Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 101

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 135 Discussion/136 Predictions

  1. #46
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    650
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 135 Discussion/136 Predictions

    i also think rak is on 30+ floor because he was not with S1 team and he was coming to 30th floor . u can come down but to go up u have to pass test so it logical for him to be on 30+ floor then 30- floor to change floor. also he was not part of S1 for tournament as we saw because number of members in team S1 S2 and FUG r 8 each

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #47
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 135 Discussion/136 Predictions

    Rak is clearly not part of the S1 team and since he's going to the tournament he is clearly on at least the 30th floor, but I don't see any indication that he is on a higher floor. I wouldn't expect him to have climbed faster than the S1 team, but they did hang out on the 30th floor for two years after failing the test, so it's possible he could have passed them. Hwa Ryun says the tournament is for E-grade regulars, and although we don't know exactly which floors the ranks change at, it's possible that up to the 40th floor could be allowed to participate.

    Koon mentioned in the previous chapter that he intends to beat the S1 team. Also, when we first learned about the tournament, Koon and Leesoo decided that it would be a competition between their two teams. Keeping the fact that he is alive a secret is an advantage, plus Koon seems like the type to want to make a flashy entrance. I'm not so sure that the S1 team would give up on the tournament so easily; not only are there valuable items at stake, but also their reputation. Just like FUG wants their team to be recognized as the strongest, I'm sure the S1 team does as well. Having people be afraid of you could make passing future tests easier. I'm sure they'd be glad Baam is alive, but they might want to beat the FUG team themselves.

  4. #48
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member world is wide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 135 Discussion/136 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    I still don't really understand Koon's reasoning behind not telling the S1 team that A) he's alive and B) Viole is Baam. For one thing, they'll find out during the tournament that he's alive anyway and he could have got them involved in his plan to let his current team win since I'm sure the S1 team would have agreed to lose if it was for Baam.
    Maybe his pocket was damaged in the Arlen's hand debacle. Or just as likely he doesn't want to call the other team just to say "Baam's alive but I don't know whats going on". Koon is prideful enough that he wants to understand before passing on information

  5. #49
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 135 Discussion/136 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by world is wide View Post
    Maybe his pocket was damaged in the Arlen's hand debacle. Or just as likely he doesn't want to call the other team just to say "Baam's alive but I don't know whats going on". Koon is prideful enough that he wants to understand before passing on information
    Doubt it, he was speaking normally before wangnan showed him Baam's pocket. He knows enough to pass on to the S1 team, he knows that Baam is alive, he knows that he has been forced to work with FUG, he knows that FUG want him because he is an irregular and their goal is to kill Zahard and he knows about the division within FUG and the bet they made. Only thing which he may not know right now is what FUG has on Baam to make him go along with their plans, something which Wangnan suspiciously hasn't seemed to have mentioned yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    Rak is clearly not part of the S1 team and since he's going to the tournament he is clearly on at least the 30th floor, but I don't see any indication that he is on a higher floor. I wouldn't expect him to have climbed faster than the S1 team, but they did hang out on the 30th floor for two years after failing the test, so it's possible he could have passed them. Hwa Ryun says the tournament is for E-grade regulars, and although we don't know exactly which floors the ranks change at, it's possible that up to the 40th floor could be allowed to participate.

    Koon mentioned in the previous chapter that he intends to beat the S1 team. Also, when we first learned about the tournament, Koon and Leesoo decided that it would be a competition between their two teams. Keeping the fact that he is alive a secret is an advantage, plus Koon seems like the type to want to make a flashy entrance. I'm not so sure that the S1 team would give up on the tournament so easily; not only are there valuable items at stake, but also their reputation. Just like FUG wants their team to be recognized as the strongest, I'm sure the S1 team does as well. Having people be afraid of you could make passing future tests easier. I'm sure they'd be glad Baam is alive, but they might want to beat the FUG team themselves.
    But even if all E-rank regulars are allowed, the difference in strength will be significant between someone on the 30th floor or someone on the 40th floor, it'd make more sense if only 30th floor regulars are allowed to compete.

    The S1 team not knowing that he's alive isn't an advantage considering they'll find out as soon as the tournament starts anyway, a flashy entrance maybe though. Well if they find out what Baam has gone through for the past 7 years for them, I'd say it's pretty likely that they'll give up on the tournament, right now their main goal seems to be to kill Viole to avenge Koon rather than win some of the weapons, which is also another problem that Koon needs to take into account - what if they actually kill Baam? Having people be afraid of you doesn't make future tests easier, those who will be afraid of them will be fodder anyway, they'll be beaten regardless of whether they're afraid or not, those who aren't afraid will be the ones they'll have to worry about.

    Maybe this is all because of Koon's pride, he could get the S1 team involved and make it much easier to win, but he may consider that to be cheating and would rather just do things on his own, it would fit with his character I suppose.
    Last edited by abc1233; March 11, 2013 at 01:55 PM.

  6. #50
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 135 Discussion/136 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    But even if all E-rank regulars are allowed, the difference in strength will be significant between someone on the 30th floor or someone on the 40th floor, it'd make more sense if only 30th floor regulars are allowed to compete.
    I don't think that's necessarily true. Viole is only on the 30th floor, but do you really expect that someone on the 40th floor is straight up stronger? Sure, they've passed more tests and possibly have a bit more experience, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are stronger. We've heard that Ran is a top 5 E-class regular, and that was back when they were on the 25th floor. There are those on all floors whose climb of the Tower stagnates when they reach a test they aren't strong enough to pass, yet people from below climb up and past them. I assume the letter ranks are assigned for a reason, and the likely reason is to determine who is able to enter into tournaments such as these.

  7. #51
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 135 Discussion/136 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    I don't think that's necessarily true. Viole is only on the 30th floor, but do you really expect that someone on the 40th floor is straight up stronger? Sure, they've passed more tests and possibly have a bit more experience, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are stronger. We've heard that Ran is a top 5 E-class regular, and that was back when they were on the 25th floor. There are those on all floors whose climb of the Tower stagnates when they reach a test they aren't strong enough to pass, yet people from below climb up and past them. I assume the letter ranks are assigned for a reason, and the likely reason is to determine who is able to enter into tournaments such as these.
    Well it's no use using Viole as a comparison, he is clearly way beyond anyone on his level. If you take your average regular and you give them that extra experience and improved strength they'll get by climbing those 10 floors, then they'll have a distinct advantage compared to their 30th floor self, so it would be an unfair advantage. We still don't really know how these top 5 E-class regulars are chosen and that title lost its meaning when neither Viole, Cassano, nor possibly Horyang were considered one.

  8. #52
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marina Del Rey, CA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 135 Discussion/136 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Well it's no use using Viole as a comparison, he is clearly way beyond anyone on his level. If you take your average regular and you give them that extra experience and improved strength they'll get by climbing those 10 floors, then they'll have a distinct advantage compared to their 30th floor self, so it would be an unfair advantage. We still don't really know how these top 5 E-class regulars are chosen and that title lost its meaning when neither Viole, Cassano, nor possibly Horyang were considered one.
    yeah so if these guys are off the radar then who else is out there that we don't know about in E-level? Could be a few unconfirmed monsters out there yet.
    ThatoneGuy1277

  9. #53
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 135 Discussion/136 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Well it's no use using Viole as a comparison, he is clearly way beyond anyone on his level. If you take your average regular and you give them that extra experience and improved strength they'll get by climbing those 10 floors, then they'll have a distinct advantage compared to their 30th floor self, so it would be an unfair advantage. We still don't really know how these top 5 E-class regulars are chosen and that title lost its meaning when neither Viole, Cassano, nor possibly Horyang were considered one.
    It's a tournament to find the best of E-class; the strongest will prevail, no excuses. Arriving at the 30th floor is the mere minimum to gain entry. The average regular is irrelevant because by definition tournaments are not about the average, but about the best (within a given bracket). A single person would probably power up climbing those 10 floors, but they're not pitting a person against his future self, but against an entirely different person with different powers and strengths. Not everyone was equal when they entered the Tower and they certainly aren't equal just because they climbed the same number of floors, so there is plenty of room for a 30th floor E-class regular to defeat a 40th floor E-class regular. It's essentially the same as weight classes in some sports today; people from the low end and people from the high end of the same weight class still compete against each other. This is all assuming of course that it is an E-class tournament and not a 30th-floor tournament.
    Last edited by Dacomp89; March 11, 2013 at 05:33 PM.

  10. #54
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Chile
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    879
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 135 Discussion/136 Predictions

    Yay! One day after isn't something bad at all.

    Good chapter, i hyped out when Koon was invited to the Workshop. Everything is going accord to the what has been said; Baam's strong vs normal vs weak teams. I like it... although didn't much Koon being lider, training and doing nothing wasn't something i expected from him. Wangnam and company were the same, Dan was healed but sucks at comedy.

    So i expect SIU takes in count the comedy stuff, i'm waiting rolf with Laure and Leesoo act, Rak's funny meddlings and Androssi talking girl's crap. Got wrong the thorn, was a technique that Baam already learned... good thing and Reflejo is so from a Karaka's faction that makes things interesting... also has a reaper, what a great weapon is

  11. #55
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 135 Discussion/136 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    It's a tournament to find the best of E-class; the strongest will prevail, no excuses. Arriving at the 30th floor is the mere minimum to gain entry. The average regular is irrelevant because by definition tournaments are not about the average, but about the best. A single person would probably power up climbing those 10 floors, but they're not pitting a person against his future self, but against an entirely different person with different powers and strengths. Not everyone was equal when they entered the Tower and they certainly aren't equal just because they climbed the same number of floors, so there is plenty of room for a 30th floor E-class regular to defeat a 40th floor E-class regular. It's essentially the same as weight classes in some sports today; people from the low end and people from the high end of the same weight class still compete against each other. This is all assuming of course that it is an E-class tournament and not a 30th-floor tournament.
    Well no, obviously not everyone on the same floor will be of the same level, but that's not the point. Climbing those extra 10 floors gives someone an advantage which simply shouldn't be there. Sure a 30th floor has the ability to beat a 40th floor regular, but if the 40th floor regular beats a 30th floor regular, does that mean that they deserved to win? What if that 30th floor regular would have been able to beat that 40th floor regular prior to climbing those extra floors? Besides, this is all assuming that someone becomes D-rank from the 40th floor, which I doubt considering rankers are essentially C rank I believe. What if one becomes D-rank on the 60th floor? Or the 100th? Would you still say it's fair play to let them compete? Also, why did Leesoo stay on the 30th floor for 2 years after failing the 30th floor test? He said the test only occured once a year so he could have easily taken it the next year and climbed then he could have simply gone back down to the 30th floor for the workshop battle if what you say is true and higher floor regulars can compete.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatoneGuy1277 View Post
    yeah so if these guys are off the radar then who else is out there that we don't know about in E-level? Could be a few unconfirmed monsters out there yet.
    Could be, those FUG guys are probably among them
    Last edited by abc1233; March 11, 2013 at 05:52 PM.

  12. #56
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Guess
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    227
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 135 Discussion/136 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Well it's no use using Viole as a comparison, he is clearly way beyond anyone on his level. If you take your average regular and you give them that extra experience and improved strength they'll get by climbing those 10 floors, then they'll have a distinct advantage compared to their 30th floor self, so it would be an unfair advantage. We still don't really know how these top 5 E-class regulars are chosen and that title lost its meaning when neither Viole, Cassano, nor possibly Horyang were considered one.
    that doesnt make sense abc.... expeirence? you make it seem as though viole started before everyone else, in fact he has had less experience, and improved strength up until now he has only been using his true skills, not the lobster or anything he doesnt even know how to activate it meaning he hasnt use the power they have given him yet.

  13. #57
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 135 Discussion/136 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    that doesnt make sense abc.... expeirence? you make it seem as though viole started before everyone else, in fact he has had less experience, and improved strength up until now he has only been using his true skills, not the lobster or anything he doesnt even know how to activate it meaning he hasnt use the power they have given him yet.
    It does make sense. I'm saying comparing someone with their future self 10 floors ahead, the future self will have more experience and hence an advantage which shouldn't be there. It's not about comparing Viole to anyone on the same floor.

  14. #58
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Guess
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    227
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 135 Discussion/136 Predictions

    ohhhh my bad haha... I thought you were talking about viole when you said improved strength and experience lmao

  15. #59
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 135 Discussion/136 Predictions

    Pretty good chapter to make te tension arise. Great work from SIU to warm up the readers before an arc, kinda reminds me Oda in that sense.

    And well, this is one of the arcs I was waiting for since SIU commented on it to be the focus of the second season. Can't fucking wait.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  16. #60
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Guess
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    227
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 135 Discussion/136 Predictions

    I dont think rak is on a higher floor plus they say nothing of him being on a higher floor then everybody, I think he is in leeso's team but he just likes doing his own training and being by himself.

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts