Shanks

    i mostly agree with mickdawgx81. I haven't seen Shanks going all out so far, have you? As for Mihawk, i don't think he doesn't take shanks serious. I think they are old rivals /friends (Mihawk going to Shanks letting him know about Luffy - that he even knew about Luffy & Shanks is a hint for a deeper relationship. Or when he left the battlefield after Shanks arrived he stated that he agreed to fight WB, not Shanks).

    As for BB - he was able do wound Shanks, before he got his ability. He was able to defeat Ace, without WB ability. Now he has his ability, the earthquake power (which he could use to "destroy the world, according to the "Great buddha") for two years and who knows what other abilities he already collected (Jinbey stated that they are hunting for strong DFs and BB is the only one i know about who could use more than one DF power). I think BB is right now the strongest of the yonkou.

    As for Shanks: i think he is one of the strongest, but i agree with mickdawgx81 that Roger would be the one to fight WB, not Shanks. Shanks wanted to stop WB back when they met. They clashed swords with each other and i don't think that Shanks won. Maybe he had a draw. A draw against an aging WB, who was the only real rival of Roger, the pirate king (as i know so far). So i just don't see Shanks on a levl with Roger or WB back in their "prime time".

    As for Shanks stopping aikanu: When shanks arrived, aikanu already fought Wb, Jimbey, Marco,......and he was just stopped, not defeated. And aikanu was stopped by marco and that swordman of WB crew, too. I doubt BB fled because he thought he had no chances of winning - the loss would have been too great (going thre w all the trouble collecting his crew and maybe loosing them fighting someone that strong - goes for both Shanks & crew & aikanu)

  8. #83
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: FINAL: Whitebeard vs. Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Cool story bro.

    Give me a link showing anything about that fight beside Shanks getting scratches over his eye. Giving your opponent a scar doesn't win the fight. It's not like it was a disabling wound, like Luffy got vs Akainu.
    There's more evidence to BB winning than there is the other way around isn't there?
    If it was a boxing/UFC fight, BB would've won by decision.

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #84
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: FINAL: Whitebeard vs. Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by mickdawgx81 View Post
    There's more evidence to BB winning than there is the other way around isn't there?
    If it was a boxing/UFC fight, BB would've won by decision.
    There is no evidence of anything else happening than Blackbeard scratching Shanks with his claw weapon. Blackbeard may have won. Shanks may have won. Or the fight was interrupted before anyone won.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #85
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Austria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: FINAL: Whitebeard vs. Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    There is no evidence of anything else happening than Blackbeard scratching Shanks with his claw weapon. Blackbeard may have won. Shanks may have won. Or the fight was interrupted before anyone won.

    you're right. But adding the power BB gained so far (and i am only talking about the ones that have been shown so far) he know has the earthquake powers, an incredibly strong ability + the darkness thing - both powers Blackbeard couldn't use in the fight between him and Shank and he still managed to scar him (something even Mihawk wasn't able to - and according to WB, they fought each other a view times). It's not proven, but the chances that Shanks is loosing are in my opinion higher than his chances of winning (even if Shanks has got a devil fruit by now, BB could take his powers away like he did with Ace.). And he is now holding the power to destroy the world^^

  13. #86
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: FINAL: Whitebeard vs. Shanks

    You do know that has nothing to do with this thread, right? Blackbeard lost in the last round, so...

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  14. #87
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Austria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: FINAL: Whitebeard vs. Shanks

    wasn't that the discusision since the second post of page 6? How the hell shanks ended up in the finals (or something like that). You even responded to that (2 times). But you are right, i suppose this is off topic.

Thread Closed
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts