Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HSDK Chapter 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions

Well, chapter is out finally.

A miu chapter but it was not all bad. I guess it all came down to miu's lack of focus. Being worried about killer her enemy, being worried of her other personality, being scared of her own power.... It is a tad uninteresting but miu is after all the strongest disciple class fighter in the manga so like with other flawless characters it is necessary to have something bring them down rather than actually showing them grow. It is interesting that the ki to controlling dou ki would be to simply let go.

Next chapter we should see miu finally easily overpowering rimi and then we move on to other fights. Berserker, rachel, kushinada and natsu will be left. I hope we get some information on natsu's fight, that has been going on long enough without us seeing anything. Perhaps the lack of screen time is an indication that natsu will defeat seigfried which would be a shame. I don't expect natsu to kill seigfried though.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Athrin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSD Kenichi Spoiler Thread

I could be in the minority, but all these crotch shots and strategically place rips makes it hard for me to read this manga at times. The chapter was great because Miu finally got her senses back, but damn was all that fan service necessary?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenichi's move against Berserker was just awesome. Made this chapter for me.

Miu's "fly" is supposed to be super cool, but it is incredibly hard for me to take hot naked girl seriously.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter sucked balls. This fight has been so drawn out. Gosh just end it already. I'm sick of seeing Miu naked.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

I hate posting negative thoughts all the time, but the series sucks so bad right now.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions

Miu vs. Rimi part II: GET.IT.OVER.WITH.ALREADY!!!

This fight sucks so much. Makes no sense, the action scenes also suck, the fan service is too over the top.

Definitely agree with the above that this series has just been shitty, for quite a while now.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, to be fair miu vs rimi is in all likelihood ending next chapter. I don't think the series has been particularly shitty though, I mean, why? Admittedly the fight between miu and rimi has been drawn out but it has given us a few insights as to what dou ki really is about. Takeda vs lugh was a pretty good fight and takeda grew quite a bit by figuring out what his master was teaching him and awakening his sei ki (which in all likelihood puts him ahead of kenichi in some ways). Kisara vs chikage is bound to be uninteresting (kisara's only plausible form of growth is random stuff in the middle of battle as she lacks a master and is a dou ki user) however there is no reason for seigfried vs natsu or kenichi vs berserker to be boring at all. Rachel vs renka could go either way. Renka has little development however it is also a good chance for her to get some. Honestly though, fan service has been a part of this manga from day one. If fan service is a problem then the only logical alternative is to not read this manga at all.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    This chapter sucked balls. This fight has been so drawn out. Gosh just end it already. I'm sick of seeing Miu naked.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

I hate posting negative thoughts all the time, but the series sucks so bad right now.
    Couldnt agree more... not to mention how cliche and cheesy this chapter was. I dont think this could have being written in a more cliche and predictable way than that. Also the fights became so horribly generic, i know some people liked Takeds vs Lugh but all i could see is tons of punches/grab moves being throw at random and whenever someone uses any "special" skill right now all you get are more spam of kicks/punches with an explanation just to show how is it any different than the regular punches, there is not any technique or principal involved like in most of kenichis earlier fights where the moves were based on real martial arts and you could see them being executed properly. I never liked most of the master fights because it fells just like dbz a constant spam of punches/kicks with nothing resembling martial arts but now the disciple fights are just looking exactly like that.
    Last edited by Unholy; February 22, 2013 at 07:00 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, special techniques have always been kinda just that in this manga, punches, kicks, grapples or throws with names. The only variation from that are ki related techniques however those are the vast minority of techniques we see. There usually is a reason as to why there is a nme to a technique though. Mangas where techniques are anything more than what we see here are usually the ones where ki can be shaped into cool things, not just aimed or push at things. Heck, ki in this manga does so much less than in others that even a full powered ki blast from the elder is merely capable of knocking out regular people rather than blowing up cities or things along the lines of that.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Deadbear's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So am I the only one who saw KENICHI do something amazing in the chapter? He executed Ryuusui Seikuken perfectly on BERSERKER of all people. Y'all remember him right? The fighting prodigy that taught himself to fight in a manner that is basically unpredictable. Remember the trouble that Hermit had against him? And Takeda? His tactics and techniques are essentially based on whim. I imagine fighting him is sort of like fighting someone using the Gameku technique all the time. Ryuusui Seikuken should be of limited use against him but Kenichi performed it perfectly. And most conspicuously Ryuuto was amazed that it worked.
    And whatever cliche moments there were, the moment that Miu gained control of her dou ki - with Kenichi's help and encouragement no less - made the obsessed fanshipper in me geek out all over my computer.
    Honestly, people, if you can't get beyond the admittedly absurd level of fanservice then stop reading. Even at its least ecchi level this manga has boobs and ass popping out everywhere (*cough* pun intended).
    Last edited by Deadbear; February 22, 2013 at 09:26 PM.
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. --Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
    I dare you to find a more badass quote.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mr Untouchable's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenichi is my boy he used ryuusi seikuken and made Berserker run into a pole

anyways I'm convinced Miu will be Kenichi's final fight in the manga and the chapter when he surpasses her

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lost0's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbear View Post
    So am I the only one who saw KENICHI do something amazing in the chapter? He executed Ryuusui Seikuken perfectly on BERSERKER of all people. Y'all remember him right? The fighting prodigy that taught himself to fight in a manner that is basically unpredictable. Remember the trouble that Hermit had against him? And Takeda? His tactics and techniques are essentially based on whim. I imagine fighting him is sort of like fighting someone using the Gameku technique all the time. Ryuusui Seikuken should be of limited use against him but Kenichi performed it perfectly. And most conspicuously Ryuuto was amazed that it worked.
    And whatever cliche moments there were, the moment that Miu gained control of her dou ki - with Kenichi's help and encouragement no less - made the obsessed fanshipper in me geek out all over my computer.
    Honestly, people, if you can't get beyond the admittedly absurd level of fanservice then stop reading. Even at its least ecchi level this manga has boobs and ass popping out everywhere (*cough* pun intended).

Lol your comments about Berserker are a little over the top, but at least it was comical. Gave me a good laugh

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Am I the only one who's annoyed by the fact that Rimi act like she's the strongest master in the world ? Her attitude is a bit to much, she makes comments like she's been fighting and training all her life. Can't wait until Miu wrecks her.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

MS version is up too:

http://mangastream.com/read/hsdk/96108457/1

And you disliked Akira vs Silcardo. We actually saw high level techniques and counters there, not just random hits going back and forth.

Miu getting a hold of her ki is an important step. Rimi should not be a match now and the battle must come to an end next chapter.

What I want the most is Chikage's fight, this is her moment of choosing betweeen 2 paths. I can freely say that and not "I want Hermit vs Siegfried" to look like a hipster.
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; February 23, 2013 at 01:53 AM.

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The absurd amount of fan service is one problem, but I have not complained about that greatly over the years. I've only complained about the ecchi when it became too excessive especially in certain girl fights. It's difficult to focus on the martial arts aspect of the battles when you have boobs and shots of crotches plastered over half the freaking panels . Anyway! My bigger issues lie with the overall direction of the story, Kenichi's character development, and too much attention given to Miu the past two and half arcs.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OcasoEterno04's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah sh*t, berserker noticed that kenichi gets overpowered when miu is in the equation, I have this feeling that after miu gets rimi's ass kicked he's going to threat her life to get kenichi serious.
    About the ecchi I generally just don't care because well it's fanservice for christ's sake but this time I got kind of annoyed, but ignoring that, I liked this chapter! kenichi actually used the ryusuu(?) seikuken on berserker perfectly and that is quite amazing.
    Honestly the only interesting fight(for me) is kenichi vs berserker cause I wanna see how strong berserker is now after 400 chapters
    <b><font color=black>GO BIG</font></b>

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's no longer HSDK its "HSDM". I for one am not content with the fact Kenichi has been progressively receiving less & less attention as the story goes on, and Miu has been steadily becoming more of the focal point. If you read the last two arcs, you'll have a hard time remembering that Kenichi is still the main protagonist. Also, his character development as a martial artist has been another issue of mine. Kenich's growth is simply not same as it was earlier in the story. From the time Sakaki and Akira had their little saga to this point in the story Kenichi really hasn't made any noticeable leaps in his growth as a martial artist. I seriously doubt he's gotten a great deal stronger from the time he KO'd both of Akira's disciples to this point in time right now. On the other hand Miu has been receiving power up after power up to the point where Kenichi literally has no chance of ever surpassing her let alone being her equal one day. I know all of you may not agree with me, but that's just how I feel on the matter. These things are unsettling to me, so I'm naturally going to voice my displeasure as a loyal reader/fan.

Another issue of mine is when is the author going to add a little more variety or diversity to the story? The plot has become fairly predictable. It's a continuous cycle of big disciple fight/big master fight over and over and over again. We need to see a little more change in the story. The author has been playing it relatively safe when dealing with the good guys. Matsuena has made it impossible for one of them to actually die in a fight, so we know what to expect when they battle. The author wont dispose of any of the side characters (Shinpaku Alliance members) as well. It's lame. I've read numerous shounen mangas where some of the good guys have lost or died, but eventually still won in the end. Why cant HSDK be a little more like that? Killing a character is just one suggestion of mine, but there are plenty of other things the author could do to spice up the story a bit more. Also, when the hell are we going to see "Eternal Sunset"? It was brought up a few hundred chapters ago and it gets hinted at every now and then. That's it though....I don't believe the current direction of the plot is helping towards getting to that event.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

I guess I may be nitpicking a bit, but right now HSDK is simply not as interesting as it was in the past. I remember the days where I dreaded over waiting a week for another chapter to come out. Now? It's like I could really care less about them...I continue to read though in hopes the story may turn itself around.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; February 23, 2013 at 01:51 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast