Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HSDK Chapter 512 discussion/513 predictions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 512 discussion/513 predictions

all the chapter is out on mangapanda and mangahere!
    Last edited by Zatono; March 01, 2013 at 01:20 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chapter 512 discussion/513 predictions

Well, this was an interesting chapter regardless of what people might say about miu vs rimi fights. I did kinda expected rimi to be fully defeated this chapter though... The idea that the fight would continue past all of her constant powerups by learning another powerup never occured to me. It almost made the 11 billion other powerups she has used during the fight worth it lol. Anyways, obviously rimi is asking to learn sei do gyo although I am not so sure of how exactly she intends to learn that right now. Perhaps kensei will use it and rimi will copy it. Anyways, as usual with the current rimi vs miu fight the interesting part is not the actual fight but rather the implications and what we learn of ki. If rimi uses sei do gyo she will effectively be the first one to use the technique while also having a fully released ki. In terms of scale it should be far superior to what we have seen of kano or ryuto before. I wonder if it is even possible to use it with an awakened ki. Activating the technique usually gives huge power however it also quickly deteriorates the user. Kano is perhaps the more extreme example of that. Up until he activated sei do gyo he had taken but a few hits at most (contrary to kenichi who had taken an overwhelming beating) however mere moments after activating the technique and using it he said he was already at his limit. Even if the technique is possible for a being with released ki I have the impression that the drawbacks will be much more severe. Rimi might actually die here.

Anyways, the best part of the chapter was obviously kenichi's interaction with kensei. In particular the part where kenichi thanks kensei. This is what the chapter said:

Ogaata: You grew up well boy
    Kenichi: Its thanks to you
    Ogaata: Yeah, I know

This is how I read it:

Kenichi: Yes, it is thanks to you... and because the elder ironically used you as a device for me to choose the path of the katsujinken and sei even though you are a dou user and a satsujinken.
    Ogaata: Yeah, I know.... don't rub it in.

I know the conversation did not actually have those undertones because of the underlying and real innocence there is to both of their personalities however I couldn't help but feel this is what the conversation should have been like. Somehow this moment made the chapter for me.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked the part where Kenichi approached Ogata as well. Depsite there different paths he did so respectfully and with out fear. Kenichi acknowledged his influence on the path he chose even if it was different from his. I think Ogata respects that and even acknowledges Kenichi's choice and growth with the I know. I say that because a lot of readers don't seem to want to get the implied undertones that have been placed through out this manga unless specifically stated. Such as Kenichi having no talent, not strong enough, no ki control etc. but that's another discussion. Pretty good chapter, though I do wander why they are pushing this Miu vs Rimi so much.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Anyways, the best part of the chapter was obviously kenichi's interaction with kensei. In particular the part where kenichi thanks kensei. This is what the chapter said:

Kenichi: Its thanks to you
    Ogaata: Yeah, I know

This is how I read it:

Kenichi: Yes, it is thanks to you... and because the elder ironically used you as a device for me to choose the path of the katsujinken and sei even though you are a dou user and a satsujinken.
    Ogaata: Yeah, I know.... don't rub it in.

I know the conversation did not actually have those undertones because of the underlying and real innocence there is to both of their personalities however I couldn't help but feel this is what the conversation should have been like. Somehow this moment made the chapter for me.
    Actually the "I know" was in response to Kenichi's "however". So it was more like

Kenichi: thanks for helping me, but we are still enemies.
    Ogata: I know.

Which was actually said in the next page.

Ogata's face at Rimi's plea.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 512 discussion/513 predictions

B+

I would have gave this chapter an A if the possibility of a continuation of the girls fight had not been mentioned. I mean seriously come on now. JUST LET THE FIGHT END. I hope Ogata puts Rimi in her place next chapter by telling her to accept her failure of not defeating Miu like a true martial artist. A loss is a loss. Rimi is lucky Miu held back during her final assault.

Bright spot of this chapter was the interaction between Kenichi and Ogata, but of course you all know that.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mr Untouchable's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Ogata fails to teach Rimi that technique because if he does succeed I think Miu will accidentally kill her. I hope next chapter Kenichi and Berserker actually do resume their fight.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BlkPeregrine's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting chapter. I'm hoping that as Ogata goes to teach Rimi the technique, Ryuuto jumps in to persuade both Kensei and Rimi to not go through with it. Using the logic that Master's don't get involved in disciple fights (since Kensei is cheating right now), and that he tells Rimi that she doesn't need her to do that since he doesn't want her to go through needless injuries (just like he said to her from the first time they met).

Interesting is how Miu is incorporating her tidat training into her fight style more and more as he dou ki has activated. That should make for even more interesting sparring matches between her and Kenichi.

Kenichi showing respect to Kensei was awesome and then letting him know that it was because of him that he was able to go down the living fist path of martial arts. Though at first I was thinking he was going to thank Kensei for saying Ryuuto when they were fighting the first time.

I really want to get back to Kenichi's fight and see at least one of the yomi win their match. I mean Kenichi is about to put a beat down on beserker and beserker is really about to cut loose since he got a taste of how strong Kenichi really is when he could dispatch of him quickly when Miu is in trouble.
    When you cross paths with a beast, are there any guarantees... that you won't be mauled by it

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenichi and Ogata was AWESOME! I always that, that would ever happen when they met again. Kenichi has always spoken highly of Ogata every time he has been brought up. The last page makes me question what is going to happen. "Masters dont get involved Disciples fights" that has always been a rule in this manga. If your Disciple gets beat then you train them some more, sometimes losing is a lesson unto it's self. So does Ogata break the rule in order to save his disciple or does he tell her to accept her loss and he'll train her later. Because let's be honest he is going to kill Tanaka, because Tanaka is 1000 years early to defeat a master of Ogata's caliber.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, the Ogata-Kenichi interaction was great. However, isn't it about time that one of the masters shows up? I get the feeling at least one of them is watching from a distance (Hayato?) and is probably going to intervene before Rimi destroys herself or something.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The masters didn't intervene during the Kenichi and Ryuto fight when they knew Ryuto was practically destroying his body while using Roar as One, so why should they interfere here? I mean it's not their disciple after all, so they probably don't care too much except for Akisame who despises Ogata for using his disciples as experiments. However, Akisame didn't do shit either to save Ryuto from destroying his body, he stood and watched like the others.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OcasoEterno04's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    The masters didn't intervene during the Kenichi and Ryuto fight when they knew Ryuto was practically destroying his body while using Roar as One, so why should they interfere here? I mean it's not their disciple after all, so they probably don't care too much except for Akisame who despises Ogata for using his disciples as experiments. However, Akisame didn't do shit either to save Ryuto from destroying his body, he stood and watched like the others.
    But they have their reasons, one is that masters can't interfere in their disciples fights, also that using roar as one was ryutoo's decision even if that decision destroyed him.
    I also think the masters are somewhere near the battlefield I don't think they would let all the sinpaku alliance to be in one specific place without any protection, but if they are around there then that means that kensei will have to fight them or flee but I think this is the right time for kensei to be defeated by ryouzanpaku.
    <b><font color=black>GO BIG</font></b>

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BlkPeregrine's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The masters don't intervene in disciple fights. No matter how much they want to, they recognize that they have to restrain themselves because that is how disciples grow. Intervening in a disciple fight not only disrespects the martial arts code, but also brings upon the opportunity for another master to attack your own disciple. That would be certain doom for any disciple facing a master class martial artist. Aside from that, the biggest part is that right now the two paths of martial arts are deciding who is stronger by who raises the strongest disciple. So at the heart if a master intervenes in a fight between disciples, it shows that whichever path does so is not the strongest.
    When you cross paths with a beast, are there any guarantees... that you won't be mauled by it

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Deadbear's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I would be surprised if this fight did continue. Sure Ogata is crazy but I don't see him throwing away disciple for no reason. If it is indeed Sei do gyo that Rimi is asking for (and judging from Ryuuto's reaction it might very well be) what incentive would Ogata have? I think by stepping forward now he is tacitly acknowledging Miu's victory and Rimi's defeat.
    I would expect a power-up from Berserker after watching Miu. The self taught fighting prodigy just saw something interesting. And what happens when he sees or thinks of something interesting? He either fights it or fights with it.
    Kenichi's reaction to what Rimi said was both funny and cliche (in a romantic comedy manga sort of way, which this is in part).
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. --Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
    I dare you to find a more badass quote.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Went kenichi walk toward ogata I tough kenichi was about to punched right on the face .

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Kenichi reaction to what rimi said is show every time in the anime.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryuzaki L's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbear View Post
    Actually I would be surprised if this fight did continue. Sure Ogata is crazy but I don't see him throwing away disciple for no reason. If it is indeed Sei do gyo that Rimi is asking for (and judging from Ryuuto's reaction it might very well be) what incentive would Ogata have? I think by stepping forward now he is tacitly acknowledging Miu's victory and Rimi's defeat.
    I would expect a power-up from Berserker after watching Miu. The self taught fighting prodigy just saw something interesting. And what happens when he sees or thinks of something interesting? He either fights it or fights with it.
    Kenichi's reaction to what Rimi said was both funny and cliche (in a romantic comedy manga sort of way, which this is in part).
    Maybe he will use Ryuusei Seikuken.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast