Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SPOILER: Kurapika's reappearance question

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SPOILER: Kurapika's reappearance question

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious Weezy View Post
    Hisoka would be dead if they fought. Chrollo is in the same league as Netero and Killua's Faja.
    Who knows ? We have yet to see Hisoka even struggle in a fight, let alone show his full power. Whether he can defeat Chrollo or not is unknown. But a fight between those two sounds nasty

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL, I'm amazed that people still believes that Kuroro will win. Honestly. His ability makes too vulnerable for someone as tricky as Hisoka.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dougbp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    LOL, I'm amazed that people still believes that Kuroro will win. Honestly. His ability makes too vulnerable for someone as tricky as Hisoka.
    Errr... No. At the same time that we have a tricky Hisoka, nobody knows about all stolen abilities of Kuroro. So, no. This fight is unpredictable.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    This fight is heavily in favor of Hisoka in theory but because Hisoka fights closer to a Hunter than an Assassin, he ends up being heavily disadvantaged. That is, there's no way Hisoka would attempt to kill his opponent before they get a chance to use any moves because he fights for the enjoyment of the fight itself, and yet that'd be the best strategy against someone with as diverse abilities as Kuroro. While Hisoka believes his tactics/ingenuity is enough to overcome any circumstances, this is simply not true. There's got to be some ability Kuroro has that cannot be handled by mere bubblegum power.

Zeno gives a good example of how you're supposed to fight someone with diverse abilities but weak physical abilities (spam ranged attacks). Hisoka can easily do this too (throw cards) but that is just not his style.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Geese I didn't mean to start another Hisoka vs Chrollo thread lol. So after some more examination on the nen remover helping Chrollo and inciting Kurapika's reappearance. The monster that stays with you upon removal, wouldn't that thing be on chrollos heart? Is that possible? I mean it was pretty big also the nen power required would have to be pretty extreme (comparing the bombers ability to Kurapika's) to work.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious Weezy View Post
    Geese I didn't mean to start another Hisoka vs Chrollo thread lol. So after some more examination on the nen remover helping Chrollo and inciting Kurapika's reappearance. The monster that stays with you upon removal, wouldn't that thing be on chrollos heart? Is that possible? I mean it was pretty big also the nen power required would have to be pretty extreme (comparing the bombers ability to Kurapika's) to work.
    We know that for now if Abengane did use his exorcism on it, Chrollo can go against the rules placed by Kurapika nen and contact the others and use his nen.
    I think that Abengane will be made into a new Troupe member as well. But the Nen beast on Chrollo must be huge, this means that Chrollo will need to kill Kurapika for it to be removed for good.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the reason they haven't fought yet is because when Chrollo got his chain removed, the Spiders ambushed Hisoka and forced him to retreat ? I know Chrollo wouldn't order something like that but the Spiders would do something like that regardless.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In chapter 339, it looked like Kurapika was attending a funeral. At York Shin he successfully took revenge on the Spiders. Having successfully recovered their eyes, the souls of his dead clansmen can now find peace. That is why he is in a church, wearing a black suit, head bowed, facing an alter, the eyes of his clan resting on top, surrounded by flowers. He is attending a funeral, paying his last respects to his clan. He is alone because he is the last member of his clan. He is ignoring calls because he is in a church, attending a funeral. Accepting a call would be socially unacceptable.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm under the impression that the beast is supposed to follow Abegane, not the person he removed the aura from. It's difficult to tell since the only time he did it, he removed aura on himself. The aura beast that is needed to remove Judgment Chain must be pretty big, so I don't see Kuroro playing 'tag' if he had the aura removed and had to drag say an angry red eyed monster behind him. Either Kuroro didn't have the aura removed, or the beast is following Abegane. I'm guessing the fact the beast follows Abegane is by design, as in this gives Abegane assurance that he will not get brutally murdered after he's outlived his usefulness, since in this case if he does dies presumably the beast will go back to Kuroro.
    Last edited by Phantron; February 26, 2013 at 01:29 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the beast will attach to the person who has the curse

and even for the story it would be shitty if abengan have to carry that monster again he will be killed by the troop anyway
    so he will remove the curse so the danger of the judgement chain will be erased ..then the danchou can communicate with the other members to chase kora's ass

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Having the beast follow Abegane is much better for his self-preservation. He presumably is aware that he's dealing with some guys who have no qualms about killing him the moment he helped them and it'd be simply be a good idea to have ability designed to prevent that.

First, the beast made by Abegane is presumably undefeatable. That is, you can't just say create the beast to remove Judgment Chain, and then call up the rest of the Spiders to beat the aura beast to death to ensure it will never come back. When Abegane removed the aura it says the beast only goes away if the person who used the ability dies, or if Abegane satisfied the normal criterias to remove the conditions, so trying to fight the said beast can be assumed impossible.

Now what's likely to happen is you'll see this giant beast with red eyes and chains playing fetch with Abegane when he removed it, and at this point Abegane can say (or flat out lie) that even though this beast is harmless to him (if not, he'd be dead anyway), if he happens to die the beast is going back to the original victim and seek revenge. Since aura removal is one of the rarest abilities in the world of HXH, there's no way for the Spiders to know if he's lying or telling the truth, so they can't take a chance that what he said is true and must keep him alive until they managed to kill Kurapika. Note that if the beast follows Kuroro, Kuroro is basically pretty screwed because even if the beast is harmless, having this giant red eyed aura beast following you kind of gives away your secrecy, and he probably will just kill Abegane now that he's outlived his usefulness, or try to steal his ability. Since Abegane seems pretty sure he's going to make it out of this alive, I think it's beacuse he knows his ability makes it impossible for the Spiders to kill him, at least before they killed Kurapika.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are assuming an awful lot about the nen remover and how his ability works on others...I guess that's all you can do though with constant long breaks in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    In chapter 339, it looked like Kurapika was attending a funeral. At York Shin he successfully took revenge on the Spiders. Having successfully recovered their eyes, the souls of his dead clansmen can now find peace. That is why he is in a church, wearing a black suit, head bowed, facing an alter, the eyes of his clan resting on top, surrounded by flowers. He is attending a funeral, paying his last respects to his clan. He is alone because he is the last member of his clan. He is ignoring calls because he is in a church, attending a funeral. Accepting a call would be socially unacceptable.
    I said this in an earlier post. It makes the most sense from the scene and serves as nice fan service while hinting on a future arc with him but I got ignored. I'm with you on this man.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Looks like he has a shrine set up. I can understand his not answering then, but I can't help but wonder why he didn't answer earlier.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Abenage's nen beast definitely can't be killed by conventional means. Otherwise there would be no drawback to his exorcism. Only other way it would make sense is if the nen beast is soul linked to the exorcised target, so if the beast dies, so does the target. As for Abenage's role, in my opinion, the Spiders have no reason to kill him. The Spiders don't just kill senselessly. They do it for a purpose. Fundamentally, they are thieves so usually they kill for the purpose of theft.

But now that i think about it, there's gotta be more drawback to the exorcism other than an obviously benign monster clinging on to you. I mean, it's an annoyance but otherwise it's a pretty small price to pay to remove some nasty ability on you. There's gotta be more to it.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Hum. I guess there SHOULD be something else, I agree the price doesn't sound too much.

Maybe the beast rapes him :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast