Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How would YOU kill/defeat Naruto? (Literally and Figuratively)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Senju's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How would YOU kill/defeat Naruto? (Literally and Figuratively)

ofcourse it doesnt take a second to go into sage mode, you guys forgot the naruto vs pain? lol
    Spoiler show

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    I think he is just making a creative way to kill Naruto. Theres nothing about anything having to be canon or from the manga (i think anyway).

You guys turn everything into battles lol!
    Its not about a battle... Its just the fact that nobody in this manga showed this capability. Its like stating Naruto is going to kill Madara because his Rasengan makes any jutsu in the area stop working... It just makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    According to previous page or pages, where we saw him being still, he did not blink into Sage Mode. It seems that his ability to enter Sage Mode quickly is quite exaggerated.
    Oh you can't be this nitpiking... Look at the first pic above:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/555/10

This is where he finds out how to take him down and forms his plan. At that point he wanted to go into SM to get him. To that point he had NO idea about said plan...
    After this you see him closing his eyes and the marks apearing on his face.

To go into SM its not just about standing still, you also need to concentrate and its not an easy thing to do, he was having a chat with Bee and the 8 tails before that.

We also have him in the cave entering SM on the fly.
    We also have Kabuto entering SM on the fly.

Then we have Naruto in his mind entering SM before his clones got to hit Kurama:
    He jumps here:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/499/6
    Then BAM:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/499/7
    Sage mode... Its close to blinking dude... Those clones did not get to fall on the ground or get to Kurama before he was in SM... Just about instantly it was... Yes...

Same shit here:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/535/3

You can nitpick all you whant but i asure you Naruto did not whant to bust trough them from the start of said discussion.. He decided that when they refused to allow him after said discussion was done...

Quote Originally Posted by Senju View Post
    ofcourse it doesnt take a second to go into sage mode, you guys forgot the naruto vs pain? lol
    We are not fergeting anything.. Thing is we are not forgeting the rest of the manga following said event where he trained and improved by a good degree...
    Last edited by xXan; February 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

But it also doesn't prove Naruto can get into Sage Mode that quickly either. If he was just speaking to Bee, he would not need to be still for that long, if at all. I see no reason to believe that he can get into Sage Mode quickly enough when almost every time we saw him do it, he had enough time staying still.
    What do you mean he wouldnt need to be still that long? We have seen the process Naruto goes through when he goes into SM, and that was it.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto starts being still here. He doesn't need to know the plan, he can be preparing to go into Sage Mode by staying still and gathering chakra. Naruto could have also come up with the assumption that the Raikage hurt himself, and he wanted to talk to Hachibi to confirm that or to get more information.

Naruto may have entered Sage Mode on the fly (which I doubt), but it apparently didn't last long enough as he returned to normal.

Naruto entering Sage Mode against Kyuubi means nothing as the actual Naruto was still and could enter Sage Mode, which allowed the mind-Naruto to enter Sage Mode as well. Those Naruto didn't try to go into Sage Mode, that was the actual Naruto in the real world sitting that went into Sage MOde.

And reading when he went into Sage Mode at the cave, Naruto was for the most part standin still, mainly talking and moving his arms, hands, and fingers. You can't say he entered Sage Mode in a flash as for about two or three pages, he was still.

I'm not nitpicking at all, I'm merely pointing out what the manga shows. Sadly, nothing shows that you're right or wrong, just that there's two different possibilities. I'd love to believe Naruto can enter Sage Mode in a flash, as I prefer that mode over Kyuubi chakra mode.

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

What do you mean he wouldnt need to be still that long? We have seen the process Naruto goes through when he goes into SM, and that was it.
    Honestly, I forgot what I meant by that. But Naruto does have to be still for more than an eye blink to get into Sage Mode, from what we've seen. At least, nothing disproves that.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I forgot what I meant by that. But Naruto does have to be still for more than an eye blink to get into Sage Mode, from what we've seen. At least, nothing disproves that.
    Blinking is an exaggeration true, but it doesnt take him long at all. The time isnt really noticeable.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it doesn't seem noticeable because he's not in a situation where he'd be killed or anything. Even against Madara when it was taking him a while, there were others running interference and giving him time to get into Sage Mode.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@M3J

I wonder when you are going to understand its irrelevant when he starts standing still and the fact that it only becomes relevant when he starts actualy getting into SM... Stanting still is not = to entering SM or anybody in this entire manga would be poping SM... You need to stand still and CONCENTRATE like crazy... Talking and formulating plants is defenetly out of the question... You need to focus and balance chakra to extreme levels...

He only whent into SM so he can dodge a point blank attack from Raikage... If not for that he would have used chakra mode... Him going into SM was a direct result of him wanting to get that point blank shot a try.
    Naruto had no asumtions before, he wanted to ASK how it happened...
    Let's start with why he whent SM:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/555/13
    To be able to pull said stunt off, said so by himself there.
    It becomes obvious his idea started here:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/555/9
    When the 8 tails told him the both of them when down with the jutsu active.
    If you need more evidence that it was at that point when he got the idea read the bottom left panel here:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/555/15
    And top right panel here:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/555/16

Quote Quote:
    Naruto may have entered Sage Mode on the fly (which I doubt), but it apparently didn't last long enough as he returned to normal.
    Of course as the battle was over lol. He was also in SM to the last moment we noticed him ON panel after hitting Raikage:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/555/16
    He lost SM(released it as it was over) after he was off panel man.

Quote Quote:
    Naruto entering Sage Mode against Kyuubi means nothing as the actual Naruto was still and could enter Sage Mode, which allowed the mind-Naruto to enter Sage Mode as well. Those Naruto didn't try to go into Sage Mode, that was the actual Naruto in the real world sitting that went into Sage MOde.
    The point was not if Naruto needs to stand still as HE DOES... The point was HOW FAST he can do it and Naruto entered in a blink of an eye there to. So it does means something ... Its a clear show of the SPEED of SM activation when Naruto IS standing still... A blink of an eye.... Well em 2 eyes. Clones whent from no SM in an instant. Those clones had 0 senjutsu chakra and then had senjutsu chakra. Naruto's clones follow the real's state completly. Before closing his eyes Naruto had 0 senjutsu chakra and then just about instantly he started having those marks on his eyes and the clones when SM.
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/499/7
    You can see his eyes turning there.

Quote Quote:
    And reading when he went into Sage Mode at the cave, Naruto was for the most part standin still, mainly talking and moving his arms, hands, and fingers. You can't say he entered Sage Mode in a flash as for about two or three pages, he was still.
    You need to hold your entire body still or you can't enter SM... Remember his training? He had to keep perfect balance or fall from that spike way up... JMan had to hold his hands togeder to even summon Ma/Pa for frog mode. Also and again standing still does not mean one is entering SM... You need to jude when he would feel the need to use it and that is AFTER they refused to let him out... The hell you belive he activated SM because his friends where there talking with him? Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

Quote Quote:
    I'm not nitpicking at all, I'm merely pointing out what the manga shows. Sadly, nothing shows that you're right or wrong, just that there's two different possibilities. I'd love to believe Naruto can enter Sage Mode in a flash, as I prefer that mode over Kyuubi chakra mode.
    I disagree very strongly with this. Manga showed Naruto in 3 diferent points in time entering SM as fast as blinking (well not really but close enough). Same for Kabuto.

You have to understand that the MOMENT you start getting NE physical change are following just about instantly... You change into a frog or you go into Sage Mode or you go ape shit like Juugo... Think of Pein and what happened when Naruto started chaneling NE... He started going frog statue mode just about instantly...

The only time when he needed more time to pop SM is when he was just a clone badly damaged (yes clone damaged, he even asked Tsunade to heal him) and completly dry of his own chakra....

Even vs Tobi and it was fast. Naruto poped a clone and only after a very short time the clone not only whent SM but also detected where ALL the pipes where in the bijus.

PS. The "in a blink" was alwaya a figure of speech.
    Last edited by xXan; February 26, 2013 at 03:46 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it doesn't seem noticeable because he's not in a situation where he'd be killed or anything. Even against Madara when it was taking him a while, there were others running interference and giving him time to get into Sage Mode.
    I guess it depends on the duration of SM. But from the link you and xXan provided, it just seems to reinforce the blinking idea rather than disprove it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One way to kill naruto is giving a plate full or ramen with a strong poison with paralyse side effects.. naruto will eat that ramen in a second
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan
    Never ever has anybody showed the ability to genjutsu an army the way you sugest... There is no way Sasuke is going to trow said ilusion over an army... You really have to show me this one... When has anybody in this entire manga placed an ENTIRE ARMY (as you yourself put it) into genjutsu?

What the hell? I didn't say Sasuke would cast Genjutsu on an army, lmao. I said he'd make a Genjutsu that makes the trees around Naruto all look like Sasuke, so he'd think that Sasuke used Tajuu Kage Bunshin.

LOL, you were SO READY to jump to Naruto's defense you didn't even read my post! It wasn't even a SERIOUS one!

Good job, so6pww.

For the "Naruto can't get cut by a sword in Sage Mode" nonsense, you already know which two manga scans I'm gonna show you, so I'll just let you look them up yourself. I'll give you a hint though: both manga scans have to do with Sages being cut by regular, unenhanced blades despite sensing abilities and increased durability.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Also, the speed that Naruto can achieve Sage Mode isn't as quick as Sasuke can catch him in Genjutsu, so the point is moot. Behold: http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/477/15 One panel, one glance.

Zero seconds.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it depends on the duration of SM. But from the link you and xXan provided, it just seems to reinforce the blinking idea rather than disprove it.
    I don't see how, when we've seen Naruto standing still to get into Sage Mode. It could take him maybe ten to sixty seconds to get into Sage Mode, and maybe he's mastered it enough that he can talk while gathering natural energy. But nothing so far proves that he can get into Sage Mode as fast as he can blink since every time he's entered Sage Mode, he's been standing still.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Also, the speed that Naruto can achieve Sage Mode isn't as quick as Sasuke can catch him in Genjutsu, so the point is moot. Behold: http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/477/15 One panel, one glance.

Zero seconds.
    That didn't include the time it took him to activate his sharingan. While he is doing that naruto is closing his eyes to activate sage mode, so yeah...

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Sasuke just killed Naruto at the Valley of the End and the series continued on with just Sasuke, I'd probably be a lot more excited about watching/reading, Naruto.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    What the hell? I didn't say Sasuke would cast Genjutsu on an army, lmao. I said he'd make a Genjutsu that makes the trees around Naruto all look like Sasuke, so he'd think that Sasuke used Tajuu Kage Bunshin.

LOL, you were SO READY to jump to Naruto's defense you didn't even read my post! It wasn't even a SERIOUS one!

Good job, so6pww.

For the "Naruto can't get cut by a sword in Sage Mode" nonsense, you already know which two manga scans I'm gonna show you, so I'll just let you look them up yourself. I'll give you a hint though: both manga scans have to do with Sages being cut by regular, unenhanced blades despite sensing abilities and increased durability.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Zero seconds.
    How the hell would he use a genjutsu to make the trees around him look like Sasuke?
    He would need to cast a genjutsu on Naruto and HIS CLONES for them to see that... Or are you telling me genjutsu can now turn trees into diferent stuff?

You said Sasuke would use a genjutsu on Naruto's army (himself and the clones) and because the clones can't be really be effected by genjutsu he will be the only one to make a diferent action and so Sasuke would know who is the real one.

You seriously need to elaborate here as i defenetly read what you said and what you just said makes no sense.

Oh and Naruto dferently knows Sasuke can't do clones but i did not address that before as it was not relevant. Sasuke can just make something else apear to get a reaction from Naruto.

Quote Quote:
    Em please show me as i don't know what you are refering to.

Quote Quote:

Zero seconds.
    Yes because i was refering to SM Naruto and not CM Naruto and he does not have Kurama on his side. I sugest you read what i said again. Never did i claim Naruto is to fast in SM for Sasuke to but a genjutsu on him. I said Naruto in CM is.

@narutotheory

Sasuke and the EMO party... No thx i prefer Naruto anyday.
    Last edited by xXan; February 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan
    How the hell would he use a genjutsu to make the trees around him look like Sasuke?
    He would need to cast a genjutsu on Naruto and HIS CLONES for them to see that... Or are you telling me genjutsu can now turn trees into diferent stuff?

This is the second time you deliberately ignored what I typed inorder to give yourself something to complain about. I'm not even correcting you this time.

Read what I typed, specifically what I said about clones.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast