Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chap !!!

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

3 1.91%
  • 2] Average

9 5.73%
  • 3] Good

41 26.11%
  • 4] Great

75 47.77%
  • 5] Epic

24 15.29%
  • 6] Top 10 in One Piece

5 3.18%
New Reply
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions - No Chapter This Week (Author Illness)

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions - No Chapter This Week (Author Illness)

Greg from the Onepiecepodcast and who works for Shueisha wrote in his facebook site about Oda's illness:

Quote Quote:
    Greg: Oda taking off for sickness is kind of a big deal. Fun fact: When Nami was sick in Drum, Oda came down with a high fever and yet he plodded through it without missing a beat. AT the time it was also his first illness in ten years . Man, or machine?

The good news? The fact that he was ill probably came to light approximately two and a half weeks ago. It *seems* to have snuck in between completing his manuscripts for the latest chapter and the printing of the last issue which should have been sent to the presses around that time (an issue takes a full week of printing and is completed *roughly* a week before release). There should have been enough buffer time as there's usually a three week gap but it seems to have hit at the worst possible timing leaving them without a chapter and without time to announce it last issue.

The reason? Probably because the illness ran longer than they (certainly Oda) expected.

So in short, Oda is probably in tip-top shape doodling away as you read this.
    Here you can find the schelude of the production of a chapter and here some interesting vids about it.
    Last edited by ukimix; March 14, 2013 at 09:57 AM.

2. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 701 Discussion/ 702 Predictions - No Chapter This Week (Author Illness)

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov D Paul View Post
    It's quite strange that no one pointed at THIS:http://www.mangareader.net/103-2645-...apter-538.html
    Left side of the upper scene, Iva tells Bentham who created the 5.5 level... Guy with tunneling ability... blind cause the world (mhh, Impel Down mhh) is too horrible of a place... Guess it's a good fit, isn't it? Seems like Shiki wasn't the only man escaping from Impel Down before the mass outbreak... Or maybe he was in level 6 and escaped after the Blackbeard incident, who knows.
    iva starts by saying "long time ago" and tells that the person was also regarded as the founder of the paradise. Iva was missing for many years from the allocated cell, so the person had to dig the tunnel long time ago i.e. before arrival of iva. So in my opinion the chance that both the persons are same is very slim but however it is a nice theory and i am open to it

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

So that guy is the one who created level 5,5,isn't this your idea? well,it may be. that man should be introduced sooner or later,though I don't know if it's the right time for that

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov D Paul View Post
    Left side of the upper scene, Iva tells Bentham who created the 5.5 level... Guy with tunneling ability... blind cause the world (mhh, Impel Down mhh) is too horrible of a place... Guess it's a good fit, isn't it?
    That is indeed a good theory. But it seemed like Avalo Pizarro had a jackhammer with him during the war. I could be wrong though, a bad scan I read back then.

Also, his ability seems to do with gravity or weight. The one who built L5.5 would need to go horizontal, weight and gravity wouldnt help the cause.

I wonder if Jimbei will be tempted to join Luffy soon. If he joins them at battle, the fight would be a lot easier.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Romanov D Paul's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, good to see that my idea stirred up some conversation. Now, fo course there is no way to be sure about it, but in regard to the timing: we all saw Ivankov free alongside Dragon and Kuma ten years ago, which means that his capture can't go back in time more then 10-9 years at most. So, the creator of the 5.5 level could easily be still alive. Second, on how his powers does actually work: I think it's related to pressure, meaning he could be able to exert a very powerful and progressive pressure over a given surface, this allowing him to dig through while bringing along everything and everyone happening to be on it.
    Last edited by Romanov D Paul; March 14, 2013 at 05:21 PM.
    "When in the end we'll reach our goal, then tell us how much our efforts were worth of"
    R. Rolland, "Jean-Cristophe"

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1 Major Issue with this theory of the blind man being the 5.5 level builder-
    His fruit apparently used pressure to create that Hole. If it is a pressure related fruit that causes the opening, then it only pressures an opening...it does not create new space. 5.5 is located between levels. If he is responsible for the creation of that level that would imply there was a large space between 5 and 6 to begin with, other wise he would make all of ID grow out of the ocean by the amount that 5.5 took up.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Asvard's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

i think that old man in last chapter is last shichibukai

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How about this, Law isn't giving back CC, why would he? CC has been listening in on the plan since he came aboard the sunny. Very poor idea to give him back with all of the info he has....also, Green Bitt seems like an ambush waiting to happen....why choose a location with ONE way in and out, DUMB

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

or you can go to the agony thread, for those who don't like to see a chapter thread dead.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy would be pissed at Law if he doesn't respect his promise to give back CC

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHat 13 View Post
    1 Major Issue with this theory of the blind man being the 5.5 level builder-
    His fruit apparently used pressure to create that Hole. If it is a pressure related fruit that causes the opening, then it only pressures an opening...it does not create new space. 5.5 is located between levels. If he is responsible for the creation of that level that would imply there was a large space between 5 and 6 to begin with, other wise he would make all of ID grow out of the ocean by the amount that 5.5 took up.
    Of course it has to be! Dont you think it wouldve been a secret if the Personal of Impel Down found out that the Space between 5 and 6 was all of a sudden so much larger than befeore? It had to be that this big space was there to begin with, otherwhise it would've been found out by someone.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Law needs to only give back half of CC to be on the safe side.

Rereading chapter 538 brought backs some memories. I had completely forgotten that Luffy lost ten years of his life because of battles. That aside, I'm not against the Blind-Ossan being the level 5.5 builder. I just really don't see him as a marine.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomu_Getsuga View Post
    Law needs to only give back half of CC to be on the safe side.

Rereading chapter 538 brought backs some memories. I had completely forgotten that Luffy lost ten years of his life because of battles. That aside, I'm not against the Blind-Ossan being the level 5.5 builder. I just really don't see him as a marine.
    It happens to me the same. I guess the best interpretation we have, until now, of his acts should be this from Lord Rayleigh:

Spoiler show

But if the blind justice theme explain in a beliavable way his acts (he doesn't mind about to be cheated, but he does about the violence agains others), interpreted in that way, it's difficult to see how a marine could have such an ideal. I mean, all in all, the marine are the main armed wing of the WG, a regime that protects Teryubitos even agains the life of others. Akainu is such an example, he is the dog of the absolute justice, and he didn't care about Ohara people, if the order was to protect that regime. And he should be the person who made of fujitora and admiral.

On other side, we have the other admirals have been creating from japanese actors. So, it's very believable to think that he is fujitora. But, Zatoichi, the reference-character for the blind man, in many respects, seems to be a paradigm of the blind justice. Only that he is much more a beggar that tries to prevent the violence agains the weaks; but again, he is not worried about the law or about the preservation of certain status quo. Pretty much like the blind man of the chapter.

To me, the blind man is such an ambiguos character. Someone before said he could be the shichibukai; and it's also possible if he is the old master, in comparison to the young master that now Dofalmingo is...
    Last edited by ukimix; March 15, 2013 at 09:07 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

instead,I think that the fact a new character (supposedly important) has been introduced,and that the main characters are visiting the island,means that we will have to wait,before witnessing law giving cc back to dd,at least 5-6 chapters,imo.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TitaniumOxide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great thoughts about the old dude, peoples. I'm not going to agree with any but they all got their own logic but depending on the situation this is what I hope will happen:

1. If this old dude turns out to be a shichibukai/random person, then Luffy will possibly have made a new friend.

2. If this old dude turns out to be a person loyal to DD, then Luffy/Mugiwaras got some serious horsepower to deal with.

3. If this old dude turns out to be an admiral from the marines, then hopefully he has empathy and has kuzan's + smoker's vision of justice. Luffy may have made a non sequiter marine friend. Kind of like an antihero almost but leaning more on the "hero" side since he is an admiral after all. <----- Personally my desired outcome but any would be great.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
    "Expected charity is a nicer way to demand slavery." - Terry Goodkind

If my grammar and overall writing sucks, my bad, im too lazy to do everything right on my fone.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast