Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Naruto 623 Discussion / 624 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 623 Discussion / 624 Predictions | NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK

No chapter this week? Oh well, I guess we're going to have the first few pages in color next chapter. Nice to see if Tobirama and Izuna are actually more skilled than Madara and Hashirama, as Hashi hasn't shown anything of strength yet except skipping a rock further than Madara.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    But Madara didn't become evil because he "had a bad day", he became evil after becoming deluded that he was the only person who could protect his people, which happen over some time. Also, neither Orochimaru or Hidan became evil for that reason either.
    lol,it's the first time I see hidan in the same sentence with "the main enemies" . And as I said above,orochimaru is in fact the only worthy enemy, at this point. I got your point,madara's ordeal took a longer time,but his story is technically the same (with the same results) of all the other ones nonetheless!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    lol,it's the first time I see hidan in the same sentence with "the main enemies" . And as I said above,orochimaru is in fact the only worthy enemy, at this point. I got your point,madara's ordeal took a longer time,but his story is technically the same (with the same results) of all the other ones nonetheless!
    wonder if we will ever find out what Clan Orochimaru was from?.
    wonder if oro will let the kages walk around freely when and if they go to the battlefield
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Here is a short prediction:

Tajima and Butsuma will face each other out repectively with hax Katon and Doton ninjutus while Izuna and Tobirama face each other respectively with Raiton and Suiton.

In the end of the fight Tajima will corner Butsuma with his sharingan but the latter will take Izuna hostage for Tobirama and Hashirama to kill Tajima and Madara when they lay down arms.

Tajima chooses instead to sacrifice Izuna so that he can kill his rival but Madara jumps in and kills his own father to save his little brother thus awakening their Magekyo Sharingans.

As Madara and Izuna are distraught, Butsuma tries to kill them both yet Hashirama intervenes and takes the blow getting critically injured.

Being brought to death by the hands of a loved one is what awakens the Mokuton and thus the legenday Hashirama is born.

While Madara and Izuna were saved by Hashirama, both were traumatized and twisted by the curse of hatred so that Madara no longer believes in peace and blames his foolishness to cause his father's death while Izuna blames his weakness for being taken hostage and vows to make Madara stronger than anyone to compensate for that.

Hashirama for his part is finally understood by his father. Butsuma, having nearly killed his own son by accident due to hatred reliquishes his position to his son and perhaps commits suicide.

We then flashfoward to a little in the future when Hashirama and Madara have their first decisive battle leading to Madara losing his vision and Izuna giving his eyes to him.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Andonan's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 623 Discussion / 624 Predictions | NO CHAPTER THIS WEEK

I might go reread the soul society arc to get me excited about bleach again.....

But anyway down to something relevant to Naruto.....

This whole flashback stuff is pretty poor, which echos what many other members have already stated, it is devaluing Madara as a character, and the most hyped villain of the series. Plus I don't really understand how someone can do such a u-turn in ideology! All this Uchiha love feeds hate rubbish is a poor plot tool to give Sasuke hope, he should have gone down something along the lines of, the more your eyes develop the more you are corrupted, that could have lead to a far more interesting element of whether you remained corrupted or go blind....I dunno, anything but this "oh I loved him SO NOW I HATE HIM" approach *sigh* but hey its manga after all......no dammit OP and ToG do it right, I should be allowed to expect more!

OK vent over.... Having said that I have enjoyed the war from a fight perspective, I was in the minority (from what I saw on this forum at the time at least) that really liked the development of Naruto and Kuruma, and seeing him boss the battlefield and actually having had a couple of characters be lost along the way is kinda nice. No where near as good as Marineford, but its not bad (ten-tails has been the worst part).

Lastly I kinda just wished we had got the back story amongst the valley of the end fight, perhaps Mito (who we know gets involved at some point right?!?) could have narrated miniature flashbacks, and things like the stone skipping could have been screamed/reminisced about at key moments of the fight....actually showing them skipping stones is a painful waste of my time....

Ok I'm actually stopping my vent now *sigh*

Different in so many ways, but similar in even more......

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

If naruto is on break this week, then IS there any chance we ll get this chapter early next week ?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Xevoss's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark blood View Post
    If naruto is on break this week, then IS there any chance we ll get this chapter early next week ?
    That indeed might be the case

Rock Solid

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andonan
    This whole flashback stuff is pretty poor, which echos what many other members have already stated, it is devaluing Madara as a character, and the most hyped villain of the series. Plus I don't really understand how someone can do such a u-turn in ideology!
    I guess you haven't seen the misery of a character that is Obito...Pro @ Jumping the shark...
    Last edited by IChallengeYou!; March 13, 2013 at 12:10 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member RogueNin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree Madara's story doesnt seem to be any different than other villains already shown SO FAR. You are too quick to jump to conclusions. We haven't seen anything he is still a kid. Patience.

EDIT: Don't forget he has already lost 2-3 brothers and he is not evil. I don't think just losing Izuna is gonna make him that bad. Im expecting a lot more.
    Last edited by RogueNin; March 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Izuna isn't what turns him completely evil though. We saw that even after Izuna died, Madara was still fighting for Uchiha and truced with the Senju. Maybe that played a big part of turning Madara evil though, as he didn't attack Konoha or Hashirama until the Uchiha turned their backs on him.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, rather than whine or antagonize about the lack of chapter this week, why not use the time and chance to go through old threads and post? Discussing whatever topic the thread is based on is a great way to pass away time while waiting for Naruto next week!

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    We will definitely going to have a flashback why orochimaru turned the way he was and his determination to destroyed konoha, we know that after pro parents died and sarutobi telling pro about the white snake and rebirth , pro started to care about ninjutsus and forbidden jutsus but we haven't got the whole motivation.
    We will eventually find out about when sasuke decided to either destroy konoha or protect it or if pro dies once more..
    His motivation was fear of death, which drove him to study forbidden techniques in an attempt to find immortality. His end goal, gaining the Rinnegan by having Mokuton and an Uchiha body, would have given him the power over life and death.

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    Hidan was a "main enemy" via Shikamaru, who was the only other character to be given a starting role in a whole arc. And Madara's story really not, if we go by Itachi's comment. According to him, Madara didn't become evil because something bad happen, he became evil because he eventually came to believe that he was the only one capable of "protecting" his comrades. So he's quite different in this regard.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Invader's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    lol,it's the first time I see hidan in the same sentence with "the main enemies"
    Hey - I will hear no dissing of Hidan. He really is one of the only true villains in the whole story. He's the only person who has actually killed an important character as opposed to simply defeating them or wounding. He is one of the only bad guys who was not castrated and neutered like a gelding by a big long flashback that tried to turn him into a more sympathetic character. He loved slaughter and killing for its own sake, and was not some namby-pamby who could be talked out of his goals. And even in defeat he was laughing at the good guys, spitting in their faces, and promising he'd be back some day to defeat them.

Hidan. The ONLY true bad guy in the entire manga. He may not have been prominent, but there is no denying that he was the most PURE 'villain' we've seen yet.
    Hidan... Naruto's ONLY real villain!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    Hey - I will hear no dissing of Hidan. He really is one of the only true villains in the whole story. He's the only person who has actually killed an important character as opposed to simply defeating them or wounding. He is one of the only bad guys who was not castrated and neutered like a gelding by a big long flashback that tried to turn him into a more sympathetic character. He loved slaughter and killing for its own sake, and was not some namby-pamby who could be talked out of his goals. And even in defeat he was laughing at the good guys, spitting in their faces, and promising he'd be back some day to defeat them.

Hidan. The ONLY true bad guy in the entire manga. He may not have been prominent, but there is no denying that he was the most PURE 'villain' we've seen yet.
    Have to agree with ay , being a severed head and still talking shit and not giving up ! he is a true ninja.
    And really is he still alive or dose he need to do the rituals to keep the immortality
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Invader's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    And really is he still alive or dose he need to do the rituals to keep the immortality
    The fanboi in me hopes that he could still come back some day. When Ino/Shika/Cho confronted Kakuzu again, it was suggested that Hidan was still alive or he would have been resurrected as an Edo Tensei. However, that is just a hint and could be totally false. Quite frankly, once the war wraps up, the Jubi is beaten, the whole Madara/Hirashima thing is resolved, and after Naruto & Sauske have their final fight? I really don't see any room in the story left for wrapping up a loose end like Hidan's ultimate fate - much like Yamato, Kabuto, Samui, and many other little details.

But I'll tell you what !I! would do with Hidan if I was the guy with the pen...

I'd have some random farmer or traveler accidentally stumble across Hidan's head. Hidan would convince him to take him somewhere, and he'd end up starting a Jashin 'cult'. His body would be long gone, but he'd be quite insane (more so than normal) after spending months buried bodyless, and would have obsessed on revenge in Konoha, and Shikamaru's clan in particular. So rather than being an artless, reckless physical attacker - Hidan would very much be in the role of having to be quite literally nothing but a mastermind.

So after the war is over, members of the Nara clan in Konoha would suddenly start dropping dead. No one can figure out what is going on. After some sleuthing, Shikamaru figures out that the only thing they all have in common is that they have donated blood to the Konoha hospital. He starts tracking the blood, and they find that some members of an outlying village have been stealing bags of blood and various body parts. They infiltrate the village and see that it has become a cult-like atmosphere with everyone congregating at a shrine with the Jashin symbols. Shikamaru realizes what is going on and jumps in, but the cult has set numerous traps, and he is captured.

Shikamaru is brought to the head of the cult (the villager who found Hidan's head) and there is some intrigue, torture, and smack-talking. Eventually Shikamaru escapes and fights his way to the shrine to find Hidan's head there, hooked up to a huge vat of Konoha's blood. Hidan laughs and brags that any attempt to harm him will end up killing half the citizens of Konoha, including Shikamaru himself.

The arc would culminate with Hidan's rebirth into a new body, and a fight with Shikamaru where his scythe and all its tricks and traps get showcased (a detail that was passed by in the manga). He is a lot more cagey, and tactical this time around. For example, Hidan has surrounded the ENTIRE village with a Jashin symbol in the ground so he is 'inside the symbol' wherever he goes, and for a while this totally baffles Shikamaru who cant' figure out how Hidan is activating his jutsu when there isn't a symbol (turns out there is, it was just too big to see).

I think it would be a really fun story. But - alas - there's probably no chance of ever seeing Hidan in action again.
    Hidan... Naruto's ONLY real villain!

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast