Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 7.2 / 10)

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

    1 3.85%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

    3 11.54%
  • 8 (Epic)

    12 46.15%
  • 7 (Good)

    5 19.23%
  • 6 (Average)

    1 3.85%
  • 5 (Below Average)

    2 7.69%
  • 4 (Bad)

    0 0%
  • 3 (Horrible)

    1 3.85%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

    0 0%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

    1 3.85%
New Reply
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 369

Thread: Claymore 137 Discussions

  1. #211
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    You mean the AB in the lower right third panel with the wings?
    When I look at it, its wings and legs were cut off.
    I mean, it could or could not be dead.
    The three images shown were just to reinforce that Cassandra's Dust Eater was pretty OP.
    And those three images were to just show the attacks in action, cutting up the enemy in horizontal lines.
    You said you wouldn't see how those cuts could kill her. You're correct.
    Perhaps you didn't see it happen. Yagi couldn't portray EVERY death of the ABs like that, or it would be boring/waste of time for him.
    I'm sure that wasn't the last swing of the strands from Cassandra.
    Her Duster Eater technique with those strands involves them revolving around and around at high velocity.
    The winged AB probably got killed by the next few rounds of those strands.
    (Also, doesn't that strand Dust Eater attack sort of remind you of the Destroyer and its projectiles?)

    Furthermore, it's not the first time that the Ghosts or Chronos and Lars were wrong.
    The Ghosts did say two out of seven (Octavia and the other AB) survived, and Europa ended up living.
    Maybe they were wrong and more actually lived.

    And as to Chronos and Lars, they seem pretty stupid and dumb to me.
    I'll laugh if they ended up joking and Europa turns out to be pretty weak.


    Remember that these ARE higher-tier ABs, so it's not uncommon for most of them to have better Yoki Supression/Yoki Hiding abilities like Riful had.
    Besides, it would be incredibly hard to distinguish the Yoki energies with a huge Yoki from Cassandra, crapload of ABs, Yomas, and Claymores all around the same place.
    And don't forget that Priscilla and Riful-doll are emitting a nuclear-cloud of Yoki from their battle already.
    i guess your right she probably got minced and we just did not see it

    Do you think the Riful doll will get more fuel ?(the destroyer maybe)....or maybe the riful doll will eat Cassandra and gain some power that way? she shows no fear nor dose she seem concerned...so i dont think we have seen all of her yet....plus Dae is only guessing about prissy so he could be wrong.....wonder what dae will do once he finds out about the half awakened warriors being so close by.


    Dont you think there has to be something about Cynthia , yuma and tabitha....they have survived just as long as the H/A or are they just proof that if given enough time any warrior can become strong...I.E. Yuma going from n40ish to "a single digit"
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  2. #212
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Kenya
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    But is it mandatory for something to have to be extremely large to become an AO?
    You're implying that an AB must be large to hold so much Yoki.
    I thought Yoki didn't take up space. It would just be more densely packed, like air or something.
    Sure, we have Riful and Isley who are massive and are AOs, yet we have Priscilla, who is extremely tiny in comparison in her AB form.
    Maybe Europa will actually be pretty powerful; to have an AO-level Yoki at such a small size must mean she has incredibly densely packed Yoki, sort of like Priscilla with her volcano-like Yoki surges.
    You misunderstand. The example you gave above of Priscilla is clear proof you don't have to be humongous to have a lot of yoki. Being aware of her I wouldn't suggest or imply anything else.

    My point was this: it would be fine if her whole body had awakened, but only her head did. I guess it's possible, even as small as it is, to contain all her power, though it's somewhat odd.

    But in addition to that, it didn't look like she was giving off massive amounts of yoki when shifting to her awakened form, the way other powerful ABs do. That's what had me wondering.

    Quote Quote:
    I also wanted a clarification on Europa's awakening.
    When she awakened, the part with all the blades and all, was that her whole body?
    From what I saw in the manga, it was ONLY HER HEAD that awakened.
    And from ABs, it seems like it's quite common for an AB to have multiple heads.
    Therefore, it's quite likely that the rest of Europa's body is elsewhere and it also awakened....separately?
    And then the two parts join together..to create something massive? /confused
    Indeed only her head awakened, and it seems what we see now is the body she has as an AB. It would be cool if she could awaken the rest of her body separately. If it still lives, that is.

    Quote Quote:
    Other theory is that Europa can completely hide Yoki in parts of her body.
    This suggests the reason why she seemed to emit little or no Yoki while awakening (her head).
    And then the rest of her body must have the AO-level of Yoki on it.

    Funny sloth.
    I would like that very much, and it's certainly plausible going by what we saw. Even Clare apparently couldn't detect her. But somehow I doubt Yagi is going to do anything like that. He seems determined to get rid of all ABs, and giving her an ability like that makes her tough to deal with.

    Mostly though, I have no hopes about her. Haven't forgotten the treatment the last three Abyssal Ones got.
    Shiro 2

  3. #213
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sutafu
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    i guess your right she probably got minced and we just did not see it

    Do you think the Riful doll will get more fuel ?(the destroyer maybe)....or maybe the riful doll will eat Cassandra and gain some power that way? she shows no fear nor dose she seem concerned...so i dont think we have seen all of her yet....plus Dae is only guessing about prissy so he could be wrong.....wonder what dae will do once he finds out about the half awakened warriors being so close by.


    Dont you think there has to be something about Cynthia , yuma and tabitha....they have survived just as long as the H/A or are they just proof that if given enough time any warrior can become strong...I.E. Yuma going from n40ish to "a single digit"
    Riful-doll?
    Right now, I'm not really concerned about if she will get more powerful.
    What I'm concerned about is if Yagi will tell us what the hell she is and where she came from before he kills her off or something...
    Got me really worried here, it's been literally three to four chapters and we still have any slight idea about that "thing", other than resorting to calling it a "Riful-doll".
    As for getting more fuel, not really sure how the Riful-doll could eat Cassandra...I mean, the Riful-doll's mouth is about the size of a human's mouth, give or take.
    How exactly do you fit some Eiffel Tower into a mouth that tiny?
    Though Yagi's making everyone bent on Priscilla ending up winning this fight (as always), do you really believe something will happen otherwise?

    As for the Riful-doll having a stubborn personality and confidence, it's similar to that of Clare's obsession towards Priscilla.
    Both don't really care about anything other than killing their enemies, as Riful-doll stated, "I hate you!"
    However, I don't believe Riful-doll will get any "more" energy.
    Whatever Dae is saying about Riful-doll running out of energy seems pretty intact; there have been a case where all three original Abyssal Ones ran out of Yoki energy, despite their superior Yoki reserves; Luciela when running away from Isley during their fight, Isley when fighting the Abyssal Eaters, and Riful who couldn't even regenerate while fighting Priscilla.
    Isn't it quite ironic all three AOs suffer that fate?
    Or it could be even purposeful, setting up the stage for Riful-doll's impending doom.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post
    You misunderstand. The example you gave above of Priscilla is clear proof you don't have to be humongous to have a lot of yoki. Being aware of her I wouldn't suggest or imply anything else.

    My point was this: it would be fine if her whole body had awakened, but only her head did. I guess it's possible, even as small as it is, to contain all her power, though it's somewhat odd.

    But in addition to that, it didn't look like she was giving off massive amounts of yoki when shifting to her awakened form, the way other powerful ABs do. That's what had me wondering.



    Indeed only her head awakened, and it seems what we see now is the body she has as an AB. It would be cool if she could awaken the rest of her body separately. If it still lives, that is.



    I would like that very much, and it's certainly plausible going by what we saw. Even Clare apparently couldn't detect her. But somehow I doubt Yagi is going to do anything like that. He seems determined to get rid of all ABs, and giving her an ability like that makes her tough to deal with.

    Mostly though, I have no hopes about her. Haven't forgotten the treatment the last three Abyssal Ones got.
    The last three Abyssal Ones ate each other and stuff.
    So Poor Europa's going to get eaten by Cassandra? D= /tear

    On a more serious note, it seems like Europa's full body will end up much, much larger.
    Right now, Europa's head, in comparison to the Claymores, is slightly larger than an overgrown elephant.
    Seeing as most ABs we've seen all have their head being relatively smaller their than bodies, I think we're seeing another Cassandra-sized being here.

    I also was curious about the Awakening process regarding huge ABs like Isley and Cassandra.
    I'm sure they don't just go magical-cloud POOF and end up a few hundred times larger in a split second.
    It seems like they undergo a disgusting enlargement, in extremely weird proportions, and then end up like the form they're in.
    Although with Priscilla, it seems like she just gets some buff muscles (anime).

  4. #214
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Kenya
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    @ number12michael

    Riful-Doll looks done for. Maybe she knows it, and so has decided to go down still smiling and fighting. I doubt she would have it any other way.

    As for getting more fuel, she has run out of options, unless the Destroyer is still alive, but you never know. Even if it were possible for her to absorb it, I don't see Yagi going down that route, and Priscilla most likely wouldn't allow it.

    As for Cynthia and the others, I would say they had a high potential to begin with. Who knows, Yagi could surprise us with a revelation about them.

    But they don't grow as fast as the Half-Awakened. I don't get the impression that any of them is higher than number 5. Cynthia should be stronger, but she doesn't look it.

    @ Whirlzap

    Don't get your hopes up There is a chance Europa might end up like we are speculating, but honestly though, I doubt Yagi will give her that chance.
    Shiro 2

  5. #215
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post
    @ number12michael

    Riful-Doll looks done for. Maybe she knows it, and so has decided to go down still smiling and fighting. I doubt she would have it any other way.

    As for getting more fuel, she has run out of options, unless the Destroyer is still alive, but you never know. Even if it were possible for her to absorb it, I don't see Yagi going down that route, and Priscilla most likely wouldn't allow it.

    As for Cynthia and the others, I would say they had a high potential to begin with. Who knows, Yagi could surprise us with a revelation about them.

    But they don't grow as fast as the Half-Awakened. I don't get the impression that any of them is higher than number 5. Cynthia should be stronger, but she doesn't look it.

    @ Whirlzap

    Don't get your hopes up There is a chance Europa might end up like we are speculating, but honestly though, I doubt Yagi will give her that chance.
    yeah cuz cynthia was a rank higher then Deneve , so other then the fact that deneve is h/a cynthia should be stronger

    like i said before Yuma is the one who needs explained how can 7 years of training take you from "n40ish" to "a single digit" but then again she is a different type of warrior as i believe Yuma,Cynthia and tabitha are all Defensive types so you cant really compare them to attackers.

    And i dont think all the awakened beings are done for , i am quite confadant that Octavia, Chronos(lars is iffy), and Europa will survive and will flee or help confront prissy.....i dont think yagi would kill Octavia and Chronos off because they are like the warriors "connection" to the Awakened beings......but knowing yagi i could see Lars and Europa being killed by prissy(i would love for Europa to fake even that death) lol
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  6. #216
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sutafu
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    I believe that Yuma, Cynthia, and Tabitha have all gotten pretty strong, just not in terms of offensive strong.
    They were all defensive warriors to begin with, so we cannot really measure their improvement with offensive fighting ability.
    However, through their training, they've actually all gotten pretty superior in their Yoki sensing, healing ability, and Yoki synchronization.
    Although in terms of digit, they probably aren't in anywhere beyond the number five caliber, they are sure to achieve some single digit level (5-9).

    And the seven years of training was more arduous and developmental than you think.
    I think it's actually quite reasonable that Yuma went from a number forty-something to a lower single digit from those seven years.

    The reason behind Deneve being more powerful than Cynthia is not only because she was a half-awakened, but because she sort of started picking up a more offensive type of warrior personality and fighting style after Undine's death (her double Claymore style).
    From that, she is now a defensive and decent offensive type warrior.

    Also, I'm ashamed to say this, but I wrote Deneve as a he because of that haircut she has and her personality.
    The world.

  7. #217
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    I believe that Yuma, Cynthia, and Tabitha have all gotten pretty strong, just not in terms of offensive strong.
    They were all defensive warriors to begin with, so we cannot really measure their improvement with offensive fighting ability.
    However, through their training, they've actually all gotten pretty superior in their Yoki sensing, healing ability, and Yoki synchronization.
    Although in terms of digit, they probably aren't in anywhere beyond the number five caliber, they are sure to achieve some single digit level (5-9).

    And the seven years of training was more arduous and developmental than you think.
    I think it's actually quite reasonable that Yuma went from a number forty-something to a lower single digit from those seven years.

    The reason behind Deneve being more powerful than Cynthia is not only because she was a half-awakened, but because she sort of started picking up a more offensive type of warrior personality and fighting style after Undine's death (her double Claymore style).
    From that, she is now a defensive and decent offensive type warrior.

    Also, I'm ashamed to say this, but I wrote Deneve as a he because of that haircut she has and her personality.
    The world.
    lol she is quite a good warrior she has fighting skills that can match a offensive fighter but she is a defensive type so she has amazing regeneration(even more so due to her H/A)
    i am iffy about helens extendable limbs(and the fact that she can apparently shoot her arms at a speed thats just as fast as the projectiles shot by the AO Hysteria ? who was the fastest warrior in history.(although i guess Teresa could have been faster...and Roxanne had no problem keeping up with there fight(Miriavshysteria)


    I hope Yuma and the others get there time to shine as they failed at there task of reaching cassandra.


    And what is the chance that the other warriors at the Org will show up? or do you think they will show up after everything is done(maybe they all show up saying the Org has returned to staff )
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  8. #218
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sutafu
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    lol she is quite a good warrior she has fighting skills that can match a offensive fighter but she is a defensive type so she has amazing regeneration(even more so due to her H/A)
    i am iffy about helens extendable limbs(and the fact that she can apparently shoot her arms at a speed thats just as fast as the projectiles shot by the AO Hysteria ? who was the fastest warrior in history.(although i guess Teresa could have been faster...and Roxanne had no problem keeping up with there fight(Miriavshysteria)


    I hope Yuma and the others get there time to shine as they failed at there task of reaching cassandra.


    And what is the chance that the other warriors at the Org will show up? or do you think they will show up after everything is done(maybe they all show up saying the Org has returned to staff )
    Hysteria was one of the fastest in history, undoubtedly.
    Her speed stat was, without question, at least S rank, due to her Elegance ability.
    However, her awakened form seemed to be completely based on speed.
    She got pierced and destroyed easily by one of Cassandra's necks...suggesting that she had a crappy Invulnerability rating.
    At least her Yoki should be decent (at least A?).
    I honestly feel like Hysteria was a fodder number 1.
    The only excuse for her killing so many at Rockwell was her speed.
    Why? Because that's all that she was remembered for; The number one, Hysteria, moved so fast that no one was able to match up to her.
    So, to give a little overview of Hysteria's stats, my idea would be;

    Yoki: A
    Speed: S
    Strength: B+
    Mentality: A
    Perception: A
    Leadership: C

    Why leadership as terrible?
    Because, based on her personality of refusing to be slayed and sending a Black Card simply because she didn't want an "inferior" lower ranked Claymore to kill her leads me to infer that she was a pretty bossy leader.
    Why her strength? Because it seems like she was only remembered for her speed.
    Although that poses a badly supported argument about her strength, this is just personal thought.

    What about the idea of Teresa being faster than Hysteria?
    Well, I honestly don't think so.
    Remember that when Irene was talking to Noah and Sophia, she stated that, individually, her own swordsmanship, Noah's speed, or Sophia's strength, was superior to that of Teresa's.
    And Noah's speed stat was only A+, whereas Teresa's speed stat was A.
    With Hysteria being a number one that is ESPECIALLY known for her speed, it is safe to assume Hysteria's speed is higher than A+, or that of Noah's, thus having her being faster than Teresa.

    However, we have a different argument here.
    Irene stated that Teresa's sole special ability of unparalleled Yoki Perception (not her enormous Yoki, since Irene was not even aware of Teresa having THAT much Yoki; she underestimated her; originally she understood that Teresa, being a number one, should have huge Yoki, but never that much) allowed her to counter and become superior than all three of those superior abilities placed against her.
    And remember, this is just Yoki Perception.
    We also know that Yoki alone has the ability to boost all the other stats.
    So in a fair argument, I'm 100% sure with that already S rank Yoki status Teresa has, she would be able to surpass Hysteria's speed if BOTH Awakened.
    However, without using Yoki at all, Hysteria could be faster than Teresa in terms of base speed.

    Yet then we have some ambiguity here.
    Is Hysteria's speed entirely as a result of her Elegance ability?
    In other words, without Elegance, would Hysteria really be that fast?
    Or is Elegance simply taking advantage of her already base S speed that we have given her, and her speed stat does not regard her Elegance ability.
    I think that Hysteria would still be really fast, but not as fast, without Elegance.
    Elegance seems to give a little boost to Hysteria's speed ranking, working off of it.
    But in a battle without Yoki, it would make sense that Elegance couldn't be used.
    So Hysteria's speed actually decreases a bit.

    But if we argue the other way, that Elegance does not assist her in speed, then yes, she should be able to defeat Teresa in a no-Yoki battle.

    However, does Teresa's Yoki Sensing require releasing Yoki?
    If yes, then we know Teresa will lose for sure; she's already inferior in the speed aspect.
    If no, then Teresa will be able to see the attack coming before it is executed.
    So now we believe that speed won't matter at all, since Teresa can predict the future.
    But.

    If this all comes down that way, then it's really based off of whether Hysteria's execution speed will be faster than Teresa's brain->muscle processing speed, which is quite unlikely, since brain->muscle is occurring in Hysteria's own attack while she attacks.

    Another interesting thing would be having AB Priscilla's speed VS Hysteria.
    We know AB Priscilla's speed, or at least reaction speed is incredibly good.
    (During her battle against Isley in his human form, she was able to catch his arrows and snap them. Isley remarks that she was the first to ever do that. So this suggests Priscilla has amazing speed AND strength.)
    Clare says that to beat Priscilla you would need speed and technique, since that's what Priscilla does not dominate in.

    However, we know Priscilla was able to easily see Helen's arm extend attack and grab it.
    It's a pity that we didn't see Priscilla VS Hysteria.
    Perhaps Hysteria would've been able to beat Priscilla, since as Clare said, you would need Speed (Hysteria's natural speed) and Technique (Elegance or her AB make-a-chunk-in-opponent attack thingy) to beat her, and Yagi tried to avoid another illogical plot hole.

    But that's too much digression.

    As for the other Claymores arriving, I honestly doubt it.
    What's most likely to happen in my mind;
    We finally see something happen to the Destroyer. Last time we checked, we just left it there in the middle of nowhere. Does not really make any sense for it to be there, and it honestly was never alive in the first place...so....
    Something about the Mainland happens, something about DoD happens; why? Because that was the whole main plot of the story until Yagi started digressing like mad.

    To be honest, I have no idea what to expect now. Some fifty chapters ago, we were in the perfect Claymore world, all organized and all.
    And now we're in....just....CHAOS.
    We have AO-level stuff coming out of nowhere that we still have no freaking idea about it's origins.
    And Yagi just keeps throwing more bizarre stuff in without working the earlier problems out...(WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE WHY IS THE RIFULDOLLL FML)

    I honestly feel like if I were a townsfolk, I would enjoy the Org's days more than the current state of the world.

  9. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #219
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    Some things are hard to follow, how strong are Miria and Clare?

    Clare beat Rigardo (missing an arm, awakened) and he was number 2 back then. Yet they had 7 years to practice... I forgot in which chapter, but it said Miria would win a 1v1 against Clare. Does that mean Clare and Miria are both stronger than any AB still alive (Chronos, Lars, Octavia, maybe Europa and I forgot who the fifth is)? Miria seemed to be impressed by the power of the surviving AB for some reason, stating they are the 5 strongest survivors, as if it was a big deal for her.

    If Miria is stronger than Clare and Clare beat Rigardo, while they both had 7+ years of training, it took that many years for Clare to equal Irene's quick sword. Why is Miria so surprised to see how strong the surviving AB are? Why did Miria have such a big problem with Hysteria? Shouldn't Miria be close to a #1 if not a #1 right now? Even without them being awakened, why are Miria and Clare not able to put a fight against an AO? Why couldn't they just take on Cassandra without Lars and Chronos?

    I started reading claymore like a month ago, I love it, but I am a bit confused at times.
    Last edited by MasterBash; April 07, 2013 at 09:09 PM.

  11. #220
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sutafu
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterBash View Post
    Some things are hard to follow, how strong are Miria and Clare?

    Clare beat Rigardo (missing an arm, awakened) and he was number 2 back then. Yet they had 7 years to practice... I forgot in which chapter, but it said Miria would win a 1v1 against Clare. Does that mean Clare and Miria are both stronger than any AB still alive (Chronos, Lars, Octavia, maybe Europa and I forgot who the fifth is)? Miria seemed to be impressed by the power of the surviving AB for some reason, stating they are the 5 strongest survivors, as if it was a big deal for her.

    If Miria is stronger than Clare and Clare beat Rigardo, while they both had 7+ years of training, it took that many years for Clare to equal Irene's quick sword. Why is Miria so surprised to see how strong the surviving AB are? Why did Miria have such a big problem with Hysteria? Shouldn't Miria be close to a #1 if not a #1 right now? Even without them being awakened, why are Miria and Clare not able to put a fight against an AO? Why couldn't they just take on Cassandra without Lars and Chronos?

    I started reading claymore like a month ago, I love it, but I am a bit confused at times.
    Clare beat Rigaldo because she nearly Awakened.
    No idea HOW she did it, but she was pretty lucky.
    Actually, it IS suggested she did it because of her half-awakening status.

    As suggested, Miria and Clare are around number 2 Claymore level status.
    They are not yet as strong as number 1s.
    Rigaldo was...a rather weaker number 2 AB. Dauf, who was number 3, awakened to be a much more powerful AB.

    As for Miria VS Clare, it was Deneve who said Miria would win.
    Why? Because scientifically, Miria had better stats in all the categories VS Clare.
    But Clare had unexpected bursts of extreme power, sort of like Priscilla, which could enable her to overpower Miria.
    However, since those surges of power are unexpected, they could not be relied on in a logical battle, so Miria would win.

    Miria does not actually want to say how strong the AB are.
    It is forced through her personality by Yagi, who wants SOMEONE to at least put it out that these AB are top tier AB, and they are going to be strong.
    And it ends up being Miria.
    Yagi also wanted a level of respect to be established for the AB, and that just happens to be Miria.
    Miria had a huge problem with Hysteria because Hysteria is essentially top number 1 AO material in terms of speed.
    No one in the whole Claymore world could match up to Hysteria's speed, with the possible exception of Priscilla.

    Miria and Clare couldn't fight an AO since AOs are extremely powerful. (Even Teresa would have trouble with AOs, but she would defeat them.)
    And they wouldn't be able to inflict as much damage on Cassandra without the ABs. To the mountain of Cassandra, Miria and Clare are "flies".

  12. #221
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Clare beat Rigaldo because she nearly Awakened.
    No idea HOW she did it, but she was pretty lucky.
    Actually, it IS suggested she did it because of her half-awakening status.

    As suggested, Miria and Clare are around number 2 Claymore level status.
    They are not yet as strong as number 1s.
    Rigaldo was...a rather weaker number 2 AB. Dauf, who was number 3, awakened to be a much more powerful AB.

    As for Miria VS Clare, it was Deneve who said Miria would win.
    Why? Because scientifically, Miria had better stats in all the categories VS Clare.
    But Clare had unexpected bursts of extreme power, sort of like Priscilla, which could enable her to overpower Miria.
    However, since those surges of power are unexpected, they could not be relied on in a logical battle, so Miria would win.

    Miria does not actually want to say how strong the AB are.
    It is forced through her personality by Yagi, who wants SOMEONE to at least put it out that these AB are top tier AB, and they are going to be strong.
    And it ends up being Miria.
    Yagi also wanted a level of respect to be established for the AB, and that just happens to be Miria.
    Miria had a huge problem with Hysteria because Hysteria is essentially top number 1 AO material in terms of speed.
    No one in the whole Claymore world could match up to Hysteria's speed, with the possible exception of Priscilla.

    Miria and Clare couldn't fight an AO since AOs are extremely powerful. (Even Teresa would have trouble with AOs, but she would defeat them.)
    And they wouldn't be able to inflict as much damage on Cassandra without the ABs. To the mountain of Cassandra, Miria and Clare are "flies".
    just to shoot it out there was it not insinuated that clare tapped into "Teresa" and thats what allowed her to beat rigaldo(and he did say that her only chance at winning was "an awakening all all 4 limbs") as a matter of fact did he not say "wow you managed to awaken only your legs now , not every warrior can do that....but how long can you keep it up" that makes me think he has seen "half awakened" warriors before...as he had seen others awaken only limbs(but i assume they ether died or awakened afterwards....as clare to would have awakened at that very moment had it not been for jean
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #222
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    They are not yet as strong as number 1s.
    Unless you provide me someone who is stronger than them right now from the current generation of Claymores ( including trainees and Galatea ) they are pretty much no' 1 warriors without contest.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

    -Emperor of Mankind.


  15. #223
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    Unless you provide me someone who is stronger than them right now from the current generation of Claymores ( including trainees and Galatea ) they are pretty much no' 1 warriors without contest.
    just because there is no one stronger then them dose not mean they are "number 1's" , but i disagree with whirl as i think Clare and Miria are at a N1 level
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #224
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    I'm not sure, but I think Brother Coa means that if the Org were around, given the warriors available to them, they would assign Clare or Miria (probably Clare) no. 1. I agree with this, but would qualify it by saying it would clearly be the weakest generation, because the Org is basically decimated. Miata would be a dark horse for no1 in the future as well.

  18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #225
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jullias Ondore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    The thing is we don't really know how powerful Clare really is now, I mean think about it she has Irene's quick sword " same power level and speed finally", Rafaelas memories which essentially means she has her life experiences. Along with her technique we have just now seen how much she has improved and you can't really call the battles we have seen to date a good indicator the most intensive was against Pricilla before the blob incident.

    They hardly entered the fight with Cassandra and when she did enter both times she did quite a bit of damage to her. So I'm pretty sure she is a number one and a powerful one at that even Alicia in her human form couldn't kill an abyssal till after all her training was complete.
    Last edited by Jullias Ondore; April 08, 2013 at 12:01 AM.

New Reply
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts