Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chap !!!

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

    3 1.91%
  • 2] Average

    9 5.73%
  • 3] Good

    41 26.11%
  • 4] Great

    75 47.77%
  • 5] Epic

    24 15.29%
  • 6] Top 10 in One Piece

    5 3.18%
New Reply
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 502

Thread: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions - No Chapter This Week (Author Illness)

  1. #346
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Avid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    well maybe i am wrong never said i was right but to me from what i see it looks as if luffy would beat magellen, cause it looks as if devil fruit users rely on their DF alot and if you luffy is immune to magellen's poision then its pretty much done.

    well my bad i thought he was logia i remember him going through magellen once when he punched him :/
    I'm sorry. I shouldn't have spoken with so much reprehension. xD

    Luffy probably would win.

  2. #347
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Guess
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    227
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    If I remember, Luffy himself admitted he wasn't at a high level with one of his haki yet. Was it Color of Armament? But yeah, if he did know CoA, then he could have beaten Magellan without being poisoned, assuming the poison wouldn't have affected his haki-imbued hands.


    Could Coby possibly be strong enough to be at admiral level in just two years, though? and wouldn't he be too young for that? I don't think Coby's Fujitora.
    Yes im pretty sure its CoA cause you never see his full body in CoA, maybe because he is really agile and quick so he doesnt depend on trying to protect his body with CoA as much as he uses it for strength??

    ---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Avid View Post
    I'm sorry. I shouldn't have spoken with so much reprehension. xD

    Luffy probably would win.
    Naw its all good we are all just discussing or own opinions and views on things so we can better understand whats going on, so dont worry its all good haha (:

  3. #348
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions

    I'm not sure that haki can prevent from poison. If the skin is still permeable then it should not. But Magellan was said to be vice warden in a cover and Impel Down is almost what he lives for so I doubt we will see him again before a long time. Also I think that there are already big enough names in this arc not to add more. Isn't an admiral and DonFlamingo and his men sufficient that you want to add revolutionaries or old enemies ?

  4. #349
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions

    Luffy himself spoke about CoA during the fight in the bubbles, but I can imagine his rubber body being weaker to piercing/cutting too, even with him so armament. What we have a confirmation of is Luffy only being at around 50% of CoC compared to Shanks, who is very likely at 100%. That can be read in the SBS.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  5. #350
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    2,444
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions

    First of all, we have no idea how Luffy´s Haki compares to that of Vergo. Both DD and CC said that Vergo is superior in CoA and that we would not have any problems against Law but we all know how that turned out. We have only 2 scenes that are somewhat comparable: Luffy not being able to block Hodi´s bite while Vergo being able to block Tashigi´s sword but then again, i doubt someone actually thinks that Tashigi´s physical strength is even close to Hodi´s physical and bite strength.
    Then there is the question whether the usage of Haki becomes harder and more advanced the bigger the area you cover with it is or whether some areas are harder to cover with CoA then others. If it is the former, then Luffy´s Haki should be more advanced because his Elephant Gun is way bigger than Vergo´s body. If it is the latter, then Vergo´s CoA should be superior since Luffy seems to be unable to cover his entire body.

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I'm not sure that haki can prevent from poison. If the skin is still permeable then it should not. But Magellan was said to be vice warden in a cover and Impel Down is almost what he lives for so I doubt we will see him again before a long time. Also I think that there are already big enough names in this arc not to add more. Isn't an admiral and DonFlamingo and his men sufficient that you want to add revolutionaries or old enemies ?
    CoA should be able to protect the user from all DF products, that includes poison, of course as long as the CoA level is high enough. Lookie here, CC´s gas immediately petrifies Luffy´s hands superficially but it does not work because the gas can not penetrate the Haki armor.
    Last edited by MiyamotoMusashi; March 10, 2013 at 04:12 AM.

  6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #351
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    First of all, we have no idea how Luffy´s Haki compares to that of Vergo. Both DD and CC said that Vergo is superior in CoA and that we would not have any problems against Law but we all know how that turned out. We have only 2 scenes that are somewhat comparable: Luffy not being able to block Hodi´s bite while Vergo being able to block Tashigi´s sword but then again, i doubt someone actually thinks that Tashigi´s physical strength is even close to Hodi´s physical and bite strength.
    Then there is the question whether the usage of Haki becomes harder and more advanced the bigger the area you cover with it is or whether some areas are harder to cover with CoA then others. If it is the former, then Luffy´s Haki should be more advanced because his Elephant Gun is way bigger than Vergo´s body. If it is the latter, then Vergo´s CoA should be superior since Luffy seems to be unable to cover his entire body.
    Still the comparison allow more questions because CoA seems to have degrees or levels: it would be possible that an Elephant Gun wouldn't affect Vergo's body reinforced with his CoA. I that would be the case, the Elepahnt gun (the reinforced area) wouldn't be evidence in favor of Luffy. It would be possible to talk about the level of armament a particular CoA has. I guess it's impossible to deduce who's CoA is stronger with what we have seen.

    I didn't remember that scene about Luffy's coA.

  8. #352
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,964
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions

    Arguably the difference beetween Vergo and Tashigi is greater than Luffy and Hodi.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  9. #353
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    luffy haki mastery isn't enough in my opinion. Marco and whitebeard were using haki and super strong devil fruit powers and they were on par with the admirals but not stronger than the admirals.
    Are you joking? WB owned the admirals,he did to akainu in 2minutes what aokiji couldn't in 10days,defeated aokiji too and he was also and above all stated to be the strongest man on earth. Marco was on par with admirals,that's right. The fact of having haki is fundamental but its not enough to win: keep in mind that admirals have been VA before being promoted,that means they must be haki users too. Right now I highly doubt that luffy can defeat an admiral,not because of strength rankings,but because of the plot's consistency.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #354
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    Are you joking? WB owned the admirals,he did to akainu in 2minutes what aokiji couldn't in 10days,defeated aokiji too and he was also and above all stated to be the strongest man on earth. Marco was on par with admirals,that's right. The fact of having haki is fundamental but its not enough to win: keep in mind that admirals have been VA before being promoted,that means they must be haki users too. Right now I highly doubt that luffy can defeat an admiral,not because of strength rankings,but because of the plot's consistency.
    WB never defeated Aokiji. Heck he didn't even defeat Akainu, he heavily damaged him. If Akainu was defeated, he wouldn't of been chasing Luffy & Jimbei afterwards, and he wouldn't of given Luffy that scar.

  12. #355
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,094
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I'm not sure that haki can prevent from poison. If the skin is still permeable then it should not. But Magellan was said to be vice warden in a cover and Impel Down is almost what he lives for so I doubt we will see him again before a long time. Also I think that there are already big enough names in this arc not to add more. Isn't an admiral and DonFlamingo and his men sufficient that you want to add revolutionaries or old enemies ?
    By this arc, do you mean just Dressrosa? I also hope we do not see any more old enemies, friends, or revolutionaries at Dressrosa. Too much more seems like overkill. Oda still has to introduce most of Doflamingo's crew. Over the course of the saga, I think Gecko Moriah and Drake will return in some capacity. Both have Kaido connections, bringing them back soon would make sense. Not necessarily at Dressrosa though.

    ---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Could Coby possibly be strong enough to be at admiral level in just two years, though? and wouldn't he be too young for that? I don't think Coby's Fujitora.
    Coby was promoted to Captain right before the timeskip. Further promotion from Captain to Admiral in two years seems like a major asspull to me. Even for someone with conqueror's haki.

  13. #356
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    By this arc, do you mean just Dressrosa? I also hope we do not see any more old enemies, friends, or revolutionaries at Dressrosa. Too much more seems like overkill. Oda still has to introduce most of Doflamingo's crew. Over the course of the saga, I think Gecko Moriah and Drake will return in some capacity. Both have Kaido connections, bringing them back soon would make sense. Not necessarily at Dressrosa though.
    I really want Drake to become part of the alliance. Why? He's a T-Rex! Everyone has a soft spot for T-Rexes.

    Also, if he turns into a T-Rex in front of the Strawhats, I bet that their reaction will be like this:

    Spoiler show


    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Coby was promoted to Captain right before the timeskip. Further promotion from Captain to Admiral in two years seems like a major asspull to me. Even for someone with conqueror's haki.
    IIRC, Coby awoke Observation haki when he was punched in the face. It was never implied that he had Armament or Conqueror haki.

  14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #357
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    2,444
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post

    If Luffy is able to cover area that his skin streches to when he goes Elephant Gun on someone(lest say 40square meters- its just some number to explain better) is like many times area of his normal body(for example 2 square meters).. then I dont see how he cant cover whole body- base form- in black, concentrated haki.

    .
    Like i said before, it could be that some areas are easier to cover than other areas.

  16. #358
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member stormking1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions

    Having coby become an admiral after the time skip is the same as saying Luffy is the pirate king after the time skip which is ridicules. Coby becoming admiral is his ultimate dream which alines with Luffy becoming Pirate king and there is no way in hell that Coby could reach his dream before Luffy when luffy has trained since he was a kid. Luffy beat coby with justa gum gum pistol before time skip and to have Coby be an admiral would pretty much mean coby became stronger than luffy is now in 2 years.
    So my old signature is gone and I need a new one. so If anyone wants to make me one featuring either Air Gear or One Piece hit me up and ill credit you.

  17. #359
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,094
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions

    There is already a thread for speculating about Kaido's identity: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ature-is-Kaido

    Please continue that discussion there.

    Conqueror's Haki can be discussed here: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...nqueror-s-Haki

    The last few posts have been deleted, including my own. I'm too lazy and apathetic to delete the rest. honors system, etc.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 10, 2013 at 02:32 PM.

  18. #360
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions

    ...disguised?

    Lets try to consider the blind man as an arquetype: He could be the king disguised (like Ulises). Also the mighty warrior disguised that tries to do something with out been noticed (Kenshin Himura). The handicapped condition and the fact that he was been cheated by the guys in the rullet can be even part of the disguise of a proper first class power (Master Po). Could he be the admiral disguised? the wano samurai disguised?

    The fact is, if he is disguised and is trying to been not noticed, why he attacked the guys in the roulette?

    That is something that doesn't match nor the admiral hyphotesis neither the Wano samurai one. (But it's worst for the admiral hypothesis). So the question is: is he disguised? What you think?
    Last edited by ukimix; March 10, 2013 at 03:12 PM.

  19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts