Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member tekko001's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 379 Spoiler Discussion Thread

The spanish version is out : http://mangatopia.net/main/2013/03/es-gantz-0379/

Not a bad chapter at all, wonder why the other gantzers are just standing there and not attacking though...

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The other gantzers don't want to die, probly.

What the hell is going on in the third page? He stomps the ground, then Kei does a rolypoly and Gonde's foot does a 180? wtf is going ooooooooonnnnn

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Wish they would just show us the fucking fight instead of 6 pages of 2ch and people jumping off buildings and stuff. And then it skips the destruction of Gonde's button!

and the bloody inconsistent facial expressions. Rage one panel, in the next.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

and since when is Kurono left handed what the fuck
    Last edited by Damura; March 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good thing he already fought a giant that used those weapons. I think I would wait for the result of the fight before jumping off a building myself. That blonde giant must have thought this would be an easy fight, Kei has been fighting by himself nonstop since this arc began and has improved immensely. I hate that we have to wait almost a month for each chapter. Can't they at least come out bi-weekly. Next chapter I want to see his parent's reaction to this and what those clowns online are saying now.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure I mind the last couple of chapter.... Why do we keep seeing those internet comments? What relevance is to them? What is it that the author is trying to convey through those? I get that the author tries to take a pseudo philosophical stance and has made a point to show that humans are at large garbage but why in gods name is he using the you tube comment section trolls to do it? Everyone knows the internet is full of trolls but trying to use such a comment section to prove or suggest humans are garbage is incredibly weak as a plot tool. I mean, no one should lose or get faith in humanity because of random comments over the internet, thats just trolling and it hardly reflects actual human nature IMO. Its as if the author does not actually get the internet....and we have had several consecutive chapters of this... And even now it took an entire chapter of youtube comments for kurono to pick up a sword. Was it worth it? IMO not really, I'd rather have the god aliens back.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

You sure it was youtube?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member anime9999's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I am under the impression it has something to do with people that manipulate the gantz technology.

Gantz had from the beginning a very bad sense of humor. He laughs when people die (remember when that homo guy dies with Sadako at the Buddha mission).

I am not sure but, seeing how those nerds get very excited to see people die, maybe they were the ones in control of the black spheres.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, no, I merely said youtube comment section because the coherence and eloquence and human empathy shown in the manga is at roughly the same level as what you would find there.... Its not actually important though, my point was that the author using irrelevant internet comments to show humanity is worthless is a terrible plot device.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

He's trying to reflect the internets response to the footage, that's all. It has been a part of several characters story arcs throughout the manga. Nishi uses it to keep in touch with other Gantzers and most likely is a dick on the internet himself. Cherry met Tonkotsu on the internet in a chatroom full of people encouraging him to kill himself...

and this sort of shit does happen in real life. I don't know exactly what was said in ch379 because I can't read delicious spanish, but I'm sure it's the same old shit you'd expect from sites like 4chan or whatever. It's probably there as either comedy or simply a reference rather than evidence that humanity is trash or whatever.

The hysterics we've seen with people dying/freaking out over the possibility of the end of the world... that is poking fun at humanity. Not the internet stuff. At least that's my interpretation so far.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I am not sure I mind the last couple of chapter.... Why do we keep seeing those internet comments? What relevance is to them? What is it that the author is trying to convey through those? I get that the author tries to take a pseudo philosophical stance and has made a point to show that humans are at large garbage but why in gods name is he using the you tube comment section trolls to do it? Everyone knows the internet is full of trolls but trying to use such a comment section to prove or suggest humans are garbage is incredibly weak as a plot tool. .
    That's not Youtube, it's probably 2chan, like 4chan for the US, and it's well known that in these kind of boards, you get the worst internet dwellers there, literally.

On another hand, I wish someone would kill all the people there, if there's who deserves the title of the most digusting race, it's the humans minus Kurono, Katou and the rest of the Tokyo Team

Well nice chapter, I'm liking this fight so far, because Kurono is shining !

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

eng chapter has been out for a while BTW
    http://www.mangapanda.com/gantz/379

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anime9999 View Post
    I am under the impression it has something to do with people that manipulate the gantz technology.

Gantz had from the beginning a very bad sense of humor. He laughs when people die (remember when that homo guy dies with Sadako at the Buddha mission).

I am not sure but, seeing how those nerds get very excited to see people die, maybe they were the ones in control of the black spheres.
    But that was in the anime...Gantz never smiles or anything in the manga.

Some people are real assholes in 2ch, Oku is just criticizing the way they act.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AxelCross's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, whatevs. I enjoyed it. Yeah, it's not what it once was, but it's still cool to see the brutality. I don't understand the complaints really, but then again no one understands anyone's opinion, especially when it comes to entertainment... I digress. I think the scenes of the people of Japan committing suicide en mass was accurate; I could see that happening in Japan if a cataclysmic event occured where they were being torn through hope and despiration event after event. It's already a country chock-full of suicides. Is it that big of a leap? Er...no pun intended. Okay, it was.

Then seeing the actual fight was great. I like how Kei really just transported to the fight naked. He's all but mastered the suit and it's many uses, it's just a matter of stealing a weapon off the countless dead guys...and I thought that whenever he first transported (or like many others thought they'd just appear) so it's nice to see him utilizing that. I like how Gonde was shown to be clearly superior amongst the Hunters but is on par with Kei; it's showing that Kei, even amongst others who have played the 'game', is a force to be reckoned with if he's pushed to his limits; and he's at the edge of a precipice. He will either die and humanity will be screwed or he will win and go back to Tae (and hopefully humanity will still be destroyed but the Hunters live and go off into space and have another Gantz adventure).

I miss the old Gantz, but I still enjoy the story greatly. Also, as some others have said, the story is much less annoying at points if read in one go, or in large chunks at a time. I also really like how the volumes are set up so that helps greatly. Either way, I don't want the series to end but it's looking that way. All things must come to an end, sadly. But in the long run I choose an end over continuing on and failing (which I know some here think it already is. I don't).

But hey, if Oku takes a break, then comes back with an amazing new Gantz storyline or some kind of alteration, something in that universe, I'm all for that. I just don't see this alien race giving anything more than this last fight, and it's been a mostly-great arc, in my opinonion. The finality of it all is coming to a head but with the deus ex machina that Oku has introduced pretty much gives him room to do another and introduce some other species or destruction of the Earth while the hunters are on the ship, etc. etc. Going from there would mean freedom. But if Oku isn't into it, it's a moot point.
    Last edited by AxelCross; March 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM.
    In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade.
    Hopelessly drifting, bathing in beautiful agony.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

What happens at the beginning? People committing suicide?

And those internet trolls really piss me off. All trash talk, no substance. At least Kei won the crowd over when he actually started attacking though.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

I don't mind the fight, but I find it very unrealistic how an average Gantzer like Kurono is able to fight an enemy that wiped out a lot of skilled Gantzer with a few small blows! It would be a little bit more believable if Katou, Kaze and the other guys would help too and maybe develop some plan or tactic to take down that Alien. Now it is one of those overpowered-main-character-fights-while-his-group-of-friends-just-randomly-stands-next-to-the-battle-field-and-watch-what-happens-kind of thing. Really hate how overpowered Kurono became and Tae's plot armor are one of these things that ruins that mission/arc a lot for me. Was hoping for a more clever and more epic ending of Gantz...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by A_N_G_E_L View Post
    I don't mind the fight, but I find it very unrealistic how an average Gantzer like Kurono is able to fight an enemy that wiped out a lot of skilled Gantzer with a few small blows! It would be a little bit more believable if Katou, Kaze and the other guys would help too and maybe develop some plan or tactic to take down that Alien. Now it is one of those overpowered-main-character-fights-while-his-group-of-friends-just-randomly-stands-next-to-the-battle-field-and-watch-what-happens-kind of thing. Really hate how overpowered Kurono became and Tae's plot armor are one of these things that ruins that mission/arc a lot for me. Was hoping for a more clever and more epic ending of Gantz...

When did Kei become an Average Gantzer?

Kei has always been fairly exceptional compared to the other gantzer's. But the only real proof is the Oni fight where he took the boss on solo and did the best, and the Angel mission where he actually defeated a statue.

You need you remember, this is Kei 1. Kei 1 has been fucking ROCKING this entire arc. Kei 1 KILLED Blondie's brother.

That's probably not an easy feat, so I don't see why Kei is being discredited.

Discredited so much that you're actually frustrated that the main character of the series is taking the spot light.

I think if the Gantz alien arc took place after this battle, the feeling of this battle would be a little different.

But never the less, earth is still at stake right now. That is a big deal, even if the mystery is over.

Kei vs Blondie has been for-shadowed FOREVER.

Why you would hope for anything else is nuts man.

Shit, even I thought it was stupid that Kaze and that white bitch were gonna get together. AND THEN THEY DID!

I like this fight.

Kei reminds me of Sepheroth >__>

Edit.

Whats really a shame is that everything that happened in the room with the Gantz alien won't matter. Since it was just several hundred at most People that witnessed it.

Lol, and Kei 1 doesn't know jack shit about it either. Hey, this battle still matter's alot for Kei 1 at least.
    Last edited by kliff2004; March 25, 2013 at 02:41 PM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast