Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 7.2 / 10)

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

    1 3.85%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

    3 11.54%
  • 8 (Epic)

    12 46.15%
  • 7 (Good)

    5 19.23%
  • 6 (Average)

    1 3.85%
  • 5 (Below Average)

    2 7.69%
  • 4 (Bad)

    0 0%
  • 3 (Horrible)

    1 3.85%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

    0 0%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

    1 3.85%
New Reply
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
Results 361 to 369 of 369

Thread: Claymore 137 Discussions

  1. #361
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member serpico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Winterfell
    Posts
    326
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    Which was again the title of the charter? Norigiro yagi? Or was a troll that title?

  2. #362
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    The obvious reason why Priscilla has not died yet is because Yagi would have no Claymore to write about after.
    Honestly, the story about Claymore revolves around Clare's revenge; that's what the story started as.
    The crap about the Mainland and all that other stuff- it started halfway into Clare's story.
    Even though the Mainland and the war occurred before Clare's quest for revenge, it is very much insignificant and will either be featured as a little spoiler having to do with Clare getting her revenge or will not even get resolved at all.

    The thing about the Mainland is simply flowery detail added by Yagi to keep a reader's interest going.
    Think about it- OMG Luke finds out that Darth Vader is actually his FATHER?! +5,000 more obsessed Star Wars Fans
    This same thing happens with Claymore, except the fact that Yagi overuses such extraneous erudition and he is never able to relate it at a reasonable level to the story's main plot, nor is he able to resolve it.
    What I mean by this is that he doesn't seem to plausibly relate his Mainland dilemma to Clare's life at all- Clare doesn't give a sh!t about the Organization's war AT ALL. It's their problem and her problem right now is to beat the crap out of Priscilla. She could go kill Priscilla and whatever has happened without even KNOWING anything about the Mainland and the Organization's past history.
    So far all that crap Miria has learned about the DoD has not helped the main plot in ANY way.
    Do you see the Claymores learning any new abilities? No. All they know is that they've been descended from some freakish dragon thing.
    It's only now that I can see Yagi might be kicking in some of that old intelligence he had in the earlier chapters- why?
    Because of Rubel.

    I never noticed it, but Rubel could essentially be one of the most important characters in the series; he was in every generation and is one of the longest living characters timeline-wise in the whole history of Claymore.
    I finally understood that he would be important because of what Yagi made him say in Chapter 137- something about the Half-Awakened.

    It sounds quite unlikely, but this half-awakened theory might be Yagi's ultimate way to tie in most of the extremely intricate plot holes that he has created throughout the series. But if he does, then it will truly be a magnificent manga.
    i do agree rubel is one of the most interesting mvp's of his story. i knew that all along. however i just dont see any of the mainland jazz filtering into to this monster mash. with clares victory over priss. yagi can take things back wards and fill in the holes of the past and complete his manga. having chapter after chapter of chasing and never catching the bad guy seams to cliche almost on par with tv shows like the justice league. where the bad guy all ways has a get away plan. as far as fans go, i like his art more than his storys. however, as brother coa pointed out the other day that hes been reusing some of his past works and copying and pasting. which shows hes just there for a pay check at this point. so with that in mind, he should hurry up behead the priss-zilla hes created and either call it quits or go back to the drawing board and flesh out past generations. which would be wiser. since 9 out of 10 people feel clare has many plot holes that need assessed and have yet to be. which also means that we are all waiting on her inner terresaness to come out and smack priss-zilla down a peg or two. also, her lacking her own unique skill to call her own or developed is also another thing that holds her down as generic and unsuited for a lead role in all this. which is why he needs to run chapters with past generations of the organisation. hes made enough generations of them. so, why not make each generation have its own climatic end where those who live get to tell the tail of the former numbers 1s awakening. the point is its much more interesting than any said mainland b.s. im sure he could pull a couple years out of each generation. the biggest kick in the butt is no male lead roles in this other than raki whos just a side liner. so take it back to isleys time frame. have him have a moment sorta like in beserk where hes in battle remembering the past. the point is this will give him much more leeway with the fan base hes made. going back wards yeilds more results than going forwards in time frames. why because he has more history/the clare series of claymore to look back on. just my view on things.

  3. #363
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    Which was again the title of the charter? Norigiro yagi? Or was a troll that title?
    The title of the chapter is "And that thing name is..." but because many people put Yagi's name too close to title many manga sites translated it as "And that thing name is... Norihiro Yagi."

    ---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    The obvious reason why Priscilla has not died yet is because Yagi would have no Claymore to write about after.
    Honestly, the story about Claymore revolves around Clare's revenge; that's what the story started as.
    The crap about the Mainland and all that other stuff- it started halfway into Clare's story.
    Even though the Mainland and the war occurred before Clare's quest for revenge, it is very much insignificant and will either be featured as a little spoiler having to do with Clare getting her revenge or will not even get resolved at all.

    The thing about the Mainland is simply flowery detail added by Yagi to keep a reader's interest going.
    Think about it- OMG Luke finds out that Darth Vader is actually his FATHER?! +5,000 more obsessed Star Wars Fans
    This same thing happens with Claymore, except the fact that Yagi overuses such extraneous erudition and he is never able to relate it at a reasonable level to the story's main plot, nor is he able to resolve it.
    False. Every manga starts small and with a simple plot ( in Claymore case alone warrior adopting a homeless child and it's on revenge mission ) and it grows over time ( Miria, Deneve and Helen were added, we learn about the Awakened and Abyssal ones, we go to north and see big battle between Claymores and Awakens etc... ). How is Mainland not important at all when it was Mainland factions that started everything. And if the part of experimentations and war are correct then we can expect some kind of invasion from their part in hope to bring situation back into their control.

    I personally find it most interesting now, because minor conflict on some random continent may now decide the fate of entire world and in middle of all that stand Clare and Priscilla. And if Yagi somehow move their conflict from CLaymore continent to Mainland it would be epic.

    Quote Quote:
    What I mean by this is that he doesn't seem to plausibly relate his Mainland dilemma to Clare's life at all- Clare doesn't give a sh!t about the Organization's war AT ALL. It's their problem and her problem right now is to beat the crap out of Priscilla. She could go kill Priscilla and whatever has happened without even KNOWING anything about the Mainland and the Organization's past history.
    Not having impact on her life at all? I don't think so...
    Organization created Teresa to which she bounded and as a result became Claymore itself after Teresa died.
    Yoma that killed her family and who kept her with her and used her in various ways was created by Organization.
    That entire continent is one big Organization top secret war project.
    After Teresa's death Claymore lived under the Organization care, and after she went on a run they found her very shortly and threaten to kill her if she does not comply.
    She was under their rule until she became Ghost, and even then she had to help in their annihilation to be free and finally able to battle Priscilla.

    So the big bad Org. really have great impact on her life and she was concern about them a LOT, especially regarding the safety of her friends and Raki.

    Quote Quote:
    So far all that crap Miria has learned about the DoD has not helped the main plot in ANY way.
    Expect that we have learned what was the purpose of Claymores and what are Yoma actually. We also learned about a new species different from Humanity and their characteristics.

    Quote Quote:
    Do you see the Claymores learning any new abilities? No. All they know is that they've been descended from some freakish dragon thing.
    And what's giving them their power is actually a combination of those two flesh turned into a yoma and then that yoma flesh used to create them. They can still learn new abilities, Clare learned that she has Repeals technic now that she is out of blub.

    Quote Quote:
    I never noticed it, but Rubel could essentially be one of the most important characters in the series; he was in every generation and is one of the longest living characters timeline-wise in the whole history of Claymore.
    I finally understood that he would be important because of what Yagi made him say in Chapter 137- something about the Half-Awakened.
    You only noticed this now? He was caretaker of Clare, in fact he was the one to whom Clare approached and asked to became a Claymore.
    He was the one who introduced her to Miria, Helen and Deneve, the one who found her later and told her about Raki and where she should go.
    The one who is spy for the other side of Mainland war and the one who always kept a close watch to Daae and his experiments.
    He was the one who stayed close friend to Raphaela and the one who recruit her later for the Organization.
    He was the one who noticed the H/A experiment was a success and was keeping it secret from Organization.
    He was also the one who kept their reappearance after 7 years a secret until Miria showed up in their HQ.
    He is beside CLare the most important character, the one who works through shadows and help main protagonist. ANd you noticed this only now?

    Quote Quote:
    It sounds quite unlikely, but this half-awakened theory might be Yagi's ultimate way to tie in most of the extremely intricate plot holes that he has created throughout the series. But if he does, then it will truly be a magnificent manga.
    I have faith that he will introduce many new things until he finished manga one day. Sure he left some plot holes, but because manga is so slow ( 1 per month ) we can only try to find logic before he explained that to us in some future releases. You cannot judge the show until you see final episode and when will we see final episode of Claymore is still not sure at all.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

    -Emperor of Mankind.


  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #364
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sutafu
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    Quote Quote:
    Not having impact on her life at all? I don't think so...
    Organization created Teresa to which she bounded and as a result became Claymore itself after Teresa died.
    Yoma that killed her family and who kept her with her and used her in various ways was created by Organization.
    That entire continent is one big Organization top secret war project.
    After Teresa's death Claymore lived under the Organization care, and after she went on a run they found her very shortly and threaten to kill her if she does not comply.
    She was under their rule until she became Ghost, and even then she had to help in their annihilation to be free and finally able to battle Priscilla.

    So the big bad Org. really have great impact on her life and she was concern about them a LOT, especially regarding the safety of her friends and Raki.
    You make some very good points about the manga revolving around a simple plot then expanding.
    I agree in the bigger plot being the main focus of the story and it having to eventually get resolved.
    But really, the last thing that should happen should be the ulterior part of the story, which is Clare's past.
    Why else would we spend so much of the book on Teresa, flashbacks, and all that?
    Shouldn't we have had a flashback on the Mainland much earlier into the story?

    Also, the above quote is from you.
    The paragraph you were referring to...it isn't about the Organization.
    It was about the Mainland not mattering at all in Clare's story lol; of course the Organization had a huge impact.

    With Rubel, I had some clear idea that he was an important feature of the story; he was the one who helped Clare in becoming a Claymore; without him, Clare would've just wandered the world and might have actually died, or ended up in worse situations. (Those medieval towns have a lot of bandits, kidnappers, and rapists.)
    But it seems like with Rubel coming in with his Half-Awakened theory and Yagi REALLY emphasizing the importance of it, Rubel might have had an even more important role than I thought.
    Originally I thought Rubel was important because of his role in the beginning, but he now seems to also have a key role in the ending of the manga and how it will ultimately get resolved.

    (To be honest, I thought he would have actually died off by now, considering he openly announced that he was a traitor. Dang, I seriously thought he was going to die in that Claymore Rebellion...except he took off with Dae on some horses. Speaking of horses, where those "dark horses?")
    /pun


    As for Yagi, I could almost describe him in the way that I would describe American authors.
    When they take too long to release a next book/sequel, some of the endings and twists end up being predicted beforehand by the forums and then the author has to go and revise their story so it doesn't seem like they're copying.

    Except that Yagi doesn't read the MangaHelpers forums...right?
    e.e
    ....Right?
    Last edited by Whirlzap; April 22, 2013 at 06:41 PM.

  6. #365
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    You make some very good points about the manga revolving around a simple plot then expanding.
    I agree in the bigger plot being the main focus of the story and it having to eventually get resolved.
    But really, the last thing that should happen should be the ulterior part of the story, which is Clare's past.
    Why else would we spend so much of the book on Teresa, flashbacks, and all that?
    Shouldn't we have had a flashback on the Mainland much earlier into the story?
    Your point is valid but see it from this pow: we didn't need Mainland earlier because still had to explore the island itself. The Mainland came into being right where it should - when the Ghosts were discussing the Origins of the Organization. And it is still very important part of the story, because what happened there also have impact on Claymore content. Clare would also had a great part even in that story, let me give you an example:
    At the end of this battle Organization Mainland troops attack and they somehow sedate Priscilla and sail her to Mainland to fight for their side, Clare and the others flee before overwhelming enemy. With Rubel's help they go to Mainland too and join the other side. In the last decisive battle of the war Clare and Priscilla will be fighting each other and whoever wins in that fight determines the fate of the entire world.
    That's how every story goes, from low beginning to the epic end where the fate of worlds is in question.

    Quote Quote:
    Also, the above quote is from you.
    The paragraph you were referring to...it isn't about the Organization.
    It was about the Mainland not mattering at all in Clare's story lol; of course the Organization had a huge impact.
    And the Organization came from the Mainland, if Mainland never existed there would be no Yoma and no Claymores and CLare would have normal human life.
    So yeah, Mainland have not only big impact on her but on the entire continent as well.

    Quote Quote:
    With Rubel, I had some clear idea that he was an important feature of the story; he was the one who helped Clare in becoming a Claymore; without him, Clare would've just wandered the world and might have actually died, or ended up in worse situations. (Those medieval towns have a lot of bandits, kidnappers, and rapists.)
    But it seems like with Rubel coming in with his Half-Awakened theory and Yagi REALLY emphasizing the importance of it, Rubel might have had an even more important role than I thought.
    Originally I thought Rubel was important because of his role in the beginning, but he now seems to also have a key role in the ending of the manga and how it will ultimately get resolved.
    (To be honest, I thought he would have actually died off by now, considering he openly announced that he was a traitor. Dang, I seriously thought he was going to die in that Claymore Rebellion...except he took off with Dae on some horses. Speaking of horses, where those "dark horses?")
    /pun[/quote]

    I agree with you, Rubel is one epi character. A puppet master, able to twist the will of everyone around him into doing his bidding.
    I am sure he will survive until the very end.

    Quote Quote:
    As for Yagi, I could almost describe him in the way that I would describe American authors.
    When they take too long to release a next book/sequel, some of the endings and twists end up being predicted beforehand by the forums and then the author has to go and revise their story so it doesn't seem like they're copying.
    I agree, when Yagi was originally written Claymore in 2001 I doubt he had everything that he has written so far into consideration. As some members have noticed he is making things up as he goes and correcting afterwards if needed ( like the past volume with re-done few pages ).

    Quote Quote:
    Except that Yagi doesn't read the MangaHelpers forums...right?
    e.e
    ....Right?
    I am sure he would be very happy to read yours or Goral comments then
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

    -Emperor of Mankind.


  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #366
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    Clare would also had a great part even in that story, let me give you an example:
    At the end of this battle Organization Mainland troops attack and they somehow sedate Priscilla and sail her to Mainland to fight for their side, Clare and the others flee before overwhelming enemy. With Rubel's help they go to Mainland too and join the other side. In the last decisive battle of the war Clare and Priscilla will be fighting each other and whoever wins in that fight determines the fate of the entire world.
    That's how every story goes, from low beginning to the epic end where the fate of worlds is in question.
    As much as I think that a scenario like this would be awesome, and on a colossal/epic scale, I think it must be said that it would place less focus on the personal relations between Clare, Priss and Teresa, and in that sense just having it in the background would be detrimental to one of Claymore's best (in times gone by) features: that really poignant character development it has.

    Granted that the Priss issue is no longer just about Clare, it includes all the ghosts and those on their side (and Clare acknowledges this), but everyone knows that it will come down to Clare v. Priss at the end, and I don't really want anything interfering with or imposing on those moments, since the entire manga has been building up to it, and I hope that with close attention to the personal dynamic between Priss, Teresa, Clare and those whose hopes Clare carries, the story will generate something just as epic/colossal in scope and impact as if the whole world was on the line.

  9. #367
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Urfaust View Post
    As much as I think that a scenario like this would be awesome, and on a colossal/epic scale, I think it must be said that it would place less focus on the personal relations between Clare, Priss and Teresa, and in that sense just having it in the background would be detrimental to one of Claymore's best (in times gone by) features: that really poignant character development it has.
    It will be there all right, in the end the relation between them will decide something major. yagi can do everything else, but everything he do in the it will wrap around those three. You are right, if he use that bond and tied it to something very important like this it will be epic conclusion.

    That is what I hope to see until the very end. Granted: Clare and Priscilla are still the most important thing in the series. But their personal relationship may be the thing that wraps everything in the end and decide the fate of everyone on the Claymore continent and maybe on the Mainland itself.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

    -Emperor of Mankind.


  10. #368
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member littleangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Jordan
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    483
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    BTW ppl, I have nominated Claymore for a couple of categories in the awards.. So let's support Claymore..
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumd...d-Anime-Awards

  11. #369
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 137 Discussions /138 Predictions

    The translation lately seems very poorly translated. English is my first language but I had to read the context several times. Unless somethings wrong with me lately

New Reply
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts