Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Naruto Sage Mode and Hashirama Sage Mode

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No Trust Naruto Sage Mode and Hashirama Sage Mode

Upon first seeing Hashirama go into his Sage Mode, the very first thought that came to mind was how Naruto is on e same path (Sage of the Six Paths, get it?)...What Hashirama displayed is what I think is a preview of Naruto's next level...ulti,ately Naruto will surpass it...e point I'm trying to make is whatever flashback or explanation of Hashirama and his powers and/or link to the Sage's son will ring throughout Naruto and his progression...it seems a little to easy for Kishimoto-sama to make it so evident but we've seen plenty of "hiding in plain sight" tactics used already in this series...I don't wanna be let down when I see that I maybe right (although the thought of Naruto having lineage to the Rikodu's son would be AWESOME) but I think we're just about do for some type of mindfck...feedback please

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Sage Mode and Hashirama Sage Mode

Quote Originally Posted by ShinBadness View Post
    Upon first seeing Hashirama go into his Sage Mode, the very first thought that came to mind was how Naruto is on e same path (Sage of the Six Paths, get it?)...What Hashirama displayed is what I think is a preview of Naruto's next level...ulti,ately Naruto will surpass it...e point I'm trying to make is whatever flashback or explanation of Hashirama and his powers and/or link to the Sage's son will ring throughout Naruto and his progression...it seems a little to easy for Kishimoto-sama to make it so evident but we've seen plenty of "hiding in plain sight" tactics used already in this series...I don't wanna be let down when I see that I maybe right (although the thought of Naruto having lineage to the Rikodu's son would be AWESOME) but I think we're just about do for some type of mindfck...feedback please
    Only way Naruto will advance that far is through the loss of the Kyuubi. The Kyuubi's power > Sage Mode. Hashirama's Sage Mode seems more powerful because he himself at a base is much more powerful than Naruto, not to mention he has a Kekkai Genkai Naruto lacks.

There really doesn't seem to be anything about Hashirama's Sage Mode that is more powerful than Naruto, it's simply that Sage Mode enhances your natural abilities and Hashirama's natural abilities in his early 30's are much greater than Naruto's while Naruto is 17 or 18 years old.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I could be reaching here... but I think that, potentially, Hashirama or Rikudou Sennin were the first to aquire Sage Mode, not the animals. It's just, the technique is passed down amongst the animal kingdom because they are all naturally sensors of natural energy, thanks to being closer to nature than humans. This is why Hashirama's Sage Mode doesn't resemble any animal by giving him facial features of said animals. Because no animal pact was necessary for him to learn it: he was naturally in tune with nature thanks to his Mokuton ability.

These are all just hunches so take them all with a grain of salt.

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    I could be reaching here... but I think that, potentially, Hashirama or Rikudou Sennin were the first to aquire Sage Mode, not the animals. It's just, the technique is passed down amongst the animal kingdom because they are all naturally sensors of natural energy, thanks to being closer to nature than humans. This is why Hashirama's Sage Mode doesn't resemble any animal by giving him facial features of said animals. Because no animal pact was necessary for him to learn it: he was naturally in tune with nature thanks to his Mokuton ability.

I highly doubt that would be possible. Animals and such seem to be more in sync with nature as opposed to humans and the old sage is most likely much much older than Hashirama, you do make a point of the Mokuton but i highly doubt that Hashirama was the first to use SM.

All SMs dont exactly have to be alike or follow the same principle. Though i understand it is only a hunch lol .
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. My reasoning was that if sitting still and "becoming one with nature" is the key to absorbing natural energy, no one would be more capable of doing so than someone who's natural abilities are already in tune with nature. Infact, Rikudou Sennin managing to defeat the Juubi only makes sense if he was indeed a Sage prior to becoming the first Jinchuuriki.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

But hashirama sage mode is a friggin tree , what is more intuned to nature than a tree itself , a tree is nature itself so ninjabot might have a poiint

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

The ability to absorb natural energy isn't something that should be unique to those who use certain summons. Hashirama's ability to use Moukton likely was enough for him to attain an understanding of natural energy, and since he has a massive amounts of chakra he's a perfect candidate for Sage Mode.

Kabuto and Naruto likely resemble a snake and a frog because they first learned to use Sage Mode in a place full of either snakes or frogs, thus they initially absorbed natural energy from animals such as these and thus forever took on their likeness. As the Juubi showed us, creates also emit natural energy.

Hashirama likely sat in a forest with a bunch of animals, so it could be said his Sage Mode is the most natural or pure since it wasn't fostered in a unique environment.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the very same though process I was using. I mean, on Mt. Myouboku the primary population are toads, so all the natural energy would be toad flavored. Ditto for Ryuuichidou being snakeville.

But if you're naturally filled with the life-giving natural energy that creates trees, then you have a more "pure" type of natural energy that isn't altered by the inhabitants. Makes sense to me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it was hinted that the third famous location, Shikkotsu Forest, would be inhabited by the slugs, given the numerous slug/snake/frog parallels already present in the manga. Also consider that Hashirama was known to have excellent healing abilities and was close with his grandaughter Tsunade, who used healing techniques and summoned slugs.

Also, while on the subject of animals teaching Sage Mode, in Naruto: Dokonjo Ninden (Naruto: Tales of the Gutsy Ninja), the novel published a couple years back based on Jiraiya's in-universe novel, the main character, Naruto Musasabi, also uses Sage Mode, and was trained to use it by the Mouse Sage.

So it's pretty well established, even within the story-within-a-story of that novel, that animals teach humans Sage Mode.

Also, just think of the possible consequence of training to use Sage Mode without a master...
    Last edited by Suzaku; February 28, 2013 at 04:28 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the very same though process I was using. I mean, on Mt. Myouboku the primary population are toads, so all the natural energy would be toad flavored. Ditto for Ryuuichidou being snakeville.

But if you're naturally filled with the life-giving natural energy that creates trees, then you have a more "pure" type of natural energy that isn't altered by the inhabitants. Makes sense to me.
    After reading this il have to agree with your hunch/theory until disproven.

@Op I very much doubt there's enough time for Naruto to develop his SM any further, and like Delbi said, with the Kyuubi Naruto will not need to improve anything else :/ kinda stupid of kishi.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto Re: Naruto Sage Mode and Hashirama Sage Mode

Senjutsu means to learn sage jutsu by using your inner nature enrgy and surrounding energy
    senju is hashirama's last name. so people in the senju clan or relatives by blood can learn it easily
    in his case being a direct member he can learn it by his self automatically

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Personaly i can't w8 to see him combine SM and CM togeder. Something like we got vs Nagato. A SM-CM (at the same time) Naruto is going to be broken like hell lol... Nothing would ever be able to hit him. Imagine SM senses + CM speed...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i thin naruto could beat him

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's amazing how Naruto gains ONLY speed and power(something that he has more then any other character) can make him unbeatable. If he's not unbeatable now, this power up want change anything. Jutsu is what Naruto needs, not more power.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

narutos lack of jutsu is pretty sad

New Reply