Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 61 to 66 of 66

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 108 Discussion/ 109 Predictions

  1. #61
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 108 Discussion/ 109 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by blennz View Post
    The MAA leader has more authority then you give him credit for the former alliance chief over ruled them before and the new one is more powerful then the previous in strength anyway

    1) not sure if your talking to me about this or not since i haven't mention it at all

    2)well this is obvious don't know about part 2 ending yet

    3)They killed his master

    4)This fight between the normal and the murim has been happening for a while 9arts started it and the S.U.C started it in korea when they started attacking the police as a message this is just in a bigger scale with a terrorist bombing of the school.
    Seriously, you are missing A LOT of obvious points that have been drilled again and again throughout this manga.

    Sure Kang-Sung is strong, but remember that even the previous MAA Chief couldn't do whatever he wanted. And that was before it was crushed by 9 Arts Dragon. At its state of supremacy, even the previous chief had to obey the other clan leaders and So-Chun Hyuk. This is why he put up with So-Chun Hyuk even when it was contrary to his true objective. The illusion that the Heavenly Way Clan (the strongest clan after the fall of the Sunwoo) was endorsing his actions was very important to him, after all its been repeated stated that the Murim follows the strongest.

    For example, after the death of the Iron Fist chief, one of the clan leader warns the chief that if he doesn't deal with this the clan leaders are going to take independent action. This is exactly what they did when the three elders went to confront 9 Arts Dragon, basically a big F-U to the authority of the MAA and illustrating that the MAA is not absolute. Note though, the other elders didn't go with the three elders that confronted 9 Arts Dragon. They didn't go because the Chief told them not to ... no, they didn't go because So-Chun Hyuk said that he is siding with the chief since he felt he was not experienced enough to make an individual assessment. The words of So-Chun Hyuk are the words of the Heavenly Way, as such it is the word of the strongest, and consequently the words of the Murim.


    It has also been suggested that Kang-Sung is either too inexperienced or too moral to be a capable Chief. Recall the phone call So-Chun Hyuk had with him; he basically got told by a little kid that he needs to do a better job if he wants to save the murim, referring to how he will punish his younger martial brother for using a gun. Kang-Sung is soft ... not like the previous Chief who can rule with an iron fist and manipulate the political agenda of the other clan leaders. The will of the MAA is not the will of its chief, but its constituents.

    You are confusing the title of the MAA Chief to that of a King, when it has never been portrayed that way. The title of the MAA Chief is at best that of 'President' or 'Minister', with the other clan leaders acting akin Congress and Parliament. "The Breaker: New Waves" itself is undeniably a political allegory of conservatism vs liberalism. The rise of a new wave of martial artists challenging the status quo (liberalism) against the status quo of the current clan elders who dominate the Murim (conservatism). Within this political allegory is of course the corruption of politics that is very evident throughout The Breaker.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #62
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member blennz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 108 Discussion/ 109 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by lido209boi View Post
    Seriously, you are missing A LOT of obvious points that have been drilled again and again throughout this manga.

    Sure Kang-Sung is strong, but remember that even the previous MAA Chief couldn't do whatever he wanted. And that was before it was crushed by 9 Arts Dragon. At its state of supremacy, even the previous chief had to obey the other clan leaders and So-Chun Hyuk. This is why he put up with So-Chun Hyuk even when it was contrary to his true objective. The illusion that the Heavenly Way Clan (the strongest clan after the fall of the Sunwoo) was endorsing his actions was very important to him, after all its been repeated stated that the Murim follows the strongest.

    For example, after the death of the Iron Fist chief, one of the clan leader warns the chief that if he doesn't deal with this the clan leaders are going to take independent action. This is exactly what they did when the three elders went to confront 9 Arts Dragon, basically a big F-U to the authority of the MAA and illustrating that the MAA is not absolute. Note though, the other elders didn't go with the three elders that confronted 9 Arts Dragon. They didn't go because the Chief told them not to ... no, they didn't go because So-Chun Hyuk said that he is siding with the chief since he felt he was not experienced enough to make an individual assessment. The words of So-Chun Hyuk are the words of the Heavenly Way, as such it is the word of the strongest, and consequently the words of the Murim.


    It has also been suggested that Kang-Sung is either too inexperienced or too moral to be a capable Chief. Recall the phone call So-Chun Hyuk had with him; he basically got told by a little kid that he needs to do a better job if he wants to save the murim, referring to how he will punish his younger martial brother for using a gun. Kang-Sung is soft ... not like the previous Chief who can rule with an iron fist and manipulate the political agenda of the other clan leaders. The will of the MAA is not the will of its chief, but its constituents.

    You are confusing the title of the MAA Chief to that of a King, when it has never been portrayed that way. The title of the MAA Chief is at best that of 'President' or 'Minister', with the other clan leaders acting akin Congress and Parliament. "The Breaker: New Waves" itself is undeniably a political allegory of conservatism vs liberalism. The rise of a new wave of martial artists challenging the status quo (liberalism) against the status quo of the current clan elders who dominate the Murim (conservatism). Within this political allegory is of course the corruption of politics that is very evident throughout The Breaker.
    I haven't missed anything i just don't care to write a paragraph explaining myself that's from a manhwa which is pointless and Kang-Sung is the chief for a reason you make him sound like he's a glorified figure head he does have some sway he's not there to look pretty.

  4. #63
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    No Trust Re: The Breaker : New Waves 108 Discussion/ 109 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by blennz View Post
    I haven't missed anything i just don't care to write a paragraph explaining myself that's from a manhwa which is pointless and Kang-Sung is the chief for a reason you make him sound like he's a glorified figure head he does have some sway he's not there to look pretty.
    So you whine and scream 'PLOTHOLE!' and demand an explanation for inconsistency ... but god forbid you critically analyze and interpret a manga/manhwa on a forum that is meant for discussing it! Oh no, discussing is below you and not worth your time, on a forum meant for discussion.

    As for Kang-Sung, sure he is strong, probably one of the strongest, it is clear his strength is going to play a big part in the manga. The point is no matter how strong he is, he is still bound as a Murim (and now his duty as Chief). He is a conservative just like So-Chun Hyuk, he wants to maintain the status quo and tradition of the Murim. He is, thus bound and limited to the tradition and the maintenance of the conservative ideals he want to uphold. Make no mistake, no matter how much of a nice guy Kang-Sung may be, this is a person that is willing to do the bidding of the previous alliance chief despite knowing his true intentions. He is a person that who's master said had the ability to become the 9 Arts Dragon but chose not to in order to preserve the tradition and conservative values of the Murim. It could be that ultimately and philosophically Kang-Sung truly feels that the conservative ideals of the Murim is the right way to govern, that it is the best way for the people of the murim and ordinary people to coexist.

    But just because someone truly believes for a righteous cause that kicking your ass is in the best interest of everyone, and he may do it reluctantly with his hands forced by others; he is still kicking your ass at the end of the day.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #64
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,034
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 108 Discussion/ 109 Predictions

    You know, after re-reading this chapter for the 10th time... sure Elder Jeon is super awesome, but if they really want to save Shioon's life, shouldn't they stop the bleeding... right now... while he still has some left.

    Wouldn't it have made more sense to wave the police on through so that the ambulances and fire department crews waiting behind could get in and treat the injured? Doesn't treating the police like they are the enemy actually turn them into the enemy. The MAA usually has the police turn a blind eye to murim activity but the police won't be likely to do this after the swat team and riot police take injurys.

  7. #65
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member gotdott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    China
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 108 Discussion/ 109 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by blennz View Post
    I haven't missed anything i just don't care to write a paragraph explaining myself that's from a manhwa which is pointless and Kang-Sung is the chief for a reason you make him sound like he's a glorified figure head he does have some sway he's not there to look pretty.
    Apparently you have. While he's not a glorified figurehead, it was established at the beginning of New Waves that he was having trouble exerting the same amount of control that the previous head had. The MAA isn't exactly unified under his will, and while there are those who may sympathize with what happened to Shiwoon at the end of The Breaker, there are still those who want him dead, and also those who would take this opportunity to strike against the Sunwoo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    Wouldn't it have made more sense to wave the police on through so that the ambulances and fire department crews waiting behind could get in and treat the injured? Doesn't treating the police like they are the enemy actually turn them into the enemy. The MAA usually has the police turn a blind eye to murim activity but the police won't be likely to do this after the swat team and riot police take injurys.
    It was likely because the police wouldn't have understood what Elder Jeon was doing and disrupted the healing process. He didn't want to risk that. Also you have the think of what they were seeing upon entering the school grounds. It was a bomb site with many suspicious characters in suits and several bloodied figures.
    Last edited by gotdott; March 11, 2013 at 08:48 PM.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #66
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member blennz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker : New Waves 108 Discussion/ 109 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by lido209boi View Post
    So you whine and scream 'PLOTHOLE!' and demand an explanation for inconsistency ... but god forbid you critically analyze and interpret a manga/manhwa on a forum that is meant for discussing it! Oh no, discussing is below you and not worth your time, on a forum meant for discussion.

    As for Kang-Sung, sure he is strong, probably one of the strongest, it is clear his strength is going to play a big part in the manga. The point is no matter how strong he is, he is still bound as a Murim (and now his duty as Chief). He is a conservative just like So-Chun Hyuk, he wants to maintain the status quo and tradition of the Murim. He is, thus bound and limited to the tradition and the maintenance of the conservative ideals he want to uphold. Make no mistake, no matter how much of a nice guy Kang-Sung may be, this is a person that is willing to do the bidding of the previous alliance chief despite knowing his true intentions. He is a person that who's master said had the ability to become the 9 Arts Dragon but chose not to in order to preserve the tradition and conservative values of the Murim. It could be that ultimately and philosophically Kang-Sung truly feels that the conservative ideals of the Murim is the right way to govern, that it is the best way for the people of the murim and ordinary people to coexist.

    But just because someone truly believes for a righteous cause that kicking your ass is in the best interest of everyone, and he may do it reluctantly with his hands forced by others; he is still kicking your ass at the end of the day.
    not once have i said plothole or demanded anything of the sort i have never demanded anything in my life all i just said was for Shiwoon to have a sit down with Kang-Sung to discuss the attack's on his life well if i didn't specifically write it down that was my fault for not better explaining my self.

    EDIT: the part about not writing a paragraph is more about laziness then anything else its a drag

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts