Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Battle of the Short Haired Blonde D-Bags: Who is going to win?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rael (He's going to stomp all over Yuri for eyeing up Seira)

9 69.23%
  • Yuri (Time for him to show us all why he's always so smug.)

2 15.38%
  • Neither (They are soulmates and will join forces; stalking Seira together)

2 15.38%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 273 Review

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 273 Review

Last week the poll was one who would die first. Most voters thought nobody would. Yuri came in 2nd. Lady Werewolf got the fewest votes. Time will tell which one of our contestants (if any) will be cashing in their life insurance policies.

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

Even when he's the hero of the hour, Rael is still a jerk.

This week picks up the story with the battle between Yuri, Kelvin, and Mark versus Takeo, Regis, and M-21.

On the schoolyard, M-21's battle against Mark doesn't go well at first and, due to him getting overpowered, he gets beat up pretty good. But just when he seems like he might be down his werewolf blood boils over and he turns more furry than ever before. Then he is is the one who pushes Mark back.

On one side of the roof, Takeo is able to keep up with Yuri's speed and match him move for move. Yuri notes this increase in power and with a serious expression decides that he's not going to "give him anymore time".

On the other side of the roof, Kelvin is getting his ass whooped by Regis. Since an honest fight isn't working, he decides to go with dishonest. He pulls out a vial he claims is the antidote to the poison he used on the kids . He tosses Regis and the others pills and says that if they take those he'll give them the antidote. They all take the pills without hesitation(seriously!?) and, of course, it's poison and he has no intention if giving them any antidote.

Being poisoned takes a lot out of Regis but he pushes on at the thought of protecting Shin Woo and the others and nearly lands some blows on Kelvin. Yuri notes how impressive Elders are to be able to do things like that and starts to drone on in his creepy way about how beautiful Seira is. Until a hooded individual arrives and asks who dares to speak of Seira.

Creepy Seira fanboy #2 has arrived! And Rael looks pissed.

Chapter Review

Substance

Focused entirely on the RK-4's battle versus Yuri and his goon squad was an interesting move after doing such epic things last week; with Frankenstein just beginning his fight with the Lady Werewolf. But I think in this case it Noblesse did well not split time in the chapter between the two fights because RK-4's battle would have been overshadowed by the much larger scale battle between Franky and the Lady Werewolf.

The biggest thing that happened this week was Rael's reappearance. Whether he was traveling with Rajak or traveling independently is yet to be seen but he's here and a half second from killing Yuri for looking at Seira crossways. A few people saw this coming but I was most definitely not one of them.

That being said, Rael fighting Yuri is a huge winXwin for me. No matter who dies, I'm doing the happy dance at the end of the day. The smart money is probably on Rael to win and when he breaks out his 1/2 a soul weapon I'll be interested to see if Yuri has any tricks that can match it. The hostage strategy is also not likely to be very effective on Rael, as humans are like insects to his eyes.

Regis, Takeo, and M-21 falling victim to Kelvin's "scheme" and poisoning themselves was the other big thing. Not exactly a sagely move on their part. This was probably meant to show their unwavering dedication to protecting Shin Woo and the gang but it came across to me as more of just a really stupid thing to do. Even if they get the antidote, they aren't going to be able to deliver it if they are all dead, making it kind of pointless. With Regis you can make the case that maybe he's just so honorable that he couldn't imagine Kelvin would break his word but Takeo and M-21 really don't have much of an excuse at all

Going forward in this fight it's really come down to Rael to save the day, god help us all. The only one who has a chance of really being able to still fight is probably M-21, whose werewolf vitality could conceivably allow him to deal with the toxin better than the others.

Presentation

I liked the art. It was low detail but the action mostly well drawn. You could always see what characters were doing in battle relative to whom they were fighting. The one exception is a rather odd panel where some object I don't recall ever seeing before explodes with no sign as to why.

Spoiler: Here's the panel... show

Pacing was on the fast side, even for a combat chapter. Which given how the fight basically got ended by the good guys poisoning themselves is probably for the best. If this exchange had been dragged out only to end it like that, I would have felt cheated.

Overall Rating

A good combat chapter with a twist. Though RK-4 poisoning themselves seemed a little funky. The rest of this chapter was quite solid.

I give it a 4 out of 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction
    • I'm going with the upset pick. Rael will lose to Yuri and his flunkies.

Old Predictions: (22 Wins/ 27 Losses)

Nothing confirmed or disprove this week.

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 273 Review

A decent review, and as we've all pointed out, not a great chapter.

I think that Yuri is stronger than Rael. Yuri is Crombell's chief lieutenant after all. I think that Yuri will be surprised when Rael pulls out Grandia and he'll get hit. I think that Rael might be mortally wounded and he'll end up being saved by powered up M-21 or something, who will finish off Yuri, but Rael will die as well or something. I think that Rajak will gain his full SW by the end of the fight. Regardless of who dies and who lives, I don't think Rael will defeat Yuri.

Why the fuck RK-3 took the poison is anybody's guess. It was just fucking idiotic, but I guess it leaves room for Rael vs Yuri. Yuri has also proven himself to be the strongest of the three Union members, plus we haven't even seen his true power. Don't forget that he managed to disappear on Franky and that his shield was able to guard against Franky's attack.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Franky got hardly serious that time, since he didn't pulled out DS, when he stomped Dr. Arith. Thanks to Takeo's disturbance that time, Yuri had enough time to escape, since Franky has been occupied by sudden twist of situation.
    If I'm recalling correctly (can't guarantee that).

I can understand why RK-5 ate that tablet (they wanted to save the children), but that doesn't justify their stupidity. As someone pointed out, "doesn't they know not to take candies from a stranger?" ... believing to the bad guy is near the top of stupidity too (I can understand it in Regis's boots, since he's taking words very seriously, as a noble).

Rael popping up is slightly surprising, his anger towards Yuri at mentioning Seira's name not so much. Congrats Yuri, from all nobles you could met and made that comment, you really picked up the "right" one.
    My guess is, Yuri will pay and be forced to show, what he really is. I don't see Rael dying, but I'm not so sure in case of Yuri. Rael's existence would be pointless, if he should die now. Just because he hold a part of Rajak's soul weapon doesn't mean, his only role is to kick a bucket as soon as possible. Authors surely didn't go through all that trouble of introducing him and his background, if he had been fated to die in first shown encounter after his hiding.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet that Regis was the only one to actually swallow the poison pill. He has issues with being too honest. M-21 and Takeo didn't have any additional blood running down their faces after taking the pill than they had before. I imagine that they will surprise their opponents then spit out the pill.

Too much to hope that the kids do the same though.

Rael and Yuri will start a wonderful friendship hatred here. Too bad for both of them Shin Woo will always have Seira in his corner.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

rael is stronger then yuri if u look at now bad side have 3 good healthy fighter and good side 4 fighter (1 healthy and cruel 3 eat poison and stupid) so maybe rael have to fight 1 vs 3 fight if other r not good to fight. yuri and co is not like 7th elder who will give 1 vs 1 fight chance so they will 3 vs 1 attack rael

also as yuri fight Takeo he said he will kill him because if he game more time to them they can become dangerous for them. so if they r wining they will kill RK3 that why rael will beat them in end he will kill yuri and co or they will run

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point I think Mark might be more important than Yuriy so he might have a better chance of surviving. Mark has an ability that could possibly make him one of the stronger characters if Crombell were able to secure the right specimen. But this is also the first time we'll see Yuriy face an opponent thats real a threat to him so I'm glad he showed up, maybe we'll see what hes hiding and what his limit is. With training and experience I think I would place Rael somewhere around the 12th elder power wise so at least one of them (Kelvin) is going to die.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mister K's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reveiw.

This time I didn't expect you to rate this chapter so high (4 of 5), I found it rather boring. Moreover, it's more inexplicable how could these RK3 entrust the word of these thugs by taking the pills and beliveing he would give them the antidote because of that... they're supposed to be old enough. Also, I didn't want to see Rael again, I cannot consider him a noble, but some kind of enemy resorting to foul play and suitable enough to join the union, in essence, he's got the mentality of traitors. Neverthless, on the good side, it'll be kind of interesting to see what role will play him from now on. Despite being a plan chapter, it makes priomising the following chapters.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    I'll bet that Regis was the only one to actually swallow the poison pill. He has issues with being too honest. M-21 and Takeo didn't have any additional blood running down their faces after taking the pill than they had before. I imagine that they will surprise their opponents then spit out the pill.

Too much to hope that the kids do the same though.

Rael and Yuri will start a wonderful friendship hatred here. Too bad for both of them Shin Woo will always have Seira in his corner.
    all three did stupidity

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/noble...4/c273/15.html

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

They all popped the pills, what I was suggesting was that only Regis swallowed.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    They all popped the pills, what I was suggesting was that only Regis swallowed.
    if u see Takeo was also on his kneels

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/noble...4/c273/18.html

u can see blood near takeo and m21's mouth
    its just only regis got is ass kicked after eating pills

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Thanks for the reveiw.

This time I didn't expect you to rate this chapter so high (4 of 5), I found it rather boring. Moreover, it's more inexplicable how could these RK3 entrust the word of these thugs by taking the pills and beliveing he would give them the antidote because of that... they're supposed to be old enough. Also, I didn't want to see Rael again, I cannot consider him a noble, but some kind of enemy resorting to foul play and suitable enough to join the union, in essence, he's got the mentality of traitors. Neverthless, on the good side, it'll be kind of interesting to see what role will play him from now on. Despite being a plan chapter, it makes priomising the following chapters.
    The argument can certainly be made to be more harsh with with the whole pill thing. But my thought process on that is, though it was a really stupid thing to do, it wasn't really uncharacteristic of anybody involved.

Regis isn't dumb, but he's so honorable that he'd do anything without hesitation to protect Shin Woo and the others. It might not even have occurred to him that Kelvin would lie.

For Takeo and M-21, it's just a matter of doing something stupid. I think it can somewhat be explained by them thinking with their hearts instead of their heads. Unless it is some elaborate ruse. It's not smart but I don't know that I can really penalize that too harshly, since characters don't always do smart things. Especially M-21 whose not the sharpest knife in the drawer sometimes.

-----------------------

I kind of agree about Rael but I figure that's something that had to be dealt with sometime and now's a reasonably good time to deal with him. After this little battle we should have a better idea of whether his character is going to change for the better or run off and don a black hat.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 01, 2013 at 01:27 PM.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rael might be power hungry and somewhat evil but he has shown that there are limits to his ambition. When Rajak was lising to Franken he was willing to give up his soul weapon to save his brother. While he is overly ambitious I think he is also extremely loyal to his brother. Hes not saving RK4 out of the kindness of his heart hes doing it because his clan leader told him to. I doubt he'll be joining the union now.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdynamite410 View Post
    Rael might be power hungry and somewhat evil but he has shown that there are limits to his ambition. When Rajak was lising to Franken he was willing to give up his soul weapon to save his brother. While he is overly ambitious I think he is also extremely loyal to his brother. Hes not saving RK4 out of the kindness of his heart hes doing it because his clan leader told him to. I doubt he'll be joining the union now.
    I think he could probably go either way. Your right about his apparent loyalty to his brother but the way he treats those he believes are beneath is closer to the Union than the nobles. And he obviously still thinks humans are "lesser beings"

He hasn't saved RK-4 yet either. He intervened when someone was talking about Seira and I suspect the fact that he's there in the first place means he'd probably be inclined to protect Regis too. The jury is still out on whether or not he would lift a finger to help Takeo, M-21, or Raizel's schoolmates.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 02, 2013 at 08:24 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Rael is treating like sh*t only the modified humans ... not the "original" one. And since Yuri & co. are definitely modified, it's explaining his behavior towards them.

And even if he intends to save only Regis (as a fellow noble), he must take down the whole trio anyway, since they are definitely threat to Regis (maybe not much as individuals, excluding Yuri, but he's not in the best shape and they might gang up on him if they manage defeat Takeo and M-21 sooned than Rael will finish Yuri (or whoever he is gonna fight)).

Still, I guess Rael will stay as a "wildcard" in this whole mess, not clinging into any side, at least not openly.

New Reply