Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 379 Discussion/380 Prediction Thread

It's not like someone could just simple autoaim the alien's head during the whole turmoil and kill him while he's distracted. Also what's with the 2ch/2chan and 4ch/4chan texts?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To show that the potential end of the world won't phase douchebag trolls.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of jackasses in this chapter, what really irks me is the people jumping off buildings. Wouldn't the right time to do that have been when giants were everywhere eating people not watching one fight on a TV screen. The people laughing at the end of the world are just hopeless. There really are people like that is whats sad though.

I still dont quite get why this is the deciding fight for humanity. Sure the opponent is tough but a few thousand or even hundred gantzers would squash him.
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

terrible chapter nothing makes sense

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    When did Kei become an Average Gantzer?

Kei has always been fairly exceptional compared to the other gantzer's. But the only real proof is the Oni fight where he took the boss on solo and did the best, and the Angel mission where he actually defeated a statue.

You need you remember, this is Kei 1. Kei 1 has been fucking ROCKING this entire arc. Kei 1 KILLED Blondie's brother.

That's probably not an easy feat, so I don't see why Kei is being discredited.

Discredited so much that you're actually frustrated that the main character of the series is taking the spot light.

I think if the Gantz alien arc took place after this battle, the feeling of this battle would be a little different.

But never the less, earth is still at stake right now. That is a big deal, even if the mystery is over.

Kei vs Blondie has been for-shadowed FOREVER.

Why you would hope for anything else is nuts man.

Shit, even I thought it was stupid that Kaze and that white bitch were gonna get together. AND THEN THEY DID!

I like this fight.

Kei reminds me of Sepheroth >__>

Edit.

Whats really a shame is that everything that happened in the room with the Gantz alien won't matter. Since it was just several hundred at most People that witnessed it.

Lol, and Kei 1 doesn't know jack shit about it either. Hey, this battle still matter's alot for Kei 1 at least.
    He is special because he is the main character and still pretty "fresh" compared to many other gantzer we saw.
    Liked Kurono at the beginning of the manga, when he got tons of luck in miserable situations. He was still okay in the first time after he met Tae, but when it developed into a romance; it started to get lame(at least for me). Kurono didn't take out the Oni-boss all by himself, Izumi helped him too. That David statue was so far I know already a bit damaged(I need to look it up!) and even so; Kurono got messed up pretty bad and if he wasn't transferred right away he would have died again.

Don't mind the fight itself and I don't care who fights, but it just feels so unrealistic and cliche.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaze and Sakata also helped to take down the Oni alien, it was a team effort.

Now, i simply hate the fights when Kurono evades every single attack they launch at him. It's so funny that Kurono can damage the giant with a sword when a guy aiming with a gun at point blank couldn't do a single scratch on him.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    You need you remember, this is Kei 1. Kei 1 has been fucking ROCKING this entire arc. Kei 1 KILLED Blondie's brother.

That's probably not an easy feat, so I don't see why Kei is being discredited.

Discredited so much that you're actually frustrated that the main character of the series is taking the spot light.
    Didn't he snipe Gonde's brother from afar? Anyway no one is denying that Kei is pretty damn good at what he does... the problem is that Gonde was literally ambushed by 20 pros and managed to defeat them all instantly without sustaining any injuries... Kei 1 is good, but is he good enough to perform better than a 20 man ambush? Fuck off. No way.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mind it, however it just feels like more filler, due to all the 4chan shit.
    But in a way I just loved Kurono in this chapter, seeing him as that loser in the beginning and now seeing him become world champion Gantz soldier haha Love it.

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

18th of April for the next one?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    Didn't he snipe Gonde's brother from afar? Anyway no one is denying that Kei is pretty damn good at what he does... the problem is that Gonde was literally ambushed by 20 pros and managed to defeat them all instantly without sustaining any injuries... Kei 1 is good, but is he good enough to perform better than a 20 man ambush? Fuck off. No way.
    Its just hype thats all.

This battle has been predicted for a long time.

Wouldn't it be worse if Gonde was lacking in any defining characteristic that would make him a threat?

You guys think its unrealistic for Kei to all of a sudden beat a monster that killed all those people.

I say,

It would be way way way way less interesting if there was nothing ominous or pressing about Gonde.

Fuck off.

No way.

Gonde needs to be threatening.

And also, its amazing how people can't read a post correctly.

I said "Kei did the BEST against the oni alien"

yeah, Sakata helped, he also got his heart ripped out. Yeah Kaze helped, he also got struck by lighting and destroyed.

HENCE, Kei stands out don't you think?

At this point, I'm just hoping for a few more good panels of kei swinging that big sword, and then the battle will be over.

I can't imagine anything better than that happening. >_>
    Last edited by kliff2004; March 25, 2013 at 09:55 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    http://www.mangapanda.com/gantz/331/9

The answer to your question is yes.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@kliff2004: I just want a threat that Kei could realistically hold his own against. Gonde seemed to be way too powerful, and yet Kei is somehow gaining the upperhand all on his own. The Gonde we saw a month ago should be dominating atm. I fully expected Kei to require the help of his team in order to stand a chance in this one.

Again, the problem isn't that Gonde is too powerful... if anything, he's somehow too weak. Either he's lost his speed/strength or Kei has gained way more than he should have for this fight. You can't just build up an impossible villain only to gimp him when it counts.

edit: did anyone really believe for a second that Kei would instantly gain the upperhand when they fought? All signs pointed to Kei getting fucked up.
    Last edited by Damura; March 25, 2013 at 10:28 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Foot soldiers are weak and slow. One human wearing a gantz suit and carrying an x shotgun or a gantz sword is vastly superior to a giant holding a disk bazooka.

Not to mention the soldiers in that chapter were far enough for Kei to jump and dodge the disks, these guys on the other side were literally on top of the giant.

http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/376/17
    Last edited by GAT-X252; March 25, 2013 at 10:29 PM.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KetchikanAKGantzer View Post
    http://www.mangapanda.com/gantz/331/9

The answer to your question is yes.
    haha. that's a little different though.

lol I love that:

Kei: Shit, shit SHIT! Tell them that you're my hostage!!

Fra: Nah it's no use, just surrender.

Crazy bitch. Their only weapons are giant buzz saws and the guy is standing right next to your neck! Get it together Fra!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...what to say what to say? Suicide attempts after the alien invasion have been stopped but omg one person is alive and killing people so lets kill ourselves, seemed like a fake way to make things seem dramatic. Yes we get it, you don't like stupid internet trolls and hate them and is using your median to point out how stupid they are but please stop, we get it! Can you work on your story in your manga instead of raging? Another chapter that consists of more than 50% of reaction shots yeah! I'm sure that this chapter only progressed 5minutes from the last one at most.

I don't know I was sitting here thinking for a while about something I liked about this chapter or the past few ones and can't really think of anything. I can't even say I like the fight because I don't. Like most people I don't think it's realistic that Kei is that good. Plus I don't even care for Blondie. I know the author is trying to make it a special fight cause OMG he killed his brother or something but I would rather the epic battle have some actual history. It would be better if it was Nishi, Izumi, Kei clone or something that reflected the Gantz ideology or something.

Maybe when this is over it'll move on to better things or just end, which might not be a bad thing how things are going.

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast