Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43

Thread: Theory: Uzumaki clan knew how to seal the Sharingan activation.

  1. #16
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theory: Uzumaki clan knew how to seal the Sharingan activation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Tsunade has neither her grandfather's Mokuton or grandmother's unique chakra, so of course she would lack their skills. And Itachi implied there were Uchiha's before that had gained EMS, which is how they discovered exactly what is needed to gain it.
    I think he simply implied they gained MS. To gain EMS you need a sibling who has also unlocked MS, something that was unheard of prior to Madara and Izuna and extremely rare after. We only know of 6 Uchiha who have ever gained MS, and while it was implied there were others, since Madara Sasuke is the only confirmed EMS user.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  2. #17
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theory: Uzumaki clan knew how to seal the Sharingan activation.

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313
    That's according to kushina. But that's somehow impossible. I even doubt there's a clan or nation who's powerful enough to wipe out the entire uzumaki clan.
    Based on what? What have you seen from the Uzumaki clan, outside of making good hosts for bijuu, that would imply the entire clan was so powerful they couldn't be whipped out... like they were?

  3. #18
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,819
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theory: Uzumaki clan knew how to seal the Sharingan activation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    I think he simply implied they gained MS. To gain EMS you need a sibling who has also unlocked MS, something that was unheard of prior to Madara and Izuna and extremely rare after. We only know of 6 Uchiha who have ever gained MS, and while it was implied there were others, since Madara Sasuke is the only confirmed EMS user.
    It was both MS and EMS. Itachi mentions that exchanging eyes could only be done between clansmen and that there wasn't a guarantee that exchanging eyes would awaken EMS. So it seems apparent that a few others managed to gain MS and attempt to gain EMS, with enough failing in it to establish the rules behind it.

  4. #19
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    =[地獄]=
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,998
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theory: Uzumaki clan knew how to seal the Sharingan activation.

    I would love to see Naruto delve into his clan's secrets. But will that ever happen? No. RASENGAN!!
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

    # of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

  5. #20
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theory: Uzumaki clan knew how to seal the Sharingan activation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    It was both MS and EMS. Itachi mentions that exchanging eyes could only be done between clansmen and that there wasn't a guarantee that exchanging eyes would awaken EMS. So it seems apparent that a few others managed to gain MS and attempt to gain EMS, with enough failing in it to establish the rules behind it.
    Cool thanks man. Rereading that chapter enlightened me a bit. First Madara gave in to despair then he was possessed by the MS which forced him against his will to take his brothers eyes. He wanted forgiveness which shows Madara felt guilty. An outside force (10 tails) used his despair to control him. Itachi was immune from his love of Sasuke. Madara isn't himself anymore. We know who he is now. He loved peace like Hashi did. I think talk no Jutsu will convert Madara back and its probably gonna be every Edo and live shinobi vs Juubi. We may see Hashi and Madara fight together along side Naruto and Sasuke. Just my guess but anything is possible.
    Last edited by redrob098; March 03, 2013 at 10:27 PM.

  6. #21
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theory: Uzumaki clan knew how to seal the Sharingan activation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    It was both MS and EMS. Itachi mentions that exchanging eyes could only be done between clansmen and that there wasn't a guarantee that exchanging eyes would awaken EMS. So it seems apparent that a few others managed to gain MS and attempt to gain EMS, with enough failing in it to establish the rules behind it.
    Yes and they tried and seemingly failed. Itachi never stated anyone succeeded, he simply stated that is why there were so many sacrafices. As it stands, Madara and Sasuke are the only EMS users. Others tried and failed, likely because you needed another set of eyes, who probably had to be your brother, to also awaken MS.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  7. #22
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,819
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theory: Uzumaki clan knew how to seal the Sharingan activation.

    Quote Originally Posted by redrob098 View Post
    Cool thanks man. Rereading that chapter enlightened me a bit. First Madara gave in to despair then he was possessed by the MS which forced him against his will to take his brothers eyes. He wanted forgiveness which shows Madara felt guilty. An outside force (10 tails) used his despair to control him. Itachi was immune from his love of Sasuke. Madara isn't himself anymore. We know who he is now. He loved peace like Hashi did. I think talk no Jutsu will convert Madara back and its probably gonna be every Edo and live shinobi vs Juubi. We may see Hashi and Madara fight together along side Naruto and Sasuke. Just my guess but anything is possible.
    Doubt MS is an actual force that could possess him. And Madara's reasoning, according to Itachi, was that he became so caught up in protecting the rest of his comrades that he believed that only he was capable of doing everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Yes and they tried and seemingly failed. Itachi never stated anyone succeeded, he simply stated that is why there were so many sacrafices. As it stands, Madara and Sasuke are the only EMS users. Others tried and failed, likely because you needed another set of eyes, who probably had to be your brother, to also awaken MS.
    There had to be successes, else there would have been no reason for them to believe that the exchange of eyes could work for anyone else. And said successes would have established the brotherly exchange being the only option. So while Madara and Sasuke are the only known users, they couldn't be the only ones in the entire history of MS.

  8. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,055
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theory: Uzumaki clan knew how to seal the Sharingan activation.

    How did you simply assume they were as powerful as Senju clan? There is nothing to even suggest that they knew any other sealing-Ninjutsu that could potentially seal ocular abilities. In fact, it has never been implied in the manga. If that was the case, Hizuren probably would have used it to seal Orochimaru's arms rather than sacrificing his life through Death God seal.

  9. #24
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theory: Uzumaki clan knew how to seal the Sharingan activation.

    [QUOTE=Rikudou King;3333036]Doubt MS is an actual force that could possess him. And Madara's reasoning, according to Itachi, was that he became so caught up in protecting the rest of his comrades that he believed that only he was capable of doing everything.

    I didn't mean the MS itself but the Juubi used the MS to if not control Madara then to influence him without him being aware of it. I'm actually assuming that the Juubi is the reason every Uchiha has the ability to activate the Sharingan. Simply cause I saw the pic of the Juubi with that 9 tamoe Sharingan. It may or may not be true. I am also assuming that SO6P had children after he became a jinchuriki and somehow the genes of the Juubi mixed in with the sage. The younger brother had love in his heart which prevented the Juubi from influencing his behaviors with the Sharingan while the older brother did not as power was most important to him. The older brother activated the Sharingan and thus passed the "Sharingan gene" along. The activation of the Sharingan and each level after further allows the Juubi more influence on said person. The Juubi connects to the Sharingan like Pain connects to his vessels except that the Juubi has to battle with a human mind. I believe this may be why sasuke didn't activate the EMS just a few chapters because he isn't as angry as he was before. Just a theory. Itachi had the Sharingan gene but his love of Sasuke prevented the Juubi from controlling him. Thoughts?

  10. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theory: Uzumaki clan knew how to seal the Sharingan activation.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Based on what? What have you seen from the Uzumaki clan, outside of making good hosts for bijuu, that would imply the entire clan was so powerful they couldn't be whipped out... like they were?
    Does the manga stated that the uzumaki possess a large chakra pool, amazing life force and powerful chakra? They're being feared because of their sealing abilities and unique ability. That's enough proof that they're powerful enough because they're being feared by the ninja world.

    Large chakra pool + amazing life force + powerful chakra + unique ability + sealing techniques = monster/beast.

    ---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    How did you simply assume they were as powerful as Senju clan? There is nothing to even suggest that they knew any other sealing-Ninjutsu that could potentially seal ocular abilities. In fact, it has never been implied in the manga. If that was the case, Hizuren probably would have used it to seal Orochimaru's arms rather than sacrificing his life through Death God seal.
    Huh?

    why hiruzen would seal orochimaru's hand with a sealing jutsu for ocular abilities?

    Even if the manga never implied anything, it doesnt mean they can't. In fact, the manga itself never shown their entire calibers of sealing techniques or what kind of sealing jutsus they had in their arsenal.

  11. #26
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,055
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theory: Uzumaki clan knew how to seal the Sharingan activation.

    ^ The point here is sealing abilities specific to users. Ocular or otherwise. I thought it was obvious the way I said it?

    This reverse logic doesn't put weight on anyone's arguments. I say Udon kills BM Naruto with a single snot shot. Prove me wrong.

  12. #27
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theory: Uzumaki clan knew how to seal the Sharingan activation.

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313
    Does the manga stated that the uzumaki possess a large chakra pool, amazing life force and powerful chakra? They're being feared because of their sealing abilities and unique ability. That's enough proof that they're powerful enough because they're being feared by the ninja world.

    Large chakra pool + amazing life force + powerful chakra + unique ability + sealing techniques = monster/beast.
    That's not enough to claim that they couldn't be wiped out when they were clearly wiped out. The Senju and Uchiha both were reviled far more than the Uzumaki and both of those clans are almost non-existent now. My point is it makes no sense to try to place the Uzumaki on a higher pedestal than the Senju and Uchiha when it suffered a worse fate than both of these clans. They've shown absolutely nothing that makes them more feared than the two most powerful clans in the manga, so stop playing fast and loose with the narrative just because you want Naruto to seem more special than he already is.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #28
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theory: Uzumaki clan knew how to seal the Sharingan activation.

    Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    How did you simply assume they were as powerful as Senju clan? There is nothing to even suggest that they knew any other sealing-Ninjutsu that could potentially seal ocular abilities. In fact, it has never been implied in the manga. If that was the case, Hizuren probably would have used it to seal Orochimaru's arms rather than sacrificing his life through Death God seal.
    Hang on. Hiruzen wasn't trying to seal shit, he was trying to outright kill Orochimaru. He failed because Orochimaru managed to kill him before he could complete the seal, and thus only sealed his arms.

    As for the sealing the Sharigan, it's entirely possible. How? Because something similar has already been done.

    The Caged Bird Seal on the Branch Family members of the Hyuuga clan seals the users eye powers permanently upon death. Considering the Uzumaki's are the best seal users ever, it's hardly a stretch to think they could have figured out something similar.

    ---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    There had to be successes, else there would have been no reason for them to believe that the exchange of eyes could work for anyone else. And said successes would have established the brotherly exchange being the only option. So while Madara and Sasuke are the only known users, they couldn't be the only ones in the entire history of MS.
    Doubtful. Just because people fail at something over and over again doesn't mean others stop trying. Just look at all the Sages who turned into Stone Frogs. They know it worked because it worked for Madara, that's all the evidence they would need to keep trying.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  15. #29
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,819
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theory: Uzumaki clan knew how to seal the Sharingan activation.

    Quote Originally Posted by redrob098 View Post
    I didn't mean the MS itself but the Juubi used the MS to if not control Madara then to influence him without him being aware of it. I'm actually assuming that the Juubi is the reason every Uchiha has the ability to activate the Sharingan. Simply cause I saw the pic of the Juubi with that 9 tamoe Sharingan. It may or may not be true. I am also assuming that SO6P had children after he became a jinchuriki and somehow the genes of the Juubi mixed in with the sage. The younger brother had love in his heart which prevented the Juubi from influencing his behaviors with the Sharingan while the older brother did not as power was most important to him. The older brother activated the Sharingan and thus passed the "Sharingan gene" along. The activation of the Sharingan and each level after further allows the Juubi more influence on said person. The Juubi connects to the Sharingan like Pain connects to his vessels except that the Juubi has to battle with a human mind. I believe this may be why sasuke didn't activate the EMS just a few chapters because he isn't as angry as he was before. Just a theory. Itachi had the Sharingan gene but his love of Sasuke prevented the Juubi from controlling him. Thoughts?
    The Juubi doesn't appear to be anything but a mindless beast so far. That could change, but at this point, it seems more like a pawn in the current game then the mastermind. And both sons would have had "love" in their hearts. As Tobirama claimed, the Uchiha's were even more loving then the Senju, and that's the reason they tended to be so vengeful after losing someone.

    And the EMS thing is most likely an artistic mistake. Kishi has done it before and as far as we know, once EMS is gained, the eyes can only go between that and the regular Sharingan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Doubtful. Just because people fail at something over and over again doesn't mean others stop trying. Just look at all the Sages who turned into Stone Frogs. They know it worked because it worked for Madara, that's all the evidence they would need to keep trying.
    But without another success, there would be no reason to believe the exchange would result in anything other then failure. For all the failures with Sage Mode, there are also several successes and the mechanics to achieve success is known. Itachi surely wouldn't have staked everything on a blind gamble that had only worked once. There had to have been others who achieved it through the brother exchange to show that it wasn't a fluke unique to just Madara.

  16. #30
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Theory: Uzumaki clan knew how to seal the Sharingan activation.

    [QUOTE=Rikudou King;3333616]The Juubi doesn't appear to be anything but a mindless beast so far. That could change, but at this point, it seems more like a pawn in the current game then the mastermind. And both sons would have had "love" in their hearts. As Tobirama claimed, the Uchiha's were even more loving then the Senju, and that's the reason they tended to be so vengeful after losing someone.

    And the EMS thing is most likely an artistic mistake. Kishi has done it before and as far as we know, once EMS is gained, the eyes can only go between that and the regular Sharingan.

    I don't believe that 1 through 9 tails have a consciousness but the 10 tails doesn't. The manga mentions that the older son specifically believed that power was the key to peace not necessarily the entire Uchiha clan. No one person represents the entire clan. So the Uchiha son was not a loving person. He sounds more like a dictator. Don't get me wrong it mentions that both sons wanted peace but the older son didn't love like the younger son did. Maybe if he did then things would be different. If the older son really did inherit the sages eyes wouldn't he have received the Rinnegan and not the Sharingan? The sage has not been shown to have the Sharingan, only the Rinnegan.
    Last edited by redrob098; March 04, 2013 at 11:37 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts