Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MH Manga Awards 2012 General Discussion

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MH Manga Awards 2012 - Best Manga of All Time

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    In little over 12 hours, the threads will be closed, and we will launch the next phase of the awards!

Please keep in mind, that the next phase is only for content released in 2012. So if someone would like to nominate a plot twist, that plot twist should've happened in 2012.

There's also another requirement...the titles that can be nominated are limited to the ones that started publishing at least in 2009. So only 2009 - present day manga are allowed.
    I know that it probably is too late for sharing my opinion but i don´t really like this requirement, it is way too limited which will, in my opinion, make the quality of the nominations decrease. I liked the "system" for the anime awards 2012 better with 2 categories whose only difference was "all time" and "2012 only".

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I know that it probably is too late for sharing my opinion but i don´t really like this requirement, it is way too limited which will, in my opinion, make the quality of the nominations decrease. I liked the "system" for the anime awards 2012 better with 2 categories whose only difference was "all time" and "2012 only".
    Thank you for your input. Basically by making two types of categories, we're trying to cater members who think that awards like these are "repetitive" since the winners are always be the same, and also the other members who think that such repetition would not become a huge problem. Also, we're hoping that members would help promoting new series in 2012 categories.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Just to be sure about a few things. I imagine that 2009 is the publish date in japan not the date the scanlation started. But does it correspond to the first prepublication chapter or the first volume ? For example Kuroko no basket first chapter was jump 2009 issue 2 which was probably out in december 2008, its first volume was in april 2009 so does it apply or not ?
    Unfortunately serialization year comes first, not volume releases, so Kuroko no Basket is not eligible...and yeah, the rule refers to the official publication year, not scanlation
    Quote Quote:
    Also wouldn't it be better that the best manga is renamed into best comic so as to include manhwa too ?
    We have best manhwa/manhua separately...well for this year at least...but if you have reasoning for merging those together, please shoot...

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MH Manga Awards 2012 - Best Manga of 2012 Discussion thread

Well it's because there is already best shonen, seinen and shoujo separately so i don't really understand the purpose of best manga. If it's the best of all comic categories then it should include manhwa too don't you think ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Unfortunately serialization year comes first, not volume releases, so Kuroko no Basket is not eligible...and yeah, the rule refers to the official publication year, not scanlation

We have best manhwa/manhua separately...well for this year at least...but if you have reasoning for merging those together, please shoot...
    Tower of God & Noblesse have become serious contenders for "Best Asian Comic".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the Best Mangaka of 2012 category for any mangaka that has a new serialization between 2009 and 2012, or is it for any mangaka that has gotten their first serialization between 2009 and 2012?

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattC302 View Post
    Is the Best Mangaka of 2012 category for any mangaka that has a new serialization between 2009 and 2012, or is it for any mangaka that has gotten their first serialization between 2009 and 2012?
    Both conditions are eligible to be nominated.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Geez lol I'm struggling to come up with nominations. I am currently reading like 50 ongoing manga and have completed over 130, but it turns out most of them started before 2009...
    Last edited by MattC302; March 16, 2013 at 08:00 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattC302 View Post
    Geez lol I'm struggling to come up with nominations. I read currently reading like 50 ongoing manga and have completed over 130, but it turns out most of them started before 2009...
    Yep it´s hard, on the other hand, i understand the attempt to make the winners of the awards vary more.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry because I can't get what this award is about (the 2012 part), because even in the oldes some new characters were introduced at that time line that you want 2009-2012 so why can't I nominate them? Like Roxanne from Claymore she is very recent in the release (I don't know when she was introduced because I as a Claymore fan with the monthly release I get lost in dates but I'm positive that she wasn't introduced before that time). So why can't I nominate her?

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    I'm sorry because I can't get what this award is about (the 2012 part), because even in the oldes some new characters were introduced at that time line that you want 2009-2012 so why can't I nominate them? Like Roxanne from Claymore she is very recent in the release (I don't know when she was introduced because I as a Claymore fan with the monthly release I get lost in dates but I'm positive that she wasn't introduced before that time). So why can't I nominate her?
    Hi, thank you for your comment. In those 2012 categories, we're arranging the nominations based on the date of manga serialization as a whole, with the exception of moment categories, where you're allowed to nominate manga from any year, as long as the content is published within the year of 2012. I know you might be disappointed by this, but maybe next year we would have best female character of all time so you can nominate a new female character in Claymore.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Hi, thank you for your comment. In those 2012 categories, we're arranging the nominations based on the date of manga serialization as a whole, with the exception of moment categories, where you're allowed to nominate manga from any year, as long as the content is published within the year of 2012. I know you might be disappointed by this, but maybe next year we would have best female character of all time so you can nominate a new female character in Claymore.
    Wow, i did not know that. I honestly thought the "2009 rule" also applies to the moment categories

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm.. I checked the shoujo nominations and there are none, and I have a theory why.

I wanted to nominate but when I checked my reading list (including those already completed), I noticed everything was earlier than 2009 hahahaha. I'm sure there are newer shoujo titles out there but we all know there are no weekly shoujo releases, add to the fact that there are slow scanlation releases too. So it's quite hard to nominate recent works that have very few chapters out. :/

The good ones you would know because they get a steady release over a couple of years.

Just sayin.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    hmm.. I checked the shoujo nominations and there are none, and I have a theory why.

I wanted to nominate but when I checked my reading list (including those already completed), I noticed everything was earlier than 2009 hahahaha. I'm sure there are newer shoujo titles out there but we all know there are no weekly shoujo releases, add to the fact that there are slow scanlation releases too. So it's quite hard to nominate recent works that have very few chapters out. :/

The good ones you would know because they get a steady release over a couple of years.

Just sayin.
    I agree that shoujo category deserved more love. IMHO, who's not an expert in shoujo, I still believe that there are still well-received shoujo manga out there which get steady scanlation releases, like Taiyou no Ie and the recently "cancelled" Orange would be two of the examples.

But probably here, shoujo & josei itself aren't really that popular at the first time, which is very regrettable.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought of Orange too, since that was recent, but, since it was cancelled...

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast