Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 108 Discussion/ 109 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mazino's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 108 Discussion/ 109 Predictions

...i cant stop ...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member WEERG's Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad chapter and it sounds like he is transferring his ki center into Shiwoon and if he didn't shiwoons ki center wouldn't work even if he survived after this because of the strain he put on it and the gramps is going to save his ki center giving him his life energy what an honorable way to go

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gotdott View Post
    Are we reading the same thing here? If they stick around to fight the cops, how are they going to implicate the Sunwoo in connection to the bombing? One of their objectives was achieved.

And as for Shiwoon not getting his due yet, think of New Waves as the Empire Strikes Back of the series, the concluding part of the trilogy is just around the corner.
    r u saying now people think its Sunwoo who plant bomb ????? then whoever think its right i will say he is stupid why because in this bombing person who hurt is top member of Sunwoo so why will anyone think its Sunwoo clan who did it

i m disappoint because SUC left without loss but Sunwoo clan member r fighting why didnt Author do something that way good guys also got away why they have to fight copes because of this only good guys r losing (cops and Sunwoo clan r good guys). first time SUC members fight copes they were weak members and now they had 3 captains and about Sunwoo clan they can take Shinwoo to hospital or headquarter so SUC to fight cops and get out is not impossible. why they run like coward ???
    Last edited by suraj5898; March 09, 2013 at 04:31 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member WEERG's Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    r u saying now people think its Sunwoo who plant bomb ????? then whoever think its right i will say he is stupid why because in this bombing person who hurt is top member of Sunwoo so why will anyone think its Sunwoo clan who did it

i m disappoint because SUC left without loss but Sunwoo clan member r fighting why didnt Author do something that way good guys also got away why they have to fight copes because of this only good guys r losing (cops and Sunwoo clan r good guys). first time SUC members fight copes they were weak members and now they had 3 captains and about Sunwoo clan they can take Shinwoo to hospital or headquarter so SUC to fight cops and get out is not impossible. why they run like coward ???
    Martial Arts alliance may attack them now because of this incident

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WEERG View Post
    Martial Arts alliance may attack them now because of this incident
    i hope

i also hope in next chapter something happen and Sunwoo clan members and cop stop fighting and go to home without much loss to both side
    Last edited by suraj5898; March 09, 2013 at 07:41 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member gotdott's Avatar
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post

Yes exactly, that was the plan- the Sunwoo are the ones at the scene of the crime and now they are the ones holding off the cops. Tensions are already high between the MAA and Sunwoo, there will be some that believe the Sunwoo weren't the culprits but there are also others who will capitalize on this as an excuse.

Think about it, why would the captains stick around and fight an unnecessary fight, especially when Elder Kwon and more backup is likely on the way? Why would they "fight cops and get out" when they can just leave now? The captains aren't dumb fodder and they definitely aren't cowards.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member blennz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gotdott View Post
    Yes exactly, that was the plan- the Sunwoo are the ones at the scene of the crime and now they are the ones holding off the cops. Tensions are already high between the MAA and Sunwoo, there will be some that believe the Sunwoo weren't the culprits but there are also others who will capitalize on this as an excuse.

Think about it, why would the captains stick around and fight an unnecessary fight, especially when Elder Kwon and more backup is likely on the way? Why would they "fight cops and get out" when they can just leave now? The captains aren't dumb fodder and they definitely aren't cowards.
    first of all why would they believe THIS IS Shiwoon school WHY would he bomb his own school? it makes no sense at all and second the only tension there is from the Sun-Woo clan towards smug face which he pretended to be part of the MAA. The MAA leader doesn't even believe smug face when he tried to tell him he is the one behind S.U.C all Shiwoon has to do is talk to the MAA leader and this crap will be over.
    Last edited by blennz; March 09, 2013 at 06:14 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

what will happen next is Shioon waking up in the hospital just like what happened in the start of New Waves and he will learn that Asian Kimbo Slice is dead because of him and Shioon will renounce his Gaju title and will leave the clan because of him the clan and people he cherished will die or get hurt more because of him.

or after this incident Sunwoo will announce that Shioon died with Asian Kimbo Slice but Shioon will be sent somewhere else and i hope Sunwoo will ask BFD or Sosul will learned that Sunwoo needs the protection of her and Shioon and Bald Face will also confirm it to Smug-Face that Shioon is dead and they will start blaming Sunwoo for the explosion and MMA will take action
    Last edited by kidopitz27; March 10, 2013 at 04:12 AM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    what will happen next is Shioon waking up in the hospital just like what happened in the start of New Waves and he will learn that Asian Kimbo Slice is dead because of him and Shioon will renounce his Gaju title and will leave the clan because of him the clan and people he cherished will die or get hurt more because of him.

or after this incident Sunwoo will announce that Shioon died with Asian Kimbo Slice but Shioon will be sent somewhere else and i hope Sunwoo will ask BFD or Sosul will learned that Sunwoo needs the protection of her and Shioon and Bald Face will also confirm it to Smug-Face that Shioon is dead and they will start blaming Sunwoo for the explosion and MMA will take action
    I like that theory never thought of faking his dead so he can train in peace and make his grand entrance and reappearing and crushing the S.U.C with his time traning so he can be strong enough to wipe them out

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    And exactly thats what happened... Bulls eye..... (was there any spoiler you got your hands on ... )

I like the reaction on bald ryu learning that Shiwoon snapped out of his situation just like that .... He was not at all expecting that
    No spoiler, i just look for logical explanations within the framework of the authors story before I go and accuse them of being a terrible writer.

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post

Like yourself, halfcrzy and probably some others I think the author will take this opportunity to advance the story some days, weeks, or months from the events of this day. I'm not sure if Shioon will renounce his title or be allowed to do so, since that would both score a complete victory for the SUC, and in many ways undermine Elder Jung's sacrifice. The sacrifice was not just for Shioon, but alo for the future of the Sunwoo. I do agree though that the announcement to the Murim world may be that the Sunwoo clan had suffered both the loss of the Elder and their Gaju. Doing so would remove the threat the SUC poses to those around Shioon and perhaps give Shioon the chance to eventually get the jump on the SUC when they least expect it. I'm hoping that the Sunwoo takes this chance to train not only Shioon and Jinnie, but the New Waves of the Young Justice Gang as well in order to prepare them for the upcoming war that the SUC is waging.

The Sunwoo clan will have many difficulties ahead because of this incident. They don't really have any allies in the MAA, even though they are not responsible for the bomb they were on the scene when the police did arrive, and even resisted those police. Even if the government were to believe that the SUC were ultimately behind that incident, needing a scapegoat to placate the general public they will target the Sunwoo Clan, who is tangible, unlike the SUC. This is a real problem for the Sunwoo since the Government can seize their hospital, their Vila's, and whatever other assets they have. Just having to fight the government either physically or other means would be a drain to that clan.

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blennz View Post
    first of all why would they believe THIS IS Shiwoon school WHY would he bomb his own school? it makes no sense at all and second the only tension there is from the Sun-Woo clan towards smug face which he pretended to be part of the MAA. The MAA leader doesn't even believe smug face when he tried to tell him he is the one behind S.U.C all Shiwoon has to do is talk to the MAA leader and this crap will be over.
    Its like you haven't been reading the manga at all. Or maybe many readers aren't used to Asian back stabbing cultures between clans.

Remember the words of Gyum-Bum Yi, a large organization as the MAA (the collective of the martial arts clan) doesn't necessarily listen to the will of one person, especially after the MAA was disgrace by Nine Arts. Also remember the big emphasis that the author played out for the fall of Sunwoo and So-Sul's past. The MAA didn't realistically believe the legend of the 9 Yin Blockage; it was merely an excuse used as a pretext to rally everyone to attack the Sunwoo clan which was getting too powerful.

So while 3 Arts Dragon may be a righteous man, it certainly isn't as easy as Shi-Woon having a one on one and everything is all rosy.

I'm glad Elder Jung dies this way, it is a much more befitting death. There is a lot of interpretation to be gained from this chapter.

1) Elder Jung passes all of the ki he accumulated during his lifetime to Shi-Woon (according to A-Team's release). This aligns with the Wuxia genre that this manga is heavily influenced upon. The author have stated that the Manwha is inspired by the Condors Trilogies, written by the renowned Jin Yong. The 9 Yin Blockage that So-Sul have is a reference to the 9 Yin Divine technique written by Jin Yong. Often in his novels, one of the ways that hero get a huge power boost is by having a master (usually dying from old age) pass all of the ki they have accumulated during their lifetime to the disciple. Refer to Jin Yong's "Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils" and the character's Xuzhu, who is a weakling monk who becomes god like after inheriting the ki of the leader of the Carefree clan.

2) The first arc ended with his master '9 Arts Dragon' destroying his ki center. This arc is ending with his only other master saving him by giving him all the ki he has.

3) Shi-Woon had no real motivation to go after SUC. Sure his mom was injured, but that alone wasn't enough to go at them with a vengeance, especially after he already kicked (or maybe killed) the Dr who was responsible for it.

4) The ending page was beautiful. A serene image of Elder Jung healing Shi-woon, it gave a very peaceful message. Yet in the background we see a war going on between the police and Sunwoo fodders. Could it be a reference to the title "The Breakers", that the 'breaking' of the veil that separates the normal and murim world was coming? Does it mean that the peace is ending with the death of Elder Jung, and the sunset which is the fighting between both world a foreshadowing of the violence that is to ensue in the next arc?

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Akumakage's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok chapter. I honestly can't understand the obsession this author has with blood that he always makes shiwoon/oon a bloody rag doll. Does he enjoy painting bloody faces and gore scenes of his main character in every fight? must take him a long time to draw each scene.
    I feel sorry for the gramps. He basically died cause of a dumb kid that can't even use his powers properly. May he RIP. Having said that the fan fiction is screaming out of me saying gramps will be stopped before he completes his healing ritual and both him and shiwoon/oon get transported to Won-Jae place for some top notch healing sessions.

Questions

Anyone else find it weird where there is no one here taking pics of these SUC guys? For a genius this sera character is, she really messed up on that part. I mean you would think if you setting up a trap one of the main things you would do is to identify your enemy and record their action should they present themselves.

Also there is another thing that's been bugging me this whole time, where is sera? The master tactician is MIA. I so hope she is doing something from the shadows.
    Last edited by Akumakage; March 11, 2013 at 01:54 AM.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akumakage View Post
    Ok chapter. I honestly can't understand the obsession this author has with blood that he always makes shiwoon/oon a bloody rag doll. Does he enjoy painting bloody faces and gore scenes of his main character in every fight? must take him a long time to draw each scene.
    I feel sorry for the gramps. He basically died cause of a dumb kid that can't even use his powers properly. May he RIP. Having said that the fan fiction is screaming out of me saying gramps will be stopped before he completes his healing ritual and both him and shiwoon/oon get transported to Won-Jae place for some top notch healing sessions.

Questions

Anyone else find it weird where there is no one here taking pics of these SUC guys? For a genius this sera character is, she really messed up on that part. I mean you would think if you setting up a trap one of the main things you would do is to identify your enemy and record their action should they present themselves.

Also there is another thing that's been bugging me this whole time, where is sera? The master tactician is MIA. I so hope she is doing something from the shadows.
    i think she is in hospital

u remember first time shioon fight smiling blade in school they have 13 cameras so they could have them.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/the_b...s/c025/15.html
    so we will know about it very soon because fight is just ended . i will disappointed if author didnt have use cameras also if they have use cameras they can prof that sunwoo is not one who plant bomb

i think as she is in hospital its easy for her to give orders if they have cameras in school
    Last edited by suraj5898; March 11, 2013 at 03:15 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Sunwoo announcing that their Elder and Gaju both died in the explosion and there is also a good reason for that lie
    pros:
    -SUC will stop harassing them and they will be left alone SUC's main goal is for Sunwoo and MMA not work together
    -but this will also one of their mistake if Smug Face saying that Sunwoo is SUC will backfire because of one detail
    1.that their Gaju and Elder both died on their own bomb? and also the Gaju's School?
    2.and a lot of Sunwoo Underling died not with explosion injuries but martial arts attack that means some murim is attacking Sunwoo
    3. they know Shioon will not do those things
    -Kang Sung and Hyuk will not be convince on that detail and open an investigation

cons:
    1. Murims world is now in the open for the normal people to know because of SUC and Sunwoo attacking the police

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lido209boi View Post
    Its like you haven't been reading the manga at all. Or maybe many readers aren't used to Asian back stabbing cultures between clans.

Remember the words of Gyum-Bum Yi, a large organization as the MAA (the collective of the martial arts clan) doesn't necessarily listen to the will of one person, especially after the MAA was disgrace by Nine Arts. Also remember the big emphasis that the author played out for the fall of Sunwoo and So-Sul's past. The MAA didn't realistically believe the legend of the 9 Yin Blockage; it was merely an excuse used as a pretext to rally everyone to attack the Sunwoo clan which was getting too powerful.

So while 3 Arts Dragon may be a righteous man, it certainly isn't as easy as Shi-Woon having a one on one and everything is all rosy.

I'm glad Elder Jung dies this way, it is a much more befitting death. There is a lot of interpretation to be gained from this chapter.

1) Elder Jung passes all of the ki he accumulated during his lifetime to Shi-Woon (according to A-Team's release). This aligns with the Wuxia genre that this manga is heavily influenced upon. The author have stated that the Manwha is inspired by the Condors Trilogies, written by the renowned Jin Yong. The 9 Yin Blockage that So-Sul have is a reference to the 9 Yin Divine technique written by Jin Yong. Often in his novels, one of the ways that hero get a huge power boost is by having a master (usually dying from old age) pass all of the ki they have accumulated during their lifetime to the disciple. Refer to Jin Yong's "Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils" and the character's Xuzhu, who is a weakling monk who becomes god like after inheriting the ki of the leader of the Carefree clan.

2) The first arc ended with his master '9 Arts Dragon' destroying his ki center. This arc is ending with his only other master saving him by giving him all the ki he has.

3) Shi-Woon had no real motivation to go after SUC. Sure his mom was injured, but that alone wasn't enough to go at them with a vengeance, especially after he already kicked (or maybe killed) the Dr who was responsible for it.

4) The ending page was beautiful. A serene image of Elder Jung healing Shi-woon, it gave a very peaceful message. Yet in the background we see a war going on between the police and Sunwoo fodders. Could it be a reference to the title "The Breakers", that the 'breaking' of the veil that separates the normal and murim world was coming? Does it mean that the peace is ending with the death of Elder Jung, and the sunset which is the fighting between both world a foreshadowing of the violence that is to ensue in the next arc?
    The MAA leader has more authority then you give him credit for the former alliance chief over ruled them before and the new one is more powerful then the previous in strength anyway

1) not sure if your talking to me about this or not since i haven't mention it at all

2)well this is obvious don't know about part 2 ending yet

3)They killed his master

4)This fight between the normal and the murim has been happening for a while 9arts started it and the S.U.C started it in korea when they started attacking the police as a message this is just in a bigger scale with a terrorist bombing of the school.

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast