Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Kuroro vs Hisoka

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kuroro

    38 47.50%
  • Hisoka

    42 52.50%
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 82

Thread: Kuroro vs Hisoka

  1. #1
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kisame123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Kuroro vs Hisoka

    I wanted to start a discussion/prediction on probably the most hottest subject in HxH, who do you think would win, Kuroro or Hisoka? personally, my bets are on Kuroro simply because he hasn't demonstrated his power to the fullest of his abilities yet. there is mostly speculation and hype, for example, Zeno hinting a different outcome to their battle had Kuroro wanted to kill him. Kuroro has yet to reveal the full extent of his abilities, unlike Hisoka, and I'm starting to wonder if there really is a "full"? the guy has stolen so many nen abilities, he has an encyclopedia for nen techniques and can use any type which is far more impressive than Hisoka's arsenal. likewise, Kuroro's physical abilities are beyond Hisoka's, the speed at which he moves barely be seen by nen users. he was even able to go against Zeno and Silva countering, defending, and attacking while trying to steal their abilities. in terms of powers and abilities, Kuroro is a frightening man.

    however, I'm more interested in judging these characters by their roles and importance in the plot. one would think that Hisoka would eventually kill Kuroro. Hisoka is critical for the development of the main character, he has to fight Gon one day. Kuroro technically has been defeated and lost his purpose, or did he? we know that his prediction was pretty favorable to him even taking into account Hisoka's prediction, so he may just have some role to play. his goal was "revolution" and it looks like he's definitely going to put that plan into effect. the fact that he still exists somewhere in the story using Hisoka to restore his powers, only improves his chances. Kuroro's powers, if they do return, won't be restored for nothing nor will they be brought back just for Hisoka to fodderize. obviously, his character and powers have some further purpose in the story. personally, I have a feeling that Kuroro and Hisoka will actually develop a good partnership that goes beyond fighting as hinted by Kuroro's prediction.
    Last edited by kisame123; May 02, 2010 at 10:35 PM.
    Square Enix is the cheapest slut in gaming. Do not buy Final Fantasy for the outdated Xbox360!

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kuroro vs Hisoka

    i go with hisoka, just maybe kuroro is physically superior, but hisoka is a nenmonster, he felt the young zaoldyek in zetsu, which was even a surprise for norinaga and mati

    also his abilitys are fucking broken, i dont know what its called in english... bungeegum, his technique where he attach his aura to an person, is really useful and versatile, once he gets his opponent he has no more ways to run

    "tartextur" his second (how i said, i dont really know how they called this in english) is really underrated, i mean its perfect for traps...

    and kuroro can only use the stolen abilitys with the open book, i go with hisoka

  3. #3
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    Norway
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kuroro vs Hisoka

    I'd like to intervene and remind you about the Genei Ryodan arm-wrestling rating (Vol 10, chapter 84), where Hisoka was number 3 and Kuroro were number 7. I just feel that Hisoka has been presented through the arcs as a fighter with incredible physical abilities, greater than your average high level nen user, and greater than Kuroro. When it comes to fighting tactics and nen abilities though, Kuroro should have the upper hand. I really look forward to the fight.

  4. #4
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kisame123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kuroro vs Hisoka

    Quote Originally Posted by Sachsenhesse View Post
    i go with hisoka, just maybe kuroro is physically superior, but hisoka is a nenmonster, he felt the young zaoldyek in zetsu, which was even a surprise for norinaga and mati

    also his abilitys are fucking broken, i dont know what its called in english... bungeegum, his technique where he attach his aura to an person, is really useful and versatile, once he gets his opponent he has no more ways to run

    "tartextur" his second (how i said, i dont really know how they called this in english) is really underrated, i mean its perfect for traps...

    and kuroro can only use the stolen abilitys with the open book, i go with hisoka
    Hisoka at most can only deter Illumi, whereas Kuroro had a chance of victory against the legendary Zeno and Silva, who are simply beyond Hisoka. there is a distinct level between these fighters, how they rate on the scale depending on their hype. I won't say that Kuroro is the strongest we've seen, since Netero is stronger than Zeno and Mereum is stronger than even him. however, going back to the previous arcs when the power levels and ratings were lower, Kuroro was perhaps the strongest fighter we've seen. as for physical abilities, I think Hisoka is physically stronger than Kuroro, but is he faster or a better fighter? Kuroro's speed is too difficult to track even for nen users and his fighting abilities were able to keep Zeno and Silva at bay while being distracted by his ridiculous requirements for stealing other nen abilities.

    'bungee gum' is a good technique, almost invincible against lower tier fighters. however, we've seen Kuroro teleport people, who's to say he can't do that to himself? imagine a scenario where Hisoka manages to attach bungee gum to Kuroro, who simply teleports himself to another location. the bungee gum will not be able to basically rip a wormhole in spacetime and stick to Kuroro, it will be taken off. 'bungee gum' isn't invincible to higher level fighters, it has failed before (I can't remember when). also, just because Kuroro's abilities aren't his, doesn't mean that he will suffer in a fight due to that. he is able to use all abilities in his book, sometimes as if they were second nature as seen with teleportation. more importantly, it's that vast arsenal of nen techniques that gives an incredible advantage against any opponent.
    Square Enix is the cheapest slut in gaming. Do not buy Final Fantasy for the outdated Xbox360!

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #5
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kuroro vs Hisoka

    Dunno.... hisoka's nen is at a glance useless, it is due to his immense creativity and inherent insanity that he can put it to such good use. In that sense, hisoka and his use of the gum is much more unpredictable than what kuroro could ever be with his nen copying ability. Still, kuroro is also a dangerous derange fuck who'd pull anything in a fight... really can't say but plowise I would ultimately lean toward kuroro.

  7. #6
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Land of Indians
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kuroro vs Hisoka

    We don't know for a fact how strong Hisoka is though. We've never seen him seriously fight. We've seen Chrollo fight, but it was more on the defensive than offensive. Hisoka considers himself stronger than Chrollo, because he was up and ready to challenge Chrollo after Chrollo's nen was sealed (you know, before knowing that it was sealed, haha), but we can't really be sure yet. Hisoka has very natural blood lust too. We'll just have to wait and see. It will be a lot better to gauge if Hisoka were to fight with a bit more incentive.
    To die by your side
    Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine

  8. #7
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kuroro vs Hisoka

    If hisoka considered himself stronger than kuroro he'd have no interest in him. He'd get no thrill from a fight which he knows he can win. If anything, hisoka wants to fight kuroro because he does not know he can win lol...

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kuroro vs Hisoka

    Kuroro is much stronger. That's why Hisoka is so interested in fighting him. Otherwise Hisoka would be looking for a fight with any other Ryodan member.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  11. #9
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Land of Indians
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kuroro vs Hisoka

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    If hisoka considered himself stronger than kuroro he'd have no interest in him. He'd get no thrill from a fight which he knows he can win. If anything, hisoka wants to fight kuroro because he does not know he can win lol...
    The thing is, I doubt Hisoka would fight like that if he were 100% sure he'd lose. I know I wouldn't, haha. He likes to manipulate things, and I'm sure he'd love manipulating the variables to his favor. He had a good enough reason to fight him, other than curiosity, methinks.

    Just me of course.
    To die by your side
    Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine

  12. #10
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,625
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kuroro vs Hisoka

    The thing about Hisoka is not that you see what He can do, it's the originality of that technique used. And as far as I know, we did not see yet full of his abilities. Until you don't see a person close to death and in a real right, you see nothing.

    I bet on Hisoka.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  13. #11
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kuroro vs Hisoka

    Quote Originally Posted by Dive View Post
    The thing is, I doubt Hisoka would fight like that if he were 100% sure he'd lose. I know I wouldn't, haha. He likes to manipulate things, and I'm sure he'd love manipulating the variables to his favor. He had a good enough reason to fight him, other than curiosity, methinks.

    Just me of course.
    I didn't say hisoka knows he would lose, I just said he wasn't certain he would win. I doubt hisoka is the type to get in a fight he knows he can't win -he could go for it for the lolz though- but it is very true he'd have no interest in fighting someone who he knows for a fact he can defeat and won't give him any fun.

  14. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kuroro vs Hisoka

    Well, I disagree, Hisoka is exactly the guy that enjoys impossible fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  15. #13
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner arrra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kuroro vs Hisoka

    Hmm really tough call, but i'd go with Kuroro on this one, if we go on what we've seen so far in the manga/anime based on nen abilites and so on.
    But we dont really know anything about the two.. who knows hwo many abilities Kuroro has in his arsenal, but what do we know from Hisoka? He has his Pansy-Gum and that fake..writing stuff(you know, fake tattoo and Kuroro's prophecy paper), Hisoka may have some wicked abilities that he hasnt showed us yet(which he definetly does have!!)
    And back to Kuroro, how does his nen ability work?
    Well we know that he can steal nen abilites from other users, but can he just switch ability randomly, does he have any cooldown on them?
    Altough it seems like he can choose over which one to use, judging from what weve seen it seems like he can, Nobunaga getting pissed off at Hisoka he used the teleport... ability, and when he used Lovely Ghost Writer for the prophecy, and he was probably only testing out his new ability when fighting Zeno co.

    But still, from what weve seen, i'm guessing Kuroro will be the victor!
    >_<

  16. #14
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kuroro vs Hisoka

    The thing about Kuroro's ability...

    ...while it seems awesome and unstoppable ability, it has two inherent disadvantages.

    1) Only one nen ability can be activated at a time. This doesn't seem to be that bad of a disadvantage, until you realize that "nen ability" isn't just special ability. It includes things like powering up your physical abilities and (more importantly in case with Hisoka) ability to see nen abilities of opponent that opponent has "cloaked". And, in fight with Kastro and Ubongi, we all saw how big this disadvantage was.

    2) While using his book ability, Kuroro can't use one of his arms since it has to hold the book open. Effectively, while Kuroro is using the book ability, his melee fighting ability is seriously compromised.

  17. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kuroro vs Hisoka

    As of now it is a draw for me because I think they didn't even demonstrate at least a half of their true powers yet

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts