Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The other half of Kurama/Kyuubi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The other half of Kurama/Kyuubi

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsNeverCry View Post
    Yeah, and the Kyuubi existed within Naruto. It wasn't split into two beings. Minato took half of the power with him into the Shinigami, like Hiruzen took Hashirama and Tobirama. The Kyuubis soul still existed, so it didn't die, so it's fair to assume that the power was simply absorbed into the Shinigami. Add to that, when Orochimaru released the death gods belly, only the number of souls was released. As mentioned over and over again, there was no floating mass of chakra. I believe when Minato claimed to seal the Kyuubi within himself, he actually meant along with himself in the Shinigamis belly, not that he had become a container for half of the Kyuubis power..
    Exactly. Minato just sealed the chakra/power.

That's maybe the case, but my interpretation on that one is that minato sealed the kyubi's chakra/power to himself by using the shinigami in exchange for his soul. So meaning, minato already become the kyubi's chakras vessel before the shinigami took his soul. And the manga shown that minato's soul was connected to kyubi's chakra when the shinigami ate them. Yea, they're already become one.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsNeverCry View Post
    It's different from Kin/Gin where the Kyuubis physical form was consumed and absorbed into their bodies over time, or how Naruto and Kuramas chakra have kind of bound together..
    No. i think they're just the same. The KIN/GIN brothers ate the kyubi's flesh and their bodies absorbed the kyubi's chakra while minato sealed half of kyubi's chakra to himself directly.

I know the anime isn't a good proof, but what minato did to the kyubi's chakra is almost the same as what sora's father did to kyubi's chakra. Sora's father sealed the kyubi's chakra to him, and with that, he's the same as the kyubi's jinchuuriki. He can use the kyubi's chakra, somehow.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DevilsNeverCry's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd just rather that the power was gone now, Naruto doesn't need another power up at this point, and Sasuke has EMS, and we still don't know what the special EMS tech is yet, if he gets it then its overkill.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato is as much a Jin as those 2 bro's:

http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/528/15

Personaly i don't consider that a Jin... A jin is a man that has a Biju in him. Naruto is the 9 tails jin. Minato and those 2 just had some chakra. Kyuubi is not half inside Minato... Half of its chakra was sealed inside. Personaly (and many others) belive that its chakra is long renegerated back no diferent then a man donating blood would regenerate his blood back in time. Minato just needed to remove half of said chakra for a time because the full 100% Kurama was to much for baby Naruto.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member helios_shin's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Minato is as much a Jin as those 2 bro's:

http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/528/15

Personaly i don't consider that a Jin... A jin is a man that has a Biju in him. Naruto is the 9 tails jin. Minato and those 2 just had some chakra. Kyuubi is not half inside Minato... Half of its chakra was sealed inside. Personaly (and many others) belive that its chakra is long renegerated back no diferent then a man donating blood would regenerate his blood back in time. Minato just needed to remove half of said chakra for a time because the full 100% Kurama was to much for baby Naruto.
    nope i don't think so...
    minato took a particuliar chakra. this kind of chakra (i can't remember if it's yin or yang) affect physical's capacity. the other, one's who remain with the kyubi is about spirit. so there's a boost of energy awaiting for our Naruto...

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by helios_shin View Post
    nope i don't think so...
    minato took a particuliar chakra. this kind of chakra (i can't remember if it's yin or yang) affect physical's capacity. the other, one's who remain with the kyubi is about spirit. so there's a boost of energy awaiting for our Naruto...
    It was long retconed. Minato sealed half its chakra. Not yin/yang.

Minato himself stated he sealed as much as it was physically possible. If he was sealing the Yin/yang part of Kurama as he woud be sealing a predefined amounth and not "as much as i can". The Yin or Yang chakra are predefined amounth and not "i seal as much chakra as i can".

Not only that if he was sealing the Yin or Yang chakra in diferent places he would have said so and WHY... That never happened.

Simply put JMan was wrong. Nobody had any idea what Minato sealed and how anyway. The only 2 that knew where Minato and Kushina. Both dead.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    It was long retconed. Minato sealed half its chakra. Not yin/yang.

Minato himself stated he sealed as much as it was physically possible. If he was sealing the Yin/yang part of Kurama as he woud be sealing a predefined amounth and not "as much as i can". The Yin or Yang chakra are predefined amounth and not "i seal as much chakra as i can".

Not only that if he was sealing the Yin or Yang chakra in diferent places he would have said so and WHY... That never happened.

Simply put JMan was wrong. Nobody had any idea what Minato sealed and how anyway. The only 2 that knew where Minato and Kushina. Both dead.
    No. There's no such thing as ''I sealed as much chakra as I can'' stuff.

Minato stated that he's gonna seal half of the kyubi's power. Because it's kinda impossible to seal the entire kyubi's power/chakra. And I doubt jiraiya was wrong about the Yin/Yang. He's minato's master, and he's also a sealing expert. In fact, he's knowledgeable to naruto's seal itself. And the fact that minato's statement about sealing the half power of the kyubi is kinda the same as jiraiya's statement about minato sealing the Yin chakra of kurama and sealed the Yang to naruto.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@marshall313

Of course it is... Read:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/503/17

Middle right panel... I quote "I'll only be able to seal half the fox's power.... Its just to great, its physically and conceptualy impossible".

This translates direcly to sealing as much as he could... As more its IMPOSSIBLE...

Oh and you do understand how highly illogical that post from you is... First you are telling me he did not seal as much as he could but he sealed only half of the chakra as he can't seal more... Stop and think how illogical this is.

Like the souls and whatever else it was sealed with the DG seal there is no indication from Minato or others that anybody is sealing yin/yang.
    Last edited by xXan; March 12, 2013 at 07:39 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2