Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SPOILER: Kurapika's reappearance question

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SPOILER: Kurapika's reappearance question

Spoiler show

I thought for sure you didn't read any of my responses but your last response (not to me) seems to indicate you do, somewhat. I'm going to just point out a few things that you were wrong on on your post to me BUT I do respect your opinions and I DO think you have a decent understanding of the Manga. I want to reiterate that you probably should re-read the manga as you have missed some of the finer points also your hate of Phantam Troupe is very funny. Anyways I'm going to respond paragraph by paragraph.

Strength in numbers? LOL this kills your comment
    BOO-YAH!

Hisoka's prophecy said he gives up information period. IF you would re-read or watch the arc again you would see Hisoka literally watching the Spiders when they rampage after Uvo's death. He was studying them! SIMPLE AS THAT. 1 and
    2 So he definitely knew a few of their powers from that alone.

People think the Spiders can beat Kurapika because they know all of his SHOWN abilities (from Paku's sacrifice). Once again knowing someones abilities and them not knowing yours would give you a crazy advantage in a Nen battle. His only advantage to them was that if they killed him his Nen might instant kill Chrollo but I think his index finger ability would be the true advantage. Ignoring the manipulation because you have to make an ability and be 100% effective to get anything out of it. Kurapika is capable of that but obviously he doesn't care to do that. Also according to the prophecy he is focused on killing the spiders since he took out 5 of them in one week and Chrollo never made a comment about Uvo being manipulated being bad, YOU ARE MAKING THAT UP.

Judgement Chain is actually one of the most efficient uses of Nen that we've seen. He can use it however he wants. By limiting someone and their abilities, by getting information, or by setting a rule that can't be accomplished (which would insta-kill). He knows when its taken off because thats just a part of En. It's whatever about him knowing about a Nen remover although they are SUPER rare and his type of Nen would be hard to remove as the backlash could kill. I know after Greed Island it was implied Chrollo found someone but its NOT PROVEN so whatever.

Kurapika was never against capital punishment. Everyone just thought it wasn't good to be so vengeful (as he was risking friends and his own life for it) Kurapika's killed at LEAST 6 spiders in the prophecy so your whole he doesn't want to kill, he wants to reform argument is obviously wrong. He's just not stupid enough to kill and not gather information on the others and risk them all jumping him at once. THATS WHY THE PROPHECY HAD HIM KILLING THEM ONE BY ONE. Not yelling just stating the obvious facts.
    Last edited by Tenacious Weezy; February 24, 2013 at 12:27 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

My original question was if you think that Chrollo has removed Kurapika nen, please respond

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    My original question was if you think that Chrollo has removed Kurapika nen, please respond
    Nope

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yep

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably.

I can't say for sure. But for me, Kurapika's very short reappearance and his behavior implies that. It has been months since Yorknew so Chrollo had plenty of time to remove his Nen. Kurapika's distant behavior makes me think that he is either: a) avoiding Gon and friends to protect them; b) not setting Gon and friends as a priority compared to everything else that's on his mind.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To answer your question, futurefrog, I'm going to go with yes.

There's a page somewhere that shows Hisoka and Abengane meeting up with Kuroro during or after the ants. It seemed as if it was somewhat off-screen. Along with Cinnabar's description of Kurapika's recent behavior.

Found it: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/hunte...nter/v20/c201/

Unless there were some complications with the nen-removal, I'm going to say there is a possibility that the nen has been removed. This page is really left open to interpretation.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; February 24, 2013 at 08:41 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Read chapter 339 again and I still think his appearance was just fan service because a lot of characters were shown past and present in that chapter. Kurapika ignored Leorio but from the images it seemed like he was grieving (in a church, wearing black, red eyeballs and roses), would you answer your phone at a funeral?

Hisoka who was helping Chrollo find a nen remover didn't mention anything about him nor was he looking for him. The Spiders last appearance as a group showed them trying to pick a new temporary leader while beating up on ants so there's that as well. Eventually if this story finishes he'll have his nen removed but this story started in 1998 and its continually on Hiatus, guessing isn't as much fun when it takes years to get a hint.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But even before, when Gon was hospitalized, Leorio was trying to contact Kurapika and couldn't get a hold of him. Unless he was having another funeral, it seems odd that he wouldn't even pick up the phone or see Gon in the hospital.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I agree. It could be assumed that Kurapika is very busy with his own issues and I'm sure we'll find out what exactly. I just don't think you can relate his absence from Gon (where was his Aunt? Obviously his Faja never saw him, etc) to Chrollo removing the judgement chain from his heart.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Illumi mention something about Hisoka "playing tag" with Chrollo? Sort of implies judgment chain's been removed. That, or Chrollo refused to have his Nen unlocked for whatever reason.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Didn't Illumi mention something about Hisoka "playing tag" with Chrollo? Sort of implies judgment chain's been removed. That, or Chrollo refused to have his Nen unlocked for whatever reason.
    right here

Pretty vague though doesn't really do anything but let you know they were together which we already knew.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Most likely.

Although makes me wonder if Hisoka and Kuroro already fought and if not...why?
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Most likely.

Since Ilumi referred to 'tag' that means Kuroro obviously wasn't interested in fighting Hisoka at all. And why would he be? Hisoka's ability isn't particularly useful for him. Hisoka's ability still relies on the fact that he generally has superior physical stats than his opponent. Kuroro, being Specialization, is unlikely to rely on physical strength based techniques. None of his displayed abilities are dependent on superior physical strength. Although Kuroro is good at fighting and does not fear death, he clearly has no intention of getting into unnecessary fights to the death.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Most likely.

Hisoka would be dead if they fought. Chrollo is in the same league as Netero and Killua's Faja. He also has no reason to run away or hide from Hisoka either so the tag metaphor probably just means he's playing silly games trying to help Chrollo when he could have fought the chairman or ants. I hate assumptions but logic lead me to that conclusion based on the spiders still being leaderless last time we saw them.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Chrollo can use Nen now,when his nen was sealed Hisoka said he is a broken toy but he is in the box now.

Spoiler show
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast