Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The other half of Kurama/Kyuubi

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member RedBerserk's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The other half of Kurama/Kyuubi

During a flashback, we have seen how Minato sealed half of Kurama's chakra inside the death god with his shiki fuujin technique, now that Orochimaru freed the souls of the 4 kages (and his arms) sealed inside the reaper, should we expect to see a new power up for Naruto? (or maybe i just misunderstood everything about that lol)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The other half of Kurama/Kyuubi

This is probably the most-asked question after "What's Sasuke's next Power-Up"... the answer is "probably."

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

What if Sasuke get's said chakra? That would put him up with Naruto once again lol.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Sasuke?

I think the chakra either already ran out or will go back to the Kyuubi.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member helios_shin's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

there's a difference to understand on this sealing:

okages's soul were eat by the shinigami so sealed in his stomach

yin's chakra of kyubi were sealed inside Minato, who's been sealed in the shinigami stomach. so Minato is now a jinchuriki

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by helios_shin View Post
    there's a difference to understand on this sealing:

okages's soul were eat by the shinigami so sealed in his stomach

yin's chakra of kyubi were sealed inside Minato, who's been sealed in the shinigami stomach. so Minato is now a jinchuriki
    False, very false. This whole BS that Minato is a Jinchuriki is so unfounded it's not even funny.

First off, if that were the case, then Sarturobi should be a jinchuriki of both the 1st and 2nd Hokage since he sealed them into himself as well.

And frankly, the sealing isn't the same as a jinchurki sealing. Biju are sealed inside of Jinchuriki. The other half of the Kyuubi along with the first two Hokages had their souls intertwined with Minato and Hiruzen, and then were cast into the Death God to suffer for eternity.

IMO, the Kyuubi wasn't summoned out, only Orochimaru's arms and the 4 Hokages were. Meaning, it likely still resides in the Death God.

If indeed it did escape, don't you think we would have noticed a giant mass of chakra floating out of Orochimaru's stomach?
    Last edited by Delbi; March 05, 2013 at 10:54 PM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    False, very false. This whole BS that Minato is a Jinchuriki is so unfounded it's not even funny.

First off, if that were the case, then Sarturobi should be a jinchuriki of both the 1st and 2nd Hokage since he sealed them into himself as well.

And frankly, the sealing isn't the same as a jinchurki sealing. Biju are sealed inside of Jinchuriki. The other half of the Kyuubi along with the first two Hokages had their souls intertwined with Minato and Hiruzen, and then were cast into the Death God to suffer for eternity.

IMO, the Kyuubi wasn't summoned out, only Orochimaru's arms and the 4 Hokages were. Meaning, it likely still resides in the Death God.

If indeed it did escape, don't you think we would have noticed a giant mass of chakra floating out of Orochimaru's stomach?
    Yeah, and if it did escape, it would be safe to assume that the chakra would head straight for naruto to reunite with the other half.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nasser's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Why people always come up with the most ridiculous theories ever? I read online that Sasuke will get the other half of Kurama.. lolwut? Why would Minato put Naruto in danger and give his son's opponent (Sasuke) power?

Anyways, I very believe that the panel when Minato discovered that Naruto and Kurama are fight together is a hint from Kishi.. I think either the half of the chakra will return to Kurama/Naruto or it will never be mentioned again. If it goes back to Kurama I think Minato will die somehow once he release the chakra. (or because he's a zombie right now, maybe he'll release himself with the chakra. The chakra goes to Kurama/Naruto, and Minato goes back directly to the afterlife )

I don't think Naruto will meet Edo-Minato at all + I don't want him to meet Edo-Minato They met each other and had their talk.. and now Naruto doesn't need to show Minato his power because Minato knows how strong his son is right now.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm...
    Well, even though the tailed beast were are the separated chakra of the Juubi, they still developed their own consciousness. It would be pretty interesting if the separated chakra did something similar.

I don't imagine that will happen though. More than likely the chakra will return to Naruto and Kurama. Or, it could go to the Juubi instead, setting up a 'darkest hour' before the climax. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing an angry, blood-thirsty Kyuubi again.
    Inconsistency is sometimes my middle name... just sayin'

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Nasser

Yeah because the only way for Sasuke to get said Kyuubi chakra out of Minato is for Minato to give it out of his free will? Don't you think a way to forge it out of him can exist?
    Now i am not saying this is going to happen... But to state its absurd or it can't happened is just as wrong. Only Kishi can know this.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member helios_shin's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Blush Re: The other half of Kurama/Kyuubi

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post

it's just fact, or traduction is wrong.
    the third okage sealed hashirama and tobirama inside death good's stomach. he told the way it is himself...not me

and minato told that is sealing half of kyubi inside his own body
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-55672-...apter-503.html

i'm agree that the dead demon seal is different from the sealed used on naruto because minato told it himself. he used the eight trigram seal on naruto.

it's a manga so the art must match to text. and so we have two different shape of art. for tobirama and hashirama we can see their head are clearly dispatched from the third's body.
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-129-6/...apter-124.html

and for minato and kyubi we can see their soul are connected.
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-56104-...apter-504.html

then maybe i'm wrong about that but i just read character's line

to respond to your question. soul simply escaped from the stomach and orochimaru summoned those for his edo tensei.
    this is why we never saw kyubi's soul flying around.

but i may be wrong, i'm not going to be upset about this. but i can say that everything can be seen from different angle. naruto teach us this lesson

sorry for my bad english...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by helios_shin View Post
    it's just fact, or traduction is wrong.
    the third okage sealed hashirama and tobirama inside death good's stomach. he told the way it is himself...not me

and minato told that is sealing half of kyubi inside his own body
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-55672-...apter-503.html

i'm agree that the dead demon seal is different from the sealed used on naruto because minato told it himself. he used the eight trigram seal on naruto.

it's a manga so the art must match to text. and so we have two different shape of art. for tobirama and hashirama we can see their head are clearly dispatched from the third's body.
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-129-6/...apter-124.html

and for minato and kyubi we can see their soul are connected.
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-56104-...apter-504.html

then maybe i'm wrong about that but i just read character's line

to respond to your question. soul simply escaped from the stomach and orochimaru summoned those for his edo tensei.
    this is why we never saw kyubi's soul flying around.

but i may be wrong, i'm not going to be upset about this. but i can say that everything can be seen from different angle. naruto teach us this lesson

sorry for my bad english...
    Well, you're damn right. There's no need to argue on that, because minato himself stated that he'll going to seal half of kyubi's power to himself. That's already a manga fact.

We've never seen the kyubi's chakra escaped from the shinigami's stomach because t'was inside of minato's body. That's why minato said that he'll going to seal the kyubi's chakra forever to his body. So basically, minato is somehow a kyubi's other jinchuuriki. And the kyubi will got his half power back if minato wants to return that power. After all, minato is the one who sealed it, so it's pretty obvious that he can unsealed that too.
    No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all your POWER/STRENGTH is no more useful then a squirt gun. And if you cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at will?

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DevilsNeverCry's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets face it, we don't really know what's going on do we? All that got released from the Shinigami were SOULS. Minato claims to have sealed half of the Kyuubis chakra/power, but his soul is intact, and arguably he has replenished what he lost, I suppose that remains to be seen?

However, I don't believe that Minato has the Kyuubi within him anyway. If his physical body died containing the actual Kyuubi, it also would of died for a time until its chakra reformed somewhere. However the Kyuubi itself was within Naruto by this point. It's possible that this 'chakra' or power was completely absorbed by the death god for this reason, and is NOT within Minato.

Even still, more evidence to suggest that the Kyuubi or his power SHOULDN'T be within Minato;

Edo Jinchuuriki. They were revived with this level of ET and no remnant of their Jin power existed. Their beasts were still alive but sealed elsewhere. They were then remade into Edo Jins so Obito could control the full power of the Biju.

I mean Kishi could change it somehow but I feel he contradicts himself a bit by doing that.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsNeverCry View Post
    Even still, more evidence to suggest that the Kyuubi or his power SHOULDN'T be within Minato;

Edo Jinchuuriki. They were revived with this level of ET and no remnant of their Jin power existed. Their beasts were still alive but sealed elsewhere. They were then remade into Edo Jins so Obito could control the full power of the Biju.

I mean Kishi could change it somehow but I feel he contradicts himself a bit by doing that.
    Not really. The jins died because their bijuus was extracted from their body. So basically, They died as a normal ninja while their bijuus was still alive somewhere in GM's eyes.

What minato did is he sealed that kyubi's power to his body forever. Meaning, minato's already connected to that power or that power is already part of his soul. Yea, after all, he died together with that kyubi's power.

That's the difference between minato and the edo jins.
    No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all your POWER/STRENGTH is no more useful then a squirt gun. And if you cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at will?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DevilsNeverCry's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Not really. The jins died because their bijuus was extracted from their body. So basically, They died as a normal ninja while their bijuus was still alive somewhere in GM's eyes.

What minato did is he sealed that kyubi's power to his body forever. Meaning, minato's already connected to that power or that power is already part of his soul. Yea, after all, he died together with that kyubi's power.

That's the difference between minato and the edo jins.
    Yeah, and the Kyuubi existed within Naruto. It wasn't split into two beings. Minato took half of the power with him into the Shinigami, like Hiruzen took Hashirama and Tobirama. The Kyuubis soul still existed, so it didn't die, so it's fair to assume that the power was simply absorbed into the Shinigami. Add to that, when Orochimaru released the death gods belly, only the number of souls was released. As mentioned over and over again, there was no floating mass of chakra. I believe when Minato claimed to seal the Kyuubi within himself, he actually meant along with himself in the Shinigamis belly, not that he had become a container for half of the Kyuubis power.

It's different from Kin/Gin where the Kyuubis physical form was consumed and absorbed into their bodies over time, or how Naruto and Kuramas chakra have kind of bound together.

One way or another we'll find out, but I don't believe Minato has the ability to bestow the rest of the Kyuubis power to Naruto, because I simply believe he doesn't possess it. That is my opinion based on my understanding of the Shinigami seal and how Edo Tensei works and the existence of Kurama ALIVE within Naruto.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast