Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Theory about Vergo having Metal paramecia Devil Fruit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Theory about Vergo having Metal paramecia Devil Fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    We saw her turn to snow, we saw her use snow powers, there was the whole harpy and Yuki-onna theme going on. There was no need to put a box with the words: Yuki Yuki no Mi, it's more than enough when Nami is introducing her as such.

Spoiler show

Straws, you are reaching the last ones available. Throw someelse onto me to debunk. :P
    If not for Nami and obvious looks of her ability usage..

My straws are fine. Time will tell. Im off from here until Vergo will be back in a flashback or story. This will put and end to this discussion.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The argument was about introducing the Devil Fruit powers within the arc and that's exactly what happened. I do no understand what else you would expect, the box? Really? We know that Oda hasn't always introduced the power within those boxes as he often took his time, like half the arc or more to suprise us, just as he does right now with nearly the whole Doflamingo crew.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I already made a point that eating hamburgers, even if they are many, doesn't lead to those effects in normal life, those people you found are special cases.

And as I mentioned before, there is a testified memory loss because of asiderosis/iron defienncy, none which I can find about an excess of iron though.

About food sticking to pots, yeah of course it does when it's fatty or a sticky substance. That's where phsysics some into play, you have to consider friction resistance, tension and adhesion. e.g. when I eat a soup, there is some stuff sticking to the sides of the bowl[ceramic, not iron/metal], like a part of the onion. + For Vergo it's a quirk in addition to that. And if material science has thought me anything, than that bonds are about electrons, not metals.
    Those people were special cases because of their diet- google "metal poisoning symptoms". You made a point but honestly it does not make it "fact". If you would read links that I posted before you reply it would be great.
    Considering food sticking to metal read those links from before.
    http://www.scienceofcooking.com/why_food_sticks.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_der_Waals_force

The argument was about introducing the Devil Fruit powers within the arc and that's exactly what happened. I do no understand what else you would expect, the box? Really? We know that Oda hasn't always introduced the power within those boxes as he often took his time, like half the arc or more to suprise us, just as he does right now with nearly the whole Doflamingo crew.
    To be honest it was no more than a good guess from strawhats this time around. For first time.

As for rest of argumentation I wonder why you keeping blind eye to food sticking to Vergos face end even metal spoon. Your data about metal in food, not even mentioning memory problems that is something documented as result of heavy metal poisioning from diet rich in heavy metals and explaining to me that there is need for oil for food to stick to metal is silly considering you have no problem with spoons/ food sticking to Vergo without any explanation at all.

Also you are cool with fact that in most accurate translations Sanji named Vergos body as made of metal or something like that- there was nothing about "hardening like metal"- ask on AP forums. Its cool for you that Laws ability didnt worked on Vergo how it should considering that its electrical shock working in your opinion on human body- Tekkai dont block it and Vergos haki was shown to be weaker than Laws ability so this move should have great chance of electrocuting and KOing Vergo, not to mention how differently effect of counter shock looked used on Yeti Cool Brother and Vergo. You also dont want to see that DF users are sometimes attracted to their element so to say.
    All that proves that there is no point in continuig this now.

You believe that all I state is somehow false- just thinking of him possibly being DF user is too much for you so ok. You are forcing a bit your reasoning purely because you cant agree with any of my arguments till now. So once again- lets wait till flashback and see.. This kind of discussion is a bit tiring.
    For me its clear now that you dont agree with anything because of you attitude towards pure fact that I state Vergo possibly being Metal paramecia DF user.
    Untill Laws flashback - for me - its a waste of time discussing this further with you Schabrak.
    Last edited by vagabond87; December 02, 2013 at 03:24 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

The best chance of Vergo having that metal paramecia is if he's meant to be reintroduced, but some evidence against it was Sanji's "mass of iron" remark. That phrase has always been used when referring to tekkai, and with the many varieties of foods and objects that stick to Vergos face, I felt Oda couldve shown more metals stick to him and not just on that one part of his body to let us piece it together on our own.

I still like the idea of him having unrevealed powers for any return he might make.

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebullet Teacher View Post
    The best chance of Vergo having that metal paramecia is if he's meant to be reintroduced, but some evidence against it was Sanji's "mass of iron" remark. That phrase has always been used when referring to tekkai, and with the many varieties of foods and objects that stick to Vergos face, I felt Oda couldve shown more metals stick to him and not just on that one part of his body to let us piece it together on our own.

I still like the idea of him having unrevealed powers for any return he might make.

FuS
    The mass of iron remark is probably not proper translation. Here we have cnet128 translation and its probably one of best translations around. Also in anime Sanji said that Vergo seems to be made out of metal.
    http://mangahelpers.com/t/cnet128/releases/35921

As for metal not sticking much to Vergo for me it would make us guess Vergos ability too early- earlier than Oda would want. His slight magnetic properties might connect to weapon that he uses- bamboo instead of sword or pure CQC like most of Vice Admirals that were shown till now.

I will stick to thinking that Laws flashback is set to change our view on Vergo a lot, maybe not change but fill up with info that seems to be lacking at the moment.
    Oda likes to do reveals that make re-reading arcs have new flavour.
    So just looking at those reactions from Law when he seen Vergo
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show
    points towards something really traumatic that Vergo done to Law- it will give plenty of place to reveal what happened along with my prediction.

I am adding here page from Volume 60- official translation that for me points towards Vergo being Metal Paramecia DF user even more than translations that we had till now:

Thanks to Monquito from Arlong Park forums
    Last edited by vagabond87; December 22, 2013 at 08:07 AM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why only my post was deleted in the 733 thread...

How does the official american translation change anything when it's exactly the same as cnet's, which we have used to discuss the topic before?

And gonna quote Zehahaha's post as it's a good and complete argumentation already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Absolutely different cases.

Vergo was given a proper introduction + a fight in PH, he was literally the " boss " in that arc, Urouge from the very start was part of the Supernova and was hinted by Oda to be a rival thanks to Shakky talking about the group in general, he was also shown after that going to the NW, basically Oda set him as one of Luffy's rivals

Vergo no, not only he did get defeated by Law with everything he had, DD didn't even mention his DF ability, but his Haki prowess, he insisted on Haki, enough said.

Vergo doesn't have anything else to show, he's a VA who is extremely proficient with Haki + Rokushiki and got OS by Law

Even when Sanji hit him, and suppose he does have a Metal fruit paramecia, why his body didn't change at all ? As far as I'm concerned, the one similar to him should be Daz Bones, and whenever he used his powers, his body changed, same for Jozu too with his diamond, so why in the many instances where he was being attacked and actually tanked all the attacks, his body didn't change AT ALL

Haki + Tekkai = Extremely resilient body basically, how hard it is to believe that ? Even Luffy said he uses Haki for defensive purpose when he tried to defend against Hodi Jones bite but couldn't do it because his Haki isn't strong yet for that

I'm honestly getting tired of repeating this, but once more : Making theories on the base of assumptions and not facts is wrong. If you wanna predict something, not only you use the patterns used by the author, the hints, but also the facts

@vagabond

Vagabond's theory is only built on mere assumptions, and as far as I'm concerned : Tekkai = " Turning the body into an iron carapace " as Blueno said, now if you still insist on believing in your theory, your choice really, but that's it, I'm tired as fuck of this debate because we're just repeating the damn arguments (that you don't have IMO, as I believe those are just assumptions)
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why only my post was deleted in the 733 thread...

How does the official american translation change anything when it's exactly the same as cnet's, which we have used to discuss the topic before?

And gonna quote Zehahaha's post as it's a good and complete argumentation already.
    This picture was like confirmation of official translation- for Rosebullet Teacher mostly, read one post above.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    So just looking at those reactions from Law when he seen Vergo points towards something really traumatic that Vergo done to Law- it will give plenty of place to reveal what happened along with my prediction.
    When Doflamingo narrated the leadup to Vergo's fight with Law, I thought it was pretty clear that Vergo had simply beat the snot out of Law in the past. I suppose he was vaguer than that, but I still think that's the most likely interpretation.

I also can't picture someone with an iron-body DF training to coat their entire body in haki. Usually if you want to get stronger, you compensate for your weaknesses, not replace your strengths with similar strengths.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    When Doflamingo narrated the leadup to Vergo's fight with Law, I thought it was pretty clear that Vergo had simply beat the snot out of Law in the past. I suppose he was vaguer than that, but I still think that's the most likely interpretation.

I also can't picture someone with an iron-body DF training to coat their entire body in haki. Usually if you want to get stronger, you compensate for your weaknesses, not replace your strengths with similar strengths.

Why not perfect some ability that might upgrade even further possible devil fruit power? Metal paramecia + CoA hardening would make monster out of Vergo- in durability and attack power. Its like saying that you dont see sense in Jozu mastering haki(just an example).

Also you really put "=" between iron devil fruit and CoA haki? Haki is used to amplify power of attacks and to beat crap out of/protect yourself from devil fruit users.

As for narration of leadup to Vergos fight- do you mean that you dont expect flashback or what?
    Look at those pages once again
    Spoiler show
    Law looks traumatized and Vergo says something about adults always getting to know. This screams "flashback incoming" for me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    As for narration of leadup to Vergos fight- do you mean that you dont expect flashback or what?
    I'm talking about this: http://d220.diamond.fastwebserver.de...e/0690-015.png
    I agree there could be more to it, but I think the Vergo aspect is most likely just Vergo beating a young Law into a bloody pulp.
    I'm sure we'll get a Law flashback, but probably about Cora with Vergo maybe playing a minor role. I do think Vergo is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Why not perfect some ability that might upgrade even further possible devil fruit power? Metal paramecia + CoA hardening would make monster out of Vergo- in durability and attack power. Its like saying that you dont see sense in Jozu mastering haki(just an example).

Also you really put "=" between iron devil fruit and CoA haki? Haki is used to amplify power of attacks and to beat crap out of/protect yourself from devil fruit users.
    CoA can also be used to defend yourself, like armor. I'm suggesting that if I had a superpower that gave me kickass armor, I would probably focus my training on something other than learning a different way to give myself kickass armor. I would probably also hit people with my rad super-human metal limbs rather than use a piece of bamboo.
    An iron man becoming a CoA expert would be like Mr. 1 training in swordsmanship or Ace learning to use a flamethrower. Why bother? Learn something else instead. If he had put as much effort into mastering CoO as he had into CoA, maybe he'd have noticed Smoker trying to steal Law's heart.
    Last edited by RichardMNixon; December 30, 2013 at 05:19 PM.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ikahel's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Oda ever let a character play a major role with major screen time without mentioning their powers if they had one? I can't remember a single one, do you?
    Donquixote Doflamingo ability was a mystery prior to dressrosa arc, still we don't know how the hell Blackbeard can steal other devil-fruits and he didn't showed up this skill until summit war.

I don't want to argue about Vergo state but after I read some of those theories, I would like to recall a scene where Vergo asked Monet about his sword 'coz he thought that he is a swordsman. WHAT IF VERGO JUST FORGOT THAT HE HAD A DEVIL FRUIT? : DDDD

Another thing,
    Spoiler show

all important members of DD family that we already have seen in action have a DF ( except of Dellinger but we don't know how he beat Bellamy).
    As i said, i don't care about Vergo and on another hand it would be strange if DD would just abandon Vergo if he would know about his DF.
    Last edited by Ikahel; December 30, 2013 at 07:59 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ikahel View Post
    WHAT IF VERGO JUST FORGOT THAT HE HAD A DEVIL FRUIT? : DDDD
    Ha, I'd be down with that explanation.
    I think a logia would be more useful in that case though if he needs to put himself back together. Would it satisfy your theories if he was a metal logia, vagabond?

Plus I'd be kind of disappointed if the T-1000 never showed up in OP.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    Ha, I'd be down with that explanation.
    I think a logia would be more useful in that case though if he needs to put himself back together. Would it satisfy your theories if he was a metal logia, vagabond?

Plus I'd be kind of disappointed if the T-1000 never showed up in OP.
    I would rather go for good old T-800 He would rearrange himself right away in my opinion if he was logia. Doflamingo would ask him why he didnt put himself back together already if logia would be in play.

Vergo seemed to have talent for CoA, he was set up by Doflamingo as marine and his target was most probably to become boss of G5 marine base. To become Vice Admiral you have to be proficient with haki. As an example Sanji was said by Oda to be talented in CoO, Zoro in CoA, Luffy in CoC. So for me Vergo being specialist in CoA haki is pretty normal considering that haki was a must in his position and he is for 15 years in marines. Fruit would help him in ways and would not render mastering CoA useless. What would he do if he would have to fight strong logia if he didnt mastered haki? You cant beat strong haki user or a logia without proper tools or luck of the devil that Luffy had in first part of One Piece is.

As for your pick on hitting with your metal limbs instead of bamboo you were right in one way and you forgot about something in my opinion.
    Look back at Sanji vs Vergo http://www.batoto.net/read/_/130252/...y_mangarule/15 and here http://img.batoto.net/comics/2012/09.../img000014.png you can see that Sanji is clearly faster fighter than Vergo, less durable at cracking of leg shown but at same time he is simply slower than what Sanji shown. Testament of it for me was this page http://www.batoto.net/read/_/131089/...y_mangarule/17 where Sanji avoided point blank kick to the face and tanked one moments before(because he gotten cocky- worst mistake in New World) and this page when we see Sanji after the fight http://img.batoto.net/comics/2012/09.../img000004.png even though he presumably holded back in using one of his legs as it was damaged he still is shown to be perfectly fine beside leg thing. So Vergo didnt landed a single hit on him after cracking leg. To me this says that for some reason Vergo in CQC isnt up there with Sanji, thats why he has bamboo weapon, bamboo is very light + gives some extra range to all attacks and with Vergos CoA it can be really great weapon making up a bit for him not being fast enough with his body.

Flashback will explain what "terror of Vergo" means to Law. It has to be something more than simple beating if Law was traumatized by it, maybe some breaking arms/legs or killing Laws pet/friend after it for hiding something from older Doflamingo crew members.

Also Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy my ass RichardNixon Soon you probably will be sorry that you wrote that some time ago

As funny as your idea is Ikahel(its also cool to see another person from Poland here cheers!) I still think that Vergo used his devil fruit power but wasnt throwing names around, simply put his metal limbs in use here and there.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why he would need a metal paramecia. It would be a 100% useless writing decision by Oda. It wouldn't really make him stronger or more special. He was just the best CoA user the Strawhats have faced so far. Even CP9 said that they have metal bodies!

Why I think it would be uneccessary:
    Many of you guys act like metal paramecia would make Vergo surviving possible. If everything you care about is if he survives or not then even without a DF he could be alive. Who says that he can't use CoA just because he is cut up? Also who says that the explosion would've killed him in the first place? We have seen many characters survive insane stuff. So he wouldn't need metal paramecia to SURVIVE. But what for??? What would giving him a DF change?

Imo it would be a silly writing decision. And stuff sticking to him is just 4 the lolz if that was a hint then it was a horrible one.

PS: Like somebody mentioned before: we have never seen anyone with a DF being introduced without his Df being introduced aswell. I could only imagine that being the case if it was NECESSARY to explain something. And it isn't.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on guys, he has Busoshoku Haki which he can imbue apparently through his entire body + Tekkai.

The guy only lost due to Law's hax, he is powerful enough without a DF.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast