Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2) , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Koukou Kyuuji Zawa-san by MISHIMA Eriko

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Koukou Kyuuji Zawa-san by MISHIMA Eriko

Description:

Risa Miyakozawa, aka Zawa-san, is the only female member of the Nissen High School baseball team. She's talented, but being a girl, she doesn't get to participate in any official matches, and yet she trains just as hard as the rest of the team anyway, just for her own personal satisfaction.

Nominated for the 3rd Manga Taisho Award (2010).
    --------
    This is a really addicting slice-of-life. It's a pure slice-of-life with just short glimpses at daily life and no real story, but I just love manga like that. Plus the art is especially charming for some reason. The chapters are really short, so it isn't especially satisfying to read a chapter at a time as it is updated, so I recommend reading it all in one go.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Koukou Kyuuji Zawa-san by MISHIMA Eriko

Shame the group translating it died off. Last volume (12) should be out in the not so distant future since it recently concluded its run in the magazine. Theme reminded me a bit of Aoba from Cross Game. The chapters are self contained though, so I don't see a problem reading it a chapter at a time.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Shame the group translating it died off. Last volume (12) should be out in the not so distant future since it recently concluded its run in the magazine. Theme reminded me a bit of Aoba from Cross Game. The chapters are self contained though, so I don't see a problem reading it a chapter at a time.

Really? They died off? Because "new" chapters have been uploaded to manga reader sites like Batoto semi-regularly for at least a few months now. Are they just backlogged releases that are just now being uploaded to manga reading sites? I really hope to read more of this series.

There's not a problem with reading a chapter at a time, but they are just so short that it is more satisfying to read several in a row.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, my bad! The original group died off, I didn't know someone picked it up, thanks for pointing that out, I'll have to figure out how to add the releases to Manga-updates since they're not listed there. I guess I got something to read this afternoon

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Wait, my bad! The original group died off, I didn't know someone picked it up, thanks for pointing that out, I'll have to figure out how to add the releases to Manga-updates since they're not listed there. I guess I got something to read this afternoon

Oh, good! I was getting worried there for a second. It appears that the current group is called "Nojay", which Batoto describes as an "inactive group" even though they have been uploading releases to Batoto personally since October. Their website seems to not be updated either and as you said, they don't update mangaupdates......That's why you had me worried for a second that all these chapters being released lately are just backlogged chapters that someone is slowly uploading......Anyway, here's hoping that they stick with it, because I really enjoy the style of this manga.

And it seems you have about 20 chapters to catch up with. Lucky you

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's the final volume cover(volume 12):

It's been like a month since this series got a release and seeing this final cover has me itching to read it again.

New Reply